Access Wireless is fully devoted to serving only Lifeline Assistance and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)-eligible clients. This means that their deals and plans are only available to those individuals/households that are eligible for the Lifeline and ACP support.
Access Wireless is one of those cell phone providers who took Lifeline and ACP Support to the next level and offers not only free monthly plans but also FREE phones. Access Wireless operates in more than 40 states but they provide free phones and plans in these states Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Herein we take a closer look at Access Wireless Free phones, plans, and how you can get your hands on those. After completing this article, you will be able to determine whether Access Wireless is the right choice for you.
What are the Steps to Get an Access Wireless Free Government Phone?
In order to receive an Access Wireless free phone from the government, you must respect some rules and follow a simple procedure:
- First, you have to make sure that you meet the company’s program eligibility criteria. You have to meet the age requirement, the location requirement, and the FCC-determined Lifeline and ACP eligibility requirements. See these requirements below.
- Secondly, you have to prove your eligibility by providing certain documents that verify all of the essential information.
- Thirdly, you can apply for the Access Wireless free phone through the company’s Lifeline and ACP government assistance programs. See how below.
- If approved, enjoy the Access Wireless Lifeline and ACP benefits that you can receive in addition to the free government phone.
How to Get Access Wireless Free Phone from Government
To get access to a FREE monthly plan and Government FREE phone, you will have to meet certain conditions. Access Wireless follows standard Lifeline Assistance and ACP guidelines – you can apply either based on low income or participation in one of the government-supported programs.
How Do I Qualify for an Access Wireless Phone Through the Lifeline and ACP Programs
There are two ways to get an Access Wireless FREE phone and plan through Lifeline and ACP:
- PARTICIPATION(at least one member of the household must participate in one of the programs listed below) IN CERTAIN PUBLIC ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS. Here is the full list of these programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (both Lifeline and ACP eligibility)
- Medicaid (both Lifeline and ACP eligibility)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) (both Lifeline and ACP eligibility)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) (both Lifeline and ACP eligibility)
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension (both Lifeline and ACP eligibility)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) (for ACP eligibility only)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision Schools (for ACP eligibility only)
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year (for ACP eligibility only)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance (both Lifeline and ACP eligibility)
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) (both Lifeline and ACP eligibility)
- Tribal head Start (both Lifeline and ACP eligibility)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (both Lifeline and ACP eligibility)
- LOW INCOME: if a household income equals or is below 135% (for Lifeline) or 200% (for ACP) of the federal poverty guidelines. For more info visit Free Government Cell Phones For Low Income
In addition, all Lifeline subscribers automatically qualify for the ACP program.
Moreover, to participate in the program, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of one of the states where Access Wireless offers its services.
What Documents are Required When Applying Lifeline and Acp for Access Wireless Free Phone?
In either of the above two cases you will need to provide the following information/copies of documents containing that information:
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number (or Tribal identification number)
- If applying based on PARTICIPATION you will also need to provide a document proving that participation; this can be a copy of a member’s card or a cover letter issued by the organization.
- If applying based on LOW INCOME, you will need to provide documents proving low income; this will require one or more of the following:
- A copy of last year’s State or Federal income tax return
- Three consecutive months’ worth of your most current pay stubs
- Social Security benefits statement
- Veterans Administration benefits statement
- Retirement/Pension benefits statement
- Divorce decree or child support document
- Unemployment/Workers Compensation benefits statement
How to Apply for an Access Wireless Free Phone
Applying for Access Wireless service is easy and convenient.
- For non-National Verifier states:
- Apply onlineby following the link (https://www.accesswireless.com), entering your ZIP code, clicking the “APPLY NOW” button, and following the procedure.
- Apply by mail: sent printed out and filled in application and copies of all required documents to Access Wireless, 1 Levee Way, Suite 3116, Newport, KY 41071
- Call 1-888-900-5899 and a Customer Care representative will assist you
- For states in the National Verifier, you must first qualify for the Lifeline program through the National Verifier by completing the National Verifier application. After you have successfully qualified through the National Verifier and received your Application ID, then you may complete the Access Wireless application to finish your enrollment.
How Can I Check My Lifeline and ACP Application Status?
Once you submit your application, the company will review it and as soon as they reach a decision on whether or not you are approved, they will contact you via email.
However, you can also check your Lifeline and ACP application status by visiting the company’s official website, opening the main menu, and choosing ‘My Account’. You can also visit https://www.accesswireless.com/account directly. Log into your account and you will see your status immediately.
If I Don’t Qualify for the Lifeline and ACP Programs, is There Any Other Way to Get a Free Phone From Access Wireless
Access Wireless only focuses on providing free government phones and services to Lifeline and ACP-eligible customers, as such, there is no other way to receive a free phone from Access Wireless than through the Lifeline and ACP program.
Nevertheless, there are many other non-Lifeline and ACP carriers that offer free phones under certain conditions, such as switching to the carrier, adding a new line, purchasing a select plan, trading in an old device, etc. These carriers include AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and many others.
What are the Access Wireless Lifeline and ACP Benefits That You Can Get With a Free Phone
Access Wireless offers numerous benefits for its Lifeline and/or ACP-eligible customers. The exact list of perks depends on the plan you qualify for and your state of residence, however, in some areas, you can get:
- A free government smartphone
- Free monthly wireless services with:
- Free unlimited texts
- Free voice minutes (up to unlimited)
- Free monthly data (up to unlimited but only a certain amount of high-speed data)
- Additional perks such as:
- Hotspot data
- Voice mail
- Caller ID
- 3-way calling
- Free emergency calls, etc.
What are the Access Wireless Lifeline and ACP Plans in 2023
Access Wireless operates in over 40 states and most areas are provided with free Lifeline and/or ACP plans as described below. This may change or may even be specific to your area. However, currently, we found 3 types of FREE Access Wireless plans (all of them are described below).
This plan is available in most states and provides clients with:
- Up to 1000 minutes (unlimited talk in California)
- Unlimited texts
- Up to 5 GB of data each month (up to 6 GB in California)
This plan is available in many areas across the country and it offers:
- Up to 1000 minutes
- Unlimited texts
- Unlimited data (up to 10 GB of high-speed data)
- Hotspot data
ACP + Lifeline (Best Value)
This plan is available in numerous states and provides clients with:
- Unlimited talk
- Unlimited texts
- Unlimited data (up to 15 GB of high-speed data)
- Hotspot data
Keep in mind that the plans depend on the area. As such, to know which benefits are available in your area, go to the company’s official website, enter your ZIP code, and press ‘Apply Now’. This way you will find out exactly what to expect.
What Other Services Does Access Wireless Offer?
As mentioned before, the company only offers services to its Lifeline and ACP-eligible customers. Some of the provider’s services are free and others are not. Access’s services include:
- Free smartphone
- Free monthly wireless services
- Lifeline, ACP, and ACP & Lifeline plans
- Nationwide coverage
- Free long-distance calling
- International calling availability
- Prepaid cards for additional minutes and/or data
- Monthly plan options for families
- Affordable upgrade phones
- Reliable customer support service
How Do I Activate Access Wireless Free Phone?
Each Access Wireless handset is different, therefore, make sure to follow the activation instructions provided in the packaging of your phone.
For further help, contact Access Wireless customer service at 1-866-594-3644.
Are There Any Restrictions for Access Wireless Free Phone?
Access Wireless also comes with a set of rules and restrictions, which any potential customer, such as yourself should know about. Make sure to review them below.
- Only citizens who participate in a qualifying government program or are income-eligible can get an Access Wireless free phone and services.
- Only one wireless, landline, or broadband internet service benefit is allowed per household.
- Access Wireless account is non-transferable and must be in the name of the qualified customer.
- To be eligible, you must provide your date of birth, social security number, proof of identification, proof of program participation, and the provided address must be your place of residence.
- The provided information and documentation must be authentic, otherwise, the consumer may be punished by fine or imprisonment or be barred from the program.
- Customers may have restrictions on the selection of available i-wireless rate plans.
- If you no longer qualify for the program or if you change your address, you must notify Access Wireless.
- Phones are provided by Access Wireless.
Violation of the one-per-household rule or other FCC rules will result in the customer’s de-enrollment from Lifeline and/or ACP.
What Type of Phone Does Access Wireless Give You Free in 2023
Access Wireless tends to give medium-range older model smartphones for free. The provided phone may vary by manufacturer and the model you get depends on inventory availability. The customer cannot choose his or her own phone, but they may always upgrade the phone through their online store. Customers can even switch to a better phone for an additional charge.
3 Best Free Phones at Access Wireless
It is important that we get something cleared straight away; all wireless providers that offer FREE phones select devices based on their current availability and stock, which means that you cannot choose which exact brand or model of the FREE phone will you receive.
NOTE: You can always purchase an upgraded phone through our online store. They have a full range of smartphones available for you to choose from.
Below are three smartphones that you are most likely to get for free presented in further detail.
Coolpad Legacy Go
The Coolpad Legacy Go is packed with the essential features you need and fits your budget. A 5″ display, crisp 5MP rear camera, and fast quad-core processor, all optimized on Android™ Go OS. The Coolpad Legacy Go is the perfect choice for those seeking an impressive value at an affordable price.
- Network Speed: 4G LTE
- Screen size: 5.0″ FWVGA touchscreen
- Camera: 5MP rear, 2MP front
- Operating System: Android 8.1 (Oreo Go Edition)
- Processor: 1.1 GHz Quad Core
- Memory: 8GB Internal, up to 32GB expandable MicroSD
- RAM: 1GB
- HAC: M4/T3
Motorola E5 Play
Spending less doesn’t mean sacrificing the things you love. Just look at moto e⁵ play. With an advanced 8 MP autofocus camera, say goodbye to blurry photos once and for all. And your selfies have never looked better thanks to a front-facing flash. Go up to 24 hours on a single charge. Keep your phone protected with a water-repellent coating. Make room for more photos, songs, and videos with expandable storage. Get all the speed you need with 2 GB of memory and a quad-core processor.
- Network Speed: 4G LTE
- Screen size: 5.2″ HD display (1280×720)
- Camera: 8MP rear, 5MP front
- Operating System: Android™ 8.0 Oreo
- Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core CPU and Adreno 308 GPU
- Battery Life: 2800mAh, interchangeable
- Memory: 16GB, microSD support to 128GB
- RAM: 2GB
LG Tribute Dynasty
The LG Tribute Dynasty’s touch display is vibrant and bright — and it’s big. At a full five inches, its high definition resolution stands out. Capture unforgettable moments perfectly with the LG Tribute Dynasty’s 8MP rear camera and make selfies a snap with Auto Shot and Gesture Shot. The Tribute Dynasty’s 2,500 mAh battery is not only long-lasting, it can also be swapped out fast for an instant full charge. Running out of memory is now a memory. With 16GB of built-in storage, there’s plenty of space for pics, tunes, apps and more.
- Network Speed: 4G LTE
- Screen size: 5.0″ HD display
- Camera: 8MP rear, 5MP front
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
- Processor: 1.5GHz Octa-Core
- Battery Life: Up to 15 hours Talk Time
- Memory: 16GB with microSD support to 32GB
- RAM: 2GB
- HAC: M3/T3
Here are some other phone models that you may be able to get for free at Access Wireless: ZTE Blade Force, LG K30, Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve, LG Tribute Empire, Motorola Moto E6, Samsung A10e, and Motorola Z3 Play.
Access Wireless BYOP
Access Wireless operates on Sprint network, thus they do offer you to bring an unlocked phone or to bring your own Sprint device (BYOSD).
All interested in bringing their existing device to Access Wireless should call their support at 1-888-900-5899 to check if your device is compatible. Visit Access Wireless Compatible Phones
What to do if an Access Wireless phone gets damaged, stolen, broken, or lost?
A malfunction within the First Year:
If you experience an equipment malfunction, call Access Wireless support at 1-866-594-3644 and they will discuss your options for a replacement phone.
Access Wireless Lost or Stolen Phone Replacement :
If your mobile phone is lost or stolen, you are responsible for any charges incurred until you notify Customer Care of the loss by calling 1-866-594-3644. Once Access Wireless has been notified, your account will be suspended from further use. You will have 45 days to activate a new phone or notify Access Wireless that you have found your old phone. If you do not notify them within 45 days of either action, your account will be deactivated and any remaining account balance will be lost and the phone number may be reassigned.
You may qualify for a replacement device, or you may select to purchase a new Access Wireless phone, which can be purchased in the Access Wireless online store. To determine if you qualify for a replacement, please call their Customer Care.
Why Choose Access Wireless?
Access Wireless is a popular and reliable Lifeline and ACP provider. Many customers choose this company as their free government cell phone provider and there are many reasons why.
For one, Access Wireless uses a reliable network carrier that offers nationwide coverage. They offer free long-distance calls and international calling availability. The company also offers a simple application process, high-quality free smartphones from the best brands, and a great free plan that comes with unlimited minutes of talk time, unlimited texts, and unlimited monthly data (note: the exact list of benefits depends on the state and plan).
Access Wireless Free Phone Other Things You Need To Knew
Can I bring my own phone to Access Wireless?
Yes, you can. Access Wireless offers the option to bring your own phone, however, the phones must be unlocked, GSM 4G LTE compatible, and have a qualified Access Wireless SIM card. To make sure your phone is compatible with Access Wireless, visit https://www.accesswireless.com/shop-phones/eligible_phones and make sure to buy or get their SIM card.
Is Access Wireless GSM or CDMA?
Access Wireless has recently upgraded their network to GSM 4G LTE and their mobile devices use GSM technology, therefore only GSM phones will work with Access Wireless.
How good is Access Wireless free phone service?
Access Wireless offers one of the best free phone services in the country and is regarded by many as one of the best Lifeline providers in the country. You can find out more about how good Access Wireless service is in the ‘Why choose Access Wireless?’ section above.
How long does Access Wireless take to send a free phone?
Once your application has been approved, Access Wireless will do its best to ship out the free phone as soon as possible. You can expect to receive it in a week or two via US registered mail.
Is Access Wireless phone compatible with other carriers?
An unlocked Access Wireless phone should theoretically work with other carriers that use GSM technology (such as AT&T and T-Mobile). However, Access Wireless devices may not be compatible with other carriers’ networks due to the use of different frequencies and technologies to provide wireless network access.
What network does Access Wireless use?
Access Wireless is an MVNO that doesn’t have its own network. Instead, the company uses Sprit network, which is now a part of the new T-Mobile.
Can I buy an Access Wireless phone and SIM elsewhere?
You can buy an Access Wireless phone and SIM card online on their official website or in-store at any of their participating retailers, including Kroger, Family Dollar, and Speedway.
Can I upgrade my Access Wireless free phone without cost?
Probably not. Phone upgrades, as well as convenience payment and changing your phone number, may be subject to a charge. You may get a discount on the upgrade phone, however, unlike the originally provided free phone, the new one isn’t free of charge.