Why Would You Want to Activate Your Access Wireless SIM Card
Chances are that you are reading this article because you wish to know all there is to know about the Access Wireless SIM card activation process. Luckily, you have definitely come to the right place to get all the vital information. However, before we begin to dissect the actual activation process, let’s first see why would you even need or want to activate your Access SIM card.
Completing the Access Wireless SIM card activation process comes with several great benefits, including:
- Only by activating the SIM card on a device will you be able to use your free monthly cell phone and wireless services
- You will be able to enjoy free unlimited talk minutes
- You will be able to send an unlimited number of monthly text messages
- You will be able to access mobile data and enjoy a large amount of free data (the exact amount depends on your plan and state)
- You will have access to Access Wireless’s nationwide network
- You will be able to activate your Lifeline, ACP, or Lifeline & ACP Combo plan
What Do You Need Before Beginning the Access Wireless SIM Card Activation Process?
Before you begin your Access Wireless SIM card activation process, you should get ready. Doing so will help ensure that the process is fast and smooth.
Things to Consider
- First and foremost, you must check if you even qualify for Access Wireless’s services. After all, Access is a Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program provider that only offers free monthly services and free smartphones to customers who are eligible to receive government assistance benefits. You can qualify for the two programs based on your income (for Lifeline it must be at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines and for ACP it must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines) or based on your participation in a qualifying government assistance program, such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, Tribal programs, etc.
- Make sure you are at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of one of the states where Access offers its services.
- Check Access’s Lifeline, ACP, and Combo offers in your state of residence to make sure that the benefits you can receive fit your needs.
- Make sure that the company’s network coverage is good in your area.
Things to Do
- Apply for Access Wireless’s government assistance program. Apply for the Lifeline plan, ACP plan, or Lifeline and ACP combo plan, depending on which one best suits you.
- First, you may need to apply through the National Verifier at nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply.
- Then you can apply through Access. To do so, visit accesswireless.com, enter your ZIP code, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the application process.
Things to Have
And most importantly, before you can begin your Access Wireless SIM card activation process, you will need the following items:
- An active Access Wireless account
- An Access SIM card
- An Access phone
How Can You Get an Access Wireless SIM Card
To receive an Access Wireless SIM card, you must apply for the company’s services. Once you apply for the company’s government assistance benefits and your application gets approved, the company will automatically send you a free Access SIM card kit. The kit will include the Access Wireless SIM card activation instructions, as such, you can activate the device and card by simply following those instructions. If eligible, you will also receive an Access Wireless free phone.
What Kind of Phone Do You Need for Access Wireless SIM Card Activation?
Obviously, you will need a device to activate and use your Access SIM card with. When it comes to the mobile device you use, you have two options.
- You can bring your own unlocked, GSM LTE 4G/5G device that is compatible with Access’s services and network. Before you bring the phone to access, make sure to check its compatibility at accesswireless.com/shop-phones/eligible_phones#:~:text=You%20can%20use%20any%20unlocked,check%20compatibility%20with%20our%20network.
- If eligible, you may receive a free smartphone directly from Access Wireless.
Access Wireless SIM Card Activation Process
Once you have the Access Wireless original or compatible phone, SIM card, and approved account, it’s time to activate the device and SIM card and thus complete your account setup. To successfully complete the Access Wireless SIM card activation process, follow these simple steps:
- Turn off your Access (original or compatible) phone.
- Locate the phone’s SIM card tray or slot. Open it.
- Depending on the size of the SIM slot, pop out the SIM card in the right size that will fit the slot.
- Gently insert your Access SIM card into the slot and close it.
- Turn your device on.
- Find the activation instructions inside the packaging of your Access Wireless phone.
- As each phone is different, make sure to follow the provided activation instructions by the letter.
- If you need additional assistance, please call Access’s customer support care at 1-866-594-3644.
Can You Activate My Access Wireless SIM Card Online?
A while ago, Access offered a convenient online activation tool, however, now, they don’t offer any tools or assistance online. Instead, they will send you the activation instructions with your phone or SIM card via mail.
How Do You Know If the Access Wireless SIM Card Activation Process is Completed?
Once your Access phone and SIM card have been successfully activated, you will receive a notification message, as such, there is no need to check it.
Nevertheless, you can check if the process is completed by trying to place a call, send a text message, or access mobile data. If you can, your Access Wireless SIM card activation has been successfully completed.
What if the Access Wireless SIM Card Activation Process is Unsuccessful?
If you are unable to place a call, send text messages, or use data, you should contact the company’s customer care at 1-866-594-3644 or at accesswireless.com/contact-us.