Tag Mobile is an American wireless telecommunications provider. It offers prepaid services, mobile devices, a Bring Your Own Device program, a nationwide network, and reliable support services. The company also participates in two government assistance programs – Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Lifeline offers discounts on monthly phone, wireless, and internet services, and phones, while the new ACP program offers discounts on broadband services and connected devices. Both benefits are only available to qualifying residents of Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Tag Mobile’s eligible low-income households can apply for a monthly service plan with unlimited talk, unlimited text, and up to 8GB of free high-speed data. You should activate your Tag Mobile SIM card for use this all service. Here, I’ll guide you Tag Mobile activation process for start using your new Tag Mobile phone as soon as possible.
Before Activate Your Tag Mobile SIM Card
Before you can activate your Tag Mobile SIM card, you must do and get the following:
- Become a Tag Mobile customer. If you wish to join Tag’s assistance programs, you must be eligible (have a low income or participate in another government assistance program) and able to prove your eligibility with official documents. You can then apply for Tag’s service at “tagmobile.com”. Simply follow the on-screen prompts.
- Get a Tag Mobile SIM card. The company will automatically send you one via mail once you become an approved customer.
- Prepare your Tag Mobile phone. You can either get one directly from Tag Mobile (if eligible, you will receive a free smartphone, otherwise, you can purchase a device at “tagmobile.com/Shop/Phone”) or you can bring your own carrier-unlocked compatible device (join the BYOD program at “tagmobile.com/BringYourPhone/Bring-your-phone”).
Steps To Activate Your Tag Mobile SIM Card
While some carriers and wireless providers offer fancy online activation procedures, Tag Mobile keeps it simple. All you need to do to activate your Tag Mobile SIM card is to follow these simple instructions:
- Prepare both your Tag Mobile SIM card and phone (original or compatible)
- Make sure to fully charge the phone and turn it off.
- Locate the phone’s SIM card slot or tray. You may find it on the side or under the back cover.
- Carefully insert your Tag Mobile SIM card in the phone’s SIM card slot. Make sure to pop out the SIM card in the right size that will fit the phone’s slot perfectly. Make sure the metal chip faces the right side.
- Turn the phone back on.
- Contact Tag Mobile’s customer support service at 1 (866) 959-4918 or Tag chat support at “tagmobile.com”. You may need another device to do so. Ask to speak to a representative and ask them to activate your phone.
- You will be required to provide some information about your account (your phone number, SIM card number – located in your SIM card kit, and certain personal information).
- The representative will guide you through the process and do most of the work on their own.
How to Know if My Tag Mobile SIM Card Has Been Activated?
Once your Tag Mobile activation process is completed, you should receive a text message welcoming you to the service and network. However, you can also test whether or not the account has been activated successfully by trying to place a call or use data.
How to Activate My Tag Mobile Account if It Is Closed Due to Non-Usage?
According to government Lifeline and ACP rules, each customer must use their account at least once every 30 days, otherwise, their account will be closed due to non-usage.
However, you can reactivate your account within 30 days from the date the account was closed. To do so, contact the company’s customer support service at 1 (866) 959-4918 or Tag chat support at “tagmobile.com”.
If, on the other hand, you wish to reactivate your account later than 30 days from the date the account was closed, you will be required to reapply for the service and benefits.