Why Should You Want to Activate AirTalk Wireless?
AirTalk Wireless is one of the best Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) providers in the country. The company offers its government assistance program and all of its benefits to eligible low-income households in the states of California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, New Jersey, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Qualifying customers can receive a free government phone, a one-time ACP discount of up to $100 on select tablets, and free unlimited monthly phone and wireless services.
Customers who apply for the AirTalk Lifeline and ACP government assistance programs and whose application gets approved may receive a free phone. The phone’s brand and model and whether or not the customer will be allowed to choose the device him/herself depends on the plan the customer qualifies for. The plans vary between states and the customer’s eligibility (households may qualify for the Lifeline Only plan, ACP Only Plan, or Lifeline & ACP Combo Plan). Customer can also bring their own device if they choose to do so.
Once the customer receives an AirTalk Wireless free government phone (or brings their own), they must activate it. Why, you ask? Well, if you do not activate the phone, you can turn it on, connect it to Wi-Fi, and use Wi-Fi-supported apps and features. However, without completing the AirTalk Wireless activation process, you will not be able to access the network and the free monthly phone and wireless services that you will also receive as a qualifying customer. You will not be able to use the free monthly talk minutes or make/take any phone calls, send text messages, and use the free monthly data that you will get in addition to the free device.
Moreover, if you don’t use your Lifeline/ACP free monthly services for more than 30 consecutive days, you will lose your Lifeline and/or ACP benefits.
What Should Think Before Starting the AirTalk Wireless Activation
Long before starting the AirTalk Wireless activation process you should consider whether or not AirTalk Wireless is suitable for you in the first place.
- First of all, you should check whether or not you qualify for the AirTalk Wireless Lifeline and/or ACP program.
- To qualify for the Lifeline program, you must either come from a low-income household or participate in one of the qualifying government assistance programs. More specifically, there are 2 Lifeline eligibility criteria – income-based or program participation-based. You can apply if your annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines or if a member of your household participates in Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, FPHA, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, or certain Tribal assistance programs.
- Your household is ACP-eligible if your annual household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, if a member of your household participates in one of the qualifying government assistance programs, such as Lifeline, any of the Lifeline-qualifying programs listed above, WIC, Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, or if the household has received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- In addition, you can only apply for the AirTalk Wireless government assistance program (Lifeline or ACP) if you are at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of one of the states where AirTalk offers its services.
- Secondly, you should make sure that you are able to prove your eligibility by providing certain valid official documents that contain all the required information.
- You must apply for the AirTalk Wireless government assistance program. You can do so at airtalkwireless.com. Press ‘Apply Now’ and follow the on-screen prompts. You may also be required to apply through the National Verifier or the Lifeline/ACP Support Center first.
- During the application process, you will see which plan you qualify for. Review the offer. Review the details of the free plan that you can receive and the free device. Make sure that both the plan and the device suit your needs. If not, you should find a provider that will fit you better.
- Perhaps most importantly, make sure that AirTalk has coverage in your area. Do so at airtalkwireless.com/check-coverage by entering your address or ZIP code. If there is no coverage in your area, AirTalk is certainly not suitable for you, as even after completing the AirTalk Wireless activation process, you may not be able to make a simple phone call, send a text message, or use the monthly data.
- In case you already have a phone that fits your needs perfectly and you wish to bring it to AirTalk Wireless, make sure that the device is carrier-unlocked and compatible with AirTalk’s services and network. To do so, visit airtalkwireless.com/byop, enter your phone’s IMEI number in the provided search box, and press ‘Check Compatibility’. The system will immediately let you know whether or not you will be able to use your phone with AirTalk’s services.
- Make sure to review AirTalk’s terms and conditions, as by activating your AirTalk phone, SIM, or account you automatically agree to those terms. If you don’t accept any of the terms and conditions, do not activate the service. See the company’s terms and conditions at airtalkwireless.com/term-condition.
After making sure that AirTalk’s services fit your needs, apply for the government assistance program. You will receive a free device and a free SIM kit. You will then be able to activate your AirTalk Wireless account.
How to Activate AirTalk Wireless
In order to complete the AirTalk Wireless activation device and thus activate your AirTalk Wireless account, SIM card, and phone, simply follow these easy steps:
- First, make sure to apply for the AirTalk Wireless government assistance program. This is the only way to receive the AirTalk Wireless free phone and SIM card in the first place. See the application process and requirements in the previous section.
- Once you receive both a SIM card and the free phone (or bring your own compatible device), charge the phone’s battery, insert the SIM card in the phone’s SIM tray, and power the device on.
- Then, visit airtalkwireless.com/active-my-sim-card.
- Enter your MDN (Mobile Directory Number – your 10-digit telephone number). Enter your SIM card number.
- Press ‘Submit’.
- Your phone should be activated within a few moments. Once activated, you can expect to receive a text message saying that your service is active.
- Check whether or not the AirTalk Wireless activation process is complete by making a call. If you are able to make a phone call, send a message, or use data, your service has been successfully activated.
How to Activate/Install Your AirTalk Wireless SIM Card?
While completing the AirTalk Wireless activation process in order to activate your AirTalk Wireless account and service, you automatically activate the AirTalk Wireless SIM card as well. The AirTalk Wireless activation process described in detail in the previous section activates the account, the SIM card, and the phone in which the SIM card is inserted. As such, you can see the AirTalk SIM card activation process in the previous chapter.
In order to install your AirTalk Wireless, on the other hand, you must follow these instructions:
- Get your phone and SIM card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Locate the phone’s SIM card tray.
- Open the phone’s SIM card tray.
- If there is another SIM card in the tray, make sure to remove it first.
- AirTalk’s SIM card will come in 3 different sizes. Choose the size that will fit your phone’s SIM card tray.
- Carefully insert the SIM card into the tray. Make sure it fits perfectly.
- Close the tray.
- Turn on the phone and continue with the AirTalk Wireless activation process described above.
What to Do if I Can’t Activate AirTalk Wireless With These Instructions?
In case you are unable to successfully complete the AirTalk Wireless activation process with the above-provided instructions, you should contact the company’s customer support service. There are several ways to do so:
- You can contact AirTalk’s customer support service by phone at 1 (855) 924-7825.
- You can contact the support service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You chat with a representative on the company’s official website.
- You can contact the company online at airtalkwireless.com/contact.
AirTalk Wireless’s customer support service is available Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 8 PM CST.
What to Do if I Have Any Issues During the AirTalk Wireless Activation?
In case you have any issues during the AirTalk Wireless activation process, you should try the following tips to overcome them:
- If you have completed the AirTalk Wireless activation process described above and you are unable to place calls, send text messages, and use data, you should try restarting your phone. Sometimes it may take a while for the activation to kick in and restarting the device may speed up the process.
- Turning on and then off the airplane mode on your phone may also work and when the phone comes out of airplane mode, it automatically searches for the network.
- You can also go to Settings on your phone and search for network settings. Make sure that the automatic network search option is turned on or manually choose AirTalk’s network if you can.
- Turn the phone off to check if the SIM card is inserted in the SIM tray properly. The phone will not be able to connect to AirTalk’s services without a SIM card.
- Consider redoing the AirTalk Wireless activation process described above.
- If nothing else works, make sure to contact the company’s customer support service. The trained representative will walk you through the process and they may also be able to activate the device for you. You can see the different contact options in the previous chapter.
If you need information How to Get AirTalk Wireless Replacement Phone
What Benefits Do I Get After Activating AirTalk Wireless?
After you have successfully completed the AirTalk Wireless activation process described above, you will be able to enjoy the numerous benefits of AitTalk’s government assistance programs, including:
A free government phone
Note: This offer depends on the plan you qualify for. For example, if you apply for the Lifeline plan, you will get no free smartphone. If you qualify for the ACP plan, you will receive a free basic smartphone, but you won’t be able to choose it yourself, and if you qualify for the Lifeline & ACP Combo plan, you will be able to choose from the most trusted phone brands and models, and opt for an iPhone 8, a Samsung Galaxy S9, Motorola Moto G Pure, or other great phone models. The last plan is obviously the most valuable one.
Pro tip: While being ACP-eligible does not automatically make you Lifeline-eligible, being Lifeline-eligible does automatically qualify you for the ACP program. As such, if you are a Lifeline subscriber, make sure to apply for the ACP program, as you will surely be accepted.
- The ability to bring your phone if you wish to do so.
- Access to a reliable network with nationwide coverage.
- A free unlimited plan. The exact list of benefits that are included in a plan depends on the state and the plan, however, some of the best plans (Lifeline & ACP Combo plans) offer the following benefits:
- Unlimited monthly talk
- Unlimited monthly text and picture messaging
- 15GB of high-speed 4G LTE or 5G data
- Caller ID, call waiting, 3-way calling, voicemail, and other features
- Free shipping nationwide
- ACP-eligible customers can also receive a one-time ACP discount of up to $100 on tablets. According to government rules, the customer must, however, pay at least $10.01 in order to receive the device.
- Reliable services and responsive customer support.
In case you also need information How to Get AirTalk Wireless Free iPhone
Can I Activate AirTalk Wireless Online?
Yes. You can do so at airtalkwireless.com/active-my-sim-card. However, you must follow the entire process described in the section ‘How to Activate AirTalk Wireless’.
Why Does Sometimes My AirTalk Wireless Not Work After Activation?
First of all, you may have to wait a bit for the activation to ‘kick in’. The issue may be an incompatible phone or a poorly fitting SIM card. You should also make sure that you entered the correct MDN and SIM card on the online activation page. Moreover, make sure to check your phone’s network settings.
How to Add AirTalk Wireless Airtime During Activation
You cannot add AirTalk Wireless airtime during activation. However, you can add airtime online at airtalkwireless.com/topup. There you can add international calling, monthly data, voice minutes, or bundles with talk and data.
Do I Need AirTalk Wireless SIM Card Activation After Replacing a SIM Card?
Yes. In case you lose your SIM card or it gets damaged, you will have to order a new one. Once it arrives, make sure to repeat the AirTalk Wireless activation process described in the article above.
Can I Transfer My AirTalk Wireless Number to Another Phone?
Yes. You can transfer your existing number (regardless of whether you got it from AirTalk Wireless or your previous carrier) to another phone and your account.
Can I Use My AirTalk Wireless SIM Card With Another New Phone?
Yes. AirTalk Wireless offers a Bring Your Own Device program, which enables customers to bring their own devices and use them with AirTalk’s services. However, the phone you bring must be carrier-unlocked, compatible with AirTalk’s network and services, and comply with all the company’s laws, rules, and regulations. Check your phone’s compatibility at airtalkwireless.com/byop.
Does AirTalk Wireless SIM Card Support 5G?
Absolutely. AirTalk offers a nationwide 4G and 5G network, therefore its SIM card support 5G connectivity. However, to enjoy 5G speeds, you must also have a 5G-enabled phone.
Is AirTalk Wireless SIM Card CDMA or GSM?
AirTalk Wireless is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that does not use its own network towers but partners with a larger carrier to use its towers. AirTalk happens to use the towers of AT&T and thus enables its customers to access AT&T’s huge network with nationwide coverage. AT&T network uses GSM ((Global System for Mobile Communications) technology. Nevertheless, most modern and advanced phones work perfectly on both GSM and CDMA networks.