What is AirTalk Wireless and What Services Does it Offer?
AirTalk Wireless is a wireless service provider that participates in two government assistance programs – Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Lifeline is a government benefit program that helps make communications services more affordable for low-income households. It offers discounts on cell phone and wireless services to people in need.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), on the other hand, is a brand new aid program funded by the government that provides discounts on monthly broadband services.
Some Lifeline providers also offer free phones and some ACP providers offer discounted internet-connected devices, however, whether or not they do so and what kind of devices they offer depends solely on each provider’s generosity. In that sense, it is safe to say that AirTalk is one of the most generous government assistance providers. As it participates in both programs, it offers both free phones and discounted tablets. In addition, while most other Lifeline providers only offer mid-range Android smartphones, AirTalk Wireless is one of the very few providers that also offer free iPhones.
Eligible AirTalk customers can also receive a free unlimited monthly plan that offers free texts, free talk, and free high-speed data.
What is the Process of Getting an AirTalk Wireless Free iPhone?
In addition to the many other benefits offered by AirTalk Wireless, the company’s qualifying customers can also get an AirTalk Wireless free iPhone. However, as AirTalk provides all of these benefits through the government, there are obviously some strict rules that must be followed. The simple, yet vital process of getting an AirTalk Wireless free iPhone is as follows:
- First, make sure that you qualify for the AirTalk Wireless Lifeline and ACP program. To qualify, you must meet the age requirement, the state requirement, and the government-determined Lifeline/ACP eligibility criteria. See all of these requirements in the following section.
- Secondly, you must be able to prove your eligibility. Only customers who can prove that they are struggling to afford these services and devices can actually apply. See the list of acceptable documents below.
- Finally, apply for the AirTalk Wireless Lifeline and ACP plan. Note: You can also receive a free phone if you apply for the ACP Only plan, however, in this case, you won’t be able to choose the device that best fits your needs and you will receive one of the most basic smartphones. See the detailed application process below.
How to Qualify for AirTalk Wireless Lifeline and ACP to Receive a Free iPhone
Wondering how to get an AirTalk Wireless free iPhone? Well, the first thing you must do is to qualify for the company’s government assistance program. To do so, you must meet the following requirements.
In order to qualify for the program, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
State Requirement – In Which States Does AirTalk Wireless Offer Free Service?
AirTalk Wireless only offers its services in the following U.S. states – California, Colorado, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. Only residents of these states can apply for the AirTalk Wireless government discounts on services and devices.
In addition, to apply you must also meet the FCC-determined Lifeline and/or ACP eligibility criteria that are universal for all providers. You or your household must either meet the income-based eligibility or the program-based eligibility for Lifeline/ACP.
To qualify for Lifeline due to your low income, your annual household income must be at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
To qualify for ACP due to your low income, your annual household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
To qualify for Lifeline/ACP due to program participation, you or any other member of your household must participate in one of the following qualifying government assistance programs:
- Medicaid / Medi-Cal (to qualify for Lifeline and ACP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Food Stamps / CalFresh (to qualify for Lifeline and ACP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) (to qualify for Lifeline and ACP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) (to qualify for Lifeline and ACP)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit (to qualify for Lifeline and ACP)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (to qualify for Lifeline and ACP)
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard) (to qualify for Lifeline and ACP)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF) (to qualify for Lifeline and ACP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (to qualify for Lifeline and ACP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) (to qualify for ACP)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools (to qualify for ACP)
You can also qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) if your household has received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year. In addition, all Lifeline subscribers are automatically eligible for the ACP as well.
What are the Documents Required for the AirTalk Wireless Free iPhone Application?
Before you can begin your AirTalk government assistance program application, you must prepare copies of certain official, unexpired documents that can serve as proof of your eligibility and personal information. Preparing these documents in advance will ensure a smooth enrollment process.
Proof of Identification
- U.S. government, military, state, or Tribal issued-ID
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. Driver License
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Or another official document that includes your full legal name and date of birth
Proof of Address
- U.S. government, State, or Tribal Issued ID
- Driver’s License
- Current Income Statement, Paycheck Stub, or W2
- Statement of Benefits from a Qualifying Program Which Contains Name And Address
- Current Mortgage or Lease Statement
- Utility Bill
- Or another official document that includes your full legal name and physical address
Proof of Income
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- Or another official document containing income information
Proof of Program Participation
- Current or prior year’s statement of benefits from a qualifying state, federal or Tribal program
- Notice letter of participation in a qualifying state, federal, or Tribal Program
- Program participation documents
- Or another official document evidencing the consumer’s participation in a qualifying state, federal, or Tribal Program and includes your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the issuing establishment, and an issue date within the last year or a future expiration date
Some applicants may also be required to provide:
- Proof of emancipation
- Duplicate address
- Social Security Number or Tribal ID Number
- Proof of life
How to Apply for the AirTalk Wireless Lifeline and ACP to Get a Free iPhone?
Now that you have confirmed your eligibility and gathered the documentation that will help you prove it, how to get an AirTalk Wireless free iPhone? By applying for it, of course! You can apply for the Lifeline and ACP program through the National Verifier or through AirTalk Wireless directly.
Apply Through the National Verifier
To apply through the National Verifier online, visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline (for Lifeline) and nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&amp;amp;ebbp=true (for ACP). You may be required to select your state, create an account, and log in. When redirected to the online application forms, make sure to fill both of them out by providing the required information and documentation. Press ‘Next’ at the bottom of each page and finally, press ‘Submit’.
To apply via mail, print out an application form (lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf for Lifeline and affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf for ACP). When applying for the ACP, it is also advisable to include a Household Worksheet (available at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf). Fill out the application forms, add the proof documentation, and send the package to Lifeline/ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Apply Through AirTalk Wireless
The simplest and quickest way to get an AirTalk Wireless free iPhone is online, directly through the company. To do so, visit airtalkwireless.com/apply. Enter your ZIP code and press ‘Apply Now’. Assuming that the company offers its services in your area, you will be redirected to your state’s offer. You will be able to see all three plans offered to eligible customers (Lifeline plan, ACP plan, and Lifeline & ACP combo plan, which is the most valuable one). Select the plan you qualify for and press ‘Apply Now’. You will be redirected to the company’s online application form. Complete it by providing all the required information, eligibility documentation, and other details. Submit the application and if approved, expect to receive an AirTalk Wireless free iPhone within 7 to 10 business days.
If you prefer to apply via mail, you can do so by printing out the application form, filling it out, adding copies of the proof documentation, and sending it to the provider’s physical address.
How Long Will It Take to Receive Approval?
If you apply directly through AirTalk Wireless and decide to do so online, you can expect the approval to take as little as 20 to 30 minutes. Nevertheless, in case your details and documents need to be reconfirmed, the approval process may take up to 3-4 days or longer.
How Can I Check My AirTalk Application Status?
Once your application gets approved (or if it doesn’t get approved), you will be notified immediately via email.
However, if you wish, you can also check your application status at airtalkwireless.com/check-status. Simply enter your email address, ZIP code, and the last 4 numbers of your SSN.
What are the AirTalk Wireless Lifeline and ACP Benefits That You Can Get With a Free iPhone?
The exact list of AirTalk’s Lifeline and ACP benefits depends on your state of residence (not all states offer the same benefits), the plan you choose or qualify for (the Lifeline & ACP combo plan is the most valuable one), and availability.
However, in general, these are the benefits that some customers can receive:
- Free monthly wireless services with:
- Free text (some best-value plans offer unlimited texts)
- Free picture messaging (some best-value plans offer unlimited picture messages)
- Free talk (some best-value plans offer unlimited talk minutes)
- Free monthly data (high-speed) (some best-value plans offer up to 15GB of high-speed data)
- Caller ID
- Call waiting
- 3-way calling
- Free nationwide shipping
- Access to a reliable network with nationwide coverage
- A discounted ACP tablet (for ACP subscribers only)
- A free iPhone, smartphone, or flip phone
What Phones Can You Get for Free From AirTalk Wireless?
While most Lifeline providers only offer mid-range Android smartphones and they do not generally reveal the device models in advance, nor do they allow customers to select the devices, AirTalk Wireless is one of the few providers that offers a huge variety of high-quality phones from the most reputable brands, including Samsung, Apple, Google, Motorola, and LG. It enables eligible customers to choose the device themselves.
AirTalk’s phone assortment tends to change regularly, however, the company currently offers the following devices:
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone SE
- Alcatel Revvl 4
- Alcatel Volta
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 4XL
- LG Aristo 4 Plus
- LG K31 Aristo 5
- LG Stylo 3 Plus
- LG Tribute Empire
- LG V40 ThinQ
- Motorola G Fast
- Motorola G Play
- Motorola G Stylus
- Motorola Moto G7 Plus
- Motorola Moto G8 Power
- Motorola Z3 Play
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus N10 Nord 5G
- OnePlus N100 Nord
- OnePlus N200 Nord 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Samsung Galaxy A50
- Samsung Galaxy J7
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Note 8
- Samsung S6 Edge
- Schok Volt
- Unimax U696CL
- Unimax U693CL
- Wiko U307
- Alcatel Go Flip 4
- Coolpad Belleza
See the full selection of currently available AirTalk Wireless phones at airtalkwireless.com/free-phone.
Apart From AirTalk Wireless, What Other Providers Offer Free iPhones?
As mentioned before, there are not many free iPhone providers among Lifeline and ACP participants. Currently, only the following companies offer free government iPhones:
- AirTalk Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
What are the Limitations for an AirTalk Wireless Government Free iPhone?
Receiving a free iPhone from the government may sound too good to be true, but it is true! However, as such an attractive offer may attract tons of people across the country, the government had to make sure that only the people who are actually unable to receive a free government phone and service can get it. Therefore, they came up with certain rules and restrictions, including:
- Only Lifeline and ACP-eligible households can receive the benefits (services and devices).
- Only one Lifeline and ACP benefit is available per eligible household.
- The Lifeline and ACP benefits are non-transferable between households or even members within the same household, even if eligible.
- Eligible households can only receive benefits from one provider at a time.
- In order to keep receiving the benefits, you must use them at least once every 30 days and recertify once a year.
- If you are no longer eligible, you must notify the company within 30 days.
What to Do if Your AirTalk Wireless Phone Is Not Working?
In case you have received an AirTalk Wireless phone directly from the company and realized that it is not working properly (not due to your misuse), you may return the handset within 15 days of receipt. The device must be returned in complete, without any physical damage or signs of misuse and you may receive a full refund or a replacement device from the company.
If you experience a phone malfunction call AirTalk Wireless’ customer service at +1 (855) 924-7825. Read more at airtalkwireless.com/term-condition.
Does AirTalk Wireless Offer Free Tablets?
Yes, AirTalk Wireless offers a one-time ACP discount on internet-connected devices (tablets) of up to $100. The company offers a large variety of discounted tablets, including the Apple iPad Air, Alcatel Joy Tab, Apple iPad Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus, KonnectONE Moxee Tablet, Apple iPad 4, etc. However, according to government rules, no ACP tablets come completely free of charge. Instead, the customer must pay a mandatory co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50.
Does AirTalk Wireless Offer a Bring Your Own Phone Program?
Yes. Instead of receiving a free government phone from AirTalk, you can also bring your own phone. The device you bring must be carrier-unlocked and compatible with AirTalk’s services. Check the phone’s compatibility with AirTalk at airtalkwireless.com/byop.
Can I Get a Free iPhone Without Any Offers?
You can only get a free iPhone from AirTalk Wireless if you qualify for both Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program. However, there are also some other ways to get a free iPhone, such as carrier deals, retailer deals, online giveaways, by becoming a marketing agent or participating in surveys, etc.
Does Apple Give Anyone a Free iPhone?
Generally, no. You may be able to receive a free iPhone if you have a large social media following and you promote the product in exchange.
Can I Get Two AirTalk Wireless Free Smartphones and iPhones?
No. AirTalk’s government assistance program is limited to one service benefit and one device benefit per eligible household.
Can I Keep My Own Number on AirTalk Wireless?
Yes, you can keep your own number on AirTalk Wireless.
What Network Does AirTalk Wireless Use?
AirTalk Wireless uses AT&T’s nationwide network.
Why Do I Need to Provide My Social Security Number for a Free iPhone?
You may be asked to do so in order to prove your identity or eligibility. However, your personal data is secure and confidential during the application process, so, don’t worry!
Does AirTalk Offer Free iPhones for Seniors?
While AirTalk doesn’t offer any special benefits for senior citizens, many seniors meet the Lifeline and ACP eligibility criteria anyway, and those that do may receive a free iPhone from AirTalk Wireless.
Can I Switch to AirTalk Wireless?
Sure! You can switch your Lifeline/ACP provider at any time, just make sure not to receive benefits from more than one provider at a time.