What Should I Consider Before Starting the AirTalk Wireless SIM Card Activation?
When it comes to Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program providers, AirTalk is one of the most generous companies in the country. It offers free monthly services with high-speed data, unlimited talk, and unlimited text. Eligible customers can also receive a free phone and ACP subscribers can even apply for a discounted tablet. Obviously, all customers will also receive a free AirTalk Wireless SIM card, which will enable them to use AirTalk’s services.
Once the customers receive the SIM card and the phone (or place the card into their own compatible device), they will be required to activate the SIM card in order to start using the free unlimited plan. Now before you do so, you may want to take certain things into consideration:
- As AirTalk’s services, SIM cards, and devices are only available for Lifeline and ACP-eligible customers, you must first make sure that you qualify for the government assistance programs. You can either come from a low-income household or participate in a qualifying government assistance program, such as Medicaid, SNAP, some Tribal programs, etc. You must also be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of one of the states where your select provider offers its services.
- Secondly, you have to make sure that AirTalk is a good choice for you. There are lots of Lifeline and ACP providers available in all states and territories, and each of them has a different offer. It is your job to find a provider that offers a plan that best fits your needs. Perhaps the most important thing is to check the company’s coverage in your area. You can do so at https://airtalkwireless.com/check-coverage.
- Also, make sure to check all the additional terms and conditions and if you agree with them, proceed with the process described below.
What Must I Have and Do Before Starting the AirTalk Wireless SIM Card Activation?
Before you can activate your AirTalk Wireless SIM card, you must do the following:
- Apply for AirTalk’s Lifeline and ACP assistance program. You can do so at airtalkwireless.com/apply. Simply enter your ZIP code, press ‘Apply now’, and follow the on-screen prompts to choose one of the plans available in your area and to complete the application form.
- Receive an AirTalk Wireless SIM card. If your application gets approved, the company will send you a SIM card via mail in a few days. If you have also ordered a phone (and if you are eligible to receive one), they will also send you a phone. Otherwise, you can prepare an AirTalk-compatible device and put the SIM card in the device’s SIM slot.
- Once you have your AirTalk account, SIM card, and (compatible) phone, you can begin your AirTalk Wireless SIM card activation process.
AirTalk Wireless SIM Card Activation Process
AirTalk Wireless not only offers generous Lifeline and ACP benefits, but it also has the most user-friendly services. The company’s SIM card activation process is one of the simplest activation processes we have ever encountered. All you have to do is to follow these simple instructions:
- Charge your AirTalk phone or the compatible device that you will bring to AirTalk. Turn it off.
- Locate and open the phone’s SIM card tray or slot.
- Depending on the size of the SIM slot, pop out the AirTalk SIM card in the right size that will fit the slot. You can find the SIM card in three sizes in your SIM card kit.
- Carefully insert the SIM card into the SIM slot and close the slot.
- Turn the phone back on.
- Then, visit airtalkwireless.com/active-my-sim-card.
- Enter your MDN (Mobile Directory Number) – your 10-digit phone number into the first box.
- Key in your SIM card number (locate it on the SIM card or in the SIM card kit) in the second box.
- Press ‘Submit’.
- Your AirTalk Wireless SIM card will be activated in no time.
How Will I Know If My AirTalk SIM Card Was Successfully Activated?
Once your AirTalk SIM card gets successfully activated, you will receive a text message welcoming you to AirTalk’s network.
However, you can also check whether or not your SIM card and account have been activated by trying to make a phone call or use your monthly data. If the call goes through and you are able to use the data to access the internet, your SIM card has surely been activated.
What If I Followed the AirTalk Wireless SIM Card Activation Process and it Didn’t Work?
If you have followed the steps described in the AirTalk Wireless SIM card activation process and it didn’t work, you should check and try the following:
- Restart your phone. Sometimes the device must be restarted in order for it to activate any changes.
- Make sure that the SIM card fits the tray perfectly and that there is no dirt or dust that would block the contact.
- If you brought your own phone, double-check that the device is compatible with AirTalk’s services. If it is not, you won’t be able to use your AirTalk services with that device.
- Turn on the phone’s data and turn off airplane mode.
- If nothing seems to work, contact the company’s customer support team. You can do so at airtalkwireless.com/contact, via email at [email protected], or by phone at +1 (855) 924-7825.
What Benefits Will I Get After Activating My AirTalk Wireless SIM Card?
As mentioned before, the benefits that you will get after applying for AirTalk’s services and activating the SIM card are enormous. They include:
- A free unlimited plan with:
- Free high-speed data
- Free talk
- Free text
- Free access to a nationwide network
- Free additional features, such as caller ID, call waiting, voicemail, etc.
- A free phone. Lifeline and ACP-eligible customers can choose the device they wish to receive themselves and they can choose from a large variety of flip phones, Android smartphones, and iPhones.
- ACP subscribers can also purchase a high-quality tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab, iPad, Alcatel Joy Tab, Lenovo Tab, etc.) with a huge ACP discount. The tablet prices start at $10.01.
- The ability to bring your own phone.
Is It Possible to Use My AirTalk SIM Card in Another Carrier’s Phone?
As we have established before, AirTalk also offers a Bring Your Own Phone program, which enables customers to bring their own devices to AirTalk. So, if you already have a device that fits your needs and you decline to receive a new device (or are not eligible to get one), you can simply use your old phone.
However, you cannot bring just any device. The phone you bring must be carrier-unlocked and compatible with AirTalk’s services and network. You can check your phone’s compatibility in advance at airtalkwireless.com/byop. Simply enter your phone’s 14 to 16-digit IMEI number in the provided box and press ‘Check Compatibility’. There you will also see instructions on how to find your phone’s IMEI number.