What Services Does AirTalk Wireless Offer When You Join?
AirTalk Wireless is a wireless service provider, as well as Cintex and NewPhone Wireless’s affiliate company. The company is a Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) government assistance provider that offers eligible customers free monthly cell phone service and free smartphones. AirTalk’s free monthly services include free talk minutes, free text messages, and free high-speed data. At AirTalk, qualifying customers can also purchase upgrade phones, hotspots, tablets, and top-up plans.
What is the Process of Getting an AirTalk Wireless Free Government Phone?
Qualifying customers can receive an AirTalk Wireless free government phone through the Lifeline and/or ACP government assistance programs. However, to get a free device from this company, you must meet certain requirements and follow some vital steps:
- Step 1: Make sure that you qualify for the Lifeline and/or ACP government assistance program. To qualify you must meet certain eligibility criteria, which are listed in the next section.
- Step 2: Make sure that you are able to prove your eligibility criteria. You can do so by providing the company with certain official, unexpired documents that verify your eligibility and certain other personal information. The needed documents are listed below.
- Step 3: Apply for an AirTalk Wireless free government phone and services. You can see all the possible application processes below.
- Step 4: Receive your AirTalk Wireless free government phone and enjoy other AirTalk Lifeline/ACP benefits. You can see the list of offered free phones and other benefits in the following sections.
How to Qualify for an AirTalk Wireless Free Government Phone?
As mentioned before, you can only receive an AirTalk Wireless free government phone through the company’s Lifeline and/or ACP program. Lifeline and ACP are both government assistance programs. The first provides discounts on monthly cell phone and wireless services to eligible low-income households and the second one provides discounts on monthly internet services. Lifeline providers also tend to provide qualifying customers with free entry-level to mid-range Android phones and certain ACP providers offer a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. As many wireless providers (including AirTalk) offer both benefits, they receive more funds from the government and are therefore at liberty to offer better and more recent smartphones.
In order to get this high-quality device, you must meet the universal FCC-determined eligibility criteria. To receive an AirTalk Wireless free government phone, your household must meet one of the following criteria:
- Your annual income household must be at or below 135% (for Lifeline) or 200% (for ACP) of the federal poverty guidelines.
- You or another member of your household must participate in one of the following qualifying government assistance programs (federal or tribal):
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps (makes you both Lifeline and ACP-eligible)
- Medicaid (Lifeline and ACP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) (Lifeline and ACP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) (Lifeline and ACP)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit (Lifeline and ACP)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (Lifeline and ACP)
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard) (Lifeline and ACP)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF) (Lifeline and ACP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (Lifeline and ACP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) (ACP)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools (ACP)
- A household is also ACP-eligible if it received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- In addition, participating in the Lifeline program automatically makes you ACP eligible.
If you meet the Lifeline eligibility criteria, you can also automatically enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program, which is the best option, as participating in both assistance programs enables you to apply for AirTalk’s Lifeline + ACP plan, which offers the most benefits.
In addition, to apply to any of the two government assistance programs offered by AirTalk, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and you must be a resident of one of the states where AirTalk offers its services – Oklahoma, Michigan, Mississippi, California, Ohio, New York, Wisconsin, Kentucky, South Carolina, or Pennsylvania.
What Documents are Required When I Apply for an AirTalk Wireless Government Free Phone?
To start your AirTalk Wireless Lifeline/ACP application process, you will have to collect and during the process provide certain official, unexpired documents that verify your provided information and prove your eligibility. Preparing one item from each section below will ensure a smooth enrollment process:
Proof of Identification
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License or Passport (unexpired)
- Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. Citizenship
- Permanent Resident or Resident Alien Card (unexpired)
- U.S. Passport/Foreign Passport
- U.S. government, military, state, or Tribal issued-ID, which includes the date of birth and/or Social Security Number and/or Tribal ID
- Or another official document that contains your full legal name and date of birth
Proof of Address
- Government, State, or Tribal Issued ID (unexpired)
- Driver’s License
- Current Income Statement, Paycheck Stub, or W2
- Statement of Benefits from a Qualifying Program Which Contains Name And Address
- Current Mortgage or Lease Statement
- Utility Bill
- Or another official document that contains your full legal name and physical address
Proof of Low Income
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree, child support award, or a similar official document showing your income
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- Or another official document that contains your full legal name and annual income
Proof of Government Benefit Participation
- Current or prior year’s statement of benefits from a qualifying state, federal or Tribal program
- Notice letter of participation in a qualifying state, federal, or Tribal Program
- Program participation documents
- Another official document evidencing the consumer’s participation in a qualifying state, federal, or Tribal Program
- Or another official document that contains your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, an issue date within the last 12 months, or a future expiration date
Emancipated minors must also provide an official document that proves their emancipation, such as a court document or certificate of emancipation.
In addition, all addresses and proof documents must contain the address matching your application and be recently dated. You will provide the documentation during the application process.
How to Apply for an AirTalk Wireless Government Free Phone
You can apply for the AirTalk Lifeline/ACP service directly from the provider. You can do so online or by mail.
This is for sure the simplest and quickest way to apply and receive an AirTalk Wireless free government phone.
- After making sure that you qualify for the program and that you can prove it, you can visit airtalkwireless.com/apply and enter your ZIP code.
- If AirTalk’s services are available in your area, you will be redirected to your state’s program page. There, you will be able to choose one of the available plans, a smartphone, and other benefits that are available in your state of residence. Select the plan that best fits your needs and press ‘Apply Now’.
- You will be redirected to the provider’s online application form. Fill it out by providing all the required personal information and proof documentation. Once you have completed the form, submit the application.
- If your application is accepted, you will be notified via email. Otherwise, you can check your application status at hairtalkwireless.com/check-status or by calling the company’s customer service at +1 (855) 924-7825.
Apply Via Mail
If you prefer, you can print out the application form, fill it out, add copies of the proof documentation and send the package to 9920 Brooklet Drive, Houston, Texas, 77099.
Alternatively, you can first apply for the Lifeline/ACP program at the corresponding support center and then apply your benefits to AirTalk.
Which Phones Can You Get for Free From AirTalk Wireless?
Unlike many other government assistance providers, AirTalk offers a much larger variety of smartphones, more recent devices from the most reputable brands (including Apple and Samsung), and it actually enables the customer to choose which device they wish to receive, which makes AirTalk one of the best free government phone providers in the U.S.
Currently, the company offers the following flip phones, Android phones, and Apple iPhones:
- Apple iPhone 8
- Samsung A10E
- OnePlus N100 Nord
- OnePlus 6
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- LG V50 ThinQ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A20s
- Motorola G Stylus
- LG V40 ThinQ
- Motorola Moto G7 Play
- Motorola Moto G7 Power
- LG Tribute Empire
- And many more
See the full list of AirTalk Wireless free government phones at airtalkwireless.com/free-phone.
What are the AirTalk Wireless Lifeline and ACP Benefits That You Can Get With a Free Phone
In addition to an AirTalk Wireless free government phone (it can be a flip phone, an Android smartphone, or an Apple iPhone, depending on the customer’s preferences), Lifeline/ACP-eligible customers can also receive many other benefits at AirTalk Wireless, including:
- Free monthly cell phone service with:
- Free talk
- Free text
- Free high-speed data
- Additional features, such as caller ID, call waiting, 3-way calling, and voicemail
- An ACP discounted tablet. Customers can choose one of the following devices:
- Apple iPad Air
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- Apple iPad Mini 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- And many more
What are the AirTalk Wireless Lifeline and ACP Plans
The company’s Lifeline and ACP plans depend on the state. However, most states offer three plans – Lifeline Plan, ACP Plan, and Lifeline & ACP Combo Plan, which is the most valuable.
In the state of New York, for example, these three plans offer the following benefits:
Lifeline & ACP Combo Plan
- A free smartphone (a flip, Touch Screen android, or iPhone of your choice).
- A free service plan with unlimited talk, unlimited text and picture messaging, 15 GB of high-speed 4G/5G data, and unlimited data at lower speeds.
- Free features, such as caller ID, call waiting, 3-way calling, and voicemail, plus, free nationwide shipping.
- No free smartphone, however, you can bring your own device and receive a free SIM card.
- A free service plan with 1000 minutes of talk, unlimited SMS, and 4.5 GB of monthly data.
- Free features, such as caller ID, call waiting, 3-way calling, and voicemail, plus, free shipping.
- A free basic smartphone.
- A free service plan with unlimited talk, unlimited SMS, and 8 GB of monthly data.
- Free features, such as caller ID, call waiting, 3-way calling, and voicemail, plus, free shipping.
How Do I Activate My AirTalk Wireless Free Phone?
To activate your AirTalk Wireless free government phone or SIM card, you must follow these simple steps:
- Go to airtalkwireless.com/active-my-sim-card.
- Enter your MDN and your SIM card (both are available in the SIM card kit you have received).
- Press ‘Submit’.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and your phone/SIM card should be activated in no time.
What are the Restrictions for an AirTalk Wireless Government Free Phone
To participate in AirTalk’s Lifeline/ACP program and receive an AirTalk Wireless free government phone, you must respect and follow certain rules and restrictions, including:
- The Lifeline/ACP benefit is non-transferable to another person or household
- Only eligible consumers may enroll in the Lifeline/ACP program
- Lifeline/ACP is limited to one discount per household
- A household can only receive Lifeline/ACP benefits from one provider at a time
- To continue receiving the benefits, a household must use the benefit at least once a month
- To continue receiving the benefits, a household must reapply once a year
What if the AirTalk Wireless Free Government Phone Doesn’t Work? Is There Any Warranty?
All AirTalk cell phones purchased directly from AirTalk Wireless come with a 15-day warranty from the wireless provider. If you experience a handset malfunction during these 15 days, make sure to call AirTalk Wireless customer service at +1 (855) 924-7825 or email [email protected] as soon as possible. If the malfunction was not caused by your misuse, the company will exchange a defective Mobile Device for a replacement phone, at its own discretion. After the expiration of the 15-day warranty, in case of malfunctions, you may be able to receive a replacement device from the provider, as some phones come with a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
AirTalk Wireless Phone Related FAQs
What is the Quality of AirTalk Wireless Service?
AirTalk Wireless offers very reliable services with many benefits for Lifeline/ACP-eligible customers.
In Which States Does AirTalk Wireless Offer Free Services?
AirTalk offers free services in the states of Oklahoma, Michigan, Mississippi, California, Ohio, New York, Wisconsin, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
Why Does AirTalk Wireless Offer Free Cell Phone Services?
Because it participates in two government assistance programs, which provides the company ith sufficient funds to do so.
Can I Upgrade My AirTalk Free Phone?
Yes, in addition to the many different free phones, the company also offers a variety of upgrade phones. See the selection at airtalkwireless.com/upgrade-phone.
What Carrier Does AirTalk Wireless Use?
AirTalk uses AT&T’s nationwide 4G and 5G networks.
Can I Switch to AirTalk Wireless?
If you are eligible and a resident of one of the states where the company offers discounts, you can switch at any time.
How Long Will It Take to Receive Approval From AirTalk Wireless?
Generally, it only takes a few minutes, however, some applications take 3-4 days to be verified.