Assurance Wireless is one of the most popular Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program providers in the country. Its telephone service is subsidized by the government and supported by the federal Universal Service Fund. Eligible customers can receive a free Android smartphone and free monthly service with free unlimited minutes, texts, data, and free 10GN of monthly hotspot data.
How Do I Properly Apply for Assurance Wireless Lifeline and ACP Benefits?
To enjoy the company’s great benefits, you must first apply. Below you can see how to apply for Assurance’s benefits properly, so that your application doesn’t get rejected and that you won’t have to resubmit any faulty or incomplete documentation.
Step 1: Make Sure You Qualify
Assurance’s generous benefits are not available to everyone. Only qualifying customers can enjoy them.
A household is considered eligible if:
- The applicant is at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
- The applicant is a resident of one of the states where Assurance offers its benefits – Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
- The household only has one applicant (both Lifeline and ACP are limited to 1 benefit per eligible household).
- The household meets the Lifeline and/or ACP eligibility criteria. The household must either have a low income (at or below 135% of the federal poverty guideline for Lifeline and at or below 200% for ACP) or a member that participates in another qualifying government assistance program, such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, WIC, certain Tribal programs, etc.
Step 2: Prove Your Eligibility Properly
During the application process, you must prove your eligibility. To do so, you must provide a clear copy of a valid official document that proves your low income, program participation, identity, age, address, or other personal information. If you apply digitally, the copy must be digital as well. It must be made with a scanner, copy machine, or any kind of camera (including a phone camera) and completely clear. You can prove your income with a copy of a valid official document that includes your full legal name and income. You can prove your program participation with a copy of a valid official document that includes your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and an issues date within the last year.
Step 3: Apply for Assurance’s Benefits
Lastly, you must apply for Assurance’s benefit program:
- Visit assurancewireless.com/.
- Enter your ZIP code above and press enter.
- If the company offers its service in your area, you will be redirected to your state’s offer. Review it and press ‘Apply Now’.
- You will be redirected to the company’s online application form.
- Make sure to fill out the form by providing every single required piece of information and documentation. When filling out the information, make sure not to make any mistakes, as mistakes like these can cause the application to get rejected. You will be required to provide personal information, eligibility proof, and disclosures, and complete the National Verifier application.
In case you have already applied with the National Verifier, make sure that all the information in your Assurance application form matches the one provided in the National Verifier form.
How Long Does Assurance Wireless Approval Take?
How long it may take for Assurance to review and then (hopefully) approve your application, depends on several factors.
If your application was complete, if the information was accurate, and if the documentation is clear and valid, you may receive immediate approval (within a few hours or even minutes).
However, if any of the provided information or documents are incomplete, blurry, or faulty, the company will have to verify it and it may take several days for them to come to a conclusion.
How to Check Assurance Lifeline and ACP Application Status?
Checking your Lifeline and ACP service application is simple. All you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
- Go to assurancewireless.com/my-account/check-status.
- Enter your ZIP code in the provided box and press ‘Submit’.
- You will then be redirected to another page, where you will have to provide your last name, date of birth, the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number, and Tribal ID, and press ‘Submit’.
- The system will then show you your Assurance Wireless application status.
Your Assurance Wireless application status may be:
- Your application was mailed
- Your approval letter has been sent
- Your phone has shipped
Alternatively, your application status may also be rejected.
Note that you don’t have to check your Assurance Wireless application status at all, as the company will automatically let you know when they review the application and change your application status.
Potential Reasons Why Your Assurance Wireless Application Status Was Rejected
There are several different reasons why your Assurance Wireless application was rejected. Some of them can be fixed and others are not that easy to repair.
Reasons That Can be Fixed
- Your application is incomplete. It may be missing some information or vital eligibility proof.
- The provided information may be incorrect.
- The provided proof documentation may be incorrect or invalid.
- The provided proof documentation may be blurry.
- The provided information or documentation may be different than the one you provided during the National Verifier application process.
Reasons That Are Harder to Fix
You are not eligible for the program. You may not meet the age, residency, Lifeline/ACP eligibility criteria listed in the section ‘Make Sure You Qualify’ above, or another member of your household may have already applied.
What Can I Do if My Assurance Wireless Application Status Indicates Rejected?
If the reason why your application can be fixed can be easily resolved, you should try to do so. You can reload your eligibility documentation and thus enable the company and the National Verifier to review the documents again. Before you submit the papers, make sure to provide all the required information and documentation, the provided information is correct, the documents are valid and clear, and the information/documentation matches the one that you may have previously provided during the National Verifier application.
Of course, you can also move to a state where the company offers its services, wait to be 18 years old or become an emancipated minor, or try to apply for another qualifying program, however, those are very drastic measures.
What Kinds of Lifeline and ACP Services Are Available At Assurance Wireless?
Assurance Wireless offers different Lifeline and ACP plans, depending on the state, availability, and the customer’s eligibility. However, eligible clients can receive a free flip phones, free Android smartphone, free unlimited data, free unlimited minutes, free unlimited texts, and up to 10GB of free monthly mobile hotspot data.
Is There Any Benefit in Checking Assurance Wireless Application Status?
As mentioned before, there is no real need to check your Assurance Wireless application status, as any major changes in your application status will be communicated to you via email immediately. However, checking the status does show you the in-between stages and other details, which may enable you to be in control of the application and act quickly if needed.
How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Assurance Wireless?
Assurance Wireless has responsive customer service, which enables you to discuss your application and other issues with a representative.
How to Contact Assurance Wireless Customer Service?
You can contact the company by phone at 1-888-321-5880, via social media, or via mail at Assurance Wireless, P.O. Box 5040, Charleston, IL 61920-9907.