Lifeline is a federal program that reduces the monthly price of phone and internet services and thus makes communications services more affordable for low-income citizens.
Assurance Wireless is a federal Lifeline Assistance provider. As a Lifeline provider, Assurance Wireless offers eligible low-income customers free monthly minutes, free monthly data, and unlimited text messages. In addition, Assurance Wireless provides qualifying customers with free smartphones.
Some Lifeline providers also offer Lifeline-eligible customers free tablets, however, Assurance Wireless is currently not one of those providers. Nonetheless, they do offer a long list of other benefits.
Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free Tablets?
People often ask if Assurance Wireless offers free tablets. The answer is, unfortunately, no. Currently Assurance Wireless doesn’t offer any free government-provided tablets. Even though tablets are not provided by Assurance Wireless, the provider does offer many other services and products to their Lifeline-eligible customers, including:
- Free unlimited monthly text messages.
- A certain amount of free monthly minutes. The exact amount of minutes depends on the state. In most states, you can receive up to 1000 free monthly minutes. In California, the basic Lifeline-only free plan also comes with unlimited minutes.
- A certain amount of free monthly data. The exact amount of data depends on the state. In most states, you can receive somewhere between 4.5 and 6 GB of free data a month.
- Up to 10 GB of hotspot data.
- A free new, pre-owned, or refurbished Android smartphone.
There are some other Lifeline providers, such as Q Link Wireless that do offer free tablets. As such, if you are only interested in receiving a free tablet, you should check out Q Link’s free tablet offer. On the other hand, if you prefer to receive a smartphone instead of a free tablet, you can enroll in Assurance’s Lifeline program. In this case, continue reading and you will find out all you need to know about qualifying.
For Government free tablet, Read one of our past articles How To Get Free Tablet From Government 2021
In Which Areas Currently Assurance Offers Free Tablets?
Currently, Assurance Wireless does not offer free tablets. However, they do offer free services and plans with free minutes, text messages, and data, as well as free smartphones. Assurance Wireless’ Lifeline Assistance program is currently available in over 40 U.S. states:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and West Virginia.
The provider’s Lifeline services vary between states and are only available to Lifeline-eligible customers.
How to Get Assurance Wireless Free Tablet?
Currently, there is no way to get a free tablet from Assurance Wireless as the provider simply doesn’t offer any. However, to get a government free phone or service, you must be Lifeline-eligible. In addition, only one individual per household who qualifies based on federal or state-specific eligibility criteria may enroll in the program.
How to Qualify for The Assurance Wireless Official Lifeline Program
There are three ways to qualify for the Assurance Wireless Lifeline program:
- Based on your income
You can qualify based on your household income, that is if your household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty level.
- Based on unemployment
You can qualify if you are currently unemployed.
- Based on membership in an assistance program
You can also qualify if you or a member of your household participates in one of the following assistance programs:
- Medicaid or Medi-Cal
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP) or CalFresh
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Lifeline Assistance is only available for one person per household and it is non-transferrable.
What Documents Do I Need to Sign Up
During the application process, you will be required to provide some documents to prove your Lifeline eligibility. Exactly which documents you may need depends on your eligibility criteria.
If you qualify based on your income, you may be required to provide:
- An official document that proves that your annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines (for example, last year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits, etc.)
- An official document showing substantial loss of income
If you qualify based on your unemployment, you may be required to provide:
- An official document that proves that you are unemployed (for example, Unemployment Benefit Letter)
If you qualify based on your participation in an assistance program, you may be required to provide:
- An official document that proves your participation in a qualifying assistance program (for example, approval letter, benefit verification letter, benefit award letter, etc.)
You may also be required to provide:
- Identity verification document (for example, a state ID, U.S. driver’s license, SSN, passport, etc.)
- Address documentation and duplicate address
- An official document showing that you are either 18 years old or an emancipated minor
How to Apply for Assurance Wireless Lifeline Services and Products
While you currently cannot apply for Assurance Wireless free tablet, you can apply for a smartphone and other free services.
To do so, simply follow the easy steps below:
- Step 1: Visit assurancewireless.com/lifeline-services/how-qualify#.
- Step 2: Review the page and make sure the program is available in your state.
- Step 3: Check the state-specific criteria in the section ‘What State Do You Live In?’.
- Step 4: In the ‘See If You Qualify Today’ section press ‘Apply Now’.
- Step 5: A pop-up screen will appear and you will be required to enter your ZIP code.
- Step 6: Once you enter the ZIP code, you will be redirected to your state’s Assurance Wireless Lifeline program. There, you will be able to see your state’s Lifeline offer (the number of free minutes and data you will receive), as well as other state-specific details.
- Step 7: Select the ‘Apply Now’ option and you will be redirected to the official form.
- Step 8: Provide all the required information, follow the prompts, and finish applying for the program.
Once you apply, Assurance Wireless will review your application and let you know whether or not you qualify promptly. In case you qualify, you will receive all the free Assurance Wireless services and products shortly.
In case you also need information Latest Assurance Wireless Compatible Phones
What Are The Benefits if I Qualify for The Assurance Lifeline Program?
If you qualify for the Assurance Wireless Lifeline program, you will get many benefits, including:
- Unlimited monthly text messages (in all states).
- A certain amount of monthly minutes (the amount varies by state). In most states, you will receive up to 1000 fee monthly minutes and in California, the basic Lifeline-only plan comes with unlimited minutes.
- A certain amount of monthly data (the amount varies by state). In most states, you will receive anywhere between 4.5 and 6 GB of free monthly data.
- Plan add-ons – the ability to add more minutes and data at affordable rates. You can either add some additional minutes, or data, or a bundle that includes both. Learn more about their plans and add-ons at assurancewireless.com/help-center/data-and-services.
- A free new, pre-owned, or refurbished Android smartphone.
- The ability to upgrade your phone to a more advanced smartphone at a discounted price.
- A voicemail account, call waiting, and caller ID.
- Access to T-Mobile’s nationwide 4G LTE and the largest 5G network. Check if their service is available in your area at What Network Does Assurance Wireless Use or coverage.assurancewireless.com/t-mobile.html.
- An overall great service with no annual contracts and no activation fees.
- Reliable customer service, which is available by phone at 1-888-321-5880. If you have any questions call them or check their FAQ page at assurancewireless.com/help-center/faqs.
Are There Any Restrictions for Assurance Wireless Lifeline Program?
Assurance Wireless Lifeline program comes with a set of requirements and restrictions, including:
- You can only receive free Assurance Wireless services and a free smartphone if you are Lifeline-eligible (see requirements above).
- You can only receive one Lifeline benefit per household and it is non-transferrable.
- The exact model of the free smartphone you will receive depends on the state and availability. However, you can expect to receive a new, pre-owned, or refurbished mid-range Android smartphone.
- Local phone numbers may not be available in certain markets.
- Additional fees may apply for equipment change requests.
- Devices can be returned within 7 days.
You can read one of our past articles Assurance Wireless Phone With Activation
Does Assurance Charge Any Cost for Free Tablets?
Assurance Wireless currently doesn’t offer free tablets and as such, they don’t charge for it.
How Long Does It Take to Receive an Assurance Free Tablet?
Assurance Wireless currently doesn’t offer free tablets, however, they do offer free smartphones. Exactly how long it may take to receive the free device depends on the state, availability, and where you live.
Does Assurance Give Free Phones?
Yes, Assurance Wireless offers free Android smartphones to Lifeline-eligible customers. Read more above.
Can I Use Any SIM Card on Assurance Free Tablets?
Assurance Wireless currently doesn’t offer free tablets. However, if they did, it would depend on whether or not the tablet is unlocked. Unlocked devices can be used with any SIM card. If you wanted to use Assurance’s service with it, you would have to use an Assurance Wireless SIM card.
Does Assurance Tablet Have a Hotspot?
Assurance Wireless currently doesn’t offer free tablets. If they did, it would depend on the model they would offer (some models have a hotspot, while others don’t).
Can I Replace an Assurance Free Tablet?
No, as Assurance Wireless currently doesn’t offer free tablets. You can replace free phone checks more How To Replace Assurance Wireless Phone
Which Brand Tablets Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free?
Currently, the provider doesn’t offer any free tablets at all.
Can I Get Free Tablets for Low-Income Families From Charities and Non-profit Organizations?
Yes, charities, non-profit organizations, and even some other Lifeline providers (such as Q Link Wireless) may offer free tablets for low-income families.