Assurance Wireless is a wireless and telephone service provider that participates in two government assistance programs – Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Through those programs, the company offers discounts that are funded by the federal Universal Service Fund. Eligible low-income customers can receive a free smartphone and free monthly phone and wireless services with free unlimited data, text, and minutes, as well as 10GB of free mobile hotspot data. However, can qualifying subscribers also get an Assurance Wireless free tablet? We are about to find out!
Free Government Tablet from Assurance wireless
As you can see above, Assurance Wireless offers a lot of attractive benefits to eligible low-income subscribers. To get these benefits, you must qualify for the assistance program and apply. We will discuss the entire application process in detail in the following sections.
However, do the company’s perks include receiving an Assurance Wireless free tablet?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Even though the company participates in ACP (which is the program that sometimes provides discounts on internet-connected devices in addition to discounts on monthly broadband services), Assurance Wireless does currently not offer free tablets. However, the word ‘currently’ must be emphasized, as Lifeline and ACP companies tend to change and update their assistance offers and the list of extended benefits on a regular basis.
Still, there are other ways to get a free government tablet. We’ll explore them in the following sections.
If Assurance Wireless Doesn’t Give Free Government Tablet Then How to Get a Free Tablet?
As Assurance Wireless currently doesn’t offer free tablets for eligible customers, you will have to find another way to receive a free tablet. Nevertheless, you can still get all the other benefits from Assurance Wireless if you qualify.
Nowadays, getting a free tablet is a relatively simple task. Here are your options:
- You can get a free tablet through a promotional deal. Both carriers and retailers often offer promotional offers on tablets and other mobile devices. However, these deals come with certain conditions. You may be asked to switch to the carrier’s services, purchase a select plan, add a line, buy another device at full price, trade in an old device, etc.
- You can get a free tablet online. The internet offers a large number of options on how to get a free tablet. You can enter an online giveaway, participate in Amazon Vine or other surveys, become a reviewer, become a marketing agent, purchase an affordable used or refurbished tablet from an online marketplace, etc.
- You can try your luck at a local school, library, or church. Low-income people in need who can prove that they are unable to afford such an indispensable device can sometimes get a used one from one of these institutions.
- You can find a charity organization or non-profit company that offers free tablets for people in need. Such companies include Adaptive.Org, Computers With Causes, Computers for Learning, Cty.Org, EveryoneOn, FreeCycle, Human I-T, Komputers 4 Kids, Microsoft Registered Refurbished, On It Foundation, PCs for People, SmartRiverside, With Causes, World Computer Exchange, etc. To get a tablet or another mobile device, you will have to prove your low income.
- Lastly, you can get a free tablet from another government assistance provider. There are several Affordable Connectivity Program providers that offer not only free monthly services (like Assurance Wireless) but also discounts on tablets. ACP companies are located in all U.S. states and territories, therefore, you are likely to find a company that offers free tablets in your area. See how to get a free government tablet from another provider.
How to Find Free Government Tablet Providers in Your State
The first thing you must do if you wish to receive a free tablet from another ACP provider (since Assurance Wireless free tablets are currently unavailable), is to find one that offers its services in your state of residence.
So, how exactly can you find a government tablet provider in your area?
It’s pretty simple. All you need to do is to visit https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/companies-near-me/, press ‘Search Providers’, and follow the on-screen instructions. When the system generates a list of all the ACP companies in your area, be sure to note which ones also offer discounts on internet-connected devices, as these devices may be tablets.
Top Providers That Offer Free Government Tablet in 2023
Currently, these are the ACP companies that offer free government tablets:
- AirTalk Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Excess Telecom
- Go Technology Management
- Maxsip Telecom
- Moolah Wireless
- My Tablet ACP
- NewPhone Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
What Do You Do After Getting a Free Government Tablet Provider?
Now that you may have found an ACP company that offers free tablets in your area, you must do the following to actually receive the device:
- Check your ACP eligibility and if you qualify for the company’s program. See the eligibility criteria in the next section.
- Prove your ACP eligibility with appropriate documents. We will guide you through the documentation process below.
- Apply for the ACP program and the free tablet. During the application process, you will be required to provide all the necessary information and send the documentation. See the process below.
- Finally, receive the tablet and enjoy it!
Before we get started with the process of receiving a free government tablet from an ACP provider, we must clarify something. ‘Free’ government tablets are not completely free of charge. The price depends on each provider, however, according to government rules, a customer must pay a mandatory co-pay of anywhere between $10 and $50 to receive an ACP discount of up to $100 on the tablet. Many companies, therefore, offer tablets at just $10.01, which is still such a low price that we can almost claim that the tablet comes free of charge.
How to Prove You’re Eligible for a Free Government Tablet
ACP or Affordable Connectivity Program is a government assistance program that was recently established by the FCC. As such, it comes with certain requirements. To participate in the ACP program and receive a free government tablet through it, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
- Be a resident of one of the states where a selected company operates.
- Be the only applicant in your household (you can also ask for a second benefit, however, those are only granted under very strict conditions).
- Meet the FCC-determined ACP eligibility criteria. You must only meet one of the following:
- Income-based eligibility: Your annual household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Program participation-based eligibility: You or another member of your household participate in an ACP-qualifying government assistance program, such as Lifeline, SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, WIC, FPHA, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, certain Tribal assistance programs, or if your household received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
If you can determine that you in fact qualify for the ACP program based on the criteria above, congratulations! You are one important step closer to receiving a free government tablet. But before you can claim it, you will have to prove your eligibility with appropriate documentation.
Documents Required When Apply for Free Government Tablet
Obviously, writing a statement that you qualify for the ACP and sending it to the FCC won’t cut it. Instead, you will have to provide legal proof. During the application process, you will be asked to provide copies of valid official documents that contain all the vital information. You will have to prove your eligibility and verify certain personal details.
To prove your income-based ACP eligibility, you must provide a copy of:
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree or Child support award
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- Another official document showing your income
To prove your program participation-based ACP eligibility, you must provide a copy of:
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
- Another official document showing your participation in an assistance program
To prove that you are at least 18 years old (age) or an emancipated minor, you must provide a copy of:
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- A court document verifying your emancipation or a certificate of emancipation
- Another official document showing your age or emancipation
To prove that you are a resident of one of the states where the selected provider operates (your address), you must provide a copy of:
- Driver’s license or other valid government, state, or Tribal ID
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Another official document showing your address
You won’t have to prove that you are the only applicant in your household, as the FCC will be able to see that from its database.
You may, however, also be asked to verify your identity (a valid ID will do), present your SSN, etc.
Once you have gathered the proof, make sure that the documents are official and still valid. Then, you can proceed to make clear copies (digital or physical, depending on your application manner) using a camera, smartphone, scanner, or copy machine. You will be asked to submit these copies during the application process.
Application Process for Getting Free Tablets if I am Already Eligible for ACP Program or Lifeline Program
If you are eligible for the ACP or Lifeline program, you will be able to apply and potentially receive a tablet. If, however, you already participate in the program, the process of receiving a free device will be quite simple, as you may not be required to repeat the whole application process all over again.
If you participate in Lifeline, you automatically qualify for the ACP program as well. If so, simply contact your selected ACP provider and ask the representative how you can apply for the free device. You may be required to apply through the company, especially if you are receiving your Lifeline benefits from another provider, however, the process will be shorter.
If you already participate in ACP and perhaps you wish to switch to another ACP provider that in addition to offering free monthly services also offers free tablets, you can do so at any time. Just make sure that you are not getting the benefits from more than one provider at a time as that would be a serious violation of the ACP terms. Simply contact the new provider, tell them that you wish to switch to their services, and tell the agent if you wish to keep your phone and number. Then, you will receive information on how to proceed.
Application Process for Getting Free Tablets if I am Not Yet Eligible for ACP Program or Lifeline Program
Many ACP providers will first require you to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program through the FCC’s National Verifier. Getting a green light from the National Verifier is often a precondition for applying through the provider. As such, we will first take a look at how to apply for ACP through the National Verifier.
You can apply online. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Visit https://nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply.
- Login or create a new account.
- Follow the prompts to fill out the application form.
- Provide all the required information and documentation.
- If you need additional instructions, visit https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools/#instructions.
- Once you submit the application, you may receive immediate approval.
You can apply via mail. To do so, follow these steps:
- Print out an application. You can find a form at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- It is highly recommended by the USAC to include a Household Worksheet. You can find it at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
- Complete the application and the Worksheet.
- Add the proof documentation.
- Send the papers to ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
How to Fill Free Tablets Application Form?
Once your National Verifier application has been approved, you can proceed to apply through the provider. Make sure that the provider operates in your area. To enroll, follow these quick and easy steps:
- Visit the provider’s official website.
- Find the company’s online application form.
- Select the plan you wish to receive (not all plans will give you a free tablet, as such, make sure to select the one that does).
- Follow other on-screen prompts to be redirected to the application form.
- Fill out the form by providing all the required information and proof documentation. You may also be required to provide your ID number from your National Verifier application, as such, make sure to store it safely.
- Submit the application and wait for the company to notify you about whether or not it has been approved.
How Do You Track Your Free Tablet Application Status?
First of all, you don’t have to track your application status, after submitting the form, as the company will surely notify you via email or another provided contact method as soon as it reaches any major decision.
However, if you are just too curious to wait, you can log into your account on the provider’s website, find an online status checker (if they have one), or contact the company’s customer support service.
How Long Does It Take to Get Your Free Tablet?
How long it may take to receive the tablet depends on several factors. For one, it depends on how long it takes for the National Verifier and later the provider itself to review and approve your application. To make the process faster, make sure to provide all the required data. It also depends on the tablet availability and where you live. You should receive the device in a week or two.
What Other Benefits You Will Get if You Qualify for the Government Free Tablet Program?
If you qualify for ACP, you won’t only get a free tablet but much more, including:
- Free monthly broadband services with a certain amount of free monthly data
- If you also qualify for Lifeline, you may also get free monthly text messages and call minutes
- Lifeline and ACP subscribers may also receive a free government phone
- Chances are that you will also receive additional perks, such as free hotspot data, voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, nationwide coverage, etc.
Are There Any Restrictions on the Use of the Free Tablets?
Like all assistance programs, ACP comes with certain rules and restrictions, including:
- Only one ACP benefit is available per eligible household.
- You can only receive one ACP tablet.
- The benefit is non-transferable.
- Some providers will give you the tablet for good, while others may want it back if you switch to another provider.
- To keep the benefit, you must use it once every 30 days and you must reapply once a year.
- You must follow the ACP and the company’s terms and conditions.
What Are the Reasons for the Rejection of the Free Tablet Application?
If your application got rejected, these are some of the most common reasons:
- The information provided on the two application forms (National Verifier and the company’s) doesn’t match.
- The provided information is incorrect or incomplete.
- The provided information is blurry, invalid, incorrect, or incomplete.
- You genuinely don’t qualify for the program.
What to Do if the Application is Rejected?
Luckily, the first three of the above-mentioned reasons for rejection have a simple fix: You can ask the company to reapply or reload the documents. If you do that, make sure that this time you only provide correct, clear, valid information and documentation and that nothing gets left out.
Assurance Wireless Tablet Related Question and Answer
Why Doesn’t Assurance Wireless Offer Free Tablets While Other Providers Do?
Well, every ACP provider has a different situation and story. Assurance Wireless either doesn’t have enough funds to cover discounts on tablets or it is simply not that generous. However, the company offers free smartphones and other amazing benefits instead.
What is the Income Limit for Assurance Wireless?
The income limit to participate in any provider’s ACP program is 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The guideline depends on the state and the size of the household. You can see more at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/do-i-qualify/.
Is Assurance Wireless Giving Free Data With Free Phone?
Yes. Eligible customers will get free unlimited mobile data and 10 GB of free mobile hotspot data.
Can I Get a Free Tablet With EBT?
Yes. Participating in EBT (which is the official payment system for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP) is one of the possible requirements for ACP participation. People who participate in SNAP/EBT can also apply for ACP.
Can I Get a Free Tablet Medicaid?
Yes. Participating in Medicaid is another possible requirement for ACP participation. If you get Medicaid assistance and you can prove it, you will surely be able to apply for ACP as well.