If you are an Assurance Wireless customer and have lost or damaged your phone, don’t worry. Assurance Wireless provides a replacement phone for eligible customers. However, you will need to activate the new device before you can start using it. The activation process may seem daunting, but it’s a simple and straightforward process that can be completed quickly. In this article, we will guide you through the steps you need to take to get and activate your Assurance Wireless replacement phone. So, let’s get started.
Why Would I Need an Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone
Assurance Wireless is a popular Lifeline and ACP provider that offers great benefits to eligible customers, including free monthly plans with unlimited talk, text, and data with 25GB of high-speed data, and 2.5GB of mobile hotspot data, as well as a free high-quality smartphone. Qualifying low-income customers can receive a reliable phone from a top brand, such as Motorola Moto G Pure, Moxee m2160, T-Mobile REVVL 4 Plus, or Schok Volt SV55, completely free of charge.
Now, you may wonder, why would you ever need a replacement phone if you get one of those amazing devices? Well, things happen! In fact, there are several common reasons why you would need a replacement phone, such as:
- If your original free Assurance Wireless phone gets lost.
- If your original free Assurance Wireless phone gets stolen.
- If your original free Assurance Wireless phone starts malfunctioning.
- Or if your original free Assurance Wireless phone broke completely.
How to Get an Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone
Regardless of why you may need to receive an Assurance Wireless replacement phone, getting a replacement phone is quite simple. However, depending on what happened to the original device, you may be able to get a replacement phone free of charge, with a discount, or at full price.
- The first thing you must do if your phone is lost, stolen, damaged, or broken is to contact Assurance Wireless’s customer support service at 1-888-321-5880. You must do so as soon as possible, as this way the representative will suspend your account, ensuring that no one else can use your remaining account balance. Moreover, if you don’t report the loss or damage within 30 days, you may lose your free service, as one of the conditions to continue receiving Lifeline and ACP discounts is to use the service at least once every 30 days.
- Explain to the representative exactly what happened. The representative may ask you some follow-up questions about the missing/damaged device, the incident, your account, or your personal information.
- If your device was lost, the agent will assist you in buying a replacement phone. If the original phone was stolen, the company may waive the replacement phone cost upon receipt of a police report. If your phone got damaged or broken due to misuse or after it is no longer covered by warranty, you will have to buy a new phone at full price. On the other hand, if the phone started malfunctioning without any type of misuse within the first year while it is still covered by the one-year warranty from the original manufacturer, the agent will arrange for you to receive a similar replacement phone free of charge. The replacement device may not be exactly the same, as it depends on availability, however, it will surely have comparable features.
The representative will help you acquire a replacement device when you can the customer support service and you will be able to get one regardless of why you need it. However, in certain cases, you may be able to get it for free, with a discount, or at full price. You will likely receive the device via mail in a few days.
Do I Need to Activate My Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone
Considering that you already have an active Assurance Wireless account, you may or may not be required to activate your Assurance Wireless replacement phone when you receive it via mail. It also depends on whether or not you still have your original SIM card or if you also needed a replacement card.
In certain cases, you can simply insert your SIM card into your new phone’s SIM slot, turn the phone on, and start enjoying your services. However, in other cases, even if you have an active account and an active SIM card, you may need to activate the replacement phone as well.
Luckily, the activation process is very simple, as such, you will be done in no time. See the Assurance Wireless replacement phone activation process in the following section.
What is the Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone Activation Process
To activate your Assurance Wireless replacement device, follow these simple steps:
- Turn off your new phone and charge it fully.
- Insert your old or new Assurance Wireless SIM card into your phone’s SIM card slot. To do so, locate the slot, pop out the SIM card in the size that will fit the slot, and carefully insert the card into the slot, making sure that the metal contact faces the right direction.
- Turn the device on by holding the power button.
- Once your phone is turned on, you will receive a welcoming message inviting you to activate the device. Accept the invitation by clicking the ‘Activate’ button.
- You will then be asked to enter your 10-digit account PIN found in your approval letter and press Submit.
- The system will then automatically activate your replacement phone. This process may take a couple of minutes.
- After the phone has been activated, you will receive a success notification, which will contain your phone number. If the phone number has changed or if you don’t know it, it’s a good idea to write it down.
- After you dismiss the message, you should be able to use your services normally.
In case your phone doesn’t require an activation process, it simply won’t ask you to activate it in the first place. Instead, you can simply start using it as soon as you turn it on.
Alternatively, you can follow the activation instructions included in your SIM card kit or the instructions available in your online Assurance Wireless account at myaccount.assurancewireless.com/my-account/login.
How Long Does the Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone Activation Process Last
The Assurance Wireless replacement phone activation process should only last a couple of minutes. You simply must take all the steps listed above and the phone should be ready to use almost immediately. If that’s not the case, make sure to contact the company’s customer support service as soon as possible.
How to Know if the Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone Activation Process is Finished
After your Assurance Wireless replacement phone activation process has been successfully finished, you should receive an on-screen message welcoming you to the service. If you don’t or if you have missed it, you can still check if the phone has been activated by trying to place a phone call, send a text message, or use your monthly data.
What to Do if I Have Any Additional Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone Activation-Related Questions
In case you have any additional questions about the Assurance Wireless replacement phone activation, make sure to contact the company’s customer support service. You can do so by phone at 1-888-321-5880.