Many people are deciding to subscribe to Assurance Wireless, which is not surprising at all, given the fact Assurance is a generous nationwide Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provider supported by the federal Universal Service Fund. Eligible low-income people can receive a free government cell phone and wireless service with free unlimited monthly talk minutes, text, messages, and data, 10GB of free hotspot data, and an Android smartphone, completely free of charge.
Qualifying subscribers can either receive a free device (along with a SIM card) or just a free SIM card kit, which can then be used in another Assurance-compatible device that the customer brings to the service. In this article, we will take a look at what to do if you need an Assurance Wireless SIM card replacement and how to get it.
Why Would I Need an Assurance Wireless SIM Card Replacement?
If you are already an Assurance Wireless subscriber and you are enjoying the services and the device, which are connected through Assurance’s SIM card that works flawlessly, you may be wondering why you would need an Assurance Wireless SIM card replacement in the first place. Well, there are several potential reasons:
- Your Assurance Wireless SIM card does not fit your phone.
- Your SIM card got damaged (spills, scratches, and other physical trauma can all damage the card) or broken.
- The SIM card is malfunctioning or not working without any apparent reason.
- The SIM card got lost (with or without the phone).
- The SIM card got stolen (with or without the phone).
What to Do if My Assurance Wireless SIM Card is Broken, Damaged, or Not Working?
So now the question rises – what to do if your Assurance Wireless SIM card got damaged, broken, or started malfunctioning? As the SIM card is a smart card that carries the owner’s personal and account information, links the phone to the provider’s services, and enables the device to connect to the carrier’s network, you must act quickly, otherwise, you won’t be able to use your free monthly services.
The first thing you should do is to turn off the phone, eject the SIM card, and check it for any visible signs of damage. Also make sure that there is no dust or dirt on the SIM card or in the SIM slot, as these could also interfere with the connection. Wipe the SIM card with a soft cloth and carefully reinsert the SIM card into the phone’s SIM card slot, making sure that it fits perfectly. Turn the phone back on. This simple process of restarting the device and readjusting the SIM card may fix any unexplained glitches.
If that doesn’t work, you can contact the company’s customer support service and if they are unable to help, order an Assurance Wireless SIM card replacement.
What to Do if My Assurance Wireless SIM Card is Lost or Stolen?
If your Assurance Wireless SIM card is missing, contact the company’s customer support service as soon as possible, as if anyone stole the SIM card or if a dishonest person finds it, they may use it, which may cause additional expenses that you will have to cover yourself. Once you notify the company of the missing SIM card, the representative will temporarily deactivate your account, thus protecting it. Once the SIM card is deactivated, it becomes an empty and useless piece of plastic.
Also, make sure to search for the SIM card by retracing your steps. If the SIM card got lost and stolen along with the phone, you obviously have a bigger problem, however, it may also facilitate the search process. In this case, try calling the device or tracing it with a tracker app. If the device was insured, contact your insurance company and file a claim. In case the device was surely stolen, also make sure to contact local authorities.
How to Get an Assurance Wireless SIM Card Replacement?
Now, how can you get an Assurance Wireless SIM card replacement? Well, that’s the simplest part. All you have to do is:
- Contact Assurance Wireless’s customer support service at 1-888-321-5880.
- Ask to speak to a representative.
- Explain what seems to be the problem and the agent will try to help you fix it. If the problem can’t be fixed, they will send you a replacement SIM card. You can expect to receive the replacement card via mail in a matter of days.
You can also order an Assurance Wireless SIM card replacement through your online account at myaccount.assurancewireless.com/my-account/login.
Where Can I Buy an Assurance Wireless SIM Card?
The only place where you can get an Assurance Wireless SIM card is directly from Assurance Wireless. Assurance is a Lifeline and ACP provider and only offers its services (and SIM cards) to its own eligible subscribers. As such, there are no retailers that would sell Assurance Wireless SIM cards or services. To order an Assurance Wireless SIM card replacement, you will have to go through the company itself.
How to Install a New Replacement SIM Card?
Once you receive your Assurance Wireless SIM card replacement, you will have to install it. To do so, simply follow the procedure below:
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is fully charged.
- Locate the phone’s SIM card slot and open it.
- Slowly remove the old SIM card using a paperclip or your fingernail.
- Prepare your new SIM card kit and pop out the new SIM card in the right size – the one that will fit perfectly into your phone’s SIM card slot.
- Carefully slide the new SIM card into the phone’s SIM slot with the metallic side down. Make sure it fits perfectly.
- Close the phone’s SIM card slot.
- Turn the device on and if needed, proceed to activate it.
How to Activate My Assurance Wireless Replacement SIM Card?
If you have already used your old Assurance Wireless SIM card with the same phone, you will probably not be required to activate your service again. Instead, you can simply complete the installation process described above and when you turn on your phone, you can check whether or not the service is activated by trying to place a call, send a text message, or use data. If you are unsuccessful, you will have to activate your service. To do so, follow these steps:
- Dial 611 and follow the recorded instructions.
- When prompted, enter your Assurance account PIN. You can find the PIN at the top of your Assurance Wireless approval letter.
- Once the process is complete, you will receive a message welcoming you to Assurance’s service.
- If you have any issues, make sure to contact the company’s customer support service.
Is My Assurance Wireless SIM Card Compatible With Any Other Provider’s Device?
Even though Assurance Wireless does not officially offer a Bring Your Own Phone program, customers have reported using their Assurance Wireless SIM card with another provider’s phone. However, the device only has a chance of working with Assurance’s SIM card and services if it is carrier-unlocked, not reported lost or stolen, and compatible with Assurance’s T-Mobile network. The company doesn’t offer a system where you could check your phone’s compatibility, however, you can check it by contacting the company’s customer service or simply trying your luck on your own. T-Mobile and T-Mobile’s MVNOs’ phones are the most likely to work with Assurance’s services.
What to Do if I Forgot My Assurance Wireless SIM Card PIN?
In case you forgot your SIM card’s PIN number, you can find it on your account papers. There, you can also find the PUK number, which you will need if you typed in the wrong PIN number one too many times.
However, it’s best to contact Assurance Wireless’s customer service immediately, as they will be able to help you unlock your device.