Why Choose AT&T Wireless
AT&T is a wireless telephone carrier from the United States. It is one of the four largest carriers in the country. It has its own cellular towers, nationwide coverage, and millions of subscribers. They provide a huge selection of mobile devices from the most reputable brands, ranging from basic flip phones to the latest and most advanced smartphones, a large variety of plans, Lifeline discounts on wireless, home phone, and internet services for eligible customers, a reliable network, a responsive customer service, and many additional appealing features and options.
Since AT&T attracts a huge number of old and new customers, it must be offering a long list of great benefits. Before we dive into AT&T Wireless free government phones and Lifeline benefits, let’s take a look at why to choose AT&T services in the first place.
One of the main reasons so many Americans choose AT&T every year is its reliable network and super-strong coverage and data speeds. In fact, AT&T has the second-best cell phone coverage in the U.S. While their 4G LTE network connects over 99% of all Americans, their 5G network reaches over 14000 cities and towns throughout the country. The provider’s network comes with its latest security technology built-in. Both 4G LTE and 5G networks are included in their Unlimited plans at no extra cost. You can check out AT&T’s coverage in your area at att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html.
AT&T has decided to make security their top priority. AT&T Active Armor is a 24/7 proactive network security that helps block spam calls before they even get to the user. You can read more about the company’s security features at att.com/security.
The company offers a host of great deals for both their new and existing customers, while many other wireless providers seem to only offer special discounts and benefits for new customers. As such, the company now provides 5G smartphones for only $5 a month for both new and existing customers and offers an even bigger discount when trading in your old phone. You can find and purchase some of their best-selling high-quality mobile devices at att.com/buy/phones.
As AT&T offers a large number of flexible unlimited plans, each customer can surely find a plan that will best fit their needs. Their family plans tend to be quite affordable, starting at $35 a month per line (for 4 lines with 5G speeds). Find out more about AT&T’s unlimited plans at att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.
How Does the AT&T Lifeline Program Work?
AT&T strongly believes that being connected is one of our modern-day basic needs. As the company is certain that everybody should have access to phone and internet services, it offers a Lifeline discount to its low-income customers.
AT&T Lifeline’s main goal is to make phone and internet services affordable for people with limited income. Their Lifeline-eligible low-income customers can reduce their bills by getting a Lifeline discount on their home phone, wireless phone, or internet service.
Lifeline is a federal program that offers free or discounted phone and internet services for eligible customers. At AT&T Lifeline-eligible customers will receive at least a $5.25 discount on their phone bill (both wireless and home phone) or a $9.25 discount on their internet bill. Eligible customers who live in federally recognized tribal lands may receive an additional discount of up to $25.
Eligible customers may receive one Lifeline discount (either phone or internet, but not both) per household and each household may receive a Lifeline discount from only one provider.
The carrier also provides low-cost home internet service to qualifying households that either participate in an assistance program, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits in California.
Which States Have the AT&T Lifeline Program?
AT&T offers Lifeline discounts on wireless services, home phone services, and internet services.
Lifeline discounts on wireless services are available in certain areas of the following states. To check whether or not a Lifeline discount on wireless services is available at your specific location, call AT&T’s customer service.
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
In Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands Lifeline discounts on wireless services are provided by Liberty Mobile.
Lifeline discounts on home phone and internet services are available in certain areas of the states listed below. To check whether or not a Lifeline discount on home phone and internet services is available at your specific location, call AT&T’s customer service.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
How Do I Qualify for AT&T Lifeline Program?
You can qualify for a Lifeline discount based on two factors.
- Your income. You may qualify for a Lifeline discount in case your income is 135% or less than the federal poverty guidelines.
- Participation by a member of your household in one of the federal assistance programs listed below:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Tribal Programs (and live on federally recognized tribal lands)
In addition to one of the two conditions listed above, you must also reside in an area, where AT&T’s Lifeline program is available (the states where Lifeline discounts for wireless services, home phone services, and internet services are available are listed in the previous chapter).
In case you or any of your household members are already receiving a Lifeline discount from AT&T or any other Lifeline provider, you won’t be able to receive another Lifeline discount.
Customers qualifying for a Lifeline discount on internet services must be current AT&T internet customers and must have a plan that meets the Lifeline program’s requirements and minimum service standards.
Eligible customers will be required to recertify each year to keep the Lifeline discount. AT&T will send a reminder to do so, and you will have to recertify within 60 of receiving the notification, otherwise, you will lose your discount.
In case you also need information for free government phone visit Government Free Phone Complete Guideline
What Documents Are Necessary for the AT&T Wireless Lifeline Program
To apply for the AT&T Wireless Lifeline program you must submit a photocopy of the corresponding supporting documents. You must send the completed application form and the supporting documents by mail to the corresponding AT&T address in your area.
If you qualify for a Lifeline discount through your income, you must provide copies of your state ID card and your last state, federal, or Tribal tax return, pay stubs for 3 consecutive months, or other accepted documents.
If you qualify through a government assistance program, you must provide copies of your state ID card and an official document from the program you are qualifying through. It may be (your SNAP card, Medicaid card, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit letter, Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) award letter, or other accepted documents.
How to Apply for an AT&T Wireless Government Free Phones
AT&T offers a Lifeline discount on wireless, home phone, and internet services. However, At&t does not offer free government cell phones. As such, there is no way to apply for an AT&T wireless free government phone.
Instead, you can either bring your own phone or purchase an affordable entry-level phone at AT&T. As AT&T often offers many special deals and discounted mobile devices that you can pay for in low monthly installments for both new and existing customers, you shouldn’t have a problem finding a device that you can afford. Sometimes the company even offers cell phones completely free of charge with eligible plans. You can check out their special deals on their official website.
In case you aren’t able to find any free or affordable cell phone that fits your budget, you should consider choosing another Lifeline provider, as many other providers offer both plans with a certain amount of minutes, texts, and data and mobile device to their Lifeline-eligible customers completely free of charge.
If you are interested in receiving a Lifeline discount on wireless, home phone, or internet services instead, there are different application procedures, depending on the exact service you wish to apply for and the location.
AT&T’s Lifeline discount on wireless services:
- In Oregon, you can apply for the Lifeline wireless discount by calling the Oregon Telephone Assistance Program at 800.848.4442 or by applying online at puc.state.or.us/Pages/rspf/otap.aspx.
- In South Dakota (Pine Ridge), you can apply if you live on the Pine Ridge Reservation and are a member of the Pine Ridge Oglala Sioux tribe. You can submit your application by visiting the Rushmore Crossing AT&T store (located at 1325 Eglin Street, Suite 200, Rapid City, SD 57701).
- In Texas, you can start the application process by calling 866.454.8387 or by submitting an online application at texaslifeline.org. Mail your application and the right documents that prove your eligibility to the address provided on the application form.
- In Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands, Liberty Mobile (not AT&T) provides Lifeline service. To apply or learn more, call their customer service at 787.405.5463 (available Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm AT).
- In territories outside of Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, you can apply online via the National Verifier at nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline. You can also download the application, print it, and send it by mail. As soon as you have successfully applied and been approved by the National Verifier, call 800.377.9450 (available on weekdays, from 8 am to 8 pm, Eastern Time) to check if AT&T offers Lifeline discounts at your location.
AT&T’s Lifeline discount on home phone and internet services:
- In California, you can apply by calling 800.288.2020 (available on weekdays, from 6 am to 6 pm, Pacific Time).
- In Texas, you can apply online at texaslifeline.org/ or by calling 866.454.8387.
- In territories outside of California and Texas, you can apply online via the National Verifier at nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline. You can also download the application, print it, and send it by mail. As soon as you have successfully applied and been approved by the National Verifier, call 855.301.0355 (available on weekdays, from 8 am to 8 pm, Eastern Time) to check if AT&T offers Lifeline discounts at your location.
What Benefits Do I Get if Qualify AT&T Wireless Lifeline Program
While being AT&T Lifeline program-eligible may not bring you a free government phone, there are other benefits that you get if you qualify for the carrier’s Lifeline program.
- If you qualify for an AT&T Lifeline discount on wireless services, you will receive at least a $5.25 discount on your monthly wireless phone bill.
- If you qualify for an AT&T Lifeline discount on home phone services, you will receive at least a $5.25 discount on your monthly home phone bill.
- If you qualify for an AT&T Lifeline discount on internet services, you will receive a $9.25 discount on your monthly internet bill.
- If you qualify for an AT&T Lifeline discount on any of the services mentioned above and live on federally recognized tribal lands, you may receive an additional discount of up to $25 a month.
In addition, you will get to choose from many flexible plans and high-quality mobile devices, benefit from the carrier’s great security features, have reliable nationwide coverage, and take advantage of their frequent special deals that may get you additional monthly discounts or even a discounted or free cell phone.
What Type of Free Phones does AT&T Wireless Offer?
As we have established earlier, AT&T wireless doesn’t offer Lifeline-provided free government phones. The carrier does, however, offer Lifeline discounts on wireless, home phone, and internet services. In addition, it provides affordable entry-level mobile devices and often offers lots of special deals and discounted cell phones that you can pay for in low monthly installments. Sometimes the company even offers cell phones completely free of charge with eligible plans.
Currently, AT&T offers iPhone 12 with a discount of up to $700 (with eligible trade-in). You can pay for the device in 36 monthly installments in the amount of $2.78. They also offer Samsung Galaxy A12 for $1 a month, Samsung Galaxy A32 5G for $5 a month, and Samsung Galaxy A52 5G for $10 a month (all the devices must be paid off in 36 monthly installments).
You can check out AT&T’s current cell phone deals on their official website at att.com/deals/cell-phone-deals.
How Do I Activate My AT&T Wireless Free Phone?
You can activate any AT&T phone by simply following the process described below.
First, check if your phone or SIM card is already activated. Once you get both your AT&T original or compatible phone and SIM card, carefully insert the SIM card and turn on the device. Try placing a test call, sending a message, or browsing the web without using the Wi-Fi. If you can do it, it means your phone and SIM card are already activated and you can skip the entire activation process.
In case you are unable to place a call, send a message, or browse the web without Wi-Fi, you can activate your phone or SIM card online. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Open your browser and visit att.com/att/getstartedbiz/en/index.html.
- Select ‘Activate your device’ for your AT&T wireless device.
- Provide the required information and press ‘Continue’.
- Follow the online instructions to complete the activation process.
In the unlikely event that you are unable to activate your phone or SIM card online, you can either contact AT&T’s customer service (see their contact options at att.com/support/smallbusiness/contact-us) or visit one of their stores (find your nearest AT&T store at att.com/stores).
What to Do if Your AT&T Wireless Phone Gets Damaged, Stolen, Broken, or Lost
In case your AT&T Wireless phone gets lost or stolen, first, try to find it using GPS or a pre-installed location app. If you are unable to find it, make sure to contact AT&T’s customer service as soon as possible so they can temporarily suspend your service. This way, you will make sure that no one else uses your services. If you have AT&T’s Asurion insurance features, you can file a claim at phoneclaim.com/att and request them to send you a replacement device.
In case your AT&T device is damaged, malfunctioning, or broken, visit att.com/support/insurance-warranty and choose a topic. You can select ‘Fix or replace a device’ and then choose what is wrong with the device. You can either choose the device is lost or stolen, affected by physical or liquid damage, not working properly, or ‘other’. In case you choose ‘Not working properly’, the system will first recommend you to fix it. By pressing ‘Troubleshoot Issue’, they will guide you through the process. In case you don’t need to troubleshoot or if troubleshooting didn’t help, you can choose ‘Exchange under warranty’, ‘Repair or replace with insurance’, ‘Upgrade device’, or ‘Bring my own device’. Press the option that best fits your needs and follow the provided instructions. In case you have any other questions, make sure to contact AT&T’s customer service.
In case you also need information 10 Best AT&T Refurbished Phones
What Are AT&T Lifeline Program Restrictions?
Lifeline program comes with a number of benefits and also some restrictions, including:
- As we have mentioned before, only one Lifeline discount is available per household, regardless of whether the provider is the same or not.
- Lifeline discount cannot be transferred to another person or family member.
- In case you no longer qualify for Lifeline or you are otherwise removed from the program, the carrier will automatically change your plan to the most favorable one available. You can also choose another plan at att.com/myatt.
- The following features may not be available with a Lifeline discount for wireless services: data services, text messages, other enhanced services or features, international long distance, access to 900 numbers.
- Other restrictions may apply, depending on the location. For details, check the state-specific brochure on AT&T’s website.
Alternative Ways to Get AT&T Free Phone if I Don’t Qualify AT&T Lifeline Program?
As we have already established, AT&T doesn’t offer free government cell phones. However, there are still some other ways to get a free phone and use it with AT&T services.
The first thing you can check is if AT&T currently has any special deals that offer new or existing customers any free or low-cost phones that you may pay in affordable monthly installments. You can check for the carrier’s special deals and discounts at att.com/deals/cell-phone-deals.
Consider bringing your own old phone to AT&T. To do so, your phone must be unlocked and compatible with AT&T’s services. You can check your device’s compatibility at m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/byop/checkIMEI.html.
In case AT&T doesn’t offer any free or very affordable phones and if you don’t have an old phone, you can also consider going to another Lifeline provider, applying for a free device, and then, you may be able to bring the device you have received to AT&T. To do so, your phone must be unlocked and compatible with AT&T’s services. You can check your device’s compatibility at m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/byop/checkIMEI.html.
Are AT&T Wireless Free Government Phones Really Free?
AT&T does not offer free government Lifeline phones. However, they do offer highly discounted and sometimes even free mobile devices as a special deal with eligible plans for both new and existing customers. Check their current special offers at att.com/deals/cell-phone-deals.
How Good Is AT&T Wireless Free Government Phones?
While AT&T offers no Lifeline free phones, the free or highly discounted phones the carrier offers as a special deal, tend to be entry-level to mid-range smartphones or basic phones. Sometimes, the company even offers discounted Apple and Samsung devices. Check out their current offer at att.com/deals/cell-phone-deals.
How Long Does It Take to Receive an AT&T Wireless Free Phone?
If you purchase an AT&T phone at a store, you will probably get it right away (depending on availability). How long it will take for you to receive an AT&T phone if you purchase it online, on the other hand, depends on which shipping method you choose. You can either choose the AT&T Right To You delivery option with an expert set up as soon as the same day. This option is free for eligible customers (check eligibility at att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1179601). You can choose Express shipping, which takes 2 to 3 business days. This option is free for select items, for other items it requires an additional fee. Lastly, you can choose Standard shipping, which takes 3 to 5 business days and involves no additional costs.
Does AT&T Provide Government Discount for Home Phone Service?
Yes, AT&T provides a Lifeline discount on home phone services for Lifeline-eligible customers. You can read more at att.com/home-phone/lifeline.
Does AT&T Offers Internet for Seniors and Low-income Families?
Yes, AT&T provides a Lifeline discount on internet services for low-income Lifeline-eligible customers. You can read more at att.com/lifeline.
Does AT&T Wireless Give Free iPhones?
Lifeline doesn’t offer Lifeline free government phones and they don’t normally give away any free iPhones. However, they do often offer special deals and discounts for new and existing customers, in which they may offer iPhones at highly discounted prices.
Can I Have Two AT&T Wireless Free Government Phones?
As AT&T rarely offers any mobile devices completely free of charge, receiving not one but two free phones from AT&T is highly unlikely.
Can I Upgrade My AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone?
If your current plan and contract allow it you can always upgrade your AT&T phone. Check your upgrade eligibility and purchase an upgrade phone at att.com/plans/phone-upgrade.
Can I Use Any SIM Card on AT&T Wireless Free Government Phones?
The SIM card you can use with a device depends on the plan you have. But don’t worry. When you purchase a mobile device directly from AT&T, the carrier will also provide you with the eligible SIM card.
Does AT&T Wireless Use GSM or CDMA?
AT&T network uses GSM technology.
Are All iPhone Models Compatible With AT&T Wireless?
Most iPhone models should work well with AT&T’s services. However, to make sure, check your device’s compatibility at m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/byop/checkIMEI.html by selecting a device type and entering your 15-digit IMEI number.