In the digital age, access to technology and the internet is crucial for work, education, and social connectivity. To bridge the digital divide, the government has launched a government assistance program that provides free tablets and monthly services to eligible individuals. One of the tablet models that may expect to receive is the reliable BLU M8L tablet free from the government. This article explores the program’s eligibility criteria, the application process, and more. Join us on this journey to discover how the BLU M8L tablet free government program is revolutionizing the digital landscape and shaping a brighter future.
BLU M8L Tablet Free Government Specifications
BLU devices may not be as famous as Samsung or Apple smartphones and tablets. However, BLU is an increasingly popular American company that has sold over 60 million devices since its foundation day in 2009. It is one of the fastest-growing reputable brands in the mobile industry that offers reliable devices with sleek designs and amazing quality at affordable prices.
The BLU M8L tablet is one of the company’s most popular tablet models to date. It was launched in 2020 and it offers a sleek design with a weight of 352g and a thickness of 9mm. It runs on Android 11 operating system, providing a smooth user experience. The device comes with 32GB of storage, expandable via microSDXC card, ensuring ample space for your files and apps. The tablet features an 8.0-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 800×1280 pixels, delivering clear visuals. It is equipped with an 8MP rear camera with LED flash, capable of recording 1080p videos. The front-facing 5MP camera allows for decent selfies and 720p video recording. The tablet supports dual SIM cards and offers connectivity options such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, and FM radio. It is powered by a 4000mAh Li-Po battery, ensuring long-lasting usage. The BLU M8L tablet comes in a stylish black color and is generally available at an affordable price of around 60 EUR.
How Can I Get a BLU M8L Table Free From the Government – the Program and the Process
As you can see above, BLU M8L is a high-quality tablet that is surprisingly affordable based on the features it offers. Nevertheless, some households struggle to afford even the most low-cost devices. Such families can apply for the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) that offers discounts on monthly internet services (of up to $30 for eligible non-Tribal households and up to $75 for eligible Tribal households) and a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a connected device (generally, it’s a tablet, however, it can also be a laptop or desktop computer). While the monthly internet services can be completely free of charge (depending on whether the discount covers the plan price), tablets cannot be completely free of charge even if the discount should cover the entire price, as the government requires each customer to pay a mandatory fee of between $10 and $50 for the device.
ACP is funded by the government, managed by the FCC, and provided by many individual wireless companies in all states and territories that have decided to participate in the program and offer such amazing benefits.
The process of getting a BLU M8L tablet free from the government involves several steps:
- You must qualify for the nationwide ACP program.
- You must be able to prove your eligibility.
- You must find a suitable provider that offers suitable tablets in your area.
- You must apply for the program and benefits.
Now, let’s further dissect these steps in the following chapters.
Do I Qualify for the BLU M8L Tablet Free Government Program in 2023
To receive a BLU M8L tablet from the government, you must qualify for ACP. To be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), households must meet certain criteria.
- They can qualify if their household income is equal to or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Alternatively, if a member of the household participates in specific government assistance programs like SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, WIC, Lifeline, or receives Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), they can also qualify.
- Additionally, participation in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program, the School Breakfast Program, or receiving a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year can make a household eligible.
- If a household is located on qualifying Tribal lands, they may qualify through participation in Tribal assistance programs such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Head Start, Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), or the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
Moreover, the applicant must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of one of the states where the selected provider operates. It’s important to note that the ACP provides one monthly service discount and one device discount per eligible household.
How to Prove My Eligibility for the BLU M8L Tablet Free Government Program?
When the FCC cannot find a consumer’s eligibility, identity, or address in their database for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), the consumer will need to provide proof.
USAC (Universal Service Administrative Co.) will contact consumers to inform them about the specific additional information required, which will be related to their eligibility, identity (ID, passport, birth certificate), or address (ID, driver’s license, utility bill). Consumers should visit the ACP consumer website if they are trying to resolve an error.
To provide copies of the necessary documents, consumers can make copies or take clear pictures using a scanner, copy machine, camera, or smartphone. Dark or blurry copies should be avoided, and original documents should not be submitted.
There are different ways to submit the copies:
- Upload the copies through the National Verifier online portal after logging in.
- Provide copies to their participating broadband provider’s store location or online application.
- Mail the copies to the ACP Support Center at the following address: ACP Support Center PO Box 9100 Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
When mailing documents, consumers should always include a cover letter with their application ID and name to ensure proper matching of the documents with their application.
To verify their total yearly income, consumers need to submit a document that clearly displays their income details. Examples of acceptable documents include:
- The previous year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- An up-to-date income statement or paycheck stub from their employer
- A Social Security statement outlining benefits
- A statement of benefits from unemployment or Workers’ Compensation
- Official documents like a divorce decree or child support award that contain income information
If the provided income documentation does not cover a full year, such as current pay stubs, it must cover a consecutive three-month period within the past twelve months.
To prove their participation in one of the mentioned programs, consumers need to provide a document that includes the following minimum information:
- The consumer’s name or the name of their qualifying person for benefits
- The name of the qualifying program, like SNAP
- The entity or institution that issued the document, such as the government, Tribal entity, program administrator, school, school district, university, or college
- An issue date within the past 12 months or a future expiration date that aligns with the benefit period
- Acceptable documents include approval letters, benefit award/verification letters, and statements of benefits.
Exceptions to the above criteria include:
- For the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, documents must be from the current or immediately preceding school year.
- For USDA Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) schools, the documents must confirm the student’s enrollment in a CEP School and include relevant details about the student, school, and contact information.
- For Federal Pell Grants, documents should be from the current award year and can include screenshots, written confirmation from the school or Department of Education, official financial aid award letters, or paid invoices demonstrating the student’s receipt of a Pell Grant during the current award year.
How to Find a BLU M8L Tablet Free Government Program Provider?
As most ACP companies don’t reveal which tablet models they offer in advance since the offer depends on availability, plan, and state, we cannot provide you with a full list of BLU M8L table free government program providers.
Instead, we can help you find out which companies offer such devices at a particular time and in a particular area by yourself. To do so, follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/companies-near-me/.
- Press Search Providers and OK.
- When redirected to https://cnm.universalservice.org/, enter your ZIP code or city and state, select the ACP program, and press Search.
- Review the list of all the ACP providers in your area. Note which ones offer discounts on devices.
- Contact each company in your area or visit their websites for more information. Ask a representative whether it is possible to get a BLU M8L tablet for free at the moment in your area.
- You will then either find a company that provides such tablets or you will have to settle for a company that offers different (yet of remarkable qualify) brands and models.
The only company that has confirmed to currently offer free BLU M8L tablets through ACO is Free Tablet Now. Visit its website to see the offer at https://freetabletnow.com/.
In addition, you can try your luck with the following reputable ACP tablet providers:
- AirTalk Wireless (visit https://airtalkwireless.com/)
- Cintex Wireless (visit https://cintexwireless.com/)
- Easy Wireless (visit https://myeasywireless.com/)
- Excess Telecom (visit https://www.excesstelecom.com/)
- Go Technology Management (visit https://goknows.com/)
- Maxsip Telecom (visit https://maxsipconnects.com/)
- Moolah Wireless (visit https://moolahwireless.com/)
- My Tablet ACP (visit https://www.mytabletacp.com/)
- NewPhone Wireless (visit https://newphone.com/)
- Q Link Wireless (visit https://qlinkwireless.com/)
- StandUp Wireless (visit https://standupwireless.com/)
- Stimulus (visit https://stimulustabletjobs.com/)
- Torch Wireless (visit https://torchwireless.com/)
- TruConnect (visit https://www.truconnect.com/)
- Unity Wireless (https://apply.gounitywireless.com/ACP/)
- USA Phone (visit https://usaphone.org/)
If you are unable to find a BLU M8L tablet free government program provider in your area, don’t worry, as the listed ACP companies offer many other high-quality tablets from the most reputable brands.
Application Process for the BLU M8L Tablet Free Government Program in 2023
There are three convenient methods to submit your application for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Cyber Route – Embark on a digital journey and access the ACP application online at https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply. Log in or create an account to commence the process effortlessly. Complete the form by providing all required information and documentation. Step-by-step instructions for the online application are also available in multiple languages. By applying online, you may have the chance to receive instant approval.
- Traditional Mail – Embrace the nostalgic charm of snail mail. Print out an application form in your preferred language, whether it’s English or Spanish. For enhanced convenience, it is highly recommended to enclose a Household Worksheet with your application. Complete both the application and the Household Worksheet, then send them along with copies of your supporting documents to the designated address: ACP Support Center PO Box 9100 Wilkes-Barre PA 18773.
- Direct Connection – Establish direct communication with your internet service provider. Reach out to them to inquire whether they participate in the ACP. Alternatively, utilize this online tool to discover a participating company in your vicinity. These enlisted companies are equipped to assist you in navigating their specific application process. Most of them offer a comprehensive online application form, where you can enter your information and documentation, choose a plan, and perhaps even select a device. Submit the application at the end.
What to Expect After Applying for the BLU M8L Tablet Free Government Program?
Once you have submitted your application, you must wait for the company to reach a decision. When it does, a representative will contact you. Your application will either be approved or rejected.
If rejected, contact the company about its reasons for rejection. If you genuinely don’t qualify then you can try to find a free tablet elsewhere (from a charity, carrier/retailer promotion, or online). If, however, your application information/documentation was incorrect, invalid, or incomplete, you can ask the agent to give you instructions on how to reapply to correct any mistakes.
If your application gets approved, you can expect to receive a free SIM card loaded with your free monthly internet plan and a free tablet (BLU or another high-quality tablet brand/model) via mail in a few days. Moreover, if the company also offers Lifeline benefits, and if you qualify for those as well, you may also receive a free phone plan and a free cell phone.
BLU M8L Tablet Free Government Program-Related FAQ
Are BLU M8L Free Government Tablets Completely Free of Charge?
No, according to government rules, you will be required to pay a mandatory co-pay. However, you are most likely to receive the device for only $10.01.
Which Companies Offer BLU M8L Free Government Tablets?
The ACP companies’ tablet offers change daily as they depend on availability, plan, and area. Therefore, it’s difficult to determine which companies offer this exact tablet model, when, and where. One of the companies that have confirmed to offer free BLU M8L tablets is Free Tablet Now at https://freetabletnow.com/.
How Long Will It Take to Receive a BLU M8L Free Government Tablet?
It depends on the provider. However, most companies will try to process your application and send out your device (if eligible) within a few days to a couple of weeks. When you will receive the device also depends on where you live.
If I Can’t Receive a BLU M8L Free Government Tablet, Which Other Tablet Models Are Available?
Don’t worry if you won’t be able to find a company that offers free government BLU M8L tablets in your area, as other available devices include Apple iPad Air, Apple iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab A, E, and S, Alcatel Joy Tab, KonnectONE Moxee Tab, Sky Pad 8, etc.
Does the BLU M8L Free Government Tablet Come With a Warranty?
It depends on the provider but most devices should come with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty that covers all malfunctions that were not caused by the user.
Can I Replace a BLU M8L Free Government Tablet?
It depends on the provider, as such make sure to contact your provider’s company support service.
Can I Upgrade a BLU M8L Free Government Tablet?
It depends on the provider, as such make sure to contact your provider’s company support service.
How to Activate a BLU M8L Free Government Tablet?
It depends on the provider but most providers will include activation instructions in the box containing your tablet. Generally, you must locate the tablet’s SIM slot, insert the SIM card, turn on the device, and follow the provided instructions to finish up the activation process. However, if you wish to use your SIM card with your compatible phone, you can activate the phone instead.