Can I Get a Boost Mobile Free Phone With EBT?
Are you an EBT user (SNAP subscriber) that is looking for a government assistance provider that offers free phones and other discounts? If so, Boost Mobile may seem like an attractive option. After all, Boost is an American telecommunications brand that offers flexible mobile phone and wireless plans, a large selection of phones, frequent special deals on mobile devices, access to T-Mobile or AT&T’s nationwide network, and much more. Moreover, Boost Mobile also participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program and offers benefits to subscribers of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which use the EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) electronic system that enables SNAP participants to pay for food with their government assistance benefits.
Nonetheless, currently, the company doesn’t offer free government phones, as such, there is no way to get Boost Mobile free phones with EBT.
What Other Discounts for EBT Users Does Boost Mobile Offer?
Even though the company’s customers cannot get Boost Mobile free phones with EBT, clients who participate in SNAP (a government assistance program that covers food expenses for people in need) will be happy to hear that there are some other discounts and benefits that they can receive from Boost Mobile.
Boost Mobile participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a government assistance program that was launched during the pandemic and offers discounts on monthly broadband services. Certain ACP providers also offer discounts on internet-connected devices (tablets, laptops, desktop computers, or smartphones), however, Boost Mobile is not one of them.
Boost Mobile offers a discount of up to $30 per eligible non-Tribal household (and up to $75 per eligible Tribal household) on mobile broadband services. This discount can be applied to any qualified Boost Mobile phone, tablet, or mobile hotspot plan.
The good news is that all EBT users (SNAP participants) automatically qualify for ACP and can receive the listed discounts.
How to Apply for Boost Mobile’s ACP Program?
If you are interested in enrolling in the Boost Mobile ACP program even though you can’t get any Boost Mobile free phones with EBT, you can do so by following the simple instructions below:
- First, you must ask yourself this one most important question – Am I eligible for ACP? Well, if you are a SNAP subscriber that uses EBT benefits, you automatically qualify for ACP, as participating in SNAP is one of the eligibility criteria. You can also apply if you participate in another government assistance program, such as Lifeline, Medicaid, SSI, FPHA, WIC, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, or a Tribal program; if your household has received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year; or if your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. It’s enough to meet just one of the listed requirements to apply.
In addition, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor, a resident of one of the states where Boost offers its services, and the only applicant in your household.
- Secondly, you must be willing and able to prove your eligibility. As a SNAP participant, you can simply find your SNAP approval letter, statement of benefits, benefit award letter, benefit verification letter, or another valid official document that includes your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the issuing institution, and an issue date within the last year. Once you find an acceptable document, make a clear copy of it using your smartphone, camera, scanner, or copy machine. You will be asked to provide this copy (physical or digital, depending on how you wish to apply) during the application process. Other acceptable proof documents include documents that prove your participation in another benefits program, documents that prove your low income, and documents that prove your Federal Pell Grant award. You may also be requested to provide copies of documents that verify your identity, address, age, or other personal information.
- Thirdly, you must apply for the ACP program. You will have to be verified by the National Verifier (a centralized system managed by the USAC that determines Lifeline and ACP program eligibility) and receive your ID number. You can do so at checklifeline.org/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true or directly through Boost Mobile at acp.boostmobile.com/Enrollment/Boost/en/Web/www/default/index.html#!/newHome. Then, find your nearest Boost Mobile store at boostmobile.com/stores.html?intnav=UtilNav:FindaStore and tell the representative that you wish to apply for the ACP program. If you have the National Verifier’s application ID number, you can complete the application online at acp.boostmobile.com/Enrollment/Boost/en/Web/www/default/index.html#!/newHome or by visiting a nearby Boost store.
Is There Any Other Way to Get a Boost Mobile Free Phone?
Boost Mobile free phones with EBT may currently not be available, however, there is another way to receive a discounted phone from Boost Mobile. In addition to offering a large selection of high-quality mobile devices at regular prices, Boost is also known for offering frequent special deals on discounted and sometimes even free phones for customers. All of these deals are temporary and all of them come with certain conditions. For example, you may be required to switch to Boost’s services, add a line, sign a lengthy contract, purchase a select plan, trade in an old device in good working condition, etc. However, your EBT/SNAP participation is unfortunately not a potential contributing factor.
Currently, Boost Mobile offers the following online deals:
- Samsung Galaxy A02s with a $60 discount.
- Apple iPhone SE 2nd Generation with a $350 discount.
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G with a $250 discount.
- Motorola moto g stylus 5G with a $60 discount.
- Samsung Galaxy A13 5G with a $180 discount.
- Samsung Galaxy A03s with a $70 discount.
- Apple iPhone 11 with up to $300 off.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G with up to $400 off.
- Motorola g pure with up to $80 off.
- Motorola moto g power with up to $110 off.
- Celero 5G with up to $200 off.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G with an $800 discount.
Boost currently doesn’t offer any phones completely free of charge. As the company’s offers tend to change often and the deals listed above may not be valid anymore by the time you read this article, make sure to see the latest discounts on Boost phones at boostmobile.com/deals.htm and boostmobile.com/phones.
What Other Companies Offer Free Phones With EBT?
Boost Mobile free phones with EBT are currently unavailable. However, if your heart is set on getting a free phone with EBT, you can also look elsewhere. There are lots of other Lifeline and ACP companies that offer free government phones for EBT/SNAP participants, including:
- Access Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- American Assistance
- Assist Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- Infinity Mobile
- Life Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- SafeLink Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- True Wireless
If you are already an eligible EBT user, you can simply visit any of the companies’ websites, make sure that the provider operates in your state of residence, find the company’s application form, and sign up.