Boost Mobile offers simple and convenient ways to upgrade your phone. In case you already have a phone you are completely satisfied with, you may be wondering why you would need a Boost Mobile upgrade phone anyway. Well, things happen! Your current device may start malfunctioning at some point, it may get broken, lost, or stolen, or it could simply become very outdated. If anything like that happens, you will need to get a Boost Mobile upgrade phone as soon as possible. Luckily, existing Boost customers can upgrade their phones at any time they wish. Moreover, Boost customers who have had a mobile device activated on their Boost account for 120 consecutive days may receive a credit of up to $100 towards a new device. Fees for getting a Boost Mobile upgrade phone may apply.
In case you also need information What Phones Compatible with Boost Mobile Service
Does Boost Mobile Offer Free Phone Upgrades?
Certain carriers offer free phone upgrades after a year or another set time frame of using their services. Unfortunately, Boost Mobile is not one of those carriers. The company generally doesn’t offer free phone upgrades, however, it may occasionally offer promotions that include discounted or even free phone upgrades.
Boost Mobile customers can receive Boost Mobile upgrade phones at any time at the full price. In addition, customers can receive certain discounts on Boost Mobile upgrade phones. The discounts include:
- A credit of up to $100 towards an upgrade device for customers who have had a device activated on their account for 120 consecutive days (occasional limited-time offers)
- BoostUp is a financing program by Boost Mobile that allows existing customers to receive a Boost Mobile upgrade phone with an upfront down payment and taxes payment and a commitment to 18 monthly payments to pay off the device.
- A discount for trading in an old device in good working condition.
- A promotional discount on upgrade phones (occasional limited-time offers)
1st Check Eligibility Process Before Upgrading Your Boost Mobile Phone
The BoostUp financing program is only available on eligible phones for loyal Boost Mobile customers. The BoostUp upgrade system does not require a credit check, however, it does require a phone eligibility check. To check whether or not your Boost Mobile phone is eligible for an upgrade, log in to your Boost account at myaccount.boostmobile.com.
The BoostUp eligibility criteria are:
- You must be a Boost Mobile customer.
- You must have a monthly plan that costs $35 or more.
- You must have made your last 12 consecutive monthly payments on time.
- You are not enrolled in the Premier Grace Period program.
How to Upgrade a Boost Mobile Phone?
There are several ways to upgrade your Boost Mobile phone.
Get Boost Mobile Upgrade Phones Online
To upgrade your phone online, follow these simple steps:
- Visit myaccount.boostmobile.com.
- Log in to your Boost account and check your BoostUp eligibility under your account details.
- Upgrade to an eligible phone by pressing the ‘Start Shopping’ button and selecting any BoostUp-eligible phone.
- Proceed to Checkout. Complete the ‘Installment Billing Agreement’, and pay the down payment and taxes.
- You will receive a confirmation of your upgrade via email.
- Pay for the upgrade device in 18 monthly payments, starting on your next bill.
Get Boost Mobile Upgrade Phones by Contacting Customer Care
While the online phone upgrade process is very quick and simple, in case you have any additional questions, it may be better to upgrade your Boost phone by contacting the company’s customer care service. You will be required to provide personal and account information to verify your account. Tell the representative what kind of a device you wish to upgrade to and ask about the fees that you will have to pay. The representative will also inform you of whether or not your phone is eligible for BoostUp.
Get Boost Mobile Upgrade Phones by Visiting a Store
You can also upgrade your Boost phone by visiting a Boost Mobile store. To find a store in your area, go to boostmobilelocal.com and enter your ZIP code, city, or state in the ‘Find Store Near You’ box. Press ‘Submit’. Before you visit your local Boost store, make sure to bring your ID so that you can complete the upgrade process.
Get a New Boost Mobile Phone at the Full Price
If your current Boost phone is paid off in full, you can purchase a new one at the full price at any time, even if you are not eligible for the BoostUp program. To upgrade to a GSM or CDMA phone, follow these steps:
- Go to boostmobile.com.
- Press the ‘Shop’ button.
- Browse available phones and find one that best fits your needs.
- Add the device to your shopping cart and check out. Alternatively, you can enter your ZIP code in the store locator to find a store near you and purchase the device there.
- Once you have received your Boost Mobile upgrade phone, remove the Boost Mobile SIM card from your old device and insert it into the new phone.
- Charge the new phone, turn it on, and start using it.
- If needed, call the company’s customer care service and ask the representative to transfer your minutes to your new device.
Best Boost Mobile Upgrade Deals
Boost Mobile offers phone upgrade deals on a regular basis. However, their deals and special offers change frequently. Currently, Boost Mobile offers the following upgrade deals:
- You can get a new iPhone 7 for only $1 of down payment and 18 low monthly payments of $19. No credit check is needed.
- You can get a Samsung Galaxy A 51 for only $50 of down payment and 18 low monthly payments of $19. No credit check is needed.
- When you switch to Boost Mobile, you can get an iPhone SE for $0. The deal is only available for new customers. The offer is valid through 6/7/22.
- When you switch to Boost Mobile, you can get a Samsung Galaxy A32 for $0. The deal is only available for new customers. The offer is valid through 6/7/22.
You can see the BoostUp upgrade deals at boostmobile.com/boost-up-phone-financing.html?intnav=BotNav:Shop:BoostUP. Read more about other Boost Mobile offers at boostmobile.com/deals?intnav=TopMobileNav:QuickLinks:Deals. Find Boost Mobile’s in-store only offers at boostmobile.com/stores/offers.html.
If you need information Boost Mobile Flip Phones
Do You Need to Upgrade Your Boost Mobile Plan After Upgrading Your Boost Mobile Phone?
As the BoostUp program is only available for customers with a monthly plan that costs $35 a month on more, Boost Mobile customers who have a cheaper plan will have to upgrade their plan before upgrading the phone, otherwise, they won’t meet the BoostUp eligibility criteria.
As such, if you have a service plan under $35 a month and you wish to get a Boost Mobile upgrade phone through BoostUp, make sure to sign up for a more expensive plan.
Some of the best Boost Mobile plans include:
- The Under $10 a month plan comes with 1 GB of monthly data, unlimited talk, and unlimited text. It is only available for new customers and online. This plan is not eligible for BoostUp.
- The $15 a month plan comes with 2 GB of monthly data, unlimited talk, unlimited text, and a mobile hotspot. It is only available for new BYO customers. This plan is not eligible for BoostUp.
- The $25 a month plan comes with 5 GB of monthly data, unlimited talk, unlimited text, and a mobile hotspot. It is only available for new customers. This plan is not eligible for BoostUp.
- The $35 a month plan comes with 10 GB of monthly data, unlimited talk, unlimited text, and a mobile hotspot. This plan is eligible for BoostUp.
- The $50 a month unlimited plan comes with 35 GB of high-speed data, unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 12 GB of mobile hotspot. You can add a line for $30 a month. This plan is eligible for BoostUp.
- The $60 a month unlimited plan comes with 35 GB of high-speed data, unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 30 GB of mobile hotspot. You can add a line for $40 a month. This plan is eligible for BoostUp.
Read more about Boost Mobile plans at boostmobile.com/plans.html.
Do You Need to Upgrade Your Boost Mobile SIM Card After Upgrading Your Boost Mobile Phone?
Typically, there is no need to upgrade your Boost Mobile SIM card when you upgrade your Boost Mobile phone. You can simply order a new phone, turn the original one off, remove the SIM card and insert it into the new device. Turn on the new device and use your Boost services.
However, in case your Boost Mobile SIM card got damaged, broken, lost, or stolen, you will need to get a new Boost Mobile SIM card as well.
In addition, if your new phone requires a SIM card of a different size than your current phone, you may also need to order a new one. To do so, call the company’s customer care service and ask the representative to help you out.
Are There Any Other Special Benefits When Upgrading Boost Mobile Phones?
Getting Boost Mobile upgrade phones comes with a number of great benefits.
For one, if you have an old 3G device, upgrading to a phone with 4G/5G connectivity, will enable you to get:
- A stronger signal
- More coverage
- Faster speeds
Upgrade phones also tend to offer the following advantages:
- More powerful technology
- More advanced features
- More feature-rich apps
- Greater functionality
- Faster response time
Boost Mobile Phone Upgrade Related FAQs
Is a Phone Upgrade and a Phone Replacement the Same?
A phone upgrade and a phone replacement are two different things. A phone upgrade is when you still have a functional phone but wish to buy a new one simply because the old one has become slow, is starting to malfunction, or has become outdated. A replacement phone, on the other hand, is a mobile device that a user must order when his or her original phone is damaged, broken, lost, or stolen, and therefore no longer in good working condition. Depending on your carrier or insurance program’s policy, you may be able to receive a replacement device free of charge. Phone upgrades, on the other hand, can also be free or discounted, but only as a promotional deal. In addition, replacement phones are of the same or comparable model or quality, while upgrade phones tend to be newer and more advanced.
What Does a Free Phone Upgrade Mean?
A free phone upgrade means receiving a newer upgrade phone with more advanced features completely free of charge. Some carriers offer free phone upgrades, but Boost Mobile generally does not.
Does Boost Mobile Offer Buyback Phones?
Boost Mobile used to offer a Buyback program, which allowed customers to trade-in or recycle an old phone. However, currently, the Boost Mobile Buyback program is no longer available. Nevertheless, specific Boost Mobile phone deals may allow customers to trade in an old phone.
How Long Does It Take to Upgrade a Boost Mobile Phone?
Upgrading a Boost Mobile phone is a quick and simple process. If your phone is eligible, you will be able to do it within a few minutes. The upgrade phone will be sent to you immediately and the first monthly installment will be charged in the first month. See the Boost Mobile upgrade phones process in the section ‘How to Upgrade a Boost Mobile Phone?’.
What Happens if You Lose Your Boost Mobile Phone?
In case your Boost Mobile phone gets lost or stolen, make sure to call the company’s customer care service at 1-833-502-6678 as soon as possible, as all additional charges that may occur in the meantime, will be your responsibility. The company will take measures to protect your active account balance and will try to help you find your phone. Depending on whether your phone is insured, you may also receive a Boost mobile replacement phone.
Where Can You Buy a Boost Mobile Phone?
You can buy a Boost Mobile phone online at boostmobile.com/phones?intnav=TopNav:Phones:AllPhones or at a Boost Mobile store. Find a store near you at boostmobile.com/stores.html?intnav=UtilNav:FindaStore.
Who Owns Boost Mobile?What Service They Offer?
Boost Mobile is an American no-contract wireless service provider owned by Dish Wireless. The company offers high-quality mobile devices from the most reputable brands, versatile prepaid phone and wireless service plans, add-on services, such as data packs, phone insurance, and international services, 99% nationwide coverage on AT&T and T-Mobile’s networks, and frequent special deals and offers for both new and existing customers.