Why Would I Want to Cancel AirTalk Wireless Service?
If you are lucky enough to have landed a Lifeline and ACP subscription account with AirTalk Wireless, you may wish to hold on to the company’s services, simply because when it comes to Lifeline and ACP providers almost no company in the country is as generous as AirTalk. Through their Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), AirTalk offers discounts on monthly phone, wireless, and internet services, which include free monthly high-speed data, unlimited talk minutes, and unlimited text messages. Customers who qualify for both government assistance programs can also receive a cell phone of their own choice (flip phone, Android smartphone, or iPhone) and ACP subscribers can even purchase an Android or iOS tablet with a huge discount of $100.
This list of benefits is truly remarkable and you may wonder why anyone would ever want to give them up. Well, there are several potential reasons why you have decided to find out how to cancel AirTalk Wireless.
- The most urgent reason to cancel AirTalk Wireless’s services is if your AirTalk mobile device and/or SIM card were lost or stolen. As the person who may find the device (or the one that may have stolen it) may try to use your services and inflict additional charges, it is vital to contact AirTalk’s customer service as soon as possible. Explain what happened and the representative will (at least temporarily) deactivate your account. In case your device gets found, you can always contact the company again and the agent will gladly reactivate your account.
- You may be required to give up the company’s generous benefits if you no longer qualify for Lifeline and ACP. Perhaps you got a new well-paid job or won the lottery, thus improving your financial situation or you no longer participate in any of the Lifeline/ACP-qualifying government assistance programs. If so, you must notify the company and cancel your AirTalk service within 30 days. Using the benefits without valid eligibility is a violation of the government assistance program rules.
- You may also be forced to cancel your AirTalk Wireless services if you have recently moved to a state where AirTalk Wireless does not offer its services or to an area where AirTalk’s coverage is not strong enough. In this case, you can transfer your Lifeline and ACP benefits to another company.
- Moreover, as many wireless companies offer almost irresistible deals for new customers, you may be tempted to switch to another provider. If that is the case, make sure to consider what you would be giving up and what you would, on the other hand, gain. Make sure to consider the cost, network coverage, plans, phones, etc. If the pros of canceling AirTalk Wireless outweigh the cons, go for it!
What Do I Have to Do Before Canceling My AirTalk Wireless Service?
There are some important things you should consider and step you should take before canceling your AirTalk Wireless service:
- First, you must make sure that you don’t owe AirTalk any money for any type of service or device. You can only cancel your services once all of your debts have been paid in full.
- Make sure to back up all personal files that you may have on your phone, as you may lose them during the cancelation process. The company may even decide to take away your device after you cancel the service.
- Before you commence the AirTalk Wireless cancelation process, make sure to decide whether or not you wish to keep your existing phone number. This is a very important detail, which you will also be required to mention to the agent who will handle your cancelation.
- In case you wish to cancel AirTalk Wireless in order to switch to another company, make sure to thoroughly review the new company’s offer, coverage, plans, and devices.
- Finally, if you are planning to switch to another Lifeline/ACP provider, make sure that you still qualify for the government assistance benefits. Also, be ready to begin the application process from scratch. You may have to fill out the application form and prove your eligibility with acceptable documents.
How to Cancel AirTalk Wireless
Now, let’s move on to the most important question – how to cancel AirTalk Wireless. Well, it is very simple. All you have to do is contact the company. There are several ways to contact AirTalk Wireless.
- By far the simplest and quickest way to cancel your AirTalk Wireless services is to do so by phone. Regardless of why you wish to discontinue the use of services, make sure to contact AirTalk Wireless customer support at +1 (855) 924-7825 and terminate your account. Make sure to explain why you wish to cancel the services and most importantly, whether or not you wish to keep your number. Keep in mind that the customer support service is available from Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 8 PM CST.
- You can also contact the company’s customer support service online at airtalkwireless.com/contact, via online chat, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also be able to terminate your account on your AirTalk online account. To do so, go to airtalkwireless.com/account, sign in to your account using your username and password, and locate the option to terminate the account.
Moreover, in some cases, your AirTalk Wireless service may get canceled automatically by the company itself. This is definitely not the recommended way to terminate your services, as in many cases you would be in violation of the company and government’s rules. Nevertheless, AirTalk has the right to cancel your AirTalk service in the following instances:
- If your phone has been reported lost or stolen or associated with fraudulent activity.
- If you no longer qualify for Lifeline/ACP.
- If your account has been inactive for more than 45 days in a row.
- If you fail to complete your annual recertification on time.
- If you have in any way violated the government rules or the company’s terms and conditions, which are clearly stated at airtalkwireless.com/term-condition.
How Long Does it Talk to Cancel AirTalk Wireless Service?
The duration of the cancelation process depends mostly on how you decide to cancel the account. By far the simplest and fastest way to cancel your service is by phone. Once you get a chance to speak to a representative and explain why you are calling, the process will only last a few minutes. During the phone call, the representative may ask you some questions and you will have to provide certain information. Once the phone call is finished, your service will shortly be terminated.
What Happens After I Cancel AirTalk Wireless Service?
So, what exactly will happen after I cancel my AirTalk Wireless service?
- First of all, you won’t be able to use your AirTalk services any longer. You won’t be able to make or take phone calls, send or receive text messages, access data, or access the company’s network.
- You may also lose your phone number (that is if you fail to ask for your phone number to be transferred to your next provider).
- Your voicemail messages may be lost.
- The company may decide to take away your phone.
In certain cases, such as if your phone was lost or stolen, if you don’t use the services for 45 days, or if you fail to recertify your account on time, you can easily reactivate your service. However, in other cases, such as violation of the company’s terms and conditions, you will not be able to reapply for AirTalk’s services.
Does Canceling AirTalk Wireless Include Any Fees or Charges?
No, canceling AirTalk doesn’t require you to pay any termination or cancelation fees.
Can the Company Cancel My Service Itself?
Yes, there are several reasons why AirTalk may cancel your service itself. The reasons are outlined in the section ‘How to Cancel AirTalk Wireless’.
Can I Keep My Phone After Canceling AirTalk Wireless Service?
It depends. The company does have the right to collect your device after your service termination. However, it does not always do so. Unfortunately, there is no way to know in advance whether or not you will be able to keep your device. In case you brought your own phone, the company definitely won’t be able to collect it.
Can I Transfer My Lifeline and ACP Benefits to Another Provider?
Yes, you can transfer your Lifeline and ACP benefits to another provider at any time. However, keep in mind that both Lifeline and ACP benefits are only available for one person per eligible household and from one provider at a time. The benefits also cannot be transferred to another person.
How to Transfer My Lifeline and ACP Benefits to Another Provider?
If you wish to transfer your Lifeline and ACP benefits to another provider, make sure to contact that provider before you contact your current provider and ask the agent to transfer your Lifeline/ACP benefit to them. Inquire about the new provider’s offers in your area and mention that you wish to keep your number (if that is the case). If you want to bring your own phone, also make sure to mention it, as the agent will have to check whether or not your device is compatible with the new company’s services.
What If I Have Additional Questions About the AirTalk Wireless Service Cancelation Process?
In case you have further questions, make sure to contact the company’s customer support service. You can do so by phone, via online chat, via online form, or via email. See the detail above.