Q Link Wireless is a popular U.S.-based telecommunications company and Lifeline provider. The company offers free minute and data plans, services, and mobile phones or devices to Lifeline-eligible citizens. They are known for reliability and high-quality devices and plans, as such many consumers may never feel the need to cancel their services. However, there are certain situations that may require you to cancel Q Link services.
Let’s take a look at why you would want to cancel your Q Link service.
- First and foremost, you may wish or need to cancel the provider’s service if your Q Link mobile device got lost or stolen. By canceling the service as soon as possible, you will prevent any third party from inflicting additional charges on your account.
- You may need to cancel your free plan if you get a job, improve your financial situation, cancel your membership at a government benefit program, or otherwise become ineligible for Q Link service.
- Perhaps you wish to cancel your service if you are not happy with it or if you are planning to relocate and Q Link’s T-Mobile network either has poor coverage in the new area or they don’t offer their services in that state.
- Another common reason to cancel the service is that you don’t like to use the same provider for a long time or if you get a better deal from another provider. Many service providers offer special discounts and other amazing deals for new customers, therefore, you may get enticed by these other providers and their special offers and decide to cancel your old service.
Do you want to learn more about Government Free Phone
What Do I Need To Do Before Canceling Q Link Wireless Service
Before you cancel your Q Link Wireless service permanently, make sure to take the following considerations into account and perform the following actions.
- Backup your data: There is a chance that Q Link will want to collect your device from you when you cancel their service, therefore, it’s important to backup your data and thus safely store your information elsewhere. However, if you brought your own device to Q Link, they won’t be able to collect it and you can skip this part.
- Make sure you have no unfinished business with Q Link: In case you have some unpaid bills or any other kind of unfinished business with Q Link, it would be that much harder to cancel your service. Before you cancel your service, make sure that all your affairs are in order.
- Keep your old number or ditch it: During the cancellation process, you will be asked if you wish to keep your old number, therefore, make sure to decide on that earlier. Keep in mind though, that Q Link reserves the right to deny access to your old number and to reassign the number to another subscriber if your account is terminated.
- Find a new provider: Regardless of whether you wish to transfer to another Lifeline provider or a general service provider, make sure to find one that best fits your needs in advance – one that offers the kind of plans, coverage, and devices that you may need. Make sure to only switch to another provider if you find a better deal.
- Prepare the necessary documentation: During the cancelation process you may need to provide some documentation about your service, therefore, make sure to get everything ready so that the process will run as fast and as smooth as possible.
How To Cancel Q Link Wireless Service
Canceling your Q Link Wireless service is quick and simple and there are no termination or cancellation fees. There are several ways to cancel a Q Link Wireless service. Simply choose one and follow the provided steps.
Cancel Q Link Wireless service by phone
Canceling your Q Link service by phone is probably the fastest and the most recommended way to do so. Simply contact Q LINK Wireless customer support from your Q Link phone at 1-855-754-6543 and ask them to terminate your service. They will ask you some process-related questions and guide you in doing certain steps, however, they will do most of the work themselves. When you call Q Link Wireless, you will probably be connected with a representative in 20 minutes or less. You can call them from Monday to Friday between 8 am and 12 pm EST and from 9 am to 6 pm EST on Saturday and Sunday. In case you need help fast, call them at 9:01 am.
You can also contact them online at qlinkwireless.com/members/support.aspx. Their help center is a great way to seek help. Simply fill out the form and ask them to cancel your account. Keep in mind, that the average wait time is 56 hours, therefore this may not be the best option for those customers who are in a hurry.
Cancel Q Link Wireless service online
Go to your internet browser and visit Q Link’s official website at qlinkwireless.com. Log in to your Q Link account and once you do so, you will see the option that enables you to cancel your service. Select that option and follow the provided instructions.
Cancel Q Link Wireless service in-store
Even though you don’t have to be tech-savvy to follow the cancellation prompts provided online or over the phone, both of these methods do require you to do certain simple steps by yourself. If you prefer to avoid any steps whatsoever, you can simply visit a Q Link store and ask a professional to do these steps for you.
Automatic service cancelation
Q Link reserves the right to terminate your service if you violate its terms and conditions. Your Q Link service can be automatically canceled in the following cases:
- All reported lost and stolen mobile phones will be permanently deactivated.
- If you are no longer Lifeline-eligible and if you fail to complete the annual Lifeline recertification on time (within 60 days after receiving the notification). In this case, you may reactivate your service by re-enrolling in the Q Link Wireless Lifeline program if eligible.
- If your account was inactive for 45 days or more. After 30 inactive days, you will receive a notice with a 15-day period to correct the non-usage. If you fail to do so, you will be de-enrolled and deactivated. In this case, you may reactivate your service by purchasing or redeeming Q Link Wireless minutes with service days.
- For misrepresentation, fraud, or other misconduct: Q Link’s terms and conditions clearly state that a customer is not allowed to sell, rent, give away, or allow another person to use their Lifeline service. According to Federal and state law, to sell or give away your Q Link phone to someone outside your household is a violation that will invoke appropriate legal authorities for prosecution. Your service may also be terminated if you lie to a representative, threaten them or commit violence, harass them, use inappropriate language, allow anyone to tamper with your device, steal from Q Link Wireless, modify your device, interfere with Q Link operations, etc. Any kind of violation of Q Link’s policies will result in permanent de-enrollment from the Q Link Lifeline program and permanent phone deactivation. Your personal information will get lost and you will not be allowed to re-enroll in the Q Link Lifeline program in the future. You can read more at qlinkwireless.com/terms.
How Long Does It Take To Cancel Q Link Wireless Service?
It is impossible to say exactly how long will it take to cancel your Q Link Wireless service, as it depends on why and how you decide to cancel it as well as some other factors. However, if you do it over the phone, your service should be deactivated in a matter of minutes.
You will know that your service has been successfully canceled when your Q Link Wireless SIM card will be rendered useless and you won’t be able to make any calls, send any messages, or use data.
Read one of our past Qlink SIM Card Replacement Guide
What Happens If You Cancel The Service?
As soon as your Q Link Wireless account gets canceled, you will not be able to make free phone calls, send free text messages, or use free data.
While some reasons why your account has been deactivated (violation of their policies) won’t allow you to reactivate your account, others will. In case your account got canceled because you were no longer Lifeline-eligible, you can reapply as soon as you become eligible once again. In this case, you can also become Q Link’s regular customer. If you cancel your account on your own or if it got canceled because it was inactive, you can also simply reactivate it.
Note that canceling your service may cause you to lose your phone number. In addition, your voicemail messages may get deleted.
If you need information How Do I Activate My Qlink SIM Card read one of our past article
How To Transfer Q Link Lifeline Benefit?
You can transfer your Q Link Lifeline benefit to another Lifeline provider at any time. However, you may not transfer your Lifeline benefit to any other person, as this is a clear violation of Federal and state law.
To transfer your Lifeline benefit to another company, contact another Lifeline provider and ask them to transfer your Lifeline benefit to them. You may be asked to reapply through the National Verifier to confirm your Lifeline eligibility. The new company will need the following information to process your Lifeline transfer:
- Date of birth
- Your Social Security Number (the last four digits) or Tribal identification number
- Phone number
- Your verbal or written consent acknowledging that you will lose your Lifeline benefit with the previous provider and that consumers may not have more than one Lifeline benefit per household.
In case you also need information How To Transfer QLink SIM Card To New Phone
Can Q Link Itself Cancel My Wireless Service At Any Time?
Q Link Wireless reserves the right to terminate your service at any time if you violate its terms and conditions. Your Q Link service can be automatically canceled in the following cases:
- If your report your mobile device lost or stolen.
- If you are no longer Lifeline-eligible and if you fail to complete the annual Lifeline recertification on time (within 60 days after receiving the notification).
- If your account was inactive for 45 days or more. After 30 inactive days, you will receive a notice with a 15-day period to correct the non-usage. If you fail to do so, you will be de-enrolled and deactivated.
- If you violate Q Link’s terms and conditions in any way. You can read more about the company’s policies in the ‘How To Cancel Q Link Wireless Service: Automatic service cancelation’ section or at qlinkwireless.com/terms.
Do I Have To Pay Any Charges To Cancel The Q Link Wireless Service?
Q Link doesn’t charge any termination or cancellation fees. You can cancel your service at any time without paying a dime. All you have to do is to follow the provided instructions above. In case you are asked to pay a termination fee, make sure to contact Q Link’s customer service, as such a request would be a fraud case.
Nonetheless, in certain cases, the company may charge you some money. For example, if you wish to get a replacement phone (you will have to pay a $25 replacement fee) or if you wish to purchase add-ons to your existing plan.
Can I Keep My Phone After Cancelling Q Link Wireless Service?
Q Link may decide to collect your device from you when you cancel your Q Link service, however, it is not certain if they will wish to do so. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if they will allow you to keep the device or if they will take it from you. In case you brought your own device to Q Link Wireless, they will not be able to collect it. In this case, the transition process when switching to another provider will also be smoother as you won’t have to buy another device.
How To Call A Live Person In Q Link Wireless Customer Service?
If you wish to talk to a live person when you call Q Link Wireless customer service, make sure to follow the steps below.
- Call Q Link customer service at 1-855-754-6543.
- Press 4 (“Press 4 if you want Q Link technical support”).
- Say “Other”.
- Stay on the line.
- The automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service representative from Q Link Wireless.
As we have mentioned before, Q Link customer service is available from 8 am to 12 pm EST Monday-Friday and from 9 am to 6 pm EST Saturday-Sunday.