While living without any kind of smart electronic devices was completely normal just 20 years ago, nowadays, it’s almost unimaginable. Especially after the pandemic, the digital landscape has changed dramatically. Now we can (or sometimes must) work from home, get an online education, attend virtual meetings, webinars, and classes, browse for information, and even socialize with our friends, family members, and colleagues online. To do so, we need a stable internet connection and a connected device. Unfortunately, some people are unable to purchase such a device. However, there are ways to get a tablet free of charge. One of the tablets that is available for free is the Cellution free tablet and we will explore just how to get it in this article.
How Can I Get a Cellution Free Tablet?
Cellution is a reputable brand known for providing mobile devices that prioritize simplicity and functionality over extravagant features. While their tablets may not boast cutting-edge specifications, they are dependable and long-lasting, ensuring they won’t disappoint you when it matters. Rest assured, Cellution’s focus on reliability and durability ensures a trustworthy experience.
Cellution tablets are inexpensive, to begin with, however, there are ways to get the device for free or in exchange for a small one-time fee. Let’s explore such options below.
- The best way to get a Cellution free tablet is from the government. The government has recently started to fund a new government assistance program that is managed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). This program is called the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and it offers eligible low-income Americans a discount on monthly internet services (up to $30 a month for eligible non-Tribal households and up to $75 a month for eligible Tribal households) and a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase an internet-connected device, such as a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. To obtain the device, the customer must pay a one-time fee of between $10 and $50, however, tablets are usually offered for only $10.01. The benefits are distributed by individual wireless companies that have agreed to participate in the ACP program and are funded by the government to offer such benefits. It’s worth noting that not all ACP providers offer device discounts but from the ones that do, the majority offer free tablets. The ACP program is the government’s attempt to bridge the digital divide in the country and ensure that all citizens have equal opportunities in life. Getting a Cellution free tablet from the government is by far the most reliable way to obtain the device (and free monthly internet services), as such, we will focus more on the process of getting an ACP Cellution free tablet in the following sections.
- Another way for low-income people is to get a tablet from a non-profit organization or a charity. Such institutions also often offer help to low-income households. Help is commonly provided in the form of a tablet or another electronic device, as such devices can help people get an education and a job and thus overcome their financial struggles. As is the case with the ACP program, to get a free or discounted tablet from a charity or non-profit, you also must prove that you are coming from a low-income household. You can also contact your local school, church, or library, as they may also sometimes offer used or refurbished electronic devices.
- Nowadays, there are tons of opportunities to get a free tablet online. However, when joining any kind of giveaway contest, make sure that the offer is legit, as there is no shortage of scams online. You may be able to get a Cellution free tablet through a promotional giveaway, by participating in surveys, by becoming a reviewer, or a marketing agent, etc.
- Finally, retail companies and carriers also sometimes offer promotional deals on tablets and other electronic devices. However, such offers usually come with some preconditions. For instance, you may be asked to buy another device at full price, switch to a carrier, add a line, purchase a plan, trade in an old eligible device in good working condition, etc. Make sure to review the requirements of each deal and if you can easily meet them, then obtaining a tablet through a promo deal is also a valid option.
A Short Guide on How to Receive a Cellution Free Tablet from the Government
If you have a low income, we encourage you to apply for a Cellution free tablet from the governmental ACP assistance program. This way of getting an almost free tablet is probably the simplest, fastest, and most reliable. Plus, you will also receive free monthly internet services if your application gets approved. Your roadmap to success is this:
- First, you have to qualify for the ACP program. You will only be able to apply if you meet the program’s eligibility requirements, which are listed in the following section.
- Secondly, you will need to prove your eligibility during the application process. Only if you can will your application be approved. See exactly how you can prove your eligibility below.
- Thirdly, you must submit your ACP application form. You will have to apply through the National Verifier and your selected provider. See how to do so below.
Do You Qualify for a Cellution Free Tablet?
There are two types of eligibility requirements to join the ACP program – based on your income or based on your participation in another government assistance program. You must only meet one type of requirement (income-based or program participation-based) to qualify for the ACP program. Additionally, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and you must select an ACP provider that offers ACP benefits in your area. Also, note that the FCC only allows one person per eligible household to apply for the ACP program.
Here is the ACP income-based eligibility:
Your household’s annual income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The guidelines depend on the household size and your state of residence.
The ACP program participation-based eligibility, on the other hand, states that your household qualifies for ACP if a member of the household participates in one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children(WIC)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Or if you received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
Remember, you must only meet the income-based criteria or the program-based criteria to qualify.
Can You Prove Your Cellution Free Tablet Eligibility?
To prove your ACP eligibility during the application process, you will be asked to provide some information and documentation copies. The specific documents required depend on your eligibility criteria.
- For income verification, if your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, include a copy of documents such as an income statement, tax return, paycheck stubs, or benefit letters.
- If you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program, include copies of documents like approval letters, benefit awards, or benefit verification letters.
- To prove your identity, include a copy of an official document displaying your full name, address, date of birth, and other relevant details. Examples include government IDs, passports, utility bills, or tax returns.
- Emancipated minors should provide certification of emancipation or court orders.
Remember to prepare clear copies of these documents, as originals are not accepted. These documents are crucial to proving your identity and eligibility for the Cellution free tablet when applying online or via mail.
How Can You Apply for a Cellution Free Tablet in 2023
When it comes to applying for the Cellution free tablet, you have three options to choose from. Let’s explore these methods so you can decide which one suits you best:
Online Application through the National Verifier:
- Visit the National Verifier’s official website at https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&amp;awsl=link-from-how-to-apply.
- Sign in or create a new account.
- Prepare the required information and documents.
- Fill out the application form and attach the necessary copies.
- Double-check all information before submitting the application.
- Download the application form in English at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- Also download the Household Worksheet at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
- Print and fill out the forms.
- Gather physical copies of your documents.
- Mail the completed forms and documents to the ACP Support Center at P.O Box 9100 Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
ACP Service Provider Application:
- Find a carrier operating in your state at https://cnm.universalservice.org/.
- Enter your location and select the ACP program.
- Choose a carrier and visit their website.
- Enter your ZIP code and access the online application form.
- Fill in your details and attach the required documents.
- Review the information and submit the form.
- The ACP carrier will review your application and respond.
- If eligible, you will receive the Cellution or another tablet model by mail.
- Consider these methods and follow the steps to apply for the Cellution free tablet.
List of Companies That May Offer a Cellution Free Tablet in 2023
ACP providers are generally secretive about the tablet models they offer as the offer depends on the state, plan, availability, and other factors. As such, it’s difficult to say which ones may currently offer Cellution free tablets in your area. Nonetheless, you can find out by contacting all the providers in your area (you can find the list at https://cnm.universalservice.org/). And the good news is that even if none of the companies offer such devices at the present moment, you will be able to get another high-quality tablet from another reputable provider, such as Samsung, Alcatel, KonnectONE, or even Apple.
ACP companies that currently offer ACP free tablets and may therefore offer Cellution free tablets include:
- AirTalk Wireless (learn more at https://airtalkwireless.com/)
- Cintex Wireless (learn more at https://cintexwireless.com/)
- Easy Wireless (learn more at https://myeasywireless.com/)
- Excess Telecom (learn more at https://www.excesstelecom.com/)
- Go Technology Management (learn more at https://goknows.com/)
- Human I-T (learn more at https://www.human-i-t.org/low-cost-devices/)
- Maxsip Telecom (learn more at https://maxsipconnects.com/)
- Moolah Wireless (learn more at https://moolahwireless.com/)
- My Tablet ACP (learn more at https://www.mytabletacp.com/)
- NewPhone Wireless (learn more at https://newphone.com/)
- Q Link Wireless (learn more at https://qlinkwireless.com/)
- StandUp Wireless (learn more at https://standupwireless.com/)
- Stimulus (learn more at https://stimulustabletjobs.com/)
- TruConnect (learn more at https://www.truconnect.com/)
Which NGOs May Offer Cellution Free Tablets?
In addition to ACP providers, certain NGOs may also offer free tablets, including:
- Computer technology assistance corps
- Computers for Learning
- On It Foundation
- Salvation Army
Pros And Cons of Getting a Cellution Free Tablet
Getting a Cellution free tablet comes with a list of pros and cons that must be considered in advance.
Pros of getting a Cellution free tablet:
- Affordability: The tablet is offered at a low cost or even free of charge, making it accessible for those with limited financial resources.
- Connectivity: The device will enable you to stay in touch with work, school, loved ones, etc.
- Features and Performance: The tablet may not have the most advanced features but it does come with all the basic options and reliable performance.
Cons of getting a Cellution free tablet:
- Device Limitations: The tablet may have limitations in processing power, storage capacity, and advanced features compared to higher-end commercial tablets.
- Government Program Limitations: To get an ACP tablet, you will have to follow the ACP rules. You won’t be able to transfer your benefits to another person or get the benefits from more than one provider at a time. You will have to reapply once a year and use the benefits at least once every 30 days to keep receiving them.
- Potential for Outdated Technology: Government-provided tablets may not always feature the latest technology advancements.