Cintex Wireless is a wireless service provider and one of the largest and most popular Lifeline and Emergency Broadband Benefit providers in America. The company provides Lifeline services to eligible customers in 5 U.S. states (Maryland, Arkansas, Maine, Rhode Island, West Virginia) and offers the Emergency Broadband Benefit program nationwide. Qualifying customers will get free monthly service with free minutes, texts, and data, nationwide coverage, and a free 4G LTE smartphone.
In this article, we will find out more about Cintex Wireless’ free services and devices, so let’s dig right into it.
Does Cintex Wireless Offer Free iPhones?
Lifeline is a government assistance program designed to ensure low-income households have access to basic telecommunication services in order to stay connected to their loved ones, work, education, health providers, and emergency services.
As the goal is to provide ‘basic’ services, most Lifeline providers offer ‘basic’ free phones. Most Lifeline providers offer entry-level to mid-range Android smartphones to their eligible customers. Cintex Wireless, on the other hand, offers their Emergency Broadband Benefit-eligible customers several high-quality Android smartphones. In addition, Cintex is the only EBB provider that also offers Apple iPhones completely free of charge.
How To Get A Cintex Wireless Free iPhone
Cintex Wireless offers a government benefit program and is an Emergency Broadband Benefit program provider. As such, its Emergency Broadband Benefit-eligible customers can sign up for the program and receive a free smartphone and service with free unlimited talk, free unlimited text, and free unlimited data.
Emergency Broadband Benefit is a limited-time program funded by the U.S. government COVID-19 relief efforts and operated by the FCC that provides discounts on monthly wireless services and connected devices.
To get a Cintex Wireless free iPhone (or any other smartphone they offer), you must be Emergency Broadband Benefit-eligible. There are two ways to qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program:
- You can qualify for the EBB program if you participate in a government assistance program (the same government program as Lifeline) such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Survivors Pension Benefits Fund, and more.
- You can qualify if your household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty line or if you are currently unemployed.
Moreover, to get a free smartphone and service you must be a resident of one of the 5 participating states – Maryland, Arkansas, Maine, Rhode Island, West Virginia.
Once you make sure that you are EBB-eligible and a resident of a participating state, you must simply apply for Cintex Wireless’ Emergency Broadband Benefit and receive free services and a free device.
How To Apply For A Cintex Wireless Free iPhone
If you are EBB-eligible you can apply for a Cintex Wireless free iPhone. In order to do so, simply follow the easy steps below.
- Step 1: Prepare all the information and copies of the required documents that you will be asked to provide during the application process, including:
- Your full legal name
- Your date of birth
- Your address
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security number or Tribal Identification number
- Participation-based applicants must submit a document proving their current participation in an assistance program – for example, a copy of a membership card or a cover letter issued by the organization
- Low income-based applicants must provide one or more of the following documents: a copy of last year’s State or Federal income tax return, three of your latest pay stubs, Social Security benefits statement, Divorce decree or child support document, Retirement/Pension benefits statement, Veterans Administration benefits statement, Unemployment/Workers Compensation benefits statement
- Step 2: Once you have gathered all the necessary information and documents, you can visit Cintex Wireless’ official website at apply.cintexwireless.com/. This is where you can apply for their EBB program. You will immediately see two boxes. Enter both your ZIP code and your email address and press ‘Sign up now!’.
- Step 3: Assuming that you are a resident of a participating state, you will be automatically redirected to their online application form, where you will be able to begin your application process. The process consists of 4 main stages – personal information, eligibility, phones and plans, and preview. Simply provide all the required data and documents and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the form.
- Step 4: In case you have provided all the information, documentation, and that you are EBB-eligible, you will be informed shortly. You can expect to receive your free iPhone or Android smartphone in a couple of days.
What Kind Of iPhones Does Cintex Wireless Offer For Free?
Currently, Cintex Wireless offers the following smartphones to their EBB-eligible customers completely free of charge:
- LG Stylo 4
- Motorola E5
- LG M150
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Apple iPhone 6 16 GB
Note: The offer may change in time and the device you get may depend on the state and availability. In addition, as is the case with all Lifeline and EBB providers, you won’t be able to choose the exact device you wish to receive yourself. Instead, the provider will send you a free device depending on availability.
What Are The Affordable Plans Of Cintex Wireless
Cintex Wireless offers a single free Lifeline plan, as well as Top Up plans, which allow you to add more data to your basic Lifeline plan.
Cintex free Lifeline plan
The Cintex Wireless free government plan comes with:
- Free unlimited minutes
- Free unlimited texts
- Free 4.5 GB of data
The free government service also includes:
- Nationwide calling
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- 3-way calling
- Free 911 calls
- Text and picture messaging
- The ability to connect to Wi-Fi
You can learn more about their Lifeline plan at cintexwireless.com/lifeline-plans.
Cintex Top Up plans
When it comes to top-up options, Cintex allows you to add minutes, data, or bundles of both.
- Add unlimited minutes for $5 for 30 service days to call and text all across the U.S.
- Add 500 MB of high-speed data for $5 (30 service days)
- Add 2 GB of high-speed data for $20 (30 service days)
- Add 3 GB of high-speed data access at their fastest 4G LTE speeds for $25 (30 service days)
- Add 4 GB of high-speed data access at their fastest 4G LTE speeds for $30 (30 service days)
- Add 5 GB of high-speed data access at their fastest 4G LTE speeds for $35 (30 service days)
- Add unlimited talk and 500 MB of data for $10 (30 service days)
- Add unlimited talk and 1 GB of data for $15 (30 service days)
- Add unlimited talk and 2 GB of data for $25 (30 service days)
- Add unlimited talk and 3 GB of data for $30 (30 service days)
- Add unlimited talk and 4 GB of data for $35 (30 service days)
- Add unlimited talk and 5 GB of data for $40 (30 service days)
- Add unlimited talk and unlimited high-speed data for $45 (30 service days)
You can learn more about their Top Up plans at cintexwireless.com/topup-refills.
Alternative Ways To Get Free iPhones
In addition to getting a free iPhone from Cintex Wireless, there are also some other alternative ways to get a free iPhone, including:
- Getting a carrier deal for a free iPhone (you will probably have to sign a contract with the carrier)
- Getting a free iPhone by becoming a free marketing agent
- Getting a free iPhone by becoming a reviewer
- Getting a free iPhone by entering a giveaway contest
- Getting a free iPhone via Amazon Vine
In case you are unable to get an iPhone completely free of charge, you can opt for an iPhone with a discounted price tag. You can get a discounted iPhone by:
- Getting a carrier deal
- Getting a store discount
- Purchasing a refurbished or pre-owned device
Cintex Wireless iPhone Activation Process
Once you receive your free Cintex Wireless iPhone (or another smartphone), you will have to activate it. Luckily, activating your free cell phone at Cintex is as simple as it can get.
You can activate your free Cintex Wireless phone with just 1 easy step – simply make an activation call!
Once you receive your free device (and your free activation SIM kit), simply place your Cintex SIM card into your Cintex free phone. Then, place a call to 611 and press option ‘3’. You will receive a text message saying that your Cintex phone has been successfully activated. Once you receive this message, you can start using your Cintex phone and service.
Some Cintex phones will come already activated. In this case, you will receive a text message saying that your phone has already been activated.
In case you have any questions regarding the activation process, the application process, the eligibility criteria, or anything else, you can contact Cintex Wireless’ customer service by phone at +1 (855)655-3097 (available Monday to Friday from 8 am to 8 pm CST) or via email at [email protected].
Cintex Wireless Others Thing You Should Know
What Service Does Cintex Wireless Use?
Cintex Wireless offers mobile broadband Internet access service using T-Mobile’s nationwide network.
Can I Put My Cintex Wireless SIM Card on Another Phone?
Yes, Cintex Wireless offers a bring your own phone (BYOP) program, which allows customers to bring a compatible mobile device and use it with their services. As such, you can put your Cintex Wireless in any other compatible device.
What Other Free Phones Does Cintex Wireless Offer?
In addition to Apple iPhone 6, Cintex Wireless currently also offers the following Android smartphones: LG Stylo 4, Motorola E5, LG M150, and Samsung Galaxy S7.
Can I Upgrade My Cintex Wireless iPhone?
Yes, you can upgrade your free Cintex Wireless iPhone or Android phone and receive another device for a discounted price. You can see Cintex’s upgrade options at cintexwireless.com/phones.
Does Cintex Wireless Have Hotspot?
No, Cintex Wireless doesn’t have a hotspot.
Can I Add Minutes on Cintex Wireless Phone?
Yes, you can add minutes by purchasing a Top Up plan.