What Is Cloud Mobile?
Cloud Mobile USA is a company that offers affordable, quality technology, including Wi-Fi hotspots, feature phones, and tablets, to people who need it most but may not be able to afford it. The company provides low-cost and free connected devices which help low-income customers stay in touch with work, school, vital medical services, emergency services, and more.
What Services Does Cloud Mobile Provide?
Cloud Mobile is not a wireless provider that offers phone or internet services. As such, the company is not a participating Lifeline and/or Affordable Connectivity Program participant.
Note: Lifeline is a government assistance program designed to help make communications services more affordable for low-income households. It provides a discount of up to $9.25 (or $34.25 for eligible Tribal households) on monthly phone or wireless services and in some cases, it provides free smartphones. The Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP, on the other hand, is a government benefit program that provides discounts of up to $30 ($75 for eligible Tribal households) on monthly internet services and in some cases, on connected devices (tablets, laptops, or desktop computers).
Instead of offering services and Lifeline/ACP discounts, the company offers low-cost or even free Wi-Fi hotspots, mobile phones, and tablets. Cloud Mobile provides affordable connected devices directly to low-income customers and households and to certain wireless providers that participate in the government Lifeline/ACP assistance program, such as TruConnect. Low-income customers who qualify for the assistance programs may receive free tablets or other connected devices as well as free or discounted monthly services from Lifeline/ACP providers.
What Are the Basic Specifications of the Cloud Mobile Tablet?
Currently, Cloud Mobile only offers one tablet model – the Sunshine T1 for $0.00.
This reliable, high-quality, and powerful 4G LTE tablet from Cloud Mobile has the following specifications:
- Android Oreo 11 GO Edition Operating System
- 1.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- 8-inch WXGA touchscreen display
- 800 x 1280 pixel resolution
- 5.0 MP rear (main) camera
- 2.0 MP front (selfie) camera
- 16 GB of internal storage
- 1 GB of RAM
- Dual SIM slots
Is It Possible to Get a Free Tablet From Cloud Mobile?
Even though Cloud Mobile only offers devices, not services, and even though it does not participate in the government-funded Lifeline and/or Affordable Connectivity Program, the company still offers free or low-cost tablets (as well as classic flip phones and smartphones) to low-income customers.
You can see the entire list of Cloud Mobile free or low-cost devices at cloudmobileusa.com. You can see and purchase the tablet that is currently available at Cloud Mobile at cloudmobileusa.com/products/p/sunshine-t1.
In addition, certain Lifeline and/or ACP providers, such as TruConnect may also offer free tablets or mobile devices from Cloud Mobile.
What if I Want to Get Cloud Mobile Tablet?
If you wish to receive a Cloud Mobile tablet, you can certainly do so.
One way to receive it is to purchase it on Cloud Mobile’s official website at cloudmobileusa.com/products/p/sunshine-t1. On their website, this product is currently free of charge.
You can also check with your local electronic retailers and ask if any of them offers Cloud Mobile tablets.
In addition, some Lifeline and ACP providers may also offer free Cloud Mobile tablets to Lifeline and/or ACP-eligible customers. However, as most Lifeline and/or ACP providers usually don’t reveal which tablet brands and models they offer, it may be difficult to make sure exactly what kind of a device you will receive in advance. Your best bet to get a clue may be to review the list of ACP providers in your state of residence at fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program-providers, note which ones offer connected devices (the providers that have a tick under ‘Offering Connected Devices’), and contact each one of them to ask if the offer Cloud Mobile tablets.
Note: Not all ACP providers that offer connected devices offer tablets. Some of them provide laptops, desktop computers, or even smartphones instead).
How to Get Cloud Mobile Free Tablets?
As mentioned above, there are multiple ways to get a Cloud Mobile free tablet.
One way is to simply purchase it at Cloud Mobile’s official website. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Visit cloudmobileusa.com/products/p/sunshine-t1.
- Review the specification, select the quantity, and press ‘Add to Cart’.
- Press the ‘cart’ icon at the bottom of the page.
- Press ‘Checkout’.
- Enter your email address, your shipping information, your payment information, and finally, review your order and purchase the device.
- You will receive the receipt and other notifications at the email address you have provided.
The second way is to receive it from an ACP provider. To get a tablet from an ACP provider, you must qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program. A household is ACP-eligible if any of the household members meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Participates in a qualifying Federal Assistance Program, such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Participates in a qualifying Tribal Assistance Program, such as:
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Has an annual household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The guideline depends on your household size and state. See the table that reflects the income limits at acpbenefit.org/do-i-qualify.
Which Document Is Required for ACP and lifeline Application for Cloud Mobile Tablet?
In order to purchase a Cloud Mobile tablet directly from the provider’s website, you won’t be required to provide any documents. You will only be required to provide some personal information to complete the purchase.
In order to receive a Cloud Mobile tablet for free from an ACP provider, on the other hand, you may be required to submit certain documents that prove your ACP eligibility. After all, only ACP-eligible people and households can qualify to receive ACP discounts on services and connected devices. Depending on your eligibility criteria, you may be asked to provide any of the following documents:
To prove that you or any of your household members participate in a qualifying federal assistance program, Tribal specific program, the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program, or have received a Federal Pell Grant, you may need to submit an official document that includes your (or the dependent’s) full legal name, the name of the qualifying program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months or a future expiration date. Acceptable documents include:
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- School documentation
To prove that your annual household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you may need to provide an official document that includes your (or the dependent’s) full legal name and annual income. Acceptable documents include:
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
During the application process, you may also be asked to verify your identity, address, or age. In order to do so, you may need to provide an official, unexpired document that includes your full legal name and date of birth or your physical address. Acceptable documents include:
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
As only people who are older than 18 years and emancipated minors can participate, emancipated minors will also be required to provide an official document, such as a court document or certificate of emancipation that proves their emancipated minor status.
How to Apply for a Cloud Mobile Tablet Through Lifeline and ACP?
Applying for a Cloud Mobile tablet through an Affordable Connectivity Program provider or a provider that offers a combined Lifeline and ACP assistance program is easy, regardless of the provider, as they all have similar application processes. The typical enrollment process includes the following steps:
- Step 1: Find an ACP or Lifeline + ACP provider in your state of residence that offers Cloud Mobile tablets. You can see a list of all ACP providers in your state at fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program-providers. Note which ones offer connected devices and keep in mind that not all connected devices are tablets. In addition, as most ACP providers do not reveal which tablet brands and models they provide in advance, it is difficult to be certain if you will receive a Cloud Mobile tablet or a device from another brand.
- Step 2: If you manage to find a government assistance program provider that offers Cloud Mobile tablets, make sure that you qualify for its program.
- Step 3: Collect the documents that prove your eligibility and that you may need to submit.
- Step 4: Visit the provider’s website and find its online application. Fill it out by providing all the personal information and documentation that shows your eligibility. Submit the application. If you are unable to find an online application, you can contact the provider’s customer service and ask how to apply for a Cloud Mobile tablet through the company’s Lifeline and/or ACP program.
- Step 5: Receive a confirmation email within a couple of days. If your application gets approved, you will receive your free Cloud Mobile tablet in a matter of days, depending on availability. Then, simply enjoy the device and the free service that also comes with a Lifeline and/or ACP program.
On the other, to get a Cloud Mobile tablet through the company’s official website, you don’t have to apply for it. Instead, you can simply add it to your cart and purchase it online.
What Other Plans Can I Get With the Cloud Mobile Free Tablet?
When purchasing a Cloud Mobile tablet through Cloud’s official website, you can also purchase any of their other affordable devices, such as flip phones, smartphones, or hotspots.
When applying for a Cloud Mobile free tablet through a Lifeline and/or ACP provider, on the other hand, you will automatically receive a list of other great government assistance benefits in addition to the free device.
Most ACP providers also offer free or discounted monthly internet service plans.
Most ACP + Lifeline providers also offer free monthly phone or wireless plans with free talk minutes, free text messages, and a certain amount (limited or unlimited) of free data. The exact amount of these benefits depends on the provider and the state.
Note that instead of free government tablets, ACP and Lifeline + ACP providers may also offer you a free laptop, desktop, or smartphone. The connected device you may receive depends on the provider, the location, and availability.
How Do I Know if I Am Eligible for Cloud Mobile ACP and Lifeline Program?
You can check your eligibility by reviewing the ACP eligibility criteria listed in the section ‘How to Get Cloud Mobile Free Tablets?’. Doing so will give you an idea of whether or not you qualify.
However, to make absolutely sure that you are eligible for the ACP program that offers free government tablets, you can check by applying at the National Verifier at checklifeline.org/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true. If eligible, you will receive an ID code, which you will be able to use when applying at any ACP service provider in your state of residence.
Are There Any Restrictions for Cloud Mobile Lifeline and ACP?
The government-funded Lifeline and ACP programs have certain rules and restrictions, which must be followed by all the subscribers who wish to obtain the benefits. These restrictions are universal for all Lifeline and ACP providers and they include:
- Only Lifeline/ACP-eligible households and individuals can participate in the Lifeline/ACP assistance program.
- Lifeline/ACP benefits are limited to one per eligible household.
- Lifeline/ACP benefits are non-transferable – they cannot be transferred to another eligible household or individual.
- Each provider only offers Lifeline/ACP benefits to eligible residents of the states where they operate.
- To apply, a subscriber must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
- Subscribers can only receive Lifeline/ACP benefits from one provider at a time. However, they can switch to another provider if they wish to do so.
- If a subscriber is no longer eligible, he or she must notify the provider within 30 days.
- If a subscriber changes his or her address, he or she must notify the provider within 30 days.
- To continue receiving the benefits, the provider must use them at least once every 30 days.
Cloud Mobile Tablet Related FAQs
Which Model of Tablet Does Cloud Mobile Offer for Free?
Currently, Cloud Mobile only offers one tablet model for free – the Sunshine T1. You can see and purchase the device at cloudmobileusa.com/products/p/sunshine-t1.
How Good Are Cloud Mobile Services?
Cloud Mobile does not offer services. Instead, the company offers affordable, quality electronic devices, including Wi-Fi hotspots, flip phones, smartphones, and tablets.
Can I Replace a Cloud Mobile Tablet if Not Working or Damaged?
If you have received a damaged device, you can replace it for free. On the other hand, if the device breaks, especially due to misuse, you will have to pay for a new device. Either way, if you experience any issues with your Cloud Mobile tablet or another device, if the device is not working, is damaged, broken, got lost, or stolen, make sure to contact the company’s customer service as soon as possible. The provider’s customer support service is also available for any other questions that you may have. To get in touch, simply go to cloudmobileusa.com/contact-us and fill out the contact form.