Easy Wireless is a U.S.-based reliable and popular Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) service provider. Lifeline and ACP-eligible customers can apply for the provider’s new government benefit program and claim their free government smartphone service with unlimited talk, text, data, and hotspot. Qualifying customers may even receive a free smartphone and an 8-inch tablet (subject to availability and eligibility).
In this article, you will find out all there is to know about the Easy Wireless ACP program. You will learn how to qualify, how to sign up, the benefits of Easy Wireless ACP, the program limitations and restrictions, and much more.
In Which States Is Easy Wireless ACP Offered?
Easy Wireless is a nationwide service provider that offers its services in many U.S. states. Easy Wireless ACP program is available to eligible customers in the following states:
- Arkansas (offers both ACP and Lifeline)
- Kentucky (offers both ACP and Lifeline)
- Missouri (offers both ACP and Lifeline)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Oklahoma (offers both ACP and Lifeline)
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
Read more and see the map of eligible states at myeasywireless.com/acp-only-plan.
How to Qualify for the Easy Wireless ACP (New Customers)
In this section, you will find out how to qualify for the Easy Wireless ACP as a new customer. But first, let’s find out more about the Easy Wireless ACP.
The Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP is a brand new government assistance program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, education, healthcare, and other needs. The program provides discounts on monthly broadband internet service and certain connected devices. While many ACP providers only offer discounts on monthly services, Easy Wireless offers both types of discounts. Easy Wireless provides the ACP benefits through the support received from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The program is available to eligible households since December 31, 2021, and as it is a long-term program, you don’t have to worry about losing the benefits any time soon.
Easy Wireless ACP offers a free ACP service plan with unlimited talk, text, data, and more. It is a non-transferrable program limited to one per qualifying household. Read more about this FCC benefit program at fcc.gov/acp.
To receive the Easy Wireless ACP benefit, you must be ACP-eligible, regardless of whether you are a new or existing customer. Now, let’s see who qualifies. To qualify for ACP, you must meet one or more of the following eligibility criteria determined by the FCC:
A household is ACP-eligible if it has an annual income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
A household is ACP-eligible if a family member participates in one or more of the following government assistance programs:
- Medicaid / Medi-Cal
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) / Cal-Fresh
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pensions or Survivors Pension Benefit
A household is also ACP-eligible if it is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program or if it has received a Pell Grant during the current award year.
Tribal program-based eligibility
A household is ACP-eligible if a family member participates in one or more of the following Tribal assistance programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
ACP eligibility is determined by the FCC, therefore it is universal for all ACP providers. Your eligibility will be determined by the Universal Service Administrative Company’s National Verifier and National Lifeline Accountability Database or an alternative verification process approved by the FCC.
What Documents Are Required to Apply for Easy Wireless ACP
During your Easy Wireless ACP application process, the provider may ask you to provide certain documents that verify your identity and prove your eligibility (if the provider is unable to do so automatically). You will have the opportunity to attach digital copies of the documents during the online application process. However, you can also send them by mail. Make sure not to send blurry or dark copies and to never submit original documents. Instead, make copies of the documents using a copy machine, scanner, camera, or smartphone.
The exact documents that you may be asked to provide depend on your eligibility criteria. For example, Easy Wireless may ask you to provide any of the following:
- An official document proving your participation in qualifying government assistance programs. The document must include your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months. Documentation examples: benefit award letter, approval letter, statement of benefits, or a benefit verification letter.
- An official document that shows that your annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The document must include your full name and your annual income. Documentation examples: prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub, a Social Security statement of benefits, Veterans Administration statement of benefits, Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, divorce decree, child support award, or a retirement/pension statement of benefits.
- An official document that verifies your identity. The document must include your full name and date of birth. Documentation examples: a valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID, birth certificate, U.S. driver’s license, passport, certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization, permanent resident card or Green Card, government assistance program document, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document.
- An official document that verifies your address. It must include your full name and your physical address. Documentation examples: driver’s license, valid government, state, or Tribal ID, utility bill, mortgage or lease statement, or most recent W-2 or tax return.
Only people who are 18 years old or more and emancipated minors can apply for the Easy Wireless ACP program. As such, emancipated minors may also be asked to provide an official document proving their emancipated minor status, such as a court document or the certificate of emancipation.
How Do I Apply/Sign Up for Easy Wireless ACP
Easy Wireless has made the Easy Wireless ACP application process as simple as possible. All you have to do is to follow the steps below. Before you begin your application process, make sure you are ACP eligible. See the ACP eligibility criteria above (section ‘How to Qualify for the Easy Wireless ACP (New Customers)’). Also, make sure you are a resident of one of the states where Easy Wireless offers its services and ACP benefits. See the Easy Wireless ACP states in the section ‘In Which States Is Easy Wireless ACP Offered?’.
- Step 1: Visit myeasywireless.com/how-to-sign-up.
- Step 2: Enter your email on the email line in the provided box.
- Step 3: Enter your ZIP code on the second line.
- Step 4: Press the orange ‘Enroll Now’ button to see if you qualify and to redirect you to the provider’s online application. Fill out the form by entering all the required information and attaching the attached documentation.
- Step 5: Expect to receive a confirmation email from Easy Wireless. It may take a couple of days for them to review the form and to let you know whether or not your application has been successful. Once you receive an email with further instructions, enjoy the Easy Wireless ACP benefits and discounts.
Note: This application process is applicable for new customers. Existing customers can also apply for Easy Wireless ACP. You can find out how to do so in the next section.
Can I Join Easy Wireless ACP if I Am Already an Easy Wireless Customer?
Easy Wireless ACP is not only available for new Easy Wireless customers, but for existing ones as well. Indeed, existing Easy Wireless customers can also join Easy Wireless ACP, however, the application process is only slightly different.
How Can Existing Customers Join the Easy Wireless ACP
If you are an existing Easy Wireless customer and you wish to join the new Easy Wireless ACP program, you can easily do so by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Visit myeasywireless.com/affordable-connectivity-program-opt-in.
- Step 2: To add the ACP benefits to your account, fill out the short application form on the website. Enter your first name, last name, email, Easy Wireless phone number, and accept the provider’s terms and conditions.
- Step 3: Once you do all that, press ‘Opt-In Now’.
- Step 4: Expect to receive a notification email shortly. Enjoy your ACP discounts.
What Are the Benefits if I Am Qualified for the Easy Wireless ACP
Easy Wireless is one of the most popular Lifeline and ACP providers in the country. Why? Well, simply because the Easy Wireless ACP program offers lots of great benefits. Some of the best benefits of Easy Wireless ACP depend on the plan you choose.
ACP-eligible customers can get the Easy Wireless ACP Only Plan. Benefits include:
- Free talk and text
- Free 5 GB data
- A free smartphone
ACP-eligible customers on Tribal lands can get the Easy Wireless Tribal ACP Only Plan. Benefits include:
- Free talk and text
- Free unlimited data (27.5 GB of high-speed data)
- A free smartphone
Additional services included in both ACP Only Plans are: voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, three-way calling, text and picture messaging, free 911 emergency services, free 411 directory assistance, free 611 customer care support, and free domestic roaming. Read more about Easy Wireless ACP Only Plans at myeasywireless.com/acp-only-plan.
ACP and Lifeline-eligible customers can get one of the following three plans. As ACP eligibility is based on the same qualifying programs as Lifeline, many ACP-eligible customers can also qualify for Lifeline. Having both Easy Wireless ACP and Lifeline discounts will get you even greater benefits. Lifeline and ACP plans include:
- Unlimited Plan (free monthly service with Lifeline and ACP). The plan offers free unlimited talk, text, data, and a free smartphone.
- Plus Plan (free monthly service with ACP). The plan offers free unlimited talk, text, 5 GB of data, and a free smartphone.
- Base plan (free monthly service with Lifeline). The plan offers 1000 talk minutes, free text, 25 MB of data, and a smartphone for $25.
Additional services included in all Lifeline and ACP Plans are: voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, three-way calling, text and picture messaging, free 911 emergency services, free 411 directory assistance, free 611 customer care support, and free domestic roaming. Read more about Easy Wireless Lifeline and ACP Plans at myeasywireless.com/lifeline-acp-plans.
Are There Any Restrictions for the Easy Wireless ACP and Lifeline Program?
Like all Lifeline and ACP programs, the Easy Wireless ACP and Lifeline programs also come with certain restrictions and limitations.
- Easy Wireless ACP and Lifeline programs are only available to ACP and Lifeline-eligible customers and households.
- Only one ACP and/or Lifeline benefit is available per eligible household. Violation of this rule will result in de-enrollment from the program.
- Households are not allowed to receive benefits from multiple providers.
- Easy Wireless ACP and Lifeline are non-transferrable.
- The address provided for the phone service must be the customer’s current place of residence and issued in the name of the qualified customer.
- You must use your monthly service at least once a month, otherwise the benefit will be suspended.
- If a customer is no longer eligible, they must notify the provider within 30 days.
- Easy Wireless participation is subject to the provider’s terms and conditions located at myeasywireless.com/terms-of-use.
What Should I Do if My Easy Wireless Phone Breaks Within the First Few Weeks?
Your Easy Wireless smartphone will come with a 48-hour warranty from the company. In case you experience an equipment malfunction (not caused by your misuse of the device), you can call the provider’s customer care service at 611 or 1-877-476-3451. Once you do so, the provider will send you to the closest Easy Wireless store and there, you will receive a replacement handset or ask the representative to send one to your address.
After 48 hours, you can get a $20 discount on replacement phones by the provider. The price of the replacement phone depends on the model. Easy Wireless smartphone prices start at $20. To review the company’s replacement policy, visit myeasywireless.com/terms-of-use.
Does Easy Wireless Offer Free Tablet Under ACP Program?
Yes. Qualifying customers can get an 8-inch tablet for only $10.99. This is a limited-time offer subject to availability and Lifeline and ACP eligibility.
Can I Combine Easy Wireless ACP With the Lifeline Program?
Yes. Combining both Easy Wireless ACP and Lifeline will get you more amazing benefits. You will be able to receive free unlimited talk, text, data, a smartphone, a discounted tablet, and more.
What if I Already Have Lifeline?
In case you already have Lifeline benefits with another provider, you can easily switch to Easy Wireless. Simply visit myeasywireless.com/affordable-connectivity-program, click the ‘Sign Up Now’ button below, provide your information, and you will be automatically transferred to Easy Wireless.
Can I Apply Easy Wireless ACP if I Don’t Have an Email Address?
No. To complete the Easy Wireless ACP or Lifeline application online, you will be required to provide a working email address.
Do I Need to Sign a Contract for Easy Wireless ACP?
No, at Easy Wireless you won’t have to sign a contract or pay any hidden fees.
What Should I Do if I Move or Have a Change of Address?
In case you move or change your address, you are required to update your address within 30 days. First, update your address with the National Verifier. Then, contact Easy Wireless by calling 611 or 1-877-476-3451. Tell the representative that you wish to update your address and he/she will help you immediately.