What Is the Difference Between enTouch Wireless Lifeline and enTouch Wireless ACP
enTouch Wireless is a wireless service provider that offers free government cell phone service for qualifying individuals and households. The company is a popular Lifeline provider. Since the new Affordable Connectivity Program (which has replaced the old Emergency Broadband Benefit) was launched on December 31, 2021, enTouch Wireless also offers Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) discounts and benefits.
enTouch Wireless ACP and Lifeline are similar programs, however, there are certain differences between the two. Lifeline is a permanent program by the FCC designed to support affordable access to essential communications services. The ACP, on the other hand, is a new program that offers additional support to make broadband services more affordable for households in need.
An eligible customer can get both Lifeline and ACP benefits. These benefits can be combined and applied to the same service plan or applied to different service plans.
In Which States Is enTouch Wireless ACP Offered?
Currently, enTouch Wireless offers both Lifeline and ACP service in 34 U.S. states. These states include:
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
enTouch Wireless ACP and Lifeline services depend on the state. Services and benefits are not available in all U.S. states. In addition, the offer and list of benefits vary by state. You can find out exactly what kind of benefits you may receive in your state of residence and get more state-specific info at entouchwireless.com/state-specific-information.
Note: To receive enTouch Wireless ACP or Lifeline benefits in the first place, you must be a resident of one of the states listed above.
What Benefits and Service Plans Does enTouch Wireless Offer With the ACP Discount?
The Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP is a government benefit program by the FCC that offers discounts on monthly broadband internet service and certain connected devices.
The ACP provides discounts on monthly internet services (up to $30 a month for eligible households on non-Tribal lands and up to $75 a month for eligible households on qualifying Tribal lands). It also offers a one-time discount of up to $100 on some connected devices (with a co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50).
You can apply your ACP benefits and discounts to any available enTouch Wireless service plan. These are the ACP plans offered by enTouch Wireless:
ACP + Lifeline Plan Offerings
- California Tribal ACP + Lifeline Combined Service Plan. It comes with unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited data.
- California Non-Tribal ACP + Lifeline Combined Service Plan. It comes with unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited data.
- Other (Non-CA) States Tribal ACP + Lifeline Combined Service Plan: It offers unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited data.
- Other (Non-CA) States Non-Tribal ACP + Lifeline Combined Service Plan: It offers unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 10 GB of data.
ACP Only Plan Offerings
- California Tribal ACP Only Plan. It comes with unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 14 GB of data.
- California Non-Tribal ACP Only Plan. It comes with unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 8 GB of data.
- Other (Non-CA) States Tribal ACP Only Plan: It offers unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 15.5 GB of data.
- Other (Non-CA) States Non-Tribal ACP Only Plan: It offers unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 5.5 GB of data.
enTouch Wireless ACP-eligible customers may also receive a free smartphone.
How to Qualify for the enTouch Wireless ACP?
To qualify for the enTouch Wireless ACP discount, you must be ACP-eligible. ACP eligibility criteria are determined by the FCC and are thus universal for all ACP providers. A household is ACP-eligible if a member of the household meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Has an annual income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (depending on the household size).
- Participates in a qualifying government assistance program, such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutritional Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program (or the school breakfast program).
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s qualifying low-income program.
Households located on qualifying Tribal lands have some additional ACP eligibility criteria in addition to the criteria above. They are also ACP eligible if a member of the household meets one or more of the criteria below:
- Receives Tribal TANF (Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
- Receives Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Participates in the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Participates in Head Start (this only applies for households that also meet the income criteria).
Each customer’s ACP eligibility will be determined by the USAC’s National Verifier and National Lifeline Accountability Database, or an alternative verification process approved by the FCC.
What Documents Are Required for enTouch Wireless ACP
enTouch Wireless clearly states that only qualified consumers with documentation proving their eligibility may enroll in the enTouch Wireless ACP program. Depending on your eligibility criteria, enTouch Wireless may ask you to prove your ACP eligibility by providing some of the documents listed below:
- A document that verifies your identity, such as a valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID, birth certificate, U.S. driver’s license, passport, certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization, permanent resident card or Green Card, government assistance program document, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document, or another official document that includes your full legal name and date of birth.
- A document that verifies your address, such as a driver’s license, valid government, state, or Tribal ID, utility bill, mortgage or lease statement, most recent W-2 or tax return, or another official document that includes your full name and your current physical address.
- A document that proves that your annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, such as a prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub, a Social Security statement of benefits, Veterans Administration statement of benefits, Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, divorce decree, child support award, a retirement/pension statement of benefits, or another official document that includes your full name and your annual income.
- A document that proves your participation in a qualifying government benefit program, such as a benefit award letter, statement of benefits, approval letter, a benefit verification letter, or another official document that includes your full name, the name of the program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months.
In addition, as only people who are 18 years old or more and emancipated minors can apply, emancipated minors must also provide a document that proves their emancipated minor status, such as a certificate of emancipation or a court document.
You can submit your documents online or by mail. Make sure to never submit originals. Instead, submit copies made with a copy machine, scanner, camera, or smartphone.
How Can I Determine if I’m Eligible and Sign Up?
You can probably determine your eligibility by reviewing the ACP eligibility criteria listed in the section ‘How to Qualify for the enTouch Wireless ACP?’.
If you are not sure if you qualify, you can confirm your ACP eligibility at the National Verifier at acpbenefit.org.
If it turns out that you are in fact ACP-eligible, you can sign up for enTouch service and ACP benefits. Learn how exactly you can apply for the enTouch Wireless ACP program in the following chapter.
How Do I Apply/Sign Up for enTouch Wireless ACP?
To apply to the enTouch Wireless ACP, simply follow the easy steps below:
- Step 1: Visit entouchwireless.com/affordable-connectivity-program.
- Step 2: Press ‘Enroll Today’.
- Step 3: Choose your state.
- Step 4: Choose your plan.
- Step 5: Fill out the provider’s online application form by providing the required information and documentation.
- Step 6: Wait for a confirmation email and enjoy your ACP benefit.
You can also apply for enTouch Wireless ACP at acpbenefit.org or by calling 888-294-9465.
Are There Any Restrictions for the enTouch Wireless ACP?
The enTouch Wireless ACP program is a government assistance program by the FCC. As any government assistance program, this one too comes with a list of strict rules and restrictions, including:
- enTouch Wireless ACP benefits are only available to ACP-eligible customers and households. See the ACP-eligibility criteria in the section ‘How to Qualify for the enTouch Wireless ACP?’.
- The ACP monthly service and the one-time device discount are limited to one per eligible household.
- The ACP monthly service and device discounts can’t be transferred to another individual or household.
- An eligible household can receive ACP benefits from any participating provider of your choosing. Your monthly service discounts can be transferred to another provider at any time. However, you cannot receive benefits from multiple providers.
- enTouch Wireless ACP services and devices are subject to consumer eligibility, provider participation, state, product availability, and approval by the FCC or USAC.
- You must use your monthly service at least once a month (make or answer a voice call, send a text message, use data, purchase minutes, or respond to direct contact from the provider at least once a month), otherwise you will be de-enrolled from the program.
- If you are no longer ACP-eligible, you must notify the provider within 30 days.
Can I Choose My ACP Provider?
Yes. You can receive ACP benefits from any participating provider and you can transfer your monthly service benefit to another provider at any time.
How Long Will the ACP Last?
The ACP benefit is subject to funding availability from the FCC, provider participation, location, and consumer eligibility. In case the FCC funding gets exhausted, enTouch Wireless will discontinue its ACP service offers. If so, the provider will notify you and revert to its standard free Lifeline plan if you are eligible. You will also be offered to choose another service plan by paying the applicable full rate. The provider’s terms and conditions will apply.
If I Already Receive Lifeline Benefits, Will I Automatically Receive the ACP Benefits?
No. To receive the ACP benefits, you must opt-in and select an eligible ACP service plan.
What Is enTouch Wireless Account Activity Requirement?
To continue receiving your enTouch Wireless ACP benefits, you must either make or answer a voice call message, send a text message, use data, purchase minutes, or respond to direct contact from us at least once during any 30-day period.
When Can I Sign Up for the ACP?
Since the ACP program was launched on December 31, 2021, you can sign up for the benefit at any time.
What if I Received the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
If you received the now-expired EBB benefit, you will receive a text message about ACP terms and conditions. The transition period from EBB to ACP will last from December 31, 2021, to March 1, 2022. During this time, you can continue receiving your EBB discounts.
Can I Disconnect My Service at Any Time?
Yes. You won’t be required to sign a contract to get enTouch Wireless ACP benefits. As such, you will be able to disconnect your service or transfer it to another provider at any time.