enTouch Wireless is a national, wireless phone company operating on the premier 4G LTE network. They promise to help empower people to lead better lives through digital citizenship. They help by giving their clients as much broadband data as they can in all their plans.
As the title suggests, they also take part in the Lifeline Assistance program and offer FREE monthly plans to households that qualify. Currently enTouch Wireless doesn’t offer FREE phones, they do allow you to bring your own device or upgrade to smartphone devices of your choice.
Herein we will cover all the details that will help you decide if enTouch Wireless is the right choice for you and how to proceed if you were to explore their free plans.
We will also present you with their BYOD option and currently available devices that can be yours at very affordable prices.
How to Get enTouch Wireless Free Phone from Government
As mentioned above, enTouch currently doesn’t offer FREE phones, they do, however, offer free plans that can be yours if you are eligible for the Lifeline Assistance, and if you are located in any of the following states below
Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. For more info about free government phone please visit Government free phone
In this section, we will cover all the details concerning the Lifeline Program and how to apply it with enTouch Wireless.
enTouch Wireless Free Phone Lifeline Eligibility
There are two ways to get an enTouch Wireless FREE plan:
- LOW INCOME: There is a 135% poverty threshold that must be met – all households that are at or below that bar can get the Lifeline support. For more info about Low-income free phone visit Free government phone for low income
- PARTICIPATION in any of the programs listed below. Only a single household member must participate in one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Tribal head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
To apply, you must provide the exact set of information and copies of certain documents.
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number (or Tribal identification number)
- Regarding PARTICIPATION you will need to submit a document proving that participation – a copy of a member’s card or a cover letter issued by the organization.
- Regarding LOW INCOME, you will need to provide proof as well; here are accepted documents:
- A copy of last year’s State or Federal income tax return
- Three consecutive months’ worth of your most current pay stubs
- Social Security benefits statement
- Veterans Administration benefits statement
- Retirement/Pension benefits statement
- Divorce decree or child support document
- Unemployment/Workers Compensation benefits statement
How to Apply for an enTouch Wireless Free Phone
The easiest way to do so is online, where it takes only 4 simple steps:
- Visit https://www.entouchwireless.com/lifeline and click the “APPLY NOW” button
- Fill out the application online (it only takes 2-3 minutes)
- Take a photo of your government-issued photo ID & upload it into the application
- Take a photo of your eligibility document & upload it into the application
Another way to apply is by mail. In this case, you will need to send copies of all the documents and of course print out and fill in the application, which you can find at https://www.entouchwireless.com/lifeline/paper-application (click on the one that corresponds to your state). Then send all the documentation to PO Box 37, Hiawatha, IA 52233.
If you have any questions, call enTouch Wireless support at 1-866-488-8719.
enTouch Wireless Plans
enTouch Wireless operates in various states and they all follow the same plan options, unless California, which has its own version of the Lifeline Assistance program. Below you can find the details concerning all plans available for free at enTouch Wireless.
Standard Lifeline Plan (Non-California Citizens):
This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, 1000 minutes, and 100MB of 4G data.
Tribal Lifeline Plan (Non-California Citizens):
This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and 1.5GB of 4G data.
Standard Lifeline Plan (California Citizens):
This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and 0.5GB of 4G data.
Tribal Lifeline Plan (California Citizens):
This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and 2.5GB of 4G data.
Paid enTouch Wireless Plans:
- $20 Plan: Unlimited Talk & Text, 1/2 GIG 4G Data
- $30 Plan: Unlimited Talk & Text, 1 GIG 4G Data
- $50 Plan: Unlimited Talk, Text, & 4G Data
NOTE all three paid plans are currently available with a $10 monthly discount.
3 Best Phones at enTouch Wireless
If you are looking for a wireless provider that will provide you with a FREE device, enTouch Wireless isn’t the right place. Currently, they don’t offer FREE devices in any area. They do, however, offer three smartphones that you can purchase.
$50 Android Device
The most affordable option is a $50 Android device. This offer includes a wide range of models and varies according to availability and stock. To check which exact devices are currently available, call enTouch Wireless customer service at 1-866-488-8719. To purchase a $50 Android device you must also call the given phone number.
The LG G5 was first released in 2016. So it is not the latest smartphone, however, it has many advanced features and can be more than enough to cover all your phone needs. The most interesting fact about the LG G5 is its modular design, which lets you change interchangeable modules into its design. It also packs a very decent processor with 4GB of RAM and a very advanced camera. LG G5 can definitely cover even the most advanced users and help you get a lot done on the go.
- Display: 5.3”, 1440×2560 pixels
- Weight: 159g
- OS: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo); LG UX 5 UI
- Processor: Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo)
- Rear camera: 16 MP
- Front camera: 8 MP
- Memory: 32GB 4GB RAM; additional microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Headphone 3.5mm jack
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh; up to 400 h stand-by; up to 20 h talk
LG G5 is currently available for $240 at enTouch Wireless.
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy S7 is also not the latest smartphone, however, it’s not that long ago when it was the very best that Samsung had to offer. That said, it is still a highly competitive and high-performing smartphone. It packs a great battery, a solid camera, and a lot of high-end features. One of its main pros is its waterproof casing than takes a lot of worries from your shoulders. Samsung Galaxy S7 will enable you to perform even the most advanced multitasking and take very nice photos to store long-lasting memories.
- Weight: 152g
- Storage: 32GB
- Display: 5.1”, 1440×2560 pixels; Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo); TouchWiz UI
- Processor: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-Ion; up to 22 h talk time; fast battery charging 15W (Quick Charge 2.0)
- 5 mm Headphone jacks
- Cameras: 12 MP mean rear camera & 5MP selfie camera
Samsung Galaxy S7 is currently available for $435 at enTouch Wireless.
enTouch Wireless BYOD
Since enTouch Wireless doesn’t offer FREE devices, their ‘Bring Your Own Device’ (BYOD) offer attracts many clients. Herein we will look at all the details concerning that option to help you decide if this might be the best choice for you.
The only way you can exploit the BYOD option is if your phone is compatible with the enTouch Wireless services. To check compatibility, you must visit their site (https://www.entouchwireless.com/byod), where you must enter your phone’s MEID or ESN number. After entering the number, check the “I’m not a robot” box and click the “GET STARTED” button.
The best thing about the enTouch Wireless BYOD option is that you get a FREE SIM card. On top of that, you will get a FREE plan if you are Lifeline eligible or can choose one of the paid plans presented above.
If you have any questions about the enTouch Wireless BYOD option, call their support at 1-866-488-8719.
What to do if an enTouch Wireless phone gets damaged, stolen, broken, or lost?
If you are having trouble with your phone, call customer service from a different phone at 1-866-488-8719.
Call 1.866.488.8719 to suspend your account ASAP to avoid any additional cost.
enTouch Wireless may be able to help you get a replacement phone. Any remaining balance in your account will be transferred to your replacement phone.