enTouch Wireless is a national, wireless phone company operating on the premier 4G LTE network. They promise to help empower people to lead better lives through digital citizenship. They help by giving their clients as much broadband data as they can in all their plans.
As the title suggests, they also take part in the Lifeline Assistance program and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and offer FREE monthly plans to households that qualify. Currently, enTouch Wireless also offers FREE phones, plus, they allow customers to bring their own devices or upgrade to smartphone devices of their choice.
Herein we will cover all the details that will help you decide if enTouch Wireless is the right choice for you and how to proceed if you were to explore their free plans.
We will also present you with their BYOD option and currently available devices that can be yours for free or at very affordable prices.
How to Get enTouch Wireless Free Phone from Government
enTouch participates in both Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which enables the wireless provider to supply low-income families with both free cell phone service and enTouch Wireless free phones. The company’s free services and devices are available to eligible residents of Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
To receive an enTouch Wireless free phone and plans from the government, you must follow these simple, yet vital steps:
- Make sure that you are Lifeline/ACP-eligible. Only households that qualify for these government assistance programs can enroll and receive the benefits. See the eligibility criteria in the next section.
- Gather all the documentation that proves your eligibility. You will be required to submit it during the application process.
- Apply for enTouch Wireless free phone and plans. You can see how to do so below.
- If your application gets accepted, you will be notified via email. Afterward, you will receive all the government assistance benefits in a few days.
For more info about free government phone please visit Government free phone
In the next section, we will cover all the details concerning the Lifeline Program and how to apply it with enTouch Wireless
enTouch Wireless Free Phone Lifeline Eligibility
There are two ways to get an enTouch Wireless FREE plan:
- LOW INCOME: There is a 135% poverty threshold that must be met – all households that are at or below that bar can get the Lifeline support. For more info about Low-income free phone visit Free government phone for low income
- PARTICIPATION in any of the programs listed below. Only a single household member must participate in one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Tribal head Start
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
enTouch Wireless Free Phone ACP Eligibility
ACP is a brand new government assistance program that offers discounts on monthly broadband services. Some ACP providers also offer a discount on internet-connected devices(tablets, laptops). Many wireless providers that participate in both government assistance programs have enough government funds to provide qualifying customers with high-quality smartphones, which tend to be more advanced than those offered by Lifeline-only providers. There are several ways to get an enTouch Wireless FREE phone and plan through ACP:
- LOW INCOME: There is a 200% poverty threshold that must be met – all households that are at or below that bar can get ACP support.
- PARTICIPATIONin any of the programs listed below. Only a single household member must participate in one of the following programs:
- Any of the Lifeline-qualifying programs listed above (federal or Tribal)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
- A household is also ACP-eligible if it has received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
To apply, you must provide the exact set of information and copies of certain documents.
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number (or Tribal identification number)
- Regarding PARTICIPATION you will need to submit a document proving that participation – a copy of a member’s card or a cover letter issued by the organization.
- Regarding LOW INCOME, you will need to provide proof as well; here are accepted documents:
- A copy of last year’s State or Federal income tax return
- Three consecutive months’ worth of your most current pay stubs
- Social Security benefits statement
- Veterans Administration benefits statement
- Retirement/Pension benefits statement
- Divorce decree or child support document
- Unemployment/Workers Compensation benefits statement
How to Apply for an enTouch Wireless Free Phone
The easiest way to do so is online, where it takes only 4 simple steps:
- Visit https://entouchwireless.com/ and click the “ENROLL NOW” button.
- When you do so, a pop-up window will appear, asking you to choose your state. Do so.
- When you select your state, you will see the government assistance plans that are available in your state of residence (they may include Lifeline Only, ACP Only, or Lifeline + ACP). When you find one that you qualify for and that fits your needs, press ‘Enroll now’.
- Fill out the application online (it only takes 2-3 minutes). Start your application by providing your email address and ZIP code. When filling out your application, make sure to provide all the required information and submit all the documentation that verifies your information and proves your eligibility.
Another way to apply is by mail. In this case, you will need to send copies of all the documents and of course print out and fill in the application, which you can find at https://entouchwireless.com/paper-application/. As soon as you visit the website, you will see a notification asking whether or not you have applied through the National Verifier and been approved as eligible. If not, you must first visit the National Verifier at https://www.lifelinesupport.org/ and apply there for eligibility approval. Once you have applied through the National Verifier and your application got approved, submit your National Verifier application ID with your paper application prior to mailing.
If you have already applied with the National Verifier, simply dismiss this notification, press ‘Download the Paper Application’, and download it. If applying for the ACP program, it is also advisable to download a household worksheet (also available on the website). Complete all the forms, add the proof documentation, and send all the documentation to PO Box 37, Hiawatha, IA 52233.
If you have any questions, call enTouch Wireless support at 1-866-488-8719.
enTouch Wireless Plans
enTouch Wireless operates in various states and mainly they all follow the same plan options, except for California, which has its own version of the Lifeline Assistance program. Below you can find the details concerning all plans available for free at enTouch Wireless. Most states offer two types of free plans – Lifeline Only and Lifeline + ACP, however, you may also be able to apply to an ACP Only plan.
ACP + Lifeline Plans
- CA Tribal: This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, unlimited data, and free international calling.
- CA Non-Tribal Broadband: This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, unlimited data, and free international calling.
- Tribal States: This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, unlimited data, and free international calling.
- Non-Tribal (excludes OR, KY, CA, P.R.): This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 10 GB of monthly data, and free international calling.
- Non-Tribal – OR & P.R.: This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 5 GB of monthly data, and free international calling.
- Non-Tribal Kentucky: This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 11 GB of monthly data, and free international calling.
Tribal Lifeline Plans
- Base Tribal Lifeline Plan: This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 4.5 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
- Tribal Unlimited Talk & Text + 5 GB: This $1 a month plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 5 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
- Tribal Unlimited Talk & Text + 6 GB: This $5 a month plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 6 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
Non-Tribal Tribal Lifeline Plans
- Base Non-Tribal Plan: This FREE plan includes 500 texts, 1000 minutes, 100 MB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
- Non-Tribal 1000 Talk, Unlimited Text, and 100 MB Plan: This $1 a month plan includes unlimited texts, 1000 minutes, 100 MB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
- Non-Tribal 1200 Talk, Unlimited Text, 250 MB Plan: This $5 a month plan includes unlimited texts, 1200 minutes, 250 MB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
- Non-Tribal 1200 Talk, Unlimited Text, 1 GB Plan: This $10 a month plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 1 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
- Non-Tribal Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, 4.5 GB Plan: This $25 a month plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 4.5 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
- Non-Tribal Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, 5 GB Plan: This $26 a month plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 5 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
- Non-Tribal Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, 6 GB Plan: This $30 a month plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 6 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
California Lifeline Plans
- CA Basic Plus: This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 4.5 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
- CA Standard Lifeline Plan: This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 6 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
- CA Tribal Lifeline Plan: This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 8 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
Kentucky Lifeline Plan
- KY Lifeline Plan: This FREE plan includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 1 GB of monthly data, voicemail, and free international calling.
ACP Only Plans
- California Tribal: Unlimited talk, unlimited text, 8 GB of data
- California Non-Tribal: Unlimited talk, unlimited text, 17 GB of data
- Hawaii: Not available
- Kentucky: Not available
- Oregon Non-Tribal: Unlimited talk, unlimited text, 5.5 GB of data
- Puerto Rico Non-Tribal: Unlimited talk, unlimited text, 5.5 GB of data
- All other states Tribal: Unlimited talk, unlimited text, 18.5 GB of data
- All other states Non-Tribal: Unlimited talk, unlimited text, 5.5 GB of data
Find out more at https://entouchwireless.com/lifeline-plans/.
Can I Get a Free Phone Through the enTouch Wireless ACP Program?
As you can see, the exact list of benefits you receive when enrolling in the enTouch Wireless Lifeline and/or ACP program depends on the state and the plan. In certain areas certain Lifeline and ACP plans may include a free phone, however, your best chance to receive an enTouch Wireless free phone is through your state’s Lifeline + ACP plan, which is the most valuable plan that comes with the longest list of benefits. In most states, Lifeline + ACP customers can receive a free 5.5-inch smartphone, as well as free monthly services with unlimited talk and text and a certain amount of monthly data.
What are the ACP Benefits of enTouch Wireless?
Up until the end of 2021, enTouch Wireless only offered Lifeline plans and benefits to eligible customers. At the end of 2021, the wireless provider also started to participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program, which provided the company with additional government funds that enable the company to offer a larger selection of plans with more attractive benefits.
The ACP program offers discounts of up to $30 (or $75 on Tribal lands) on monthly broadband services and in some cases, also discounts on internet-connected devices. Ever since enTouch Wireless started participating in the ACP program, it offers additional monthly minutes, high-speed data, and smartphones.
Best Phones at enTouch Wireless
As of recently, enTouch Wireless offers free government phones for Lifeline/ACP-eligible customers. However, like most Lifeline/ACP providers, enTouch does not disclose exactly which phone brands and models qualifying households may receive, as the offer depends on various factors, including the customer’s plan, state of residence, timing, and availability.
Nevertheless, the company does reveal certain general characteristics of their free phones:
- Customers can expect to receive a smartphone
- The phone features a large 5.5-inch screen
- The phone is powered by the Android operating system
- The phone is brand new
- The phone is a premium device from a trusted brand
- According to the picture on enTouch’s website, we may assume that you will receive a free Sky Devices smartphone
Currently, they don’t offer FREE devices in any area. They do, however, offer three smartphones that you can purchase.
$50 Android Device
The most affordable option is a $50 Android device. This offer includes a wide range of models and varies according to availability and stock. To check which exact devices are currently available, call enTouch Wireless customer service at 1-866-488-8719. To purchase a $50 Android device you must also call the given phone number.
The LG G5 was first released in 2016. So it is not the latest smartphone, however, it has many advanced features and can be more than enough to cover all your phone needs. The most interesting fact about the LG G5 is its modular design, which lets you change interchangeable modules into its design. It also packs a very decent processor with 4GB of RAM and a very advanced camera. LG G5 can definitely cover even the most advanced users and help you get a lot done on the go.
- Display: 5.3”, 1440×2560 pixels
- Weight: 159g
- OS: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo); LG UX 5 UI
- Processor: Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo)
- Rear camera: 16 MP
- Front camera: 8 MP
- Memory: 32GB 4GB RAM; additional microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Headphone 3.5mm jack
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh; up to 400 h stand-by; up to 20 h talk
LG G5 is currently available for $240 at enTouch Wireless.
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy S7 is also not the latest smartphone, however, it’s not that long ago when it was the very best that Samsung had to offer. That said, it is still a highly competitive and high-performing smartphone. It packs a great battery, a solid camera, and a lot of high-end features. One of its main pros is its waterproof casing than takes a lot of worries from your shoulders. Samsung Galaxy S7 will enable you to perform even the most advanced multitasking and take very nice photos to store long-lasting memories.
- Weight: 152g
- Storage: 32GB
- Display: 5.1”, 1440×2560 pixels; Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo); TouchWiz UI
- Processor: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-Ion; up to 22 h talk time; fast battery charging 15W (Quick Charge 2.0)
- 5 mm Headphone jacks
- Cameras: 12 MP mean rear camera & 5MP selfie camera
Samsung Galaxy S7 is currently available for $435 at enTouch Wireless.
What Other Phones are Compatible With enTouch Wireless
enTouch Wireless is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that utilizes Verizon’s network towers and offers customers access to Verizon’s nationwide CDMA network. To bring your phone to enTouch, the device must be compatible with enTouch’s services. Most phones that are purchased at Verizon should work perfectly with enTouch Wireless. The list of compatible devices ranges from simple flip phones to advanced Android and iPhone smartphones, including:
- LG K20
- HTC U11
- LG K10
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- LG G5
- OnePlus 10 Pro 5G
- BLU View 3
- Motorola moto g stylus (2022)
- Sony Xperia 5 III
- Microsoft Surface Duo 2
- Sony Electronics Inc Xperia PRO-I
- NUU Mobile A11L Phone
- Schok Classic Flip Phone
- Sony Electronics Inc XPERIA 1 III
- Motorola Edge (2021)
- Google Pixel 5a
- OnePlus Nord N200
- Motorola G Stylus 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
- Sunbeam F1
- American Network Solutions F30
enTouch Wireless BYOD
Since enTouch Wireless doesn’t offer FREE devices, their ‘Bring Your Own Device’ (BYOD) offer attracts many clients. Herein we will look at all the details concerning that option to help you decide if this might be the best choice for you.
The only way you can exploit the BYOD option is if your phone is compatible with the enTouch Wireless services. To check compatibility, you must visit their site (https://www.entouchwireless.com/byod), where you must enter your phone’s MEID or ESN number. After entering the number, check the “I’m not a robot” box and click the “GET STARTED” button.
The best thing about the enTouch Wireless BYOD option is that you get a FREE SIM card. On top of that, you will get a FREE plan if you are Lifeline eligible or can choose one of the paid plans presented above.
If you have any questions about the enTouch Wireless BYOD option, call their support at 1-866-488-8719.
What to do if an enTouch Wireless phone gets damaged, stolen, broken, or lost?
If you are having trouble with your phone, call customer service from a different phone at 1-866-488-8719.
Call 1.866.488.8719 to suspend your account ASAP to avoid any additional cost.
enTouch Wireless may be able to help you get a replacement phone. Any remaining balance in your account will be transferred to your replacement phone.
How to Activate/Unlock The Phone After Receiving an enTouch Wireless Free Phone
After receiving an enTouch Wireless free phone, you will have to activate it. To do so, simply follow the instructions below. If you have received a new phone directly from enTouch:
- Visit https://entouchwireless.com/activate/.
- Turn on your new enTouch Wireless device and call 866.488.8719 to activate it.
On the other hand, if you are using an enTouch SIM card with a phone that was not provided by enTouch, follow the BYOD SIM card activation process described at https://entouchwireless.com/activate/.
What Services Does enTouch Wireless Offer When You Join?
Generally, enTouch Wireless offers a certain amount of free monthly minutes, texts, and data, international calling, and perhaps voicemail, and a free government phone. However, the exact list and amount of benefits depend on the state, whether or not you live on Tribal lands, the plan, and other factors.
Does enTouch Wireless Offer Free iPhones?
No, enTouch Wireless only offers free Android smartphones to eligible customers.
Does enTouch Wireless Offer Free Tablet?
No, enTouch Wireless currently does not offer free or discounted tablets.
Why Does enTouch Wireless Offer Free Cell Phone Services?
enTouch Wireless offers free cell phone services because it participates in two government assistance programs (Lifeline and ACP) through which it receives funds from the government, which enable it to offer free cell phone and wireless services and devices to eligible low-income households. The government provides these funds in order for all people to have access to basic communication services and devices, which are nowadays considered basic needs.