Excess Telecom is an Affordable Connectivity Program provider that offers discounts on monthly internet services and connected devices for people who are struggling to afford them. This reliable California-based company is funded by the FCC and therefore it offers amazing benefits for low-income households.
In case you are interested in the Excess Telecom activation process, you have come to the right place, as we are about to reveal everything there is to know about this process. Stay tuned!
About Excess Telecom
The world we live in today is more connected than ever before, with technology at the forefront of this connection. Telecommunications has become an integral part of our daily lives, from communication to entertainment and beyond. With this increase in demand, service providers have been hard at work to provide better services and coverage.
Some providers offer services that come with all sorts of extra features for people who can afford them, while many others offer free monthly services through government assistance programs for people in need. One such provider is Excess Telecom – a California company licensed in all 50 states that serves over a million customers in need throughout the country and is considered one of the fastest-growing telecommunication companies in the US.
Excess Telecom doesn’t offer Lifeline benefits and discounts. Instead, it participates in the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) that offers discounts on monthly broadband services and internet-connected devices. Customers who qualify for ACP government assistance can receive a free mobile broadband plan with nationwide internet access and an affordable high-quality tablet. Additionally, they can purchase upgrade tablets, cell phones, and SIM cards.
Before you can begin your Excess Telecom activation process, you must become an Excess Telecom customer. Let’s figure out how to do so in the next section.
How to Become an Excess Telecom Customer Before Beginning the Excess Telecom Activation Process?
Before you can initiate the Excess Telecom activation process, you must become an active Excess customer. To do so, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Apply for ACP
To apply for ACP, you must qualify for the program. You can qualify based on your low income (if your annual household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines) or based on your participation in another assistance program (if you participate in Lifeline, any of the Lifeline-qualifying programs, WIC, Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program, or Federal Pell Grant). You must also be able to prove your eligibility by providing copies of valid official documents that show your low income or program participation.
You can apply for ACP through the National Verifier at https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply or by following the instructions at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/.
Step 2: Check Excess Telecom Coverage in Your Area
Check the company’s coverage in your area to see if Excess is the right ACP company for you.
Step 3: Choose Your Plan
You can choose the standard free plan that includes unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and 15GB of data or you can choose a prepaid plan at https://www.excesstelecom.com/acp-plans/.
Step 4: Choose Your Device
During the application process, you will also be offered to choose a device.
Step 5: Enroll, Activate, and Enjoy the Benefits
To enroll, visit https://www.excesstelecom.com/BUYFLOW/, enter your ZIP code and email address, and press Continue. You will then be notified whether or not the benefits are available in your area and offered to choose your plan and device. Then, you will be asked to complete the company’s online application form by providing all the required information and documentation copies. The company will shortly review your application and as soon as you get approved, you will be notified.
Excess Telecom Tablet Activation Process
Once you receive your Excess Telecom free tablet and SIM card via mail, you can begin your Excess Telecom activation process.
- First, turn the tablet off by pressing and holding the power button or by pressing both the power button and the power off icon on the screen.
- Locate the SIM ejector tool in the box you have received.
- Find the tablet’s SIM tray or slot.
- Open the SIM tray or slot.
- Pop out the SIM card in the size that will fit the tablet.
- Gently insert the SIM card into the tablet’s SIM tray or slot, making sure the metal chip faces the right side and that the SIM card and slot are both clean.
- Close the tablet’s SIM card tray or slot.
- Turn the tablet back on.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the activation process.
- Depending on the tablet model, you may also receive additional activation instructions in your Excess Telecom box, which also contained the tablet and SIM card. Check if you can find the activation instructions in the box and if you do, make sure to follow them.
How Long Does the Excess Telecom Activation Process Last?
As you can see from the process above, it should only take a few minutes to finish your Excess Telecom activation process, regardless of whether or not there are additional instructions for your tablet model.
How Will I Know If the Activation Process Was Successful?
To determine whether or not your tablet has been successfully activated after following the process described above, try to use your Excess Telecom plan, which is available on your SIM card. Simply try to use your monthly data or even place a call or send a message. If these services are available to you without having to connect to a Wi-Fi network, it means that your Excess account, SIM card, and device were successfully activated.
What to Do If the Excess Telecom Activation Process is Unsuccessful?
In case your Excess Telecom activation process is unsuccessful after following the process above, try the following:
- Double-check if there are any additional activation instructions in the box.
- Log into your Excess account online to search for help there.
- Contact the company’s customer support service at 1-800-615-0898 or https://www.excesstelecom.com/contact-us/.
Is There an Excess Telecom Activation Fee?
Excess Telecom reserves the right to charge a service activation fee at the discretion of the company. The fee may vary by state, however, it is generally low, and as such, all customers should be able to afford it. According to reviews, the Excess Telecom activation fee should vary between $11 and $20. This is a one-time expense, as such, it is fairly reasonable and manageable.
What Devices Can Be Activated on Excess Telecom?
On Excess Telecom, you can activate a tablet or a cell phone. Either a tablet or a cell phone can be provided or purchased directly from Excess (ACP-eligible customers will receive the tablet with a huge discount, however, you can only purchase the cell phone at full price) or you can bring your own device to Excess.
Your device must meet several requirements to be eligible for use with Excess Telecom. First, it must be compatible with the GSM/LTE network. Additionally, the operating system must not have been altered or modified in any way. You must have fulfilled all financial and contractual obligations with your previous carrier and the device should not have been reported lost, stolen, or fraudulently obtained. You can confirm the compatibility of your device on Excess’s official website. If you are an existing Excess Telecom subscriber, contact Customer Support for guidance on how to use your device. If you are not yet a subscriber, you need to apply for service before proceeding with using your device.
How Do I Make Sure My Service Stays Active?
Once your Excess service and device have been activated, you should make sure they stay activated. To do so, make sure to follow these steps:
- Use your services at least once every 30 days or purchase additional data. If you don’t, your service may be deactivated. Make sure to reactivate it by calling the customer support service.
- Remain eligible for the ACP program. If you no longer meet the eligibility criteria, you must notify the company within 30 days.
- Do not try to make international calls or send international texts, as Excess doesn’t support those services. Attempting to do so, may also result in the deactivation of service.
- Losing your equipment or having it stolen will also result in the agent temporarily deactivating your account after you contact the company. You can reactivate your services within 14 days with the found original device or a new device.
Keep in mind that if your account is deactivated, the company reserves the right to charge a non-refundable reactivation fee.