What Services Does FeelSafe Wireless Offer When You Join?
In 2022, FeelSafe Wireless was purchased by HTH Communications, which also owns Cintex and NewPhone Wireless, and rebranded as AirTalk Wireless. AirTalk Wireless (formerly known as FeelSafe Wireless) is a Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provider that offers free monthly wireless services for Lifeline and ACP-eligible customers.
AirTalk (formerly known as FeelSafe Wireless) offers free monthly Lifeline and ACP plans with unlimited talk, text, high-speed data, and more. Qualifying customers can also receive a free mobile phone and perhaps even a highly discounted ACP tablet. The provider also offers top-up plans, upgrade phones, hotspots, and more.
Under Which Government Program Does FeelSafe Wireless Provide Free Phones?
FeelSafe Wireless, which is now known as AirTalk Wireless, provides discounts and benefits for eligible low-income customers through two government assistance programs – Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Lifeline is a government assistance program that was established by the FCC in the 1980s. It is designed to make communications services more affordable for low-income people. The program provides a discount of up to $9.25 (or $34.25 for eligible households living on Tribal lands) on qualifying monthly phone service, broadband service, or bundled phone-broadband packages. Additionally, wireless service providers that participate in Lifeline and offer these discounts also tend to offer eligible customers free government phones. The free device along with free monthly services enables low-income customers to stay connected with their loved ones, work, education, healthcare, emergency services, and more.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), on the other hand, is a brand new government assistance program that has replaced the now-expired Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), designed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. ACP provides a discount on monthly internet services and connected devices. Eligible households can receive a discount on monthly broadband services of up to $30 (or $75 for eligible Tribal households). Certain ACP providers also provide qualifying customers with a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. According to the rules by the FCC, the customer must, however, pay a mandatory co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50 in order to receive the device.
FeelSafe Wireless (now known as AirTalk) offers both government assistance programs and with the large budget provided by the government, the provider is able to offer customers high-quality touch screen phones and services.
What is the Process of Getting a FeelSafe Wireless Free Phone?
In order to receive an AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless free government phone, you must follow this simple yet strict process:
- Step 1: Make sure you qualify for the Lifeline and ACP government assistance programs. You can see the FCC-determined eligibility criteria in the next section.
- Step 2: Make sure you are able to prove your eligibility. You can do so by providing official, unexpired documents that contain all the necessary information and may serve as proof.
- Step 3: Apply for the Lifeline/ACP government assistance program at AirTalk/FeelSafe. You can do so online or via mail by providing all the required information and documentation.
- Step 4: Receive your AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless free government phone and other benefits. See the list of benefits below.
All of these steps are described in detail in the following 4 sections.
How to Qualify for Lifeline and ACP to Receive a FeelSafe Wireless Free Phone?
In order to receive an AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless free government phone, you must first qualify for Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program. To do so, you must meet the strict eligibility criteria determined by the FCC.
To qualify for Lifeline, a household (or any of its members) must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have an annual household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Participate in a qualifying Federal or Tribal assistance program, such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
To qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program, a household (or any of its members) must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a Lifeline subscriber.
- Participate in any of the Lifeline-related government assistance programs listed above (view the list of government assistance programs that make a person Lifeline eligible).
- Have an annual household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Participate in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Participate in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Have received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
The good news is that all Lifeline subscribers automatically qualify for the ACP benefit as well. As such, at AirTalk (FeelSafe) Lifeline subscribers can enjoy the full Lifeline + ACP benefits.
In addition, to participate in a government assistance program, the applicant must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor. Plus, he or she must be a resident of one of the states where their selected provider offers its government assistance benefits. As such, AirTalk Wireless’ Lifeline benefits are only available to residents of Oklahoma, Michigan, Mississippi, California, Ohio, New York, Wisconsin, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
What Documents are Required When Applying for Lifeline to Receive a FeelSafe Wireless Free Phone?
Qualifying for the two assistance programs is not enough to receive an AirTalk/FeelSafe Wireless free government phone. You must also prove your eligibility. Your selected provider may be able to verify some of your provided information itself, however, the information that the company cannot verify must be verified by you.
Depending on the information that needs to be verified and your eligibility criteria, you may be required to provide some of the following official documents:
- Household income proof:
- Current income statement from your employer
- Paycheck stubs
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- Divorce decree or child support award
- Or another official document that includes your first and last name and annual income.
- Qualifying assistance program participation proof:
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
- Or another official document that includes your first and last name, the name of the program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months or future expiration date.
- Proof of identity or age:
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Government assistance program document
- Or another official document that includes your first and last name and date of birth.
- Proof of address:
- A valid government, state, or Tribal ID
- Driver’s license
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Or another official document that includes your first and last name and physical address
- Emancipation proof: If you are an emancipated minor, you must prove your status with a court document, a certificate, or another official document that includes your first and last name and confirmation of your emancipated minor status.
How to Apply for Lifeline to Get a FeelSafe Wireless Free Phone?
You can apply for the Lifeline and ACP programs through the Lifeline/ACP support system. You can do so online or via mail.
You can apply for Lifeline/ACP online by visiting nv.fcc.gov/lifeline (for Lifeline) and nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true (for ACP), filling out the online application form and submitting it.
You can apply for Lifeline/ACP via mail by printing out a Lifeline/ACP application form at lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf (Lifeline) and affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf (ACP), completing the application manually, adding the proof documentation, and sending the package to Lifeline Support Center or ACP Support Center, PO Box 7082, London, KY 40742 (the address for both programs is the same).
You can also apply for the program directly at FeelSafe/AirTalk Wireless. You can do so online or via mail.
To apply online, first, make sure that you qualify. You must meet the FCC’s Lifeline/ACP eligibility criteria, be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor, and be a resident of one of the states where the company offers its benefits. Then, follow, these simple steps:
- Visit feelsafewireless.com/ and press ‘Apply Now’.
- Enter your ZIP code in the provided box and press ‘Apply Now’.
- If the system informs you that they don’t provide service in your area, that you can apply at the provider’s affiliate company (AirTalk), do not worry, as these two companies are the same. Simply press ‘Go to’ and repeat the previous two steps.
- You will then be redirected to the company’s Lifeline and ACP plans and options in your area. Review the plan options and when you find the one that best fits your needs, press ‘Apply Now’ underneath it.
- You will then be redirected to the company’s online application form. Fill it out by providing the required personal information and proof documentation. Press ‘Continue’ at the end of each page and finally, submit the application.
- If your application gets approved, you will be notified via email.
To apply by mail, print out the application form, fill it out manually, add the proof documentation, and send the package to the provider’s physical address at 9920 Brooklet Drive, Houston, Texas, 77099.
What Benefits Do I Get After Qualifying for Lifeline?
The exact list of benefits that you will receive if you qualify for the FeelSafe/AirTalk government assistance program depends on the location and the plan you qualify for (Lifeline & ACP plan, Lifeline plan, or ACP plan).
However, most plans include the following perks:
- Free monthly wireless service with:
- Unlimited text
- Unlimited talk
- Limited or unlimited amounts of monthly data
- Free features, such as caller ID, call waiting, 3-way calling, and voicemail (featured in all plans)
- A free smartphone (not all plans include it)
- ACP-eligible customers can also get a tablet for just $10.01.
What are the FeelSafe Wireless Lifeline and ACP Plans That You Can Get With a Free Phone?
As mentioned before, FeelSafe/AirTalk Wireless provides three types of plans – Lifeline & ACP, Lifeline, or ACP. The exact list of benefits included in these plans depends on the location. For example, in the state of New York, eligible customers can apply for:
- Lifeline & ACP Combo Plan: It is a free monthly plan that includes 15 GB of high-speed data, unlimited talk, unlimited text and picture messages, and a free smartphone (Android or iPhone). ACP-eligible customers can also purchase a tablet with the ACP discount.
- Lifeline Plan: It is a free monthly plan that includes 4.5 GB of high-speed data, 1000 minutes of talk, and unlimited SMS. The plan doesn’t offer a free smartphone.
- ACP Plan: It is a free monthly plan that includes 8 GB of high-speed data, unlimited talk, unlimited text, and a free basic smartphone. ACP-eligible customers may also be able to purchase a tablet with the ACP discount.
You can see the exact plan offer for your area by visiting airtalkwireless.com/apply, entering your ZIP code, and pressing ‘Apply now’. You can also first visit feelsafewireless.com, press ‘Apply Now’, and enter your ZIP code there, however, you will be redirected to airtalkwireless.com/apply anyway.
Which Phones Do You Get for Free From FeelSafe Wireless?
If you wish to receive an AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless free government phone and you actually qualify for it, you are in luck, as the provider offers some of the best smartphones. Not only is FeelSafe/AirTalk one of the very few Lifeline/ACP providers that also offer iPhones in addition to Android smartphones, but the company also offers newer models with more advanced features than other providers.
Currently, FeelSafe/AirTalk Wireless offers the following free phones:
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone SE
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel 3A
- LG G7 thinQ
- LG K51
- LG Stylo 5
- LG V40 ThinQ
- LG V50 ThinQ 5G
- Motorola G Stylus
- Motorola Moto G7 Power
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus N200 Nord5G
- Samsung Galaxy A20s
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Note 8
- And many more.
See the full list of all available free phones at feelsafewireless.com/free-phone. The selection of free phones may depend on the location. In addition, not all plans offer free phones.
In addition to the AirTalk/FeelSafe Wireless free phones, the company also offers a large selection of discounted upgrade phones. See the list at feelsafewireless.com/upgrade-phone.
What Phones are Compatible With FeelSafe Wireless?
In addition to offering AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless free government phones, the company also allows eligible customers to bring their own devices and use them with its services.
The device that you can bring must be carrier unlocked, GSM-supported, and compatible with the company’s services and network. Most GSM phones should work, however, to make sure your device is compatible with the provider’s services, go to feelsafewireless.com/byop, enter your 14 to 16-digit IMEI number, and press ‘Check Compatibility’. You can locate your phone’s IMEI number by following the provided instructions on how to do so. Some of the devices that are compatible with FeelSafe/AirTalk Wireless include:
- Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus
- Apple iPhone X
- Apple iPhone XS
- Apple iPhone XS Max
- Google Pixel 5 5G
- LG ThinQ 5G
- Motorola G Stylus
- Motorola Razr Gen 2
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren
- OnePlus 8T Plus 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
- Samsung Galaxy J3
- Samsung S10 E
- And many more.
How to Activate/Unlock the Phone After Getting a FeelSafe Wireless Free Government Phone?
Once you receive your AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless free government phone, you may wish to activate it. To do so, simply visit feelsafewireless.com/active-my-sim-card, enter your MDN and SIM card, and press ‘Submit’. Your device (SIM card) will be activated in a few moments. If you have any issues, call the company’s customer support service at +1 (855) 924-7825 (available Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 8 PM CST).
In case you wish to take your AirTalk/FeelSafe Wireless free government phone to another provider, you must first unlock it. You can do so by calling the company’s customer support service at +1 (855) 924-7825 (available Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 8 PM CST). The representative will either unlock the device remotely or walk you through the manual process. However, to unlock the device, it must have been active with the associated AirTalk account for at least 12 months and it cannot be connected with any fraudulent activity.
What to Do if a FeelSafe Wireless Free Government Phone Gets Damaged, Stolen, Broken, or Lost?
Mobile devices that you have received or purchased directly from FeelSafe/AirTalk can be returned for a full refund within 15 days of receipt.
In case your phone gets damaged, broken, stolen, or lost, make sure to contact the company’s customer support service at +1 (855) 924-7825 or email [email protected]. If the device malfunction is not due to the user’s misuse and within a year, it may still be under the manufacturer’s warranty. The representative will explain your options.
If your phone is lost or stolen, make sure to contact the provider’s customer support service as soon as possible, as you will be responsible for all additional charges incurred until the company was notified.
FeelSafe Wireless Related FAQs
Why Choose FeelSafe Wireless?
There are many reasons why Lifeline/ACP subscribers wish to use FeelSafe/AirTalk’s services. They offer no-contract services, affordable rate plans, nationwide coverage, free Lifeline/ACP smartphones from the best brands, and even ACP discounts on tablets.
Can Seniors Get FeelSafe Wireless Free Phones?
Absolutely, if they meet the Lifeline/ACP eligibility criteria.In case you also need information How To Get A Free Phones For Seniors
Can I Switch to FeelSafe Wireless?
Yes, Lifeline/ACP subscribers from the states of Oklahoma, Michigan, Mississippi, California, Ohio, New York, Wisconsin, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania can switch to FeelSafe/AirTalk at any time.
What Carrier Does FeelSafe Wireless Use?
FeelSafe/AirTalk uses AT&T’s network to provide services.
Can I Upgrade my FeelSafe Wireless Free Phone?
Yes, FeelSafe/AirTalk offers a large selection of upgrade phones. Read more at feelsafewireless.com/upgrade-phone.
Can I Get a Free Tablet if Qualified for the Lifeline Program?
Lifeline Only Plan does not offer discounts on tablets. However, as Lifeline subscribers automatically qualify for the ACP program, you can simply enroll in the ACP program as well and receive a free (discounted) tablet.You can read one of our past articles How To Get Free Government Tablet 2022
In Which States Does FeelSafe Wireless Offer Free Service?
FeelSafe/AirTalk offers free services to eligible residents of Oklahoma, Michigan, Mississippi, California, Ohio, New York, Wisconsin, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
How Long Will It Take to Receive Approval?
It may take up to a few days to receive approval after applying for the company’s benefit program.
How Can I Check My FeelSafe Wireless Application Status?
You can check your application status online at airtalkwireless.com/check-status or by contacting the company’s customer service.
Do I Need to Pay FeelSafe Wireless Registration Fee?
No, Lifeline/ACP-eligible customers enroll for free.
What Network Does FeelSafe Wireless Use?
AirTalk Wireless (formerly known as FeelSafe Wireless) is powered by the AT&T nationwide network.