Known for its vibrant country music scene, premium whiskey, and the majestic Great Smokies, Tennessee is an amazing state full of welcoming people. However, despite the numerous beautiful facts about this state, it’s also a fact that the residents are facing a 13.6% poverty rate. Poverty tends to perpetuate poverty, especially by disabling people from accessing the digital services and devices that enable us to stay connected, search for employment, work, and get an education. Luckily, the government has recently launched an assistance program through which any qualifying client can receive a free government tablet in Tennessee. Learn more about the Free Government Tablet Tennessee initiative in the following sections.
What is the Free Government Tablet Tennessee Initiative?
If you are a resident of Tennessee with financial issues that prevent you from buying a tablet, you have come to the right place, as we’re about to uncover all there is to know about the amazing Free Government Tablet Tennessee initiative.
The Free Government Tablet Tennessee initiative is part of a larger US-based Free Government Tablet initiative. This initiative is offered through the new government assistance program called the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The ACP program is managed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and offered by numerous participating wireless companies in all US territories and states, including Tennessee.
ACP-eligible clients in Tennessee can receive a discount of up to $30 (or $75 on Tribal lands) on monthly internet services. Additionally, qualifying customers can get a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a tablet or another internet-connected device. According to government rules, you will have to pay a one-time fee of between $10 and $50 (depending on the provider) to obtain the device.
What are the Rules for the Free Government Tablet Tennessee Initiative?
As with all other government assistance programs, the Free Government Tablet Tennessee initiative offered through ACP has certain rules and limitations, including:
- Your household must qualify for the ACP program. See the eligibility criteria below.
- Only one benefit is available per eligible household.
- The benefit cannot be transferred to another person within the same or a different household. The benefit is non-transferable.
- In order to keep the benefit, you must use it at least once a month.
- In order to keep the benefit, you must reapply once a year.
Process to Receive a Free Government Tablet in Tennessee
Before you can receive a free government tablet and enjoy its benefits, you will be required to follow a delicate set of steps. Skipping any of the following steps may result in your application being rejected.
- You must check whether or not you qualify for the program. See the criteria below.
- You must prepare the appropriate documentation, which will be needed during the application process.
- You must apply for the initiative.
- Once your ACP application gets approved, you can contact an ACP company that offers free government tablets in Tennessee and apply for its services.
- If approved, you can start enjoying your free government tablet and other ACP benefits.
Free Government Tablet Tennessee Initiative Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the free government tablet Tennessee initiative, you must meet the Tennessee ACP eligibility criteria. Eligibility under the Tennessee ACP can be determined based on your income or participation in specific programs.
- Income-Based Eligibility: Your annual household income should not exceed 200% of the federal poverty guidelines in Tennessee. These guidelines vary depending on the size of your household. For example, in Tennessee, the limit is $26,200 for a one-person household and increases incrementally for larger households. The limit is $35,280 for a 2-member household, $44,360 for a 3-member household, $53,440 for a 4-member household, etc.
- Program Participation-Based Eligibility: Alternatively, you can qualify based on your household’s enrollment in certain programs, including Lifeline, SNAP, SSI, Medicaid, FPHA, Veterans Pension, Tribal Assistance Program, WIC, or Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch or School Breakfast Program. If your household received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year, you also qualify.
In addition, to participate in the Tennessee ACP, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of Tennessee. Ensure that you submit your applications to providers operating within Tennessee, which are listed below.
Required Documentation for the Free Government Tablet Tennessee Initiative
Next, let’s get ready for the application process. During this phase, you’ll need to prove your eligibility by providing specific information and copies of relevant documents. To make this process as smooth as possible, it’s a good idea to organize these details beforehand.
- Collect important information such as your full legal name, date of birth, email address, physical address, the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) or Tribal Identification number, and your contact information.
- Additionally, prepare clear copies of official documents to verify your identity, income, or program participation. Here’s how to validate each aspect:
- Identity Verification: Provide a recognized ID, passport, driver’s license, or a similar official document that includes your name, birthdate, and address.
- Income Confirmation: Substantiate your income with items like recent pay stubs, current income statements, Unemployment statements, tax returns from the previous year, or other documents displaying your name and income.
- Program Participation: Confirm your involvement in programs by supplying acceptance letters, benefit award/verification letters, benefit statements, or official documents that show your name, program title, issuing authority, and the document’s valid date.
- If you’re an emancipated minor, provide an official court document or an emancipation certificate.
Free Government Tablet Tennessee Application Process
Once you’ve confirmed your eligibility for the program and gathered all the necessary information and document copies for the application, it’s time to start the process.
As some ACP companies won’t run your application through the National Verifier, it’s best for you to apply through the National Verifier yourself. Here’s how to do so:
- For an online application, visit getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply, log in or create an account if necessary, and provide the required details along with electronic copies of the necessary documents.
- If you prefer a mailed application, download the form from affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf, obtain the Household Worksheet from affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf, complete both forms, include duplicates of the required documents, and send them to ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Next, you need to apply through your chosen provider:
- Review the list of companies mentioned below, all of which offer a free government tablet in Tennessee. Alternatively, find a comprehensive list of available companies in your area by visiting cnm.universalservice.org. Note that many of them primarily offer discounts on monthly services. To discover all ACP companies in your vicinity, enter your Tennessee location, select the program, and the site will provide a list of accessible provider options. Once you’ve identified the most suitable company, visit their official website, locate the application form, complete it with all the required details and document copies, and submit the form. Allow some time for the company to review your submission.
After the National Verifier and the company assess your application forms, you will receive a notification of approval or denial via email or another specified contact method. Approved applications will result in the shipment of a complimentary government tablet by your selected provider (subject to availability). Since most ACP companies primarily operate online, you will likely receive the tablet by mail at the address you provided. Additionally, you will receive other ACP benefits offered by your specific provider.
If your application is rejected due to errors in the form, you can contact the provider or Verifier for assistance in reapplying.
Free Government Tablet Tennessee Top Providers
As mentioned before, not all ACP companies in Tennessee offer free tablets. Instead, most only offer free monthly services. However, the following companies all offer free government tablets as well as other amazing ACP benefits in Tennessee.
- AirTalk Wireless (see the offer and apply at https://www.airvoicewireless.com/)
- Unity Wireless (see the offer and apply at https://www.gounitywireless.com/)
- Cintex Wireless (see the offer and apply at (see the offer and apply at https://www.cintexwireless.com/)
- NewPhone Wireless (see the offer and apply at https://www.newphone.com/)
- Q Link Wireless (see the offer and apply at http://qlinkwireless.com/)
- Go Technology Management (see the offer and apply at http://www.goknows.com/)
- Whoop Connect (see the offer and apply at https://www.whoopconnect.com/)
- Excess Telecom (see the offer and apply at https://excesstelecom.com/)
- TruConnect (see the offer and apply at https://www.truconnect.com/)
- Torch Wireless (see the offer and apply at https://www.torchwireless.com/)
- PCs for People (see the offer and apply at https://www.pcsforpeople.org/)
- Human IT (see the offer and apply at https://humanit.org/requestinternet)
Benefits of the Free Government Tablet Tennessee Initiative – Top Tablets
The exact list of benefits that you may expect to receive depends fully on which company’s program you applied for. However, some of the best companies will provide a qualifying customer with:
- A free monthly wireless internet plan that may include:
- Free monthly data
- Free high-speed data
- Free hotspot data
- Free monthly talk minutes
- Free monthly text messages
- Nationwide coverage
- Plus, a SIM card that will tie these benefits to your device
- A free tablet. Many ACP providers don’t disclose which tablet models they offer in advance as the offer depends on numerous uncontrollable factors. However, the companies that do disclose such valuable information currently offer the following free government tablets in Tennessee:
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- Alcatel Joy Tab 2
- Apple iPad 3
- Apple iPad 6
- Apple iPad Air
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Apple iPad Mini
- Apple iPad Mini 2
- Apple iPad Mini 3
- KonnectONE Moxee Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2018
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2020
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
- Sky Elite T8 Plus
- Sky Pad8