Are you dreaming of owning an advanced iPhone model, but worried about the hefty price tag? Look no further because you may be able to get a free iPhone today! Yes, you read that right. There are a variety of ways to get your hands on a brand-new iPhone without paying a dime. From government assistance programs and trade-in deals, to loyalty rewards, companies are offering amazing promotions that can help you save big on your next phone purchase. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at some of the most popular ways to get a free iPhone and provide you with all the information you need to get started. So, are you ready to learn how to get your hands on a free iPhone today?
How Can I Get a Free iPhone Today
You can get a free iPhone today through a variety of promotions and programs offered by carriers or retailers and the government. To take advantage of these offers, you may need to meet certain requirements or sign up for specific plans. As such, be sure to read the fine print and understand the terms and conditions before signing up.
- Government assistance programs. Some government assistance programs, such as Lifeline and ACP, offer free or discounted iPhones to eligible participants.
- Promotional deals by carriers and retailers. Carriers and retailer stores frequently offer promotional offers on free devices. These offers are all temporary and they all come with certain different conditions.
- Non-profits and charities. Low-income people can also get a free phone from a non-profit organization or a charity. However, chances of getting an iPhone through a charity are pretty slim.
- Giveaways and other programs. You may also be able to get a free iPhone today through a contest, giveaway, an employee discount, etc.
Let’s dive deeper into these ways to get a free iPhone today in the following sections.
How to Get a Free iPhone Today Through the Government
The government offers all kinds of assistance programs for people in need. Some of them cover nutritional expenses, others cover medical expenses, and certain offer discounts on monthly phone and wireless service plans and phones (Lifeline).
Recently, the government launched the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This program was first launched during the pandemic when everybody realized how important having a reliable internet connection and a connected device truly is in our modern digitalized world. ACP offers discounts on monthly internet services and one-time discounts on internet-connected devices.
While the Lifeline program traditionally offered free entry-level to mid-range Android smartphones, some companies that as of recently offer both Lifeline and ACP benefits started offering more advanced phones, including iPhones.
To get a free iPhone through the government Lifeline and ACP assistance programs, you must follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Qualify for Lifeline and ACP
To qualify for both assistance programs, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor, the only applicant in your household (exceptions apply), and a resident of one of the states where your chosen provider operates.
Moreover, to qualify for Lifeline, a household must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have an annual income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, which depend on the state and the household size.
- Participate in a government assistance program, such as:
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
To qualify for ACP, a household must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Have an annual income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, which depend on the state and the household size.
- Participate in Lifeline, any of the Lifeline-qualifying assistance programs listed above, or any of the following:
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Federal Pell Grant (receiving it in the current award year)
Step 2: Prove Your Lifeline and ACP Eligibility
To prove your eligibility for Lifeline and ACP programs, you will be asked to submit clear copies of official documents that prove your income or participation in a qualifying government assistance program.
You should prepare copies of documents like paycheck stubs, a current income statement from your employer, or prior year’s tax return to prove your income-based eligibility or an approval letter, benefit verification letter, or statement of benefits to prove your program participation-based eligibility. A copy of another official document that includes your full name and income or program participation will also do.
Additionally, you may be asked to provide documents that prove your identity, age, physical address, SSN, proof of life, and proof of emancipation. By submitting these documents, you can ensure a quick and effortless application process.
Step 3: Apply for Lifeline and ACP
To obtain a free iPhone from the government, you must apply through your government assistance provider, which may require you to apply through the National Verifier or the Lifeline/ACP Support Center first.
The Lifeline and ACP programs can be applied for through the National Verifier online or by mail. If you choose to apply online at https://nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply, you will need to provide the necessary information and digital copies of your proof documentation. You can also apply by mail by printing out an application form at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf and adding physical copies of your proof documentation. It is advisable to include a Household Worksheet (available at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf), especially when applying for the ACP. Send the package to Lifeline/ACP Support Center at PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Step 4: Find a Lifeline and ACP Company Where You Can Get a Free iPhone Today
Offering free iPhones through a government assistance program is a new trend, as such, currently, there are very few Lifeline and ACP providers that do so. You can get a free iPhone today through the government from:
- AirTalk Wireless (see the offer and apply at https://airtalkwireless.com/)
- Cintex Wireless (see the offer and apply at https://cintexwireless.com/)
- NewPhone Wireless (see the offer and apply at https://newphone.com/)
Other companies may also offer free iPhones, however, as they tend to not reveal which devices they offer, it’s impossible to know for sure.
You can see where these companies operate on their websites. To find other Lifeline and ACP companies in your area, go to https://cnm.universalservice.org/ and follow the on-screen prompts.
Step 5: Enjoy Your Benefits (But First, Know What They Are)
If your application gets approved, you will be able to enjoy your Lifeline and ACP benefits. Note that each ACP and Lifeline company offers a different set of benefits, however, if you manage to get accepted by any of the free iPhone providers listed above, you can expect to receive the following:
- A monthly phone and wireless service plan that comes with:
- Free monthly talk minutes
- Free monthly text messages
- Free monthly high-speed data
- Other perks, such as 3-way calling, caller ID, voice mail, etc.
- An ACP discount on a tablet.
- A free government phone of your own choice.
Note that the government assistance programs don’t offer the most recent devices, nevertheless, from the providers listed above you can expect to receive a mid-range Android smartphone, flip phone, or iPhone. These companies currently offer the following iPhone models:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
Furthermore, as you can see from the process described above, it is unlikely for you to apply and be approved by the National Verifier and the company on the same day. Even if you manage to do so, most Lifeline and ACP companies don’t have physical stores, therefore, they will need to send you the phone via mail. As such, you will most likely receive the iPhone in a few days rather than today (you may, however, be approved to receive the device today).
How to Get a Free iPhone Today Through a Promotional Deal
Carrier companies and retailers often offer promotional deals on iPhones and other devices. However, each offer is temporary and comes with different conditions. These are the general types of promotional deals:
- Trade-in promotions. Many carriers and retailers offer trade-in deals where you can exchange your old phone for a new iPhone.
- Loyalty rewards. Some carriers offer loyalty programs that reward you with a free iPhone after a certain period of time.
- Sign up for a new plan or add a line. Some carriers offer free iPhones when you sign up for a new plan or add a line. You may also be required to switch to a carrier.
- Referral programs. Some carriers and retailers offer referral programs that give you a free iPhone when you refer a certain number of friends.
- Buy-one-get-one deals. You may also be able to get a free iPhone if you buy another qualified device at full price.
As mentioned before, all promo deals are time-limited and they tend to change a lot. However, currently, these are some of the best promo deals on iPhones available:
- Verizon offers a free iPhone 14 (with a discount of up to $800), iPhone 13 free (with an unlimited plan), iPhone 13 mini free (with a trade-in and an unlimited plan), iPhone SE free (with a new line an unlimited plan), iPhone 12 free (with a new line an unlimited plan), and some refurbished iPhone models.
- AT&T offers a free iPhone 14 (with trade-in and an unlimited plan), iPhone 13 for $10 a month (with an unlimited plan), iPhone SE 2022 for $5 a month (with an unlimited plan), iPhone 12 with a 50% discount (with an unlimited plan), and iPhone 12 mini free (with a trade-in and a new line).
- T-Mobile offers an iPhone 13 with a discount of up to $100 (with a trade-in and unlimited), iPhone SE 2022 with up to $400 off (with a trade-in), and iPhone 12 with up to $830 off (with a trade-in).
You can check for other free iPhone deals with Mint Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Best Buy, Visible, Cricket Wireless, Walmart, Boost Mobile, and the Apple store.
How to Get a Free iPhone Today Through a Charity or Non-Profit
There are several charities and non-profit organizations that offer free devices, including Mobile Giving Foundation, Charity Mobile, Causes, On It Foundation, SmartRiverside, etc.
However, they only offer free devices for customers who cannot afford them and they tend to not offer free iPhones but other less expensive devices instead.
Low-income households in need can also contact their local schools, libraries, and churches to get a free phone. Again, it is unlikely that these institutions would offer free iPhones.
How to Get a Free iPhone Today Through Giveaways and Other Programs
Besides the ways of getting a free iPhone mentioned above, here are some additional ways:
- Contests and giveaways. Keep an eye out for contests and giveaways from carriers and retailers that offer a chance to win a free iPhone. Giveaways can also be found online, however, you must be sure to avoid scammers.
- Employee discounts. If you work for a company that has a partnership with a carrier or retailer, you may be eligible for employee discounts that include free iPhones. Apple employees, on the other hand, are unlikely to receive free Apple devices. You may also be able to get a free iPhone if you are a reviewer or a marketer with a large social media following.
- Online surveys. Nowadays, there are several companies (including Amazon Vine) that offer free devices for customers who participate in surveys.
- Online (and offline) marketplaces. There are several marketplaces, where you could potentially buy a highly discounted refurbished or used iPhone, including Amazon, eBay, Swappa, Gazelle, Facebook marketplace, etc.