Metro by T-Mobile, formerly known as Metro PCS, is an American prepaid wireless service provider owned by T-Mobile US. The company offers customers prepaid phones and devices on affordable plans. They provide reliable services and access to T-Mobile’s nationwide network. In addition, the company often offers special deals on cell phones and more. They offer great discounts as well as free phones when you switch to Metro. Keep reading to find out more.
What You Need to Know Before Switching to Metro PCS
Finding a carrier that offers cheaper plans and a free phone when switching naturally makes you wish to switch carriers. And when that happens, you should keep in mind a very important factor, which will help you make sure you don’t overpay the switch.
The biggest mistake people do when switching carriers is that they time the switch incorrectly. For instance, let’s assume that your billing cycle with your current carrier resets on the 1st of the month and you decide to activate a service with your new provider on the 2nd or 5th. If you do that, the carrier you are leaving will not refund you for unused days. Most carriers won’t prorate your final bill, even if you are not breaking a contract and are paying your bills on a month-to-month basis. Instead, they will probably through the end of your billing cycle, plus, you may need to pay prorated charges with your new carrier.
To avoid paying your unused days, it’s best to sign up for a new cell phone service and to port your number four days before your billing cycle ends. Transferring a number to a new provider generally only takes a couple of minutes, however, it’s best to have a few extra days just in case any issues arise.
Which Free Phones Will You Get if You Switch to Metro?
One of the special deals that make switching to Metro all the more tempting is the fact that you can get a free 5G phone of your choice when you switch.
You will be able to choose from top brands, like Samsung and Motorola when you switch and trade in any eligible device. Keep in mind that sales tax and activation fee apply and that this offer is in-store only. Also, remember that selection and availability varies by location. In addition, some offers may require port from an eligible carrier, activation on certain plans, and ID validation. This is a limited-time offer.
Currently, when you switch to Metro and trade in an eligible device, you can receive one of the following three phones or some other great phone (other models depend on the store and location).
1. Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
This 5G device generally costs $289.99. However, when you switch, you can get the phone for free (excluding the taxes).
The high-quality smartphone from a reputable brand has a 48 MP quad camera, a 500mAh battery, and a 6.6’’ HD+ TFT display. It is 5G capable and comes with 64 GB memory.
Note: This offer is in-store only.
2. Motorola moto one 5G ace
This high-quality phone from Motorola costs $279.99. However, for new customers which switch to Metro on a qualifying plan, it only costs $29.99 (excluding the taxes).
This phone is 5G capable, it has a 6.7-inch FHD+ display, a 5000 mAh battery, and a 48 MP triple camera system with AI.
Note: This offer is in-store only and prices may vary between stores.
3. Motorola moto g stylus 5G
This is another quality 5G capable device from Motorola. Its regular price is $259.99, however, for new customers who switch to Metro and trade in an eligible device it only costs $19.99 (plus taxes).
This phone comes with 128 GB memory, a 6.8-inch Max Vision Full HD+ display, a built-in stylus, a 48 MP Quad camera system, and up to two whole days of battery life.
Note: This offer is in-store only and prices may vary between stores.
4. OnePlus Nord N10 5G
When you switch to Metro, you can also get a OnePlus Nord N10 phone. Its regular price is $299.99, however, when you switch, you can get the device completely free of charge (excluding the taxes).
The phone is 5G capable, it has a wrap charge 30T with a 4300mAh battery, a 90Hz smooth display, a 6.49-inch FHD+ LCD display, a quad-camera system, and 128 GB of storage.
Note: This offer is in-store only.
In addition to these phones, there are some other great models to choose from. The models vary between stores and as all of these offers are in-store-only, you should ask in your local store. You can locate a store near you by visiting metrobyt-mobile.com/storelocator.
Read one of our past articles MetroPCS Latest LG Phones
What Other Best Deals Can Be Found by Switching to Metro PCS?
In addition to the free 5G phones when you switch to Metro and trade in an eligible device, Metro by T-Mobile also offers numerous other phone and plan deals for both new and existing customers, which will help you save a lot of money. Keep in mind that Metro deals and special offers are limited-time and they tend to change often. As such, it’s best to keep track of their deals at metrobyt-mobile.com/shop/deals. Nonetheless, currently, Metro by T-Mobile offers the following deals and special offers:
Best Metro iPhone Deals
As a limited-time in-store only offer, you can get up to $300 off any of the new iPhone models when you switch to Metro and trade in an eligible device. To get this great iPhone deal, you must meet the following requirements:
- Switch to Metro
- Trade-in an eligible device with over $50 of value
- Get a $60 a month plan
If you do meet these requirements, you may get up to $300 off one of the following phones:
- Apple iPhone 13
- Apple iPhone 13 mini
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
As the deals and special offers at Metro tend to change and update regularly, it’s best to check their current iPhone deals at metrobyt-mobile.com/apple-iphone-deals.
Best Metro Android Phone Deals
When it comes to high-quality Android phones and devices at Metro, it’s best to keep an eye out for Samsung and Motorola deals.
Best Metro Samsung Phone Deals
Currently, you can get a Samsung Galaxy A32 5G phone completely free of charge when you switch to Metro. This is a limited-time in-store only offer. Note that availability varies by location and that additional terms and conditions apply.
In addition to this free Samsung phone, you can also get a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite tablet for 50% off when you add a tablet line.
As the special offers at Metro change regularly, check out Metro’s current Samsung phone deals at metrobyt-mobile.com/samsung-phone-deals.
Best Metro Motorola Phone Deals
Currently, you can get a Motorola g stylus and moto one ace with a huge discount when you switch to Metro and trade in an eligible device. To get this deal, you must also activate a $60 or more plan.
As the special offers at Metro change regularly, check out Metro’s current Motorola phone deals at metrobyt-mobile.com/deals/motorola.
Best Metro PCS Plan Deals
Metro by T-Mobile sometimes also offers some discounts on their plans. However, generally, the company offers the following plans.
- $40 a month plan that offers 10GB of high-speed data, access to T-Mobile’s 5G network, and music unlimited. By adding each additional line, you save $10 (for example, for 2 lines you will pay $70 instead of $80).
- $50 a month plan that offers unlimited high-speed data, access to T-Mobile’s 5G network, 5GB of hotspot data, and 100GB Google One membership. By adding each additional line, you save $20 (for example, for 2 lines you will pay $80 instead of $100).
- $60 a month plan that offers unlimited high-speed data, access to T-Mobile’s 5G network, 15GB of hotspot data, 100GB Google One membership, and Amazon Prime membership. You can get 4 lines for just $120 and 5 lines for just $150.
- Metro also offers a $30 plan with 2GB of high-speed data per line.
Currently, Metro offers one line of unlimited for just $25 a month for customers who switch to Metro and bring their own device.
You can learn more about Metro plans at metrobyt-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans.
Note: All Metro prepaid plans include access to T-Mobile’s 5G network at no extra cost. In addition, certain plans include Amazon Prime, Google, and more.
In case you also need information MetroPCS EBB Program
Why You Should Switch to Metro PCS
Switching to Metro by T-Mobile or Metro PCS comes with a long list of great benefits, including the following:
- When you switch to Metro you can get a free or highly discounted 5G mobile phone from a reputable brand.
- When you switch to Metro or add a line, you can get a discount plan.
- As a Metro customer, you will be able to choose from a number of affordable plans with unlimited text, talk, and in some cases even data.
- With many Metro plans, you can also get Google One and Amazon Prime membership with no extra charge.
- As a Metro customer, you will get access to T-Mobile’s nationwide 4G LTE network and the largest 5G network in the country.
- As a Metro customer, you won’t have to worry about overdraft fees, account fees, and you will get access to over 55,000 no-fee ATMs all across the country.
- You can become a Metro subscriber without having to pass a credit check.
- You will get ScamShield – a multi-layered scam-blocking protection service.
- At Metro, you can buy a new iPhone, an Android smartphone, or bring your own phone.
How to Switch From Another Carrier to Metro PCS
Switching from another carrier to Metro by T-Mobile, also known as Metro PCS is as simple as it gets. All you have to do is to follow the easy steps below.
- Step 1: In case you wish to bring your own phone to Metro, you must first make sure the device is unlocked and compatible with Metro. You can check your phone’s compatibility with the Metro network and services at metrobyt-mobile.com/shop/phones/details/Metro-by-T-Mobile-SIM-Card/NC128TRIPLESIM?icid=MTPR_MTW_U_SWTCHEVGRN_9KGJT6TVFWBNTXZBY24753.
- Step 2: Choose a Metro cell phone plan.
- Step 3: Buy either a Metro SIM card (if you are planning to use your own phone) or purchase a new cell phone from Metro. In case you are planning to buy a new cell phone from Metro, make sure to buy it in-store, as most of the free and/or discounted deals on phones are in-store deals only.
- Step 4: If you are at a Metro store, ask a staff member to help you activate your phone or SIM card. If you wish to keep your existing phone number, ask the staff member to handle the number porting process for you. However, you can also activate the SIM card and port the number by yourself.
- Step 5: Insert your Metro SIM card into your old or new phone and enjoy Metro’s services.
Note: Make sure not to cancel your existing cell phone service before signing up to Metro, as canceling your service earlier may result in losing your phone number.
How to Activate Metro PCS Phone After Switching
After switching from another carrier to Metro, you will be required to activate your device, regardless of whether you brought your own compatible device or if you purchased a new one from Metro. To activate your Metro phone after switching, simply follow the instructions below.
- Step 1: Prepare your phone and your SIM card. Find your phone’s unique ID number by dialing *#06# or by searching in your phone’s settings or the label under the battery. Make sure to also get a Metro SIM card.
- Step 2: Pick a plan. Browse through Metro’s plans online and choose the one that best fits your needs. Pay for the first month of service.
- Step 3: Provide your information. You will be required to provide your name, contact info, and an email address that is not associated with any other Metro account.
- Step 4: Visit metrobyt-mobile.com/self-service/activate and press ‘Activate your phone’. Then, simply follow the on-screen prompts and your phone will be activated in a matter of minutes.
In case you are already a Metro customer, you can activate your device and sim card by calling 1-888-8-METRO8 or by visiting a Metro store.
What Else Do You Need to Know About Metro PCS Free Phone?
How to Bring Your Own Phone to Metro PCS?
It is easy to bring your own phone to Metro. First, you have to make sure that the phone you are planning to bring is both unlocked and compatible. To make sure it is unlocked, you can call your current carrier. Then, you can verify the phone’s compatibility at metrobyt-mobile.com/shop/phones/details/Metro-by-T-Mobile-SIM-Card/NC128TRIPLESIM?icid=MTPR_MTW_U_SWTCHEVGRN_9KGJT6TVFWBNTXZBY24753. Afterward, get a Metro SIM card, and make the switch by activating your phone online and by choosing a plan that best fits your needs.
What Are the Best Metro PCS Compatible Phones?
Most smartphones, including Android phones, Windows phones, and iPhones that are unlocked, have GSM bands, and support 4G LTE and 5G coverage are compatible with your Metro PCS. Some of the phones that are compatible with Metro’s services include iPhone 13 models, iPhone 12 models, iPhone 11 models, Samsung Galaxy A52 5G, Samsung Galaxy A12, and other Samsung Galaxy models, Motorola moto g play, moto g power, moto g pure, and other Motorola models, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, OnePlus Nord N100, and other OnePlus phones, T-Mobile REVVL V, Nokia X100, and many others.
Are Metro PCS Free Phones Really Free?
It depends on the device. Some are free, while others are just highly discounted. In addition, as getting a free phone requires you to become a Metro customer, to get one of their most expensive plans, and perhaps even to bring an eligible trade-in phone, you will still end up paying some amount of money. Moreover, you will also need to pay taxes.
Does Metro PCS Offer Government Phones?
Metro PCS may not have a Lifeline or EBB program and as such, it may not offer government phones on its own, however, its owner – T-Mobile – offers both a Lifeline and EBB program for eligible customers. As such, you may be able to get a free government phone through them.