Many wireless companies want to avoid their customers not paying their bills regularly, as such, they perform a credit check. There are many of you out there whose credit scores are bad and would prefer to avoid that process.
We have performed extensive research to gather as much useful information as possible to provide you with options that will enable you to get your hands on a new phone or at least a monthly plan without a credit check or credit card.
Moreover, there is even a way or several ways for you to get a FREE phone and free monthly plans that don’t require a credit check nor credit card. This option is available for those who qualify for the Lifeline Assistance support, either based on low-income or participating in one of the government-supported programs.
In this article, you will learn ins and outs of FREE phone options that will help you avoid credit checks and even enable you to get your hand on a FREE phone.
How to Check Your Credit Score and How to Avoid a Credit Check
Before we move any further, let’s take a look at how you can check your credit score for FREE. Even if you manage to avoid credit check phone companies, it is always good to know your own credit score.
There are three major U.S. credit bureaus – Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. With each of these, you are entitled to a free copy of your credit report every 12 months. Often times people have a much better credit score that they think, thus it is a smart decision to take advantage of free credit check.
For those of you who have poor credit results, you will definitely want to avoid phone providers that perform credit checks. In this case, you have several options to go around that issue. Here is a list of ways to get your phone with no credit check:
- USE A PREPAID CARRIER: choosing a prepaid carrier will enable you to avoid the credit check process. Moreover, there are many carriers offering prepaid plans that don’t involve any contracts, which means that you retain complete freedom and pay as you go. With a prepaid carrier you are paying for the services in advance, thus there is no financial risk for the company and as such no need for them to take precautionary measures such as credit check.
- SIGN UP FOR A FAMILY PLAN: Most carriers out there provide their existing users to add additional lines to their plans. In this case, a primary line holder is typically subject to a credit check, however, additional line holders are usually not.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: Often times this option is offered by many cell phone carriers. They let you skip the credit check if you are willing to make a security deposit. The amount of deposit varies vastly from carrier to carrier and it can be as high as $1000; depending on the plan type, of course. To get the most up-to-date information it is smart to call the carriers’ support.
- GETTING A CO-SIGNER: This is a similar principle as with loans; where you can get a co-signer to vouch for you. That means that a person that has a good credit score acts as the co-signer. Typically the account is placed on that person’s name and you are then added to the account.
- USING INTERNATIONAL CREDIT HISTORY: This option is for people, who have just moved from abroad. Nova Credit has designed technology that enables you to translate your credit data from various foreign countries, including Canada, Mexico, Australia, UK, and many others. This can help many newcomers massively with getting all sorts of credit-related purchased under their belt, which means that you can use Nova Credit’s international history report and then apply for postpaid wireless companies without any hustle.
What is Free Phone?
To avoid any confusion, let us explain what we mean by ‘Free Phone’. We are literally referring to a free mobile device. This means that there are ways to get a mobile phone for FREE. Aside from winning some sort of contest or giveaway, there are two common ways for you to get a free phone. We will take a closer look at both of these below.
Government Free Phones with No Credit Card Needed
This is the first option. Getting a free phone from the government is by far the simplest way to avoid credit check and credit card hustle.
The US government runs a program called the Lifeline Assistance, which in general gives those with low income or those participating in specific government-supported programs a $9.25 monthly discount towards their household’s telecommunication service bill – this can be either used for landline phones, wireless phones, or internet services.
Since wireless services are by far the most popular among the three, many wireless companies took the Lifeline Assistance program to the next level by offering free monthly plans and even FREE phones.
You just have to find a wireless company that offers free monthly Lifeline plans and free phones in your zip code area and then apply. If you are eligible, you will receive a best FREE flip phone or even a smartphone.
At this point, we must inform you that there isn’t a single wireless company taking part in the Lifeline Assistance program that would let you choose the exact device yourself. FREE phone is selected by the company based on current availability.
The simplest way to apply with most companies that offer free plans and free phones is online. Find a company that offers free plans in your area and look for the “apply now” button or similar on their home page.
Companies Free Phones Offers with No Credit Card Needed
Since many of you don’t meet the Lifeline Assistance eligibility criteria but still want to get a FREE phone, let us tell you that you too have a chance.
Many wireless companies run promotional deals, where you can get highly discounted devices and in some cases even FREE ones. These deals are typically available for new clients, either creating a new line from scratch or transferring an existing phone number to that carrier.
Of course, these offers often come with a specific set of rules and terms, which must be met. Oftentimes, you will have to purchase a very specific monthly plan and tight yourself down with that carrier for 2 years. However, these can be worth getting a free phone, especially considering that you would be paying for a monthly plan anyway.
5 Companies That Provide Free Cell Phones without Credit Check
As mentioned above, the best and surest way to get a free phone without a credit check is available to those who are eligible for the Lifeline Assistance. In this section, we will present you with 5 wireless companies that give you a chance to get a FREE phone without the credit check or a Free Phones with No Credit Card Needed.
NOTE: These companies don’t operate in every state and offer state-dependent plans and deals. The best way to check plans available for your area is to visit the wireless provider’s homepage and enter your zip code.
Access Wireless operates in over 30 states. Access Wireless focuses on Lifeline plans and offer all eligible free plans and a FREE phone. Read more about access wireless free phone and plans
American Assistance is not as spread as Access Wireless, it currently operates in 16 states. It also offers free plans and FREE cell phones, all without a credit check. You will, of course, have to meet the qualification for Lifeline eligibility. Read more about American Assistance free phone and plans
Assist Wireless is currently focused only on serving 5 states. They do, however, offer a variety of plans and FREE phones to those who are entitled to the Lifeline Assistance. No credit check nor a credit card is required to get the free phone. Read more about assist wireless free phone and plans
Assurance Wireless is a rather big and well know wireless provider. It also focuses on the Lifeline Assistance plans. They offer free plans and free phones to eligible households in over 40 states, giving people from most areas of the USA a chance to get a free phone without a credit check. Read more about Assurance wireless free phone
EnTouch Wireless operates in over 30 states and offers great free plans and free cell phones to those eligible for Lifeline Assistance. Of course, once you qualify, you need no credit check or credit card to enjoy your free plans and free device or get Free Phones with No Credit Card Needed.
NOTE: General instructions to find a wireless provider that offers Lifeline plans: The easiest way to find a company in your area is to use this tool: https://data.usac.org/publicreports/CompaniesNearMe/Download/Report (Visit the link and enter your ZIP code or your city and state and click the “Search” button; you will get a list of provider. To see if they offer free phones, you will have to visit their websites or call their support.) Once you have chosen the company, use their online form to apply or call their support and ask for assistance.
5 Phones That Can be Yours Without Credit Check – No Credit Card Needed
Like we mentioned above, the simplest way to get a free phone without a credit check and without the need for a credit card is if you qualify for the Lifeline Assistance. In this section, we will take a look at 5 phones that you can get for free at some of the above-presented wireless companies for free.
LG X Charge
LG X Charge is one of the best phones you can get for free. IT has a very large 5.5” screen with 1280×720 pixels resolution. It runs on the Android 7.1 Nougat operating system with Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor. It is packed with 16GB of internal storage, which is more than enough to get you by. However, if you need more storage, it accepts microSDXC of up to 200GB. Further, it has 2GB RAM that is able to process even more advanced tasks with ease.
LG X Charge has a rather impressive 4500mAH Li-Ion battery with a fast charge, which will care you around all day.
ZTE Prestige 2
ZTE Prestige 2 comes with a 5” display that enables you to browse the web and read articles with ease. Its resolution is not impressive, with 854×480 pixels won’t provide you with a crispy-clear picture, however, considering it is a free phone, it is something you can go by with.
ZTE Prestige 2 has many practical features, including a calculator, calendar, and Bluetooth 4.1. It has a rather basic 5MP rear-facing camera, which is not intended for enthusiastic photographers, however, it is more than capable of capturing memorable moments in solid light conditions.
ZTE Prestige 2 has a decent amount of internal storage of 16GB and solid 2GB RAM that will enable you even some basic multitasking.
Motorola’s Moto E4 is a solid lower mid-range smartphone. It has a large 5” display with 1280×720 pixels resolution, which makes it easy to surf the web and read the content. The phone runs on the quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor and has Android 7.1.1. Nougat operational system.
Moto E4’s 2GB RAM helps it to take on the rather advanced task without struggling too much. It also has 16GB storage, which is more than enough to store many photos, videos, and other documents.
Moreover, it has an 8MP rear camera and 5MP front one. Both perform ok in good light but don’t expect much from them in low-light conditions.
HTC Desire 626
HTC Desire 626 is a very solid lower-end mid-range smartphone. It is packed with a large 5” display with 1280×720 pixels resolution. It operates on Android 5.1 Lolipop and Qualcomm Snapdragon 2010 chipset. For a free government phone, it has a solid memory of 16GB and 1.5GB of RAM, which allows it to perform even more demanding tasks.
Moreover, HTC Desire 626 comes with a solid 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front/selfie camera, which are both capable of capturing solid and memorable photos. It also has reasonably good battery life.
Sky Devices-Platinum is an entry-level smartphone. It has a 4” display with 480 x 800 resolution. It is powered with a Quad-Core 1.2 GHz processor with 512MB of RAM, which is powerful enough to cover basic and mid-range tasks, however, it will struggle with high performance demanding tasks.
The phone has rather small internal storage of only 4GB but that can be compensated with an external microSDXC card. It also has an entry-level, 5MP camera, which is not intended to take high-quality shots, however, it is enough to capture memorable moments.
5 Companies That offer Buy Now Pay Later Phones Without Credit Check
These are companies that will let you purchase certain phone models on a ‘buy now, pay later’ basis without a credit check. This means that you will have to sign a contract that will bind you to pay monthly fees over the next 12 or 24 months, which will cover the cost of the device and recurring monthly plan. In some cases, you can choose designated plans and get a device for free or highly discounted.
Sprint Buy Now Pay Later Phones
Sprint offers a rather wide range of devices that can be leased out. Of course, the exact terms and conditions depend on individual devices and vary from plan to plan. The more expensive the plan, the better devices can be leased out.
- You must be 18 years old or above.
- You need a credit card.
- Most devices require a specific type of plan.
- Note: In order to avoid credit check, you might have to pay the full amount of the phone during the checkout process in some cases.
- Visit Sprint.com and navigate to phone online store.
- Select a device of your choice (not all devices will be available without a credit check).
- You will need to log in to your Sprint account or create one.
- Complete the checkout process.
T-Mobile Buy Now Pay Later Phones
T-Mobile is one of the leading wireless providers and on an occasional basis, it offers cell phones that can be yours without a credit check. Of course, you will have to sign a contract and take one of their monthly plans. To view the latest devices available, visit the T-Mobile website and their phone online store. Read more T-mobile free phone with plans
- T-Mobile requires an active T-Mobile account.
- You need a verified credit card.
- You must 18 years old or above.
- You need to have an income and or an active bank account number.
- Visit T-Mobile.com and log in.
- Initiate your device shopping.
- Make sure you understand and agree to their terms and conditions.
- Complete your down payment.
Verizon Buy Now Pay Later Phones
Verizon is another large wireless provider that offers phones without a credit check. On certain special deals and predefined plans, it also offers FREE devices. To view the latest deals, visit Verizon’s website and their phone online store. Read more Verizon wireless free phone and plan
- Only available for the Verizon Prepaid option (other plans require a credit check).
- You must be 18 years old or above.
- You must have an income and/or an active bank account number.
- A credit card is required.
- NOTE: Only specific entry level-smartphone lets you skip the credit check process.
- Visit Verizonwireless.com/smartphones.
- Select a device you like (stick to entry-level devices in order to avoid credit check).
- Log in to your existing Verizon account or create a new one.
- Select a prepaid plan.
- Read their terms and conditions in detail.
- Complete the down payment process.
Tello Wireless Buy Now Pay Later Phones
Tello is a wireless provider that offers no-contract plans. They enable you to choose 4G LTE minute and data plans that match your needs. Even though the leased cell phone no credit check provider offers unlimited use of download data, it slows to 64 kbps after attaining your 4G LTE data limit. There is an automatic renewal option of the plan after every thirty days. Tello plans come with no fees of cancellation, averages or activations and you don’t have to worry about incurring additional charges. Explore Tello’s website for details.
- No credit check on Pay As You Go option
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You need a working credit card to complete the purchase
- Visit Tello.com/phone.
- Select a device that you are interested in.
- Log in/create your Tello account.
- Make sure to read terms and conditions (credit check may be required on certain high-class mobile phones)
- Complete the checkout process and pay down payment or first monthly payment.
Xfinity Mobile by the Gig Buy Now Pay Later Phones
Xfinity is available to ongoing Xfinity internet subscribers. It offers unlimited text and talks with the possibility of paying up to $12 per GB on a monthly basis. It runs on CDMA 4G LTE network, one of the largest network providers in the US. Videos are streamed at 480p while Hotspot speed is 600 Kbps. Xfinity offers some of the best smartphone brands in the market including the iconic iPhone, Samsung, and LG, which all depend on their current deals. Visit Xfinity’s website for additional information.
- You need to have an active Xfinity Internet plan.
- You need a credit card.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Note: Some models might require a credit check
- Visit Xfinity.com/mobile.
- Select a device that suits your needs and budget.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully.
- Login to your Xfinity account.
- Complete the down payment/first monthly payment.
How to Get Free Phones with No Credit Card Needed Online?
Getting Free Phones with No Credit Card Needed is only possible with wireless providers that offer FREE phones to the Lifeline Assistance eligible households. With those, you will have to apply online and since their plans and SIM cards are free (for those that qualify) you won’t have to pay for anything and as such won’t need a credit card.
There are some other wireless providers that occasionally run special deals that offer FREE phones, however, to purchase their plans online you will need a credit card. There is a way to avoid the need for a credit card by visiting a local store and complete the payment with cash. This is most likely to work only with prepaid plans. For all contract-based plans, you will most likely need a credit card even if you make a purchase in a local store.