Samsung is one of the best brands in the world of consumer electronics, such as smartphones and tablets. The company keeps breaking the barriers of what’s possible and continuously offers newer, better, and more advanced devices. In addition to iPads, Samsung tablets are the most popular tablets in the world, as they are truly packed with amazing features. However, unfortunately, these devices can also be quite expensive, therefore, not everyone can afford to buy one. Luckily, there are some ways to get a free Samsung tablet and that is exactly what we’ll explore in this article.
Why Would You Wish to Get a Free Samsung Tablet?
First of all, let’s see why you would need a tablet in the first place. Isn’t having a smartphone or a laptop enough? Well, not exactly. There are many benefits to having a tablet, including portability, convenience, and versatility. With a tablet, you can browse the internet, check emails, watch videos, read books, and even play games, all in a device that is easy to carry around. Tablets also have longer battery life than most laptops, making them ideal for use on the go. In addition, many tablets have high-quality cameras, making them perfect for taking photos and videos. Tablets are also useful for work purposes, as they can be used to take notes, create presentations, and access productivity apps.
Now, why a Samsung tablet instead of another brand? Again, there are many advantages to having a Samsung tablet. They are extra light and portable, unlike iPads, Samsung tablets run Flash and have SD slots, they have great cameras and vibrant screens that enable high-quality video calling, plus, they have a wide screen ratio, which is the standard format in the web video industry.
Finally, why would you want your Samsung tablet to be free? Well, only a few people out there have so much money that they honestly don’t know how to spend it. For the rest of us, getting free stuff is always nice. It helps us save some money and thus makes our lives just a bit simpler. Moreover, many people have real financial issues, which completely disable them from buying a new tablet at full price. These people would benefit greatly from getting a free Samsung tablet.
How Can I Get a Free Samsung Tablet
Now, that we have determined that getting a free Samsung tablet would be very advantageous, let’s see how exactly we can get such a device.
There are several ways to get a free Samsung tablet, including:
- From the Government Through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP): During the pandemic, the government realized how important it is for people to have access to the internet, as for a while, we were only able to communicate, work, and educate ourselves online. As a result, the FCC launched a new government assistance program, called the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which offers discounts on monthly broadband services and a one-time discount on internet-connected devices, such as tablets, laptops, or desktop computers. Most ACP companies that offer discounted devices offer tablets. However, only eligible low-income households can apply.
- From a Carrier or Retailer Through a Promotional Deal: Several carrier companies and retailers offer frequent promotional deals on discounted or even free tablets. However, these offers come with certain conditions, such as switching to a carrier, buying another device at full price, etc.
- From Samsung: Samsung also sometimes offers promotional deals on its devices, especially tablets.
- From Non-Profit Organizations or Charities: Non-profits and charities sometimes offer free tablets or other devices for low-income people in need which can prove that they are unable to purchase a device themselves.
- Online: Nowadays, the World Wide Web also offers many opportunities to win a free device, such as a smartphone or a tablet. You can enter a giveaway contest, participate in surveys, become a marketing agent, or much more.
Let’s explore these ways to get a free Samsung tablet in more depth in the following sections.
How to Get a Free Samsung Tablet From the Government
To get a free Samsung tablet through the government’s ACP program, you must follow these simple steps:
Make Sure That You Qualify for ACP
You can qualify based on your income or participation in a qualifying assistance program.
To qualify based on income, your annual household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
To qualify based on program participation, you (or another member of your household) must participate in one of the following programs: Lifeline, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, or certain Tribal program. The household also qualifies if it received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
Moreover, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor to participate.
Make Sure You Can Prove Your Eligibility
To prove your Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) eligibility, you will need to provide specific information and documents.
To prove eligibility based on enrollment in a government assistance program, you will need to provide proof of enrollment in one of the following programs. This proof can be in a form of an approval letter, benefit statement letter, or another official document that shows that you participate in the program.
To prove eligibility based on income requirements, you will need to provide documentation such as a tax return or a benefits statement showing your income falls below the specified threshold.
You may also need to provide copies of official documents that verify your identity, age, address, or other personal information.
Apply for ACP Through the National Verifier
To apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program, there are three ways available. You can apply online at nv.fcc.gov/lifeline?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply by logging in or creating a new account, and following the on-screen prompts to provide all required information and documentation. This way, you may receive immediate approval.
Alternatively, you can print the application (affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf) and Household Worksheet (affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf) and mail them, along with proof documentation, to the ACP Support Center (ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773).
The third option is to contact your internet company directly, to see if they participate in the program and help you apply through their application process. If not, you will have to find another ACP provider and apply for their services and free tablets after your National Verifier application gets approved.
Find an ACP Company That Offers Free Samsung Tablets in Your Area
You can find a list of all the ACP providers available in your area at cnm.universalservice.org. Simply follow the link, enter your location, choose the ACP program, and press Search. The system will generate a list of all ACP companies that operate in your state of residence. Note which ones offer discounted devices on the right side. Then, you can visit all of those companies’ websites to compare their offers. This way, you will be able to find the ACP company that best fits your needs.
Generally, the best ACP companies that offer free tablets include:
- AirTalk Wireless (see the offer and enroll at airtalkwireless.com)
- Cintex Wireless (see the offer and enroll at cintexwireless.com)
- Easy Wireless (see the offer and enroll at myeasywireless.com)
- Excess Telecom (see the offer and enroll at excesstelecom.com)
- Go Technology Management (see the offer and enroll at goknows.com)
- Maxsip Telecom (see the offer and enroll at maxsipconnects.com)
- Moolah Wireless (see the offer and enroll at moolahwireless.com)
- My Tablet ACP (see the offer and enroll at mytabletacp.com)
- NewPhone Wireless (see the offer and enroll at newphone.com)
- Q Link Wireless (see the offer and enroll at qlinkwireless.com)
- StandUp Wireless (see the offer and enroll at standupwireless.com)
- Stimulus (see the offer and enroll at stimulustabletjobs.com)
- TruConnect (see the offer and enroll at truconnect.com)
Note that most of them don’t reveal the tablet brand and model in advance, as it depends on the state, plan, and availability, however, as most of them offer free Android tablets, you may be able to get one from Samsung. The companies that have confirmed to offer free Samsung tablets are AirTalk, Cintex, and NewPhone Wireless.
Apply for the Company’s Services and Enjoy the Benefits
Finally, when you choose a company, you can visit its website, find its application form, fill it out by providing all the required information and proof documentation, and submit it. If approved, you will be notified and you will shortly receive your free tablet and other benefits, which may include a free monthly wireless or data plan with free talk minutes, texts, and data.
How to Get a Free Samsung Tablet From a Carrier or Retailer
Large carriers and retailer companies often offer promotional deals on tablets. However, to get one, you may need to switch providers, sign a lengthy contract, add a line, purchase a pricey plan, trade in an old device, or buy another device at full price.
Companies that often offer such deals include Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, etc.
To get a free Samsung tablet this way, you must search for each of those companies’ deals online to see if any such deals are currently available. As these deals are only valid for a limited time, make sure to make the purchase as soon as you find one.
How to Get a Free Samsung Tablet From Samsung
Samsung also sometimes offers free tablets through promotional deals. To get a free tablet directly from Samsung, simply visit Samsung’s online store, see its current promotional deals, and if a free or discounted device is available, place it into your basket. Head to the checkout and place the online order as usual. Make sure to check if there are any conditions to the deal.
How to Get a Free Samsung Tablet From Non-Profits or Charities
Non-profit organizations and charities also sometimes offer free or discounted consumer electronics to eligible people in need. You may be able to get a used, refurbished, or even new device from such a company. However, this option is only available for low-income people who can prove that they are unable to pay for the device themselves. There may also be some other conditions. It would be wise to check the offer’s limitations in advance before applying.
How to Get a Free Samsung Tablet Online
Finally, there are many ways to get a free Samsung tablet online, including:
- By entering online giveaway contests. The winner can often get a free device. However, make sure that the contest is not a scam that is only after your personal information or money.
- By participating in surveys. There are many online survey platforms, including Amazon Vine, that reward the participants with a free tablet.
- By becoming an online reviewer. Many companies and products a looking for reviewers. If you can provide the best and most useful review, you may be able to get a free tablet.
- By becoming a marketing agent. If you have a large social media following, companies may pay you to advertise their products or they can award you with a free device.
What Kind of a Free Samsung Tablet Can I Expect to Get
It depends on where you get the tablet from. For instance, charities tend to offer refurbished, entry-level tablets. Carriers, retailers, Samsung, and certain online options may provide everything from the most basic Samsung tablets to the most advanced ones, however, they may all have certain conditions and the monthly internet plan is not included. Finally, ACP providers tend to offer mid-range Android tablets and even iPad that may not be the most advanced but they are reliable and from the top brands. Plus, they tend to come with free monthly services. Some ACP companies currently offer the following free Samsung tablet models:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2018
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2020
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Are ACP Tablets Completely Free of Charge?
No. Instead, you can get a one-time discount of up to $100 for a tablet, however, according to government rules, you must pay a mandatory co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50 to obtain the device.
Can I Get a Free ACP iPad?
Yes, some ACP providers also offer free (discounted) iPads.
Can I Get a Replacement for My Free Samsung Tablet?
It depends on the provider, however, most devices come with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty that covers all malfunctions that weren’t caused by misuse.
Can I Upgrade My ACP Free Samsung Tablet?
Some ACP providers enable customers to do so, however, the upgrades are never free of charge.