Gen Mobile is a prepaid wireless phone company that offers prepaid wireless service plans, international plans, a decent selection of prepaid phones from the best brands, access to a reliable nationwide network, and more. While Gen Mobile is certainly not among the most expensive carrier companies (its wireless plan prices start at $9 a month), however, certain families with low income find it difficult to afford even such small fees. Luckily, Gen Mobile also happens to participate in a government assistance program through which it offers discounted or even free services and devices to eligible customers. Let’s find out more!
Can I Get Gen Mobile Free Government Phone Service?
Good news! Gen Mobile participates in both government assistance programs that offer discounts on wireless services – Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Lifeline offers discounts on monthly phone and wireless services, while the ACP offers discounts on monthly internet services.
As such, Lifeline-eligible customers can apply for one of the following free wireless service plans:
- Lifeline Basic, which includes 1000 free minutes, 1000 text, and 4.5GB of data.
- Lifeline Tribal, which includes unlimited free minutes, unlimited texts, and 11GB of data.
ACP-eligible customers can apply for a wireless plan that includes unlimited talk, text, and 7GB of data. Note: All Lifeline subscribers also automatically qualify for ACP.
You can also choose another Gen Mobile plan and apply your Lifeline and/or ACP discount to that plan to get a discount.
So, the answer to whether or not you can get Gen Mobile free government phone service is yes, however, only if you qualify for these assistance programs.
Some Lifeline and ACP providers also offer discounts on mobile devices. Is Gen Mobile one of them? Let’s see in the next section.
Can I Get a Gen Mobile Free Government Phone?
Some Lifeline and/or ACP companies also offer free government-funded mobile devices and Gen Mobile is one of them! While free phones are usually provided through Lifeline and ACP generally offers discounted tablets (if any devices at all), Gen Mobile is a bit different. Through Lifeline, it only offers free or discounted monthly services, while through ACP, it offers free services, as well as a free smartphone for any eligible applicant.
While Gen Mobile’s free government phone services are offered through both Lifeline and ACP, free phones are only offered through ACP. However, as mentioned before, as all Lifeline subscribers automatically qualify for ACP, you only need to qualify for one assistance program to receive a Gen Mobile free government phone.
Guide on How to Get Gen Mobile Free Government Phone and Service
Now that you know that eligible customers can indeed get a Gen Mobile free government phone and service, let’s review the steps that you must take to get there. We’ll dive into each of those steps in more detail in the following sections.
- To get free phone and service, you must qualify for either Lifeline or ACP.
- You must be able to prove your eligibility to the company, as they must approve it.
- You must apply for the company’s Lifeline and/or ACP services.
Do I Qualify to Get Gen Mobile Free Government Phone and Service?
The Lifeline discount offers two distinct avenues for qualification: Program-Based and Income-Based.
- The unique Program-Based qualification entails that either you or a member of your household is actively enrolled in a public assistance program such as Medicaid, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), FPHA, Veterans Pension and Survivors or eligible Tribal assistance programs.
- On the other hand, the captivating Income-Based qualification necessitates that your household’s total annual gross income falls within or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
The ACP discount also offers two qualification avenues – Program-Based and Income-Based.
- The Program-Based qualification entails that either you or a member of your household is actively enrolled in a public assistance program such as Lifeline, any of the Lifeline-qualifying programs mentioned above, Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, or if the household has received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- On the other hand, the Income-Based qualification requires that your household’s total annual gross income falls within or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Moreover, to qualify for any of these programs, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of one of the states where Gen Mobile offers these benefits.
You can see whether or not Gen Mobile free government phones and services are available in your area by initiating the application process (described below).
Can I Prove My Gen Mobile Free Government Phone and Service Eligibility?
To substantiate your Lifeline/ACP eligibility, you must provide compelling evidence of program participation or income. These distinctive pathways offer you the opportunity to access the Lifeline/ACP discount, ensuring connectivity and support tailored to your individual circumstances.
You will be required to provide proof of two main things:
- Your eligibility (either income or program-based):
- Income-based eligibility: You can prove it with a copy of a valid official document that includes your full name and income, such as paycheck stubs, your employer’s income statement, tax return, child support, divorce decree, etc.
- Program-based eligibility: You can prove it with a copy of a valid official document that includes your full name, the name of the program, the issuing institution, and a valid date, such as an approval letter, benefit award letter, benefit verification letter, statement of benefits, etc.
- Your personal information:
- Identity and age: You can verify it with a copy of a valid official document that includes your full name and date of birth, such as a valid ID, passport, driver’s license, birth certificate, etc.
- Physical address: You can verify it with a copy of a valid official document that includes your full name and address, such as a valid ID, driver’s license, utility bills, mortgage or lease statement, etc.
- Emancipation status: You can verify it with a copy of a valid official document that includes your full name and emancipation status, such as a court document or an emancipation certificate.
- Other information: You may also be asked to provide some other personal information or documentation, such as proof of life, your Social Security Number, contact information, etc.
When it comes to preparing your proof documentation, make sure to find appropriate documents before you start the application process, to make sure the process is as smooth and fast as possible. Moreover, make sure to never send out original documents for safety reasons. Instead, make copies of such documents using a copy machine, scanner, camera, or smartphone, depending on how you wish to apply (online or via mail).
How to Apply for Gen Mobile Free Government Phone and Service?
Step 1: Apply for Lifeline and ACP Through the National Verifier
First, it’s best to apply for Lifeline and ACP through the National Verifier. This way, you will be enrolled on a national level and you will then be able to use your benefits with any Lifeline/ACP company that operates in your area. You can either apply online or via mail.
To apply online, follow these steps:
- Visit https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home for Lifeline and https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply for ACP.
- Log in or create a new account if prompted.
- Fill out the application forms by providing all the required information and proof documentation.
- Submit the form.
- Expect to receive approval (if you qualify) within a few minutes or a few days.
To apply via mail, follow these steps:
- Print out an application at https://www.lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf for Lifeline and at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf for ACP.
- When applying for ACP, it’s also recommended to include a Household Worksheet, available at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
- Fill out all the forms by providing all the information.
- Add physical documentation copies.
- Send the package to Lifeline/ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Step 2: Apply for a Gen Mobile Free Government Phone and Service Through Gen Mobile
You can get both a free phone and free services if you apply for Gen’s ACP plan, however, even as a Lifeline subscriber, you can apply for Gen’s ACP program. Still, to get the most benefits, it’s advisable to apply for both Lifeline and ACP benefits.
To apply for ACP benefits and receive both a free smartphone and a free monthly plan, follow these steps:
- Go to https://acp.genmobile.com/en/#!/newHome.
- Enter your ZIP code and press Start.
- If the company operates in your area, you will be redirected to its online application form.
- Fill out the form by providing all the personal information, address, eligibility information, and documentation, choosing a plan/device option, and reviewing the form.
- Submit the form.
- You will likely hear back from the company within a few days.
What to Expect After Applying for Gen Mobile Free Government Phone and Service?
After submitting your application form, the company will review it and make a decision about whether or not to approve it. You will be notified of the company’s decision within a few days via email, mail, or other contact means.
If your application got rejected, you can ask to review it to see if you made any mistakes. If so, you can ask to resubmit the application, fixing any potential issues.
If approved, you will receive a free smartphone within a few days (depending on availability) via mail. Gen Mobile doesn’t disclose which devices it offers in advance, as the offer depends on availability, state, and other factors.
You will also receive a free SIM card loaded with your free monthly service minutes, texts, and data. This way, you can insert the SIM card into the device and start enjoying your Gen Mobile free government phone services.
Can I Get a Free Tablet from Gen Mobile?
Gen Mobile’s ACP plan currently doesn’t offer free/discounted tablets, however, it may in the future.
Can I Bring My Own Phone?
Yes, if you already have a device you love, you can reject the new phone and bring your own compatible phone instead.
Can I Keep My Phone Number?
Yes, however, you must follow some transfer rules at https://www.genmobile.com/pages/assist.
How Can I Check My Coverage?
Visit https://www.genmobile.com/pages/fast-and-reliable-coverage or contact Gen’s customer support service.
How Do I Keep My Gen Mobile Free Government Phone Services?
To keep the benefits, you must remain eligible (report any eligibility changes within 30 days), use the benefits at least once every 30 days, and follow the program’s terms and conditions. You must also re-apply once a year (you will be notified in advance).
How to Learn More About Gen Mobile Free Government Phone Services?
Contact the company’s customer support system by phone at 833-528-1380 or via chat at https://tawk.to/chat/5b156bfe8859f57bdc7bd483/default. The representatives are available every day from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET.