Does Gen Mobile Offer Free Tablets
Gen Mobile is a wireless company and a part of the DISH family of brands. Its mission is to deliver high-quality low-cost wireless services through its affordable nationwide and international mobile plans. The company’s plan prices start at $9 a month and their services include free international calls to over 100 destinations.
In addition to monthly services, the company also offers a decent variety of mobile devices, including free basic phones, free Android smartphones, iPhones, and data devices. Gen also provides a Bring Your Device program that enables customers to bring their own compatible devices (phones, hotspots, or tablets) to Gen Mobile and use them with Gen’s services. However, one thing that is currently missing from Gen’s list of available products is tablets. The company currently doesn’t seem to offer any types of tablets, may it be free, discounted, or at full price.
Still, Gen Mobile does participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program, and even though it does not particularly state to offer free tablets to eligible customers, it does mention that generally, qualifying households may be able to receive a one-time discount on a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet. As such, it is uncertain whether or not Gen Mobile offers free tablets. However, if it does, the offer seems to only be available to ACP subscribers in certain conditions.
About Gen Mobile’s Affordable Connectivity Program
Gen Mobile is one of those wireless providers that participate in the Federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which is a new long-term benefit program that helps low-income households afford broadband services they need for work, school, healthcare, and more.
The ACP program operates by providing wireless companies, such as Gen Mobile, government funds that enable companies to offer broadband benefits to eligible low-income households. Eligibility is based on income or other factors.
Gen Mobile’s ACP program offers:
- A free monthly Gen Mobile 7GB plan
- And a one-time device subsidy on an eligible device per eligible household.
The device that Gen Mobile’s ACP customers are most likely to receive with a discount is a smartphone. However, eligible customers (depending on the location and availability) may also receive this one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet if they pay a mandatory co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50. As Gen Mobile does generally not sell computers, laptops, or tablets, it is unlikely to offer you a discount on such a device.
Gen Mobile’s ACP benefits are limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per eligible household. They are non-transferable.
How to Qualify for the ACP and Potentially Receive a Gen Mobile Free Tablet
As mentioned before, even though Gen Mobile’s ACP offer depends on the location and availability, it is unlikely that you would currently be able to receive a Gen Mobile free tablet. Instead, you would probably receive a free smartphone along with free monthly services.
However, if the company would in the future start offering Gen Mobile free tablets, you would qualify under one of the following conditions:
- If your annual household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- If you or any of your household members participate in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline.
- If you or any of your household members participate in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, Head Start, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year; or
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
A household is defined as a group of people who live together and share money (even if they are not related to each other).
Moreover, applicants must be at least 18 years old or emancipated minors and residents of one of the states where Gen Mobile offers its services.
Do I Need to Prove My ACP Eligibility in Order to Perhaps Receive a Gen Mobile Free Tablet
If it is (or will be in the future) possible to get a Gen Mobile free tablet, you would have to prove your ACP eligibility if you would hope to receive the device through the company’s ACP benefit program.
To prove your ACP eligibility, you must provide a copy of a valid official document that proves that you meet an ACP eligibility requirement (low income, participation in another government assistance program, or the Federal Pell Grant). Depending on your criteria, you will be required to provide:
- An official document that includes your full name and income and proves your annual household income, such as a paycheck stub, current income statement from your employer, a prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, a Social Security statement of benefits, Veterans Administration statement of benefits, Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, a retirement/pension statement of benefits, divorce decree, or child support award.
- An official document that includes your full name, the name of the program (or the award), the name of the institution that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months or a future expiration date, such as an approval letter, benefit award letter, benefit verification letter, statement of benefits, or school documentation.
In addition to proving that you meet ACP eligibility criteria, you may also be asked to provide documents that prove your identity, age, address, and emancipation status (in the case of emancipated minors).
You will be required to provide these proofs during the application process. Make sure to provide clear copies and never submit originals!
How Do I Apply For Gen Mobile’s ACP to Potentially Receive a Gen Mobile Free Tablet
New and current Gen Mobile customers who are ACP-eligible and able to prove it can enroll by following these simple instructions:
- Visit acp.genmobile.com/Enrollment/GM/en/Web/www/gen/index.html#!/newHome.
- Enter your ZIP code in the provided search box and press ‘Start’.
- If Gen Mobile offers its ACP discounts in your area, you will be redirected to the company’s online application form.
- Fill out the form by providing all the required personal information, address, eligibility information, and proof documentation.
- During the application process, you will also be required to choose a plan and device option.
- In the end, review and submit the application.
- If your application gets approved, you will be notified via email by the company.
Note: In order to keep the benefit, you must remain eligible, use the services at least once a month, and reapply every year.
If I Cannot Receive a Gen Mobile Free Tablet, Can I Bring My Own
In case you cannot receive a Gen Mobile free tablet but you have your own, you can bring it to Gen Mobile and use it with Gen’s free monthly services.
You can purchase a Gen Mobile activation kit for hotspot and tablet activation at genmobile.com/collections/all-phones/products/bring-your-own-data-device. The kit only costs $1 and it will enable you to activate any unlocked, compatible GSM data device on Gen’s network.
See whether or not your tablet (or another device) is compatible with Gen’s services at genmobile.com/pages/byop.
In case you also need information Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Free Tablet
If I Cannot Receive a Gen Mobile Free Tablet, Can I Get One From Another Provider
In case Gen Mobile currently doesn’t offer ACP discounts on tablets in your area, you can still get a free tablet from other providers.
If you qualify for ACP, you can try to apply for a free tablet at an ACP company that offers its services in your area. Try the following providers:
- AirTalk Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Go Technology Management
- Maxsip Telecom
- NewPhone Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
If you don’t qualify for ACP, you should also try your luck with:
- A charity or non-profit organization, such as Adaptive.Org, Causes, Computers For Learning, Cty.Org, EveryoneOn, Microsoft Registered Refurbished, On It Foundation, Smartriverside, Technology Assisting People in Need, The Salvation Army, and World Computer Exchange.
- Carriers and retailers that sometimes offer special deals
- Online offers, such as Amazon Vine, online giveaways, by becoming a marketing agent or reviewer, by taking online surveys, etc.
If you need information How To Get Free Government Tablet