AT&T is one of the largest carrier companies in the U.S. It offers a large variety of mobile devices, frequent deals on those devices, TV services, internet, and wireless services, and both prepaid and postpaid cell phone services. AT&T also offers the second-largest 4G and 5G network coverage that reaches approximately 99% of the population.
Obviously, the company offers a lot of benefits. However, as the prices are accordingly high, not everybody can enjoy these amazing perks. Still, there is a way to get affordable internet services from AT&T! In this article, you will find out exactly how to get AT&T internet for only $10 a month, which is pretty exciting!
AT&T Internet Service Plans
AT&T offers Fiber internet plans. These include:
- 300Mbps plan for $55 plus taxes; connects 10 devices.
- 500Mbps plan for $65 plus taxes; connects 11 devices.
- Up to 1 GIG speed for $80 plus taxes; connects 12 devices.
- 2 GIG speed for $110 plus taxes; connects 12+ devices.
- 5 GIG speed for $180 plus taxes; connects 12+ devices.
These plans offer incredible internet speeds that enable elite gaming, HD streaming, sharing large files, and using the internet on various different devices. However, the prices of these plans are quite high. Luckily, AT&T offers an alternative for low-income customers.
How Do I Get AT&T Internet for $10 a Month?
In addition to the pricey internet plans mentioned above, AT&T also offers a benefit program called Access from AT&T. This program covers internet plans of up to 100Mbps that are very affordable or even completely free of charge (plans depend on availability and areas).
Access from AT&T is a low-cost program for home internet access available in 21 states where the company offers wireline home internet services to limited-income households. The program is only offered to eligible low-income customers. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) subscribers automatically qualify. See other eligibility criteria below. Learn more about Access from AT&T at att.com/internet/access.
You can also get a discount on your monthly internet services directly through ACP. This option enables you to save on any plan available in your area and even get 100Mbps for free through the government assistance program. Learn more about AT&T’s ACP discounts on home internet at att.com/help/affordable-connectivity-program/internet.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government assistance program that was launched during the pandemic and designed to provide discounts of up to $30 a month or even $75 a month for eligible households living on Tribal lands on monthly broadband services. Some ACP providers also offer a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase an internet-connected device, such as a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer by contributing more than $10 and less than $50 towards the purchase price.
So, to answer the question “How do I get AT&T internet for $10 a month” – you can get it through Access from AT&T, which is powered by the government FCC’s ACP program, or directly through AT&T’s ACP program.
How Do I Get AT&T Internet for $10 a Month – The Process
Getting free or affordable internet from AT&T’s Access program involves just two simple steps:
- Get approved for the Affordable Connectivity Program. First, you have to make sure that you qualify (see the eligibility criteria below). Then, go ahead and apply at nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true. The government’s National Verifier will determine your eligibility. In case you are already an ACP subscriber, you can continue with step 2.
- Sign up for Access from AT&T. To do so call 855.795.3024 to discuss your options with a representative from AT&T and to order your service. When making this call, make sure to have your National Verifier application ID handy.
If, on the other hand, you wish to get your AT&T internet discount directly through ACP, you must follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you qualify for the ACP program and gather the documentation that will prove your eligibility.
- Apply for the ACP program through the National Verifier at nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true.
- Then, go to att.com/help/affordable-connectivity-program/internet/. Select whether you are a new AT&T customer or an existing one and press ‘Apply Benefit/Get Started’. Follow the on-screen prompts to sign up for the discount.
Do I Qualify to Receive a Discounted AT&T Internet Plan?
In case you decide to apply directly through AT&T’s ACP program or the company’s Access program, you first have to make sure that you qualify for the government ACP assistance program.
The ACP benefit is only available to one person per eligible household in it’s non-transferable. A household is ACP-eligible if it meets one of the following eligibility criteria:
- The household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- A household member participates in one of these assistance programs:
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
- A household member participates in one of these assistance programs and lives on Qualifying Tribal lands:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (income-based)
- A household received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
On the other hand, you can also get Access from AT&T without ACP. Access is also available to households that participate in the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutritional Access Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for California residents only
- National School Lunch Program
- And it is available for households with an income below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. View the table below to see the maximum household income based on the number of people who live in your household.
|Number of people in the household||Maximum household income|
|For each additional person add:||$9,440|
What Information Do I Need to Provide to Qualify for AT&T’s Discounted Internet?
Depending on your eligibility criteria, you will need to provide a copy of any required documentation listed below.
- To prove your income, send a copy of your current employer’s W-2 or SSA-1099 form, paycheck stubs for the most recent month, or statement of benefits from Social Security, Unemployment, or Workers’ Compensation. The document must include your full name and income.
- To prove your participation in a qualifying government assistance program or the reception of a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year, you must provide an acceptance letter, a benefit award letter, a benefit verification letter, a statement of benefits, or school documentation. The document must include your full name, the name of the program, the name of the institution that issued the document, and an issue date within the last year or a future expiration date.
During the application process, you will also be required to verify your identity (you can do so with a copy of your ID, passport, birth certificate, etc.), address (confirm it with your ID, driver’s license, utility bill, etc.), age (emancipated minors must also provide proof of emancipation), etc.
These documents will be required when you apply through the National Verifier and AT&T. If you first apply through the National Verifier and then through AT&T, make sure to have your National Verifier application ID handy, as you will have to provide it during the application process as well.
Note: The document you provide must be official and valid and the copy clear. Make sure to never submit original documents.
Is There Another Way to Get AT&T Internet for $10 a Month?
The only way that definitely offers AT&T’s discounted internet services is through the Access program or the ACP program directly.
In addition, AT&T may occasionally offer some special offers for AT&T Internet and AT&T Fiber services. These offers are only available for a limited period of time. You can check out whether or not some special deals are available now at com/deals/internet-tv.
Existing AT&T Wireless customers may also be eligible to receive a Reward Card when they add AT&T Fiber. Get more information about the deals available to customers who bundle AT&T’s internet and wireless services at att.com/bundles/internet-wireless/.
In case you also need information Best AT&T Deals for Existing Customers
Is It Possible To Get Free Unlimited Internet Service From AT&T With The Affordable Connectivity Program?
Yes, you can get free unlimited internet through AT&T’s Access Program, however, you must first apply for the ACP program, sign up for the Access program, and apply your ACP discount there. However, this program offers plans up to 100Mbps.
Can I Get a Discount on AT&T’s Internet Services Through Lifeline?
Yes, but indirectly. Lifeline subscribers automatically qualify for the ACP program, however, they must still apply for the ACP discount and then apply for the discount on AT&T’s internet services as well.
What AT&T Internet plans are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program benefit?
The ACP benefit is available on all AT&T Internet plans, including AT&T Fiber, which is now delivering up to 5 GIG speeds in select areas. If you select an internet plan that costs more than the monthly benefit available through the ACP, you must pay any amount over the $30 per month (or over $75 per month on Tribal lands) ACP benefit.