Let’s start by telling you that you have quite many options when it comes to getting a free government phone in Ohio since there is a rather great number of wireless providers offering Lifeline assistance in this state.
In case you’ve never heard of Lifeline before, it is a government-supported program offering households with low income and those who have a family member participating in a government-supported program a $9.25 monthly discount on telecommunicational services.
However, many wireless companies decided to be generous and offer not only discounted services but completely FREE monthly plans. Some even took it a step further and offer those eligible a free Ohio government phone.
Why Ohio Residents Should Get Free Cell Phone Service
Lifeline provides free devices and cell phone service throughout the United States and the state of Ohio is no exception. The program allows low-income families to stay connected to their loved ones, colleagues, medical services, and more. Free cell phone service enables Ohio residents to look for job opportunities from the comfort of their own home or wherever they may currently be, which is especially important and convenient in times of a pandemic. It also helps ensure that the residents stay safe at all times as they may contact any emergency numbers they may need. As staying connected can sometimes mean the difference between life or death, it is of utmost importance to stay connected, even if you are from a low-income family.
Who Can Get a Free Government Phone in Ohio?
There are two ways for a household to qualify for Lifeline assistance:
- Household’s income is 135% or lower than the federal poverty guidelines (https://www.lifelinesupport.org/do-i-qualify/federal-poverty-guidelines/).
- A household member participates in one of the following government support programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs
- Tribal-specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), Head Start
NOTE: In addition to apply, which can always be done online after a wireless providers has been chosen, you will need to provide proof of identity and proof of low income OR proof of participation in one of the above programs.
Meeting the above qualification conditions gives your household the right to get Lifeline assistance, which can be used only for one service (landline or wireless) per household. However, getting a free government phone in Ohio is something that certain wireless companies offer.
To see which providers will give you a free government phone in Ohio and what sort of deals they offer, we gathered all the useful information for many reputable wireless companies to make your choice as easy and simple as possible.
How to Apply for Free Government Cell Phone Service in Ohio
Before you can apply for free cell phone service in the state of Ohio, you have to choose a Lifeline provider. As there are many providers available in Ohio, it’s best to do your research before committing to one. Take your time to review the different plans they offer and to select the right provider that will best fit your and your family’s needs. In the next chapter, you can see a list of free government phone Lifeline providers in Ohio.
Free Government Phone Lifeline Providers in Ohio
Below is a list of wireless providers in Ohio. Some of them offer discounted plans, some FREE ones, and with some, you can even get your hands on a free government phone. Below, there is more than enough information for you to choose the one that best fits your household.
Access Wireless provides customers with a free monthly allotment of 250 minutes, unlimited text messages, and 3GB free data each month.
You may also receive a mobile phone free of charge. Once you are an approved customer, you also have an option to upgrade your phone and add it to your plan.
To apply, visit https://www.accesswireless.com/lifeline/Availability, enter your zip code, click the “Learn More” button, and on the next page click on the “ENROLL” button.
- Online contact form: https://www.accesswireless.com/contact-us
- Phone support (available during working hours: Monday – Friday: 8am – Midnight EST, Saturday: 9am – Midnight EST, Sunday: 10am – 7pm EST):
- New Customers: 1-888-900-5899
- Existing Customers: 1-866-594-3644
- Address: Access Wireless / i-Wireless LLC, 1 Levee Way Newport, Kentucky 41071 United States
- Find a local store: https://www.accesswireless.com/buy-cards
Assurance Wireless offers FREE 3GB of data, FREE UNLIMITED texts, and FREE 350 voice minutes each month.
On top of that, you will also get a free android smartphone. You cannot choose a device yourself, you get the one selected by the Assurance Wireless provider based on their policy and current availability.
To apply, visit https://www.assurancewireless.com/, enter your zip code and then click on the “APPLY NOW” button on the next page.In case you also need information visit how to get free Assurance wireless phone and plans
- Phone: 1-888-321-5880
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Assurance Wireless, P.O. Box 5040, Charleston, IL 61920-9907
American Assistance Lifeline plan includes 500 free minutes, unlimited text messages, and 3GB free data each month.
American Assistance also offers a free smartphone with a $25 Activation Fee.
To apply for American Assistance in Ohio, visit https://www.americanassistance.com/sign-up/ and click on the blues “APPLY ONLINE” under the section Apply online (Non-California residents).
- Phone: Call at 1-877-266-7212
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: 1-877-211-3705
- Address: American Assistance, One Seagate, Suite 600, Toledo, OH 43604
In general, they offer a $10 discount to all their plans for Lifeline qualified users. However, if you can’t pay, eligible customers can receive free service. For more details call 1-866-488-8719.
If you qualify, you can receive:
- FREE 1000-minute plan, which includes 1000 free minutes, unlimited texts, and 100MB of data
- Tribal Residents Plan, which includes unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and 5GB of data.
To apply online visit https://www.entouchwireless.com/lifeline and click on the “APPLY NOW” button.
- Online contact form: https://www.entouchwireless.com/contact
- Email: [email protected]
- Customer Support Hours: Monday-Friday: 10am to 7pm CST, Saturday: 11am to 7pm CST, Sunday: Closed
- Phone support: 866-488-8719
- Address: PO BOX 37, Hiawatha, IA 52233
FeelSafe Wireless plan includes 1000 free voice minutes, 500 texts, and 3GB of data each month.
You also get a free Ohio government phone with FeelSafe Wireless’s Lifeline plan.
To apply online, visit https://www.feelsafewireless.com/ohio-free-government-phoneand click on the “APPLY ONLINE” button.
- Online form: https://www.feelsafewireless.com/contact
- Hours of customer support: Monday – Saturday: 10AM-10PM EST, Sunday Closed
- Phone: 877-247-7799
- Address: FeelSafe Wireless, 2425 Franklin, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Life Wireless Lifeline free plan includes 1000 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited MMS, and 3GB of data.
As part of the Life Wireless Lifeline program, you can expect to receive a free phone.
To apply, visit https://www.lifewireless.com/, enter your email address and your zip code in the top orange box and click the “START NOW” button.
- Online contact form: https://www.lifewireless.com/contactus
- Email: [email protected]
- Customer Support Hours: Monday-Friday: Mon-Fri 9-6pm EST
- Phone support: 1-888-543-3620 -OR- dial 611 from your Life Wireless phone
- Address: Life Wireless, PO Box 2840, Covington, GA 30015
- Find a local store: https://www.lifewireless.com/stores
Q Link Wireless
Q-Link Wireless Lifeline FREE plan includes 1000 minutes, unlimited texts, and 3GB of data.
As part of the Q-Link Wireless Lifeline program, you can expect to receive a free phone. They offer a variety of entry-level smartphones. As with most free government cell phone companies, you are not able to choose the exact device yourself.
You also have the option of upgrading your phone for as little as $25.
- Online contact form: https://qlinkwireless.com/members/support.aspx
- Customer Support Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-12am EST, Sat-Sun 9am-6pm EST
- Phone support: 1-855-754-6543
- Fax: 1-855-837-5465
- Address: 499 E Sheridan St #400, Dania Beach, FL 33004
SafeLink Wireless Lifeline FREE plan includes 350 minutes, unlimited texts, and 3GB of data within the ‘Use your own Phone’ program.
To apply, visit https://www.safelinkwireless.com, enter your zip code and click the “START” button.
You can read one of our past articles Safelink wireless phone and plans
- Customer Support Hours: Monday – Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. EST, Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 7 p.m. EST
- Phone support: 1-800-723-3546
- Address: SafeLink Wireless PO Box 220009, Milwaukie, OR 97269-0009
- Find a local dealer: https://www.safelink.com/wps/portal/home/retailers
StandUp Wireless FREE plan includes 300 minutes, unlimited texts, and 3GB of data.
- $5: 250 min, 250MB
- $10: unlimited min, unlimited texts, 1GB of data
- $20: unlimited min, unlimited texts, 3GB of data
- $30: unlimited min, unlimited texts, 8GB of data
To apply, visit https://standupwireless.com/lifeline/eligibility/, scroll down and click on the “Apply Now” button.
At StandUp Wireless, they don’t specify if you can get a free government phone or not. They do, however, offer ‘Bring your own Phone’ program.
- Call: 1-800-544-4441 (Monday – Saturday 8am – 10pm EST, Sunday 9am – 6pm EST)
- Email: [email protected]
- Sales Inquiry: [email protected]
- Address: StandUp Wireless, PO Box 2148 Norcross, GA 30091
TruConnect offers a FREE Lifeline bundle that includes 1000 monthly minutes, unlimited text messages, and 3GB of data on a monthly basis. It also includes unlimited calls to selected countries.
To apply, visit https://www.truconnect.com/, enter your zip code and email address, and click the “Apply Now” button.
As part of the TruConnect Lifeline program, you will receive a free phone. They provide no specific information on which models are they providing, thus you should call their support or a local dealer if you need more details.
- Online contact form: https://www.truconnect.com/contact-us
- Customer Support Hours: Monday-Saturday 5am PST – 9pm PS
- Phone support: 800-430-0443
- Address: find local dealers (https://www.truconnect.com/locations)
Tempo Communications offers a FREE Lifeline bundle that includes unlimited monthly minutes, unlimited text messages, and 3GB of data on a monthly basis.
As part of the Tempo Communications Lifeline program, you can expect to receive a free phone. They provide no specific information, thus you should call their support or a local dealer.
Additional Top-Ups for Lifeline users:
- Top-Up 250 for $5: 250 minutes
- Top-Up 500 for $10: 500MB
- Top-Up 1000 for $15: 1GB
- Customer Support Hours: Monday – Friday 7 AM – 5 PM Central
- Phone support: (888) 565-1011 and (877) 822-8501 (purchase)
- Address: 1390 Aspen Way, Vista, CA 92081
- Find local dealer: https://mytempo.com/dealer-locator/
Free Government Phone Ohio Other Things You Need to Know
Are free phones really free?
Yes. Regardless of which Lifeline provider you choose, Lifeline service is always 100% free to eligible customers. If you qualify, you will receive a free mobile device and a free plan.
What type of phone can I get for free (flip phone or iPhone or smartphone?
It depends on the Lifeline provider as each provider offers different Lifeline phones. Some also offer Lifeline discounts on some more advanced models. Normally, Lifeline providers offer free smartphones. iPhones, on the other hand, tend to come with major Lifeline discounts.
Can I switch Lifeline providers in Ohio?
Typically, you can switch Lifeline service providers in case you have used their service for at least 60 days. You simply contact another Lifeline provider and ask them to transfer your Lifeline benefits.
Can I have two Lifeline phones?
No, government rules prohibit eligible low-income members from receiving more than 1 Lifeline discount of any kind per household.
Can I change my government phone?
Yes, you can change your government phone, however, you will probably have to pay a small fee. If you change your Lifeline provider, on the other hand, you will automatically receive a new government phone.
Based on the information above, you should be able to choose the best wireless provider that will offer you a free monthly plan with a sufficient amount of credits and perhaps even a free Ohio government phone.