Does NewPhone Wireless Offer the Affordable Connectivity Program?
NewPhone Wireless is a government Lifeline Assistance service provider that offers free cell phone service and free government phones to eligible customers. As of December 31, 2021, when the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) launched, NewPhone Wireless is also a proud ACP provider.
The Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP is a brand new government benefit program by the FCC designed to help ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, education, healthcare, and other services. The ACP benefit provides a discount toward internet service of up to $30 a month for non-Tribal eligible households and up to $75 a month for eligible households residing on qualifying Tribal lands. ACP-eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. To receive this device discount customers must pay a co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is the program that has replaced the now-expired Emergency Broadband Benefit, which was created in response to the COVID-19 crisis and designed to help families struggling to afford internet service during the pandemic. As the program has proven vital for countless households throughout the country, the government has decided to extend and modify it. The modification resulted in the new ACP program, which offers similar benefits as the former EBB program and was launched on the same day its predecessor expired (December 31, 2021).
As mentioned, NewPhone Wireless does offer the Affordable Connectivity Program and you can see exactly what kind of benefits and discount it offers in the next section.
What States Does NewPhone Offer Service In?
NewPhone Wireless offers services throughout the United States. The New Phone Wireless ACP benefits are available in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Washington.
The Benefits of NewPhone Wireless ACP Program
NewPhone Wireless offers both Lifeline and ACP benefits. However, customers who qualify for both programs can get the most benefits. The benefits of NewPhone Wireless ACP depend on the state and availability, however, currently, the company offers the following discounts and advantages:
- Free monthly cell phone service with:
- Free talk
- Free text
- Free data
- Nationwide calling, call waiting, caller ID, 3-way calling, voicemail, free 911, text and picture messaging, the ability to connect to Wi-Fi, and more.
- Additional discount on broadband service (for ACP customers)
- A free 4G/5G LTE smartphone (for Lifeline customers)
- A brand new Alcatel tablet for only $10.01 (for ACP customers)
Read more at apply.newphone.com.
Who Qualifies for the NewPhone Wireless ACP Program?
To qualify for the NewPhone Wireless ACP program, you must be a resident of one of the states where the provider offers its services. In addition, you must be ACP-eligible.
ACP eligibility criteria are determined by the FCC. As such, all ACP providers have similar criteria. To be ACP-eligible, you or any of your household members must meet at least one of the criteria below:
- Have an annual household income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Participate in a qualifying government assistance program, such as:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Participate in a qualifying Tribal assistance program, such as:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Meet the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
What Documents Are Required to Sign Up for NewPhone Wireless ACP?
During your NewPhone Wireless ACP application process, you will be required to prove your eligibility. As such, NewPhone Wireless offers a secure proof verification system. All your documentation is verified through the government’s secure system. Your documents are guaranteed to be confidential. Nevertheless, make sure to only submit copies made with a scanner or camera instead of originals.
Depending on your eligibility criteria you may be asked to provide some of the following documents:
- To verify your identity, you may need to provide an official document that includes your full name and date of birth. Document examples include: a valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID, birth certificate, U.S. driver’s license, passport, certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization, permanent resident card or Green Card, government assistance program document, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document.
- To verify your address, you may be asked to provide an official document that includes your full name and your physical address. Qualifying document examples are: driver’s license, valid government, state, or Tribal ID, utility bill, mortgage or lease statement, or most recent W-2 or tax return.
- To prove your participation in a qualifying government assistance program, you may need to submit an official document that includes your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months. Eligible documents include: benefit award letter, approval letter, statement of benefits, or a benefit verification letter.
- To prove that your annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you may be asked to provide an official document that includes your full name and your annual income. Qualifying document examples: prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub, a Social Security statement of benefits, Veterans Administration statement of benefits, Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, divorce decree, child support award, or a retirement/pension statement of benefits.
To enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Provider you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor. Therefore, emancipated minors are also required to provide an official document that proves their emancipated minor status, such as a court document or the certificate of emancipation.
How to Sign Up and Receive the NewPhone Wireless ACP Benefits?
Enrolling in the NewPhone Wireless ACP program is as simple as it gets. To sign up and receive the NewPhone Wireless ACP benefits you must follow the following instructions:
- Step 1: Apply online from the comfort of your own home. You can do so by visiting apply.newphone.com, entering your ZIP code and email address in the provided boxes, and pressing ‘Apply Now’. You will be redirected to the online application form, which you will be able to complete by providing the required information in as little as 5 minutes.
- Step 2: During your application process you will be required to provide certain documents that may prove your ACP eligibility. Your proofs will be verified through the government’s secure system.
- Step 3: Once your NewPhone Wireless ACP application is approved, you will receive the phone and perhaps the tablet within 7 to 10 business days. Shipping is free of charge. In addition, your service discounts will be applied to your next billing cycle.
Before you start the application process, make sure you are ACP-eligible (see the requirement above) and gather all the required proofs to make the process as fast as possible.
Read more at apply.newphone.com.
In case you also need information on How to Get NewPhone Wireless Free iPhone
The Limitations of the NewPhone Wireless ACP
The NewPhone Wireless ACP program has some rules and restrictions all customers must follow. Any violation of these rules will result in de-enrollment from the program.
- Only ACP-eligible households can participate.
- The ACP benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
- NewPhone Wireless ACP benefit cannot be transferred to any other people, including other household members.
- Each eligible household can only receive the ACP benefit from one ACP provider at a time. However, you can switch to another provider at any time.
- Each subscriber must use their ACP benefit at least once a month, otherwise, the benefit will be suspended.
- In case a subscriber is no longer ACP-eligible, he or she must inform the provider within 30 days.
- NewPhone Wireless ACP participation is subject to the company’s terms and conditions. Read more at newphone.com/terms-conditions.
NewPhone Wireless ACP FAQs
I Already Receive Service From Another Provider. Can I Switch to NewPhone Wireless?
Yes, you can switch from one ACP provider to another at any time. However, you cannot receive the ACP discounts from two providers at a time.
How Long Will It Take to Receive Approval?
Generally, it only takes 20 to 30 minutes for an application to be approved. Nevertheless, some applications may take 3 to 4 days or longer to be approved. This delay may occur due to the fact that some proof documents need to be reconfirmed. Once your application is approved, you will receive an email confirmation with a tracking number for your order.
How Can I Check My Application Status?
You can check your application status at newphone.com/check-status. You will need to log into your account.
When Will I Receive My Free Phone and Free Service After I Sign Up?
Once your service is approved, your order will be shipped within 7 to 10 business days.
What Smartphone Devices Does NewPhone Wireless Offer?
The company offers premium mobile devices. The NewPhone Wireless ACP-eligible customers can expect to receive a free 4G or 5G LTE smartphone. Moreover, NewPhone is one of the very few Lifeline and ACP providers that also offer Apple iPhones in addition to Android smartphones. You can expect to receive a quality device, such as an iPhone 6S, a Samsung Galaxy S7, or another device from a reputable brand, such as Apple, Samsung, Motorola, or LG. The device you may receive is subject to product availability.
Can I Bring My Own Phone?
Yes. NewPhone Wireless offers a BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program, which enables customers to bring their old phone to their network. However, the phone must be compatible with NewPhone services. Read more at newphone.com/shop/byop.
Can I Keep My Own Number?
Yes, you can bring your existing phone number to NewPhone Wireless.
What to do if I Enrolled in the EBB Program?
NewPhone Wireless customers who have enrolled in the EBB program before December 31, 2021, will continue to receive the EBB benefits during the 60-day transition period. Afterward, your benefits will automatically be transferred to the new ACP program.
How Long Will the NewPhone Wireless ACP Last?
Unlike the former EBB program, the new ACP benefit is a long-term assistance program. It will end until the funds are exhausted and in case it comes to an end, you will get notified by the provider.
What Happens After the Program Ends?
In case the ACP program ends, all plans will revert to the standard Lifeline plan offered at the time. Subscribers will be able to keep their plan, however, the plan will be subject to all standard rates.