Have you heard about AirTalk yet? Did you hear that it supposedly offers free phone and wireless services, as well as free smartphones (Android and iPhones) and highly discounted tablets? Does it sound a bit too good to be true? Well, there are all sorts of offers online and many of them are scams, as such, it is smart to be distrustful. However, some of the services out there happen to be true after all. Today we will answer this simple question – Is AirTalk Wireless legit?
Is AirTalk Wireless Legit?
We are happy to inform you that AirTalk is one of the companies whose offer may sound too good to be true, but it is!
AirTalk Wireless (formerly known as FeelSafe Wireless) is a Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program provider that is owned by a reputable Texas-based company called HTH Communications. AirTalk is a brand that focuses solely on providing free and discounted phone, wireless, and internet services and devices to eligible low-income households who are struggling to afford them.
AirTalk Wireless is a completely legit service that offers all of what you may have heard and more. However, subscribing to AirTalk is only possible for people who qualify for the company’s services.
What Exactly Does AirTalk Wireless Offer?
AirTalk Wireless is a Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity (ACP) provider that offers a government assistance program for eligible households in need. It offers:
- Free monthly unlimited mobile plans (Lifeline Only, ACP Only, or Lifeline & ACP Combo) that include:
- Free monthly talk minutes
- Free monthly text messages
- Free monthly high-speed data
- Free mobile phone. Each eligible applicant can receive a Airtalk free phone; customers who qualify for both government assistance programs, Lifeline and ACP, can even choose which phone they wish to receive. They can select from a large variety of free phones from the most reputable brands, such as Apple, Samsung, and Motorola. See the selection at airtalkwireless.com/free-phone.
- ACP-eligible customers can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 on a high-quality tablet from a top brand. The prices of discounted tablets start at only $10.01. See the selection of ACP-discounted tablets at airtalkwireless.com/tablet.
So, yes – the rumors are true! The company indeed offers both free services and mobile devices and AirTalk Wireless is legit and completely trustworthy!
Are There Any Limitations of AirTalk Wireless Services?
Everything that sounds too good to be true comes with certain rules and limitations, though! So, these are AirTalk’s service restrictions:
- AirTalk’s services and devices are only available for eligible low-income households (see the criteria below). If you no longer qualify, you must inform the company within 30 days.
- Only one Lifeline and one ACP benefit is available per eligible household.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
- The applicant must be a resident of one of the states where AirTalk offers its services – Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New York, New Jersey, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- Lifeline and ACP benefits are non-transferable and cannot be transferred to another household or person, even if they are eligible.
- You can only receive the benefits from one provider at a time, however, you can switch to another provider at any time.
- To keep the benefits, you must re-certify once a year and use the benefits at least once every 30 days.
How Can I Become an AirTalk Wireless Subscriber?
Becoming an AirTalk Wireless subscriber comes with a long list of benefits, as such, it’s worth exploring how it’s done. To enroll in AirTalk’s generous assistance program, you must follow these simple steps:
- First, you must check your eligibility. Not only must you abide by all the rules listed above, but you must also meet the FCC-determined Lifeline and/or ACP eligibility requirements. You are Lifeline-eligible if your annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines or if a member of the household participates in an assistance program, such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, Tribal programs, etc. Households are considered ACP-eligible if the annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, if a household received a Federal Pell Grant, or if a member participates in Lifeline, a Lifeline-qualifying program, WIC, etc.
- Secondly, you must be able to prove your eligibility by providing a copy of a valid official document that verifies the vital information.
- Lastly, you must apply. You can first apply through the National Verifier or you can do it directly at airtalkwireless.com. Press ‘Apply Now’ and follow the on-screen prompts. Complete the application form by providing all the required information and proof documentation. The company will review your application and if approved, you will be notified shortly.