‘LTE Wireless Free Tablet’ is a phrase that is commonly searched online. As such, you may have heard of this phrase before or you may have Googled it yourself. Regardless of whether you are searching for free tablets provided by a company called LTE Wireless or if you are looking for free tablets with LTE wireless connectivity, you have come to the right place, as in this article, you’ll learn everything there is to know about an LTE Wireless Free Tablet.
What is LTE Wireless?
‘LTE Wireless’ can refer to two very different things:
- It can refer to a wireless company called ‘LTE Wireless’. This company offers wireless services and business landline services at affordable prices. The company’s wireless plan prices range from $20 to $75 and offer unlimited talk, text, and either 1GB, 5GB or 10GB of 5G/4G LTE data a month.
The phrase ‘LTE Wireless Free Tablet’ would in this case refer to free computer tablets that are offered by the company LTE Wireless to eligible low-income customers through the provider’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
- Or it can refer to Long-Term Evolution (LTE), which is a wireless technology known as 4G. It offers high data speeds, increased capacity, efficiency, and compatibility with older networks. LTE is widely used for wireless communication in smartphones and cellular networks, serving as the foundation for advanced wireless technologies like 5G, which further enhances data speeds, low latency, and connectivity for the future of wireless communications.
In this case, the phrase ‘LTE Wireless Free Tablet’ refers to computer tablets with LTE (or 4G) connectivity that people can receive free of charge.
Note: As it happens, free tablets provided by LTE Wireless also offer LTE connectivity.
You can find out all there is to know about free tablets provided by LTE Wireless and free tablets that offer LTE connectivity in the following sections.
About LTE Wireless Free Tablets Offered By the Company LTE Wireless
Free tablets provided by LTE Wireless are only available to LTE Wireless customers who qualify for their Affordable Connectivity Program.
The federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) aims to reduce your connectivity costs, offering up to $30/month in savings, or up to $75/month if you live on qualifying Tribal lands. LTE Wireless provides a monthly service discount to all ACP-eligible customers at no cost. Additionally, each eligible household will receive a free tablet, providing both in-home and on-the-go Wi-Fi access. If you already have a tablet from another carrier, consider switching to LTE Wireless for these benefits. Whether you bring your approved phone or purchase one from LTE Wireless, new customers who qualify for the ACP benefit can enjoy a free tablet, internet access, talk, text, and data services.
LTE Wireless currently provides eligible customers with a Maxwest Nitro 8 tablet, which offers 2G, 3G, 4G, and LTE connectivity but lacks 5G, GPRS, and EDGE. It supports dual SIM cards and features an 8″ IPS screen. Running on Android 11 with a QUAD CORE CPU, it provides 32 GB of internal memory, expandable with a Micro SD card, and 3 GB of RAM. Camera-wise, it has a 5 MP main camera and a 2 MP secondary camera. The device includes a built-in speaker, and audio connector, and supports WLAN, Bluetooth, GPS, and radio. With a 4000 mAh battery, it does not offer fast charging or wireless charging.
However, the tablet model you may receive may depend on the location, timing, and availability. The company may also offer some other tablet models.
Note: According to government rules, it is impossible to receive a tablet through ACP completely free of charge. Instead, you will have to pay a mandatory one-time co-fee of only $10 to $50. For the tablets offered by LTE Wireless, you will likely only have to pay a bit over $10, which is obviously worth it. Therefore, let’s take a look at how you can actually receive a free tablet from LTE Wireless in the next section.
How to Get an LTE Wireless Free Tablet From the Company LTE Wireless
To receive an LTE Wireless free tablet through the company’s ACP program, you must follow these simple steps:
- You must check whether or not you qualify for LTE Wireless’s ACP benefits. You qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) if you are at least 18 years old or emancipated and reside in one of the states where LTE Wireless operates. Moreover, your household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or a household member must meet one of the following criteria:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Meets eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s low-income internet program.
- Participates in specific federal assistance programs, including SNAP, SSI, WIC, Medicaid, Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, Housing Choice Voucher, Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits, or Lifeline.
- Lives on Qualifying Tribal lands and participates in Tribal assistance programs.
- You must be able to prove your ACP eligibility, specifically the following information:
- Your low income (if you qualify based on it): To prove it, you must provide a copy of a valid official document that includes your full name and income, such as a prior year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer or paycheck stubs, an unemployment statement of benefits, etc.
- Your participation in a federal assistance program, Tribal assistance program, or Federal Pell Grant award (if you qualify based on it): To prove it, you must provide a copy of a valid official document that includes your full name, the name of the program, the issuing institution, and a valid date, such as an approval letter, benefit award letter, benefit verification letter, or statement of benefits.
- Your identity and age (or emancipation): To prove it, you must provide a copy of a valid official document that includes your full name and date of birth, such as a valid ID, passport, birth certificate, etc. To prove emancipation, you must provide a copy of the court document or emancipation certificate.
- Your address: To prove it, you must provide a copy of a valid official document that includes your full name and address, such as a valid ID, passport, driver’s license, utility bill, etc.
- You must apply for the program. To enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program, you must first use the National Verifier by either visiting affordableconnectivity.gov or contacting 877.384.2575 to request a mailed application. You must do so as LTE Wireless doesn’t assess eligibility for the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and won’t be able to provide benefits if someone’s application is rejected. Once you apply through the National Verifier and if approved, you can visit ltewireless.com/ACP/signup and complete the form by providing all the required information and documentation copies. Submit the form and await approval.
- If approved, the company will contact you and you will receive your LTE Wireless free tablet via mail within a few business days. You will also receive a free monthly plan and a SIM card.
About LTE Wireless Free Tablets That Offer LTE Connectivity
If you are searching for a free tablet with LTE connectivity, then you should know the following:
- Tablets with LTE connectivity can be received free of charge through various channels.
- Depending on the channel you use to get the device, you could receive an entry-level, mid-range, or even high-end tablet.
- The tablet you receive may either be completely free of charge, it may cost a small fee, or it may require you to meet some other conditions (e.g. trade in an old device).
Here are some examples of LTE wireless tablets that may come for free:
- The Apple iPad Pro (2021), equipped with LTE connectivity, boasts an 11-inch or 12.9-inch Liquid Retina XDR display, powered by the M1 chip, and offers storage options up to 2TB. It’s compatible with the Apple Pencil 2.
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ features LTE connectivity and a stunning 12.4-inch Super AMOLED display, running on the Snapdragon 865+ chip. It offers storage capacities of up to 512GB and includes an S Pen.
- The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 comes with optional LTE connectivity and a 12.3-inch PixelSense display and is powered by a 10th Gen Intel Core processor. Storage options extend up to 1TB, and it’s known for its convertible 2-in-1 design.
- The Google Pixel Slate offers optional LTE connectivity and a 12.3-inch Molecular Display and runs on Intel Core m3/i5/i7 processors. It accommodates storage capacities of up to 256GB, operating on Chrome OS.
- The Lenovo Tab P11 Pro is an LTE-connected tablet featuring an 11.5-inch OLED display, powered by the Snapdragon 730G chip. It offers storage options up to 128GB and stands out with its four JBL speakers.
How to Get an LTE Wireless Free Tablet That Offers LTE Connectivity
If you are wondering how to receive a free tablet with LTE connectivity, there are several options:
- Government assistance programs: Explore government programs like the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) for potential free tablets with LTE connectivity. We have already introduced an ACP free tablet provider above (LTE Wireless), however, other ACP companies that offer free tablets with LTE connectivity include AirTalk Wireless, Cintex Wireless, Easy Wireless, NewPhone Wireless, Q Link Wireless, StandUp Wireless, TruConnect, Excess Telecom, Maxsip Telecom, etc. To receive a free tablet from an ACP company, you will have to follow the same process as outlined above under ‘How to Get an LTE Wireless Free Tablet From the Company LTE Wireless’.
- Mobile carrier promotions: Keep an eye on deals and promotions offered by mobile carriers that may include a free tablet with a data plan. Such promotions may require you to sign a lengthy contract, trade in another device, or purchase a select (and generally costly) plan.
- Educational institutions: Some schools or colleges provide free tablets with LTE connectivity to students for educational purposes.
- Nonprofit organizations: Certain nonprofit organizations may distribute free tablets with data plans to underserved communities.
- Contest giveaways: Participate in contests or giveaways from tech companies, which occasionally offer free tablets as prizes.