Why is Maxsip Telecom Giving Out Free Tablets?
Maxsip Telecom is a wireless provider that believes that all citizens and households deserve to be connected to the internet. Therefore, the provider has decided to participate in the government-funded assistance program called the Affordable Connectivity Program.
The Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP is an FCC program that helps families and households struggling to afford internet service. It is designed to help connect eligible low-income households to jobs, virtual classrooms, vital healthcare services, and everything else that is available online.
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides a discount on monthly internet service of up to $30 ($75 for eligible households on Tribal lands). Some ACP providers also offer a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a connected device – a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer (depending on the provider). However, to receive the device, each eligible customer must pay a co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50.
Maxsip Telecom is an ACP provider that provides eligible customers with free monthly internet service as well as a Maxsip Telecom free tablet. As an ACP participant, Maxsip receives funds from the government, which allows the provider to give out free tablets.
What are the Basic Specifications of the Maxsip Telecom Free Tablets?
Maxsip Telecom does not disclose exactly what kind of tablets they offer for free under their government assistance program. The company does not disclose the tablet brands, models, or any kind of specifications. The only thing the provider does share is the fact that ACP-eligible customers can expect to receive a 4G tablet.
As the provider does not reveal any other details about its free tablets, customers are unable to know what kind of a device they can expect to receive in advance.
Nevertheless, ACP providers usually do not provide the latest tablets with the most advanced features. Instead, they tend to offer entry-level to mid-range tablets with similar specifications. As such, qualifying subscribers can expect to receive a device with the following characteristics:
- Processor: Intel Core
- Chipset: i3 Core
- Operating system: Android latest
- Internal memory: 128 GB
- External memory: 512 GB
- RAM: 8 GB
- Battery: 5000 mAh Li-Ion
- Connectivity: 5G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- SIM card: Yes
- Display: 12.3 PixelSense display
- Touch screen: 10 point multi-touch
- Camera: 8 MP HD rear and 5 MP 1080p front
- Voice calling: Yes
- Warranty: 5 years for the handset, 12 months for in-box accessories
- Brand: Lenovo, Acer, Microsoft, Samsung, LG, Google
How to Get a Maxsip Telecom Free Tablet?
If you are an eligible low-income U.S. citizen, receiving a Maxsip Telecom free tablet should be relatively simple. All you have to do is to follow the quick and simple steps below:
- Step 1: Make sure that you are a resident of one of the states where Maxsip Telecom offers its ACP services. Maxsip offers ACP benefits to qualifying customers in Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
- Step 2: Make sure you are ACP-eligible. Being ACP eligible will make you eligible for a Maxsip Telecom free tablet. See the ACP eligibility criteria in the section ‘Who Is Eligible for a Maxsip Telecom Free Tablet?’.
- Step 3: Collect the documents that are required to show your ACP eligibility and to apply for a Maxsip Telecom free tablet. See the documents that you may be asked to provide in the section ‘What Documents Are Required to Apply for a Maxsip Telecom Free Tablet?’.
- Step 4: Apply for a Maxsip Telecom free tablet. See the Maxsip ACP application process in the section ‘How to Apply for a Maxsip Telecom Free Tablet?’ and follow the provided instructions.
- Step 5: If your application gets approved, simply enjoy all the ACP benefits that Maxsip Telecom offers. See the list of Maxsip Telecom ACP benefits in the chapter ‘What Other Benefits Can I Get From Maxsip Telecom?’.
Who is Eligible for a Maxsip Telecom Free Tablet?
Prior to December 31, 2021, Maxsip Telecom used to provide free tablets for eligible people through their Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). On December 31, 2021, the EBB assistance program expired and a new government assistance program called ACP that offers similar benefits emerged. Before December 31, 2021, customers had to meet the slightly different EBB eligibility criteria.
As of December 31, 2021, customers who wish to receive a Maxsip Telecom free tablet, must meet the new ACP eligibility criteria.
Maxsip Telecom clearly states that it offers discounts through the ACP program, however, they haven’t had the chance to update their ACP eligibility criteria yet.
No matter, as we have provided you with the actual ACP eligibility criteria, which is FCC-determined and universal for all ACP providers, below:
A household is ACP-eligible if any household member meets at least one of the following criteria:
You can qualify based on your income. A household must have an annual income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
You can qualify based on your program participation. A household member must participate in one of the following Federal Assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools in the 2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-22 school year
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
A household also qualifies if a household member participates in one of the following Tribal Assistance programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
What Documents are Required to Apply for a Maxsip Telecom Free Tablet?
During the Maxsip Telecom free tablet application process, it will be crucial for you to prove your eligibility. You will be able to do so by providing supporting documents that prove your eligibility. The documents that you may be required to provide to apply for a Maxsip Telecom free tablet depend on your eligibility criteria.
If you must prove your income-based eligibility, you will be asked to provide an official document that includes your first and last name and your annual income and shows that your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Qualifying documents include:
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Child support award
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- Divorce decree
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
If you must prove your program participation, you will be required to provide an official document that includes your first and last name, the name of the qualifying program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 month or a future expiration date. Qualifying documents include:
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
Additionally, you may be required to verify your identity or address. You can do so by providing an official document that includes your first and last name, date of birth, and/or your current physical address. Qualifying documents include:
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Government assistance program document
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Utility bill
Moreover, as only people who are 18 or more years old and emancipated minors can enroll, emancipated minors will also be required to provide an official document that includes their full name and confirmation of emancipated minor status, such as a court document or a certificate of emancipation.
How to Apply for a Maxsip Telecom Free Tablet?
To apply for a Maxsip Telecom free tablet and service, simply follow the easy steps below:
- Step 1: After making sure that you are Maxsip Telecom ACP-eligible and collecting the documents that prove that, you can go to maxsipconnects.com/apply.
- Step 2: You will see the company’s online application form. Fill it out by selecting the service you wish to apply for (4G Tablet With Internet & Free Monthly Service), providing your personal information, supporting documentation, and keep pressing ‘Next’ until you have reached the end of the application form.
- Step 3: Submit your application form and allow a couple of days for the provider to let you know whether or not you qualify.
- Step 4: Receive your device in the mail, activate it, and enjoy your Maxsip Telecom free tablet and free internet service.
What Other Benefits Can I Get from Maxsip Telecom?
During the application process you will be able to choose between three service options:
- 4G Tablet With Internet (Valued at $300) & Free Monthly Service ($15 one-time fee will apply)
- Mobile Hotspot With Free Monthly Service ($30 one-time fee will apply)
- Bring Your Own Device – 4G SIM Card that will give you Data, Talk, and Text for FREE (You need a SIM card compatible device) – $0
You will only receive a free tablet if you select the first option. If you select the first service option, you will receive:
- A 4G tablet with internet (valued at $300)
- Free monthly service
- 15 GB of monthly data for the tablet
To receive all of this, you will have to pay a one-time fee of $15.
Which Tablets are Provided by Maxsip Telecom?
As mentioned before, Maxsip does, unfortunately, not reveal exactly what tablet brand and model eligible customers may expect to receive. The device a qualifying household receives depends on various factors, including your area of residence, device availability, and more.
However, the provider does promise to provide 4G tablets. In addition, most ACP providers offer new or refurbished mid-range tablets with all the basic features.
At the moment, certain ACP providers offer the following government free tablets:
- Google Chromebook
- Lenovo Tab 5
- LG G Pad 5- 4GB LTE Tab
- New Microsoft Surface Go 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7