Maxwest Nitro 8 may not be the most well-known or popular tablet model on the market but it sure is one of the most reliable and efficient ones. The device is not extremely pricey to begin with, however, our today’s question is if it’s possible to get the Maxwest Nitro 8 tablet through government assistance. Let’s find out!
Why Does the Government Offer Free Government Tablets?
You may have already heard about the Lifeline program, which provides discounts on phone and wireless services and cell phones for qualifying customers. However, you may not know about the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which was launched as the temporary Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) during the pandemic but has now been modified and extended.
This program is provided by the government and managed by the FCC for a simple reason – to overcome the digital divide and offer all U.S. citizens, including the ones from low-income households, a fair chance in life. As such, the ACP program offers discounts on monthly internet services and internet-connected devices like tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. Eligible subscribers can get a discount of up to $30 (or $75 on recognized Tribal lands) on monthly internet or wireless services and a one-time discount of up to $100 on a connected device. By receiving free monthly internet services and a tablet, people in need have a much better chance of finding a job, working from home, getting an online education, studying, staying in touch with loved ones, and contacting all sorts of service providers if needed.
The specific offer depends on the provider, and while most offer service discounts, only some offer device discounts, with most offering free government tablets. However, it’s important to note that these tablets are not entirely free of charge, as government rules clearly state that customers must pay a mandatory co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50 to obtain the device.
Maxwest Nitro 8 Tablet Government Assistance Availability
Most Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) providers are very secretive when it comes to revealing which tablet models they offer free of charge, as the offer depends on the plan, state, and availability. As such, most companies will simply state that they offer “an 8-inch Android tablet” or something of the sort.
Nevertheless, the Maxwest Nitro 8 tablet is just the kind of tablet that most ACP companies offer. It is Android-powered, has the exact right price, and comes with similar features and specifications as most government-offered tablets. As such, the chances of receiving a Maxwest Nitro 8 tablet through government assistance are quite high. If you wish to make absolutely sure though, it’s best to contact your selected ACP company and ask them if they can provide you with this tablet.
Maxwest Nitro 8 Tablet Specifications
These are the Maxwest Nitro 8 tablet specifications:
- Display: 8-inch IPS display
- Battery: 4000 mAh capacity
- Internal Memory: 32GB ROM
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- External Memory: micro SD card slot (up to 128GB)
- Rear Camera: 5MP camera with LED flash
- Front Camera: 2MP camera
- Operating System: Android 11
- Processor: Quad Core processor
- CPU: 2.0GHz
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Is it Possible to Get a Maxwest Nitro 8 Tablet From Maxwest?
Maywest Telecom is an American company that offers high-quality electronic devices, including cell phones, tablets, audio speakers, and other smart devices. As such, you can easily purchase a Maxwest Nitro 8 tablet or any of the company’s other devices directly from Maxwest. You can do so at https://maxwesttelecom.com/shop/.
Nevertheless, Maxwest is not a wireless or internet service provider, as such it does not participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program and does not offer government assistance discounts to low-income customers.
You can currently purchase the Maxwest Nitro 8 tablet from Maxwest at the regular price of $149. However, if you wish to get this device free of charge, your best bet is to apply for the ACP program, as this is the only government assistance program that offers discounts on tablets. See how to get a Maxwest Nitro 8 tablet through government assistance (the ACP program) in the following section.
The Process of Getting a Maxwest Nitro 8 Tablet Through Government Assistance
The process of getting a Maxwest Nitro 8 (or any other available tablet) from the government is as follows:
- You must determine your ACP eligibility. You can only apply for the program and receive a free tablet from the government if you meet the federal ACP eligibility criteria listed below.
- You must make sure that you can prove your eligibility by providing copies of certain acceptable official documents (listed below) that prove your eligibility and verify your personal information.
- You must apply for the ACP program. You can do so online or via mail through the National Verifier or by contacting your selected ACP provider directly. See how below.
- Once you have selected a suitable ACP company that offers free tablets (preferably the Maxwest Nitro 8 model) in your area, you must apply for their services as well.
- If your application gets approved, you will be notified via email or another provided contact method. You will then receive the free tablet via mail and a discount on your service.
How to Qualify to Get a Maxwest Nitro 8 Tablet Through Government Assistance
In order to be eligible for a tablet from an ACP provider, you need to meet the requirements of the Affordable Connectivity Program. A household qualifies for ACP if any of its members satisfy one or more of the following conditions:
- They are enrolled in a qualifying Federal Assistance Program, such as Lifeline, Medicaid, SNAP, WIC, SSI, FPHA, Veterans Pension, and Survivors Benefit.
- They are enrolled in a qualifying Tribal Assistance Program, such as Head Start, Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- They are enrolled in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- They received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Their annual household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, which vary based on household size and state. You can check the income limits on the table provided at https://acpbenefit.org/do-i-qualify/.
Moreover, the applicant must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of one of the states where the selected provider operates.
How to Prove That You Qualify for a Maxwest Nitro 8 Tablet Through Government Assistance
To receive a free Maxwest Nitro 8 tablet from an ACP provider, you may need to provide documents that prove your eligibility for ACP. The documents you need to provide may vary depending on your eligibility criteria, but they typically include the following:
- To prove that you or any of your household members participate in a qualifying federal assistance program, Tribal specific program, the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program, or have received a Federal Pell Grant, you may need to submit an official document that includes your (or the dependent’s) full legal name, the name of the qualifying program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months or a future expiration date. Acceptable documents include approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, statements of benefits, and school documentation.
- To prove that your annual household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you may need to provide an official document that includes your (or the dependent’s) full legal name and annual income. Acceptable documents include prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax returns, current income statements from your employer or paycheck stubs, Social Security statements of benefits, Veterans Administration statements of benefits, unemployment or worker’s compensation statements of benefits, divorce decrees, child support awards, and retirement/pension statements of benefits.
- You may also need to verify your identity, address, or age by providing an official, unexpired document that includes your full legal name and date of birth or physical address. Acceptable documents include a valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID, passport, U.S. driver’s license, birth certificate, certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card or Green Card, utility bill, mortgage or lease statement, and most recent W-2 or tax return.
- If you are an emancipated minor, you will need to provide an official document, such as a court document or certificate of emancipation that proves your emancipated minor status.
How to Apply for a Maxwest Nitro 8 Tablet Through Government Assistance
You can apply for the Maxwest Nitro 8 tablet (or any other available tablet) through government assistance through the National Verifier and then through your selected provider. However, certain ACP companies combine these two steps in their own application form, which is then run through the National Verifier.
To apply through the National Verifier, you have two options – you can do so online or via mail.
If you decide to apply for the program online, visit https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/ and complete the form by providing all the necessary details and documents as directed on the screen.
If you prefer to apply by mail, you can access the application form at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf, and download and print it. Also, you will need to download and fill out the Household Worksheet, available at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf. After completing the forms, mail them to the ACP Support Center at PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
To apply through the provider, you must first find an ACP company that offers Maxwest Nitro 8 tablets through government assistance. To do so, visit https://cnm.universalservice.org/, enter your ZIP code or city and state, choose ACP, press Search, and the system will create a list of all the ACP companies available in your area. See which ones offer discounts on devices and then contact them one by one to ask if you can get a Maxwest Nitro 8.
What ACP Providers Offer a Maxwest Nitro 8 Tablet Through Government Assistance
As mentioned before, ACP companies tend to not disclose their available tablet models in advance. However, according to certain customer reports, the following ACP providers offer (or have offered at a certain point in the past) Maxwest Nitro 8 tablets to qualifying customers:
- AirTalk Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Go Technology Management
- Maxsip Telecom
- NewPhone Wireless
- PCs for People
- Qlink Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
To make sure, visit each company’s official website for contact information, contact the company, and ask the representative if they can currently offer you this tablet model in your area.