Maze is an electronics manufacturer that offers quality mobile devices at low prices. Maze Speed is one of the most popular cell phone models from Maze. It is an Android touchscreen smartphone with some impressive specifications. As such, people who struggle to afford a decent cell phone would be lucky to receive this reliable device from Maze for free. And guess what? Eligible people can in fact get a Maze Speed phone from the government. In this article, you will learn everything there is to know about a Maze Speed government phone, including how to get one, where to get it, and what to expect. Stay tuned!
Maze Speed Government Phone Specifications
The Maze Speed smartphone, released in May 2018 by MAZE SPEED, is a compact and budget-friendly device with essential features. It comes with 0.5 GB of RAM and offers a maximum storage capacity of 8 GB, which can be expanded up to 64 GB using a MicroSD card. The phone is powered by a MediaTek MT6580 chipset with a quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU running at a maximum frequency of 1.3 GHz. The device sports a 4.0-inch LCD screen with a resolution of 480×800 pixels, providing clear visuals for your everyday use.
For photography, the Maze Speed is equipped with a 2.0-megapixel back-facing camera and a 0.3-megapixel front-facing camera. The back camera features a CMOS sensor and LED flash, allowing you to capture decent photos even in low-light conditions. The device is equipped with a 1300 mAh removable battery, ensuring that you can stay connected throughout the day.
The Maze Speed supports various connectivity options, including Bluetooth, EDGE, GPRS, GSM, SMS, UMTS, WCDMA, and Wi-Fi, giving you the flexibility to stay connected wherever you go. It also has NFC capabilities for convenient and secure data transfers.
In terms of design, the phone has a slim and portable form factor, with dimensions of approximately 2.06 inches in width and 3.43 inches in height. It supports up to two Mini SIM cards, enabling you to use multiple phone numbers on the same device.
Overall, the Maze Speed smartphone is an ideal choice for those seeking a basic and budget-friendly device that offers essential smartphone features, making it suitable for everyday communication and light multimedia usage.
Is it Possible to Get a Maze Speed Government Phone? If So, How?
As you can see above, Maze Speed is not the most advanced mobile device with the latest features, however, it is durable, reliable, and it offers all the basic features that enable you solid connectivity, communication, browsing, app usage, and even multimedia use. As such, low-income people who struggle to afford any type of mobile device may be thrilled to get this one free of charge.
Luckily, you can get a Maze Speed phone from the government. You can do so through the Lifeline government assistance program. Lifeline is a program that offers free or discounted monthly phone and wireless services, as well as free or discounted cell phones. To participate in Lifeline and enjoy its benefits, you must meet some eligibility criteria and be able to prove your eligibility. We’ll dive into the process of obtaining a Maze Speed government phone in the following chapters.
It’s relevant to note that while the Lifeline program is funded and managed by the FCC, it is distributed through numerous wireless companies that have decided to participate in the program. These companies offer very different benefits. Some only offer discounted services, while the most generous companies offer free services and free phones. The phone models offered also differ between companies, however, most Lifeline companies offer entry-level to mid-range Android smartphones.
Moreover, many Lifeline wireless companies have recently decided to also participate in the brand new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which offers discounts on internet services and connected devices. Companies that offer both Lifeline and ACP benefits are obviously the most generous ones and customers who qualify for both programs can receive an Android smartphone from one of the best brands or even an Apple iPhone. As such, qualifying for both Lifeline and ACP may be the best strategy to get the best possible government phone.
List of Maze Speed Government Phone May Be Available in 2023
Most Lifeline and ACP companies don’t offer a comprehensive list of all available free phones. Instead, they will simply ship you whichever device they currently have in that area and for people with your plan. As such, it’s difficult to know exactly which phone model you will receive in advance. However, Lifeline and ACP companies that offer Maze Speed phones are likely to send you one of the following models:
- Maze Speed 1
- Maze Speed Android Phone MS5424G
- Maze Speed MP5184G
- Maze Speed MS5415
- Maze Speed Phone MS 5424G
- Maze Speed Phone MS5539G
- Maze Speed SSB-500
- Maze Speed SSB504R
- Maze Speed SSB504R Smartphone
- Maze Alpha 6″
- Maze Alpha X
Short Guide on How to Get a Maze Speed Government Phone
To receive a Maze Speed government phone, you should follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Make sure you qualify for the Lifeline assistance program. You should also check if you qualify for ACP, as participation in both programs will boost your chances of receiving a free phone, whether that’s the Maze Speed model or an even more advanced device. You can see the eligibility criteria below.
- Step 2: Can you prove your eligibility? During the application process, you will be required to provide some information and documentation copies to prove your eligibility. Prepare for the application process below.
- Step 3: Apply for Lifeline (and potentially ACP). You can do so through the National Verifier or directly through a provider in your area. Find out more below.
- Step 4: Find a Lifeline (and ACP) provider that operates in your state of residence. Make sure the company offers Maze Speed government phones or other phone models that fit your needs. You can do so on their websites or by contacting their customer support service. Learn more below.
- Step 5: Receive the device and the additional government assistance benefits and enjoy them.
How Do I Qualify for a Maze Speed Government Phone?
To be eligible for a complimentary Maze Speed government phone, you must meet the requirements for Lifeline, ACP, or both. The criteria for these programs involve:
- Being at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
- Being the sole applicant in an eligible household.
- Residing in one of the states where the chosen provider operates.
Additionally, the applicant must satisfy specific eligibility criteria for both Lifeline and ACP.
- The household must have an annual income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Alternatively, the household must participate in certain government assistance programs, such as SNAP, SSI, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, or a Tribal Assistance Program.
- The household must have an annual income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- The household must have received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Alternatively, the household must participate in government assistance programs like Lifeline, any of the Lifeline-qualifying programs mentioned earlier, Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC), or the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools.
How Can I Prepare for the Maze Speed Government Phone Application Process?
Once you’ve ensured that you qualify for one or both programs, you’ll need to provide proof to the providers during the application process. Prepare clear copies of official documents that validate your income or participation in qualifying government assistance programs (or receiving the Federal Pell Grant for the current award year). Some documents to prepare include:
Documents for income verification:
- Current income statement from your employer or paycheck stubs
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Divorce decree or child support award
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Or other official documents showing your full name and income
Documents for program participation verification (or Federal Pell Grant reception):
- Program participation approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- School documentation
- Or other official documents showing your full name, program name, establishment name, and issue date within the last year or future expiration date.
You may also need to prove your identity, age, physical address, SSN, proof of life, and emancipation (with a court document or certificate).
How Do I Apply for a Maze Speed Government Phone?
To get a Maze Speed government phone, you must apply through your government assistance provider, which may require applying via the National Verifier or the Lifeline/ACP Support Center first. You can apply online or via mail.
To apply online:
- Visit the National Verifier application link for both Lifeline and ACP: https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home for Lifeline and https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply for ACP.
- Log in or create a new account if required.
- Complete the application form and upload digital copies of your proof documentation.
- Press ‘Next’ at the bottom of each page and submit the application.
To apply via mail:
- Print out the Lifeline application form: https://www.lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf.
- Print out the ACP application form: https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- Include the Household Worksheet, especially for ACP application: https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
- Fill out the forms and attach physical copies of your proof documentation.
- Send the package to Lifeline/ACP Support Center at PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
If your National Verifier application gets approved, you can proceed to find a provider in your area and apply for its services as well.
List Of Companies That May Offer a Maze Speed Government Phone 2023
The best Lifeline (and ACP) companies that offer free government phones include:
- Access Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- Infiniti Mobile
- Life Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- SafeLink Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- True Wireless
As mentioned before, most of these companies don’t disclose the list of available phone models in advance, as such, it’s difficult to know whether you will be able to receive a Maze Speed phone or another phone model.
Moreover, these companies don’t operate in all US states, however, you can find the list of all Lifeline and ACP providers in your area at https://cnm.universalservice.org/. Simply enter your location, choose the program, and press Search. Then, you can visit each company’s website to see if it offers free phones. To find out which ones, you will likely have to contact the company’s customer support team.
Which Other Benefits Will I Be Able to Enjoy if Approved?
If your application gets approved, you will be notified via email, mail, phone, or another contact mean. Your provider will then:
- Send you a free SIM card via mail.
- Send you a free phone via mail.
- Open your wireless account and enable you to use your plan, which will include:
- Limited or unlimited talk minutes
- Limited or unlimited text messages
- Limited or unlimited monthly data
- Potential additional benefits, such as hotspot data, international calls, caller ID, etc.
- Some ACP companies may even give you the opportunity to purchase a tablet for only $10.01.
What Other Government Phones Are Available if I Cannot Get a Maze Speed?
In case no company in your area currently offers a Maze Speed government phone, they will offer you another free phone model. Phone models that you may hope to receive include:
- Motorola Moto G Pure
- Motorola Moto G Play
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Wingtech Revvl V
- Samsung Galaxy A51
- Motorola G Stylus 2020
- Schok Volt
- Coolpad Belleza
- Unimax U696CL
- Alcatel Go Flip 3
- OnePlus Nord N10 5G
- Wiko Life 3
- Apple iPhone 7
- LG G8 ThinQ
- Google Pixel 4XL
- Alcatel Volta
- Nokia 8 V 5G