What is an MDN Number?
MDN stands for Mobile Directory Number, which is the 10-digit phone number assigned to a mobile device by the wireless carrier. The MDN number is used to identify and route calls and messages to and from the device on the wireless network. It is the phone number that one would dial in order to reach a specific mobile device.
The MDN number is similar to a landline telephone number, but it is used specifically for mobile devices. It is different from the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, which is a unique identification number assigned to the physical device itself. The MDN number, on the other hand, is tied to the mobile phone service plan and is used to bill for services, as well as for other administrative purposes.
What is AirTalk Wireless and What Kinds of Services Does it Offer?
AirTalk Wireless is a telecommunications company, formerly known as FeelSafe Wireless. It is owned by HTH Communications and it participates in two government assistance programs – Lifeline (which offers discounts on monthly phone and wireless services and cell phones) and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP, which offers discounts on monthly internet services and connected devices). AirTalk’s Lifeline and/or ACP-eligible customers with low income can receive a free monthly wireless plan with unlimited monthly talk minutes, text messages, and a certain amount of high-speed data. Qualifying customers can also receive a free government phone and even a discounted tablet.
What is an MDN Number for AirTalk Wireless?
An MDN number for AirTalk Wireless is whichever number is assigned to each AirTalk customer. When it comes to the phone numbers of AirTalk’s customers, there are two options:
- You can keep your old phone number. During your AirTalk Wireless application process, you will be asked whether you wish to keep your phone and if you wish to keep your current phone number. If you wish to port in your existing phone number to use it with your new AirTalk account, you can visit airtalkwireless.com/port-in, log into your account, and follow the on-screen prompts to use the port-in service. In this case, your AirTalk MDN number will be the phone number that you already have.
- You can get a new number from AirTalk Wireless. When you apply for AirTalk’s services and when your application gets approved, you will receive a free phone (if you applied for it) and a free SIM card kit, which will include your new AirTalk SIM card (which you must use in order to access your free services), SIM card activation instructions, and all kinds of information about your account, including your new MDN number. Make sure to copy the number and send it to all of your contacts to let them know which number they must now call in order to get in touch with you. This phone number will be a 10-digit phone number, however, as each customer gets its own phone number, it’s impossible to know in advance which will be your AirTalk MDN number.
Whichever the case, you can relax, as you will certainly get notified about your MDN number as soon as your application process is finished.
Where Can I Find My AirTalk Wireless MDN Number?
If you are not an AirTalk Wireless customer yet, you don’t yet have your AirTalk MDN number. However, if you are an AirTalk customer, you surely have an MDN number and you were notified which number it is when your application was approved. However, if you don’t know the number, there are several ways to find it:
- You can check your AirTalk Wireless documentation. The approval letter, SIM card kit, and other official documentation that you have received from AirTalk Wireless should all include your MDN number.
- You can sign into your AirTalk account at airtalkwireless.com/account. There, you will see all your account information, including your MDN number.
- You can contact AirTalk’s customer support service and ask the representative to tell you which your MDN number is.
- You can find your phone number in your phone’s settings (if the SIM card is inserted into the device).
- Lastly (and perhaps the simplest way), you can use your AirTalk phone (originally provided by AirTalk or a compatible phone that you brought to AirTalk) with your AirTalk SIM card inserted into the device’s SIM card slot and call your friend’s phone. Then tell the friend to tell you the number that appeared on their screen – that is your MDN number.
Why Do I Have to Know My AirTalk Wireless MDN Number?
There are several reasons why you may have to know your AirTalk Wireless MDN number, including:
- You wish to activate your AirTalk phone, SIM card, and account. To do so online at airtalkwireless.com/active-my-sim-card, you will be required to provide your MDN number.
- You must tell your MDN phone number to a friend, business partner, or anyone else you wish would call or contact you. Everyone that wishes to call you or send you a text message will need your phone number.
- You wish to switch to a different wireless carrier. In this case, you will need to provide your current MDN number to the new carrier to port (transfer) your phone number.
- To tackle troubleshooting network issues. If you experience issues with your mobile service, such as dropped calls or poor signal strength, your wireless carrier may ask for your MDN number to help diagnose the problem.
- When you contact your wireless carrier’s customer support, they may ask for your MDN number to access your account and assist you with any issues you may be experiencing.
What is the MDN Number to Contact AirTalk Wireless?
AirTalk’s customer support service also has a phone number (MDN number). The number is +1 (855) 924-7825. The company’s support team is available every Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 8 PM CST and on Saturdays from 10 AM to 7 PM CST.
See other AirTalk Wireless contact information at airtalkwireless.com/contact.