Moxee is quickly becoming one of the most popular brands in the world of consumer electronics and mobile devices. Moxee’s tablets, smartphones, and hotspots may not be as popular as Apple’s iPhones or Samsung’s super-advanced Android devices, however, they are just as reliable. Moreover, they tend to be much more affordable.
Nevertheless, no matter how inexpensive a device is, smartphones tend to be too pricey for people and households who are poorly off. Luckily, there are some generous Lifeline companies that offer free devices. In this article, we will explore all there is to know about Moxee phones from Assurance Wireless.
About Moxee and Its Devices
Moxee is a company owned by KonnectONE – a company that develops and creates high-quality products and services for enterprise customers and mobile operators as an original equipment manufacturer. KonnectONE is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington and it offers a wide range of products under the Moxee brand or other private labels. Its product line includes smartphones with various price ranges and LTE network-connected IoT devices for personal safety, home, car, and enterprise applications.
Moxee’s mission is to provide people with simple yet powerful mobile devices and to deliver on the potential of the Internet of Things (IoT) through its latest series of products powered by LTE (cellular) technology. By freeing itself from the constraints of Wi-Fi networks, Moxee’s advanced IoT devices offer capabilities such as tracking, asset management, home monitoring, and cutting-edge enterprise devices that can be accessed anytime and anywhere.
Some of the devices that are currently offered by Moxee include:
- Moxee Tablet 2
- Moxee 2160 Smartphone
- Moxee 5G Mobile Hotspot
- Moxee Hotspot
- Moxee Talk
Can I Get a Moxee Phone from Assurance Wireless?
Assurance Wireless is a popular wireless company that offers government assistance benefits to low-income people in need through two assistance programs – Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Through Lifeline, Assistance offers discounts on monthly phone and wireless services and free phones. Through ACP, on the other hand, the company offers discounts on monthly internet services. Customers who qualify for both assistance programs can receive the best monthly plans with the largest amount of free talk minutes and data, as well as the best free Android smartphone.
Unlike many Lifeline and ACP companies, Assurance Wireless reveals to its customers which free smartphones are available at any given moment. During the application process, you may be able to request a specific phone model, however, the final decision will be the company’s, as the device you may receive depends on your plan, your state of residence, and availability.
Currently, Assurance Wireless offers one free Moxee phone model to eligible customers, as well as some other smartphone models.
What Kind of a Moxee Device Can I Get from Assurance Wireless
Currently, qualifying Assurance Wireless customers can receive a free Moxee m2160 smartphone. This is a durable and reliable smartphone that tends to provide customers with a sense of safety and peace of mind. The phone’s features include:
- Display: 6-inch 18:9 HD+
- Resolution: 1440 x 720 pixels
- Rear camera: 13MP with flash
- Front camera: 5MP
- Operating system: Android 11 Go
- ROM: 32GB
- RAM: 2GB
- External memory: Supports up to 128GB
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE
- HAC Rating: M3/T3
You can read Assurance’s Moxee m2160 user manual at https://www.assurancewireless.com/application/files/1016/4338/7773/Moxeem2160usermanual_v4.pdf.
Where Can I Get a Moxee Phone from Assurance Wireless
Assurance Wireless’s Lifeline benefits (including free monthly plans and free smartphones) are available to all eligible households in the following US states:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
How Can I Get a Moxee Phone from Assurance Wireless
In order to get a Moxee phone from Assurance Wireless, you must follow these relatively simple yet strict steps:
You Must Qualify for Assurance’s Government Assistance Program
To qualify for Assurance’s government assistance program, you must be a resident of one of the states listed above and more than 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
Moreover, to qualify for Assurance’s Lifeline program, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have an annual household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Or participate in one of the following assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)/CalFresh
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start
To qualify for the company’s ACP program, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be Lifeline-eligible.
- Participate in any of the Lifeline-qualifying assistance programs listed above.
- Have an annual household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Participate in Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Participate in Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program.
- Or be a recipient of a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
You Must be Able to Prove Your Eligibility
After making sure that you qualify, you should prepare for the application process in advance. During the application process, you will be asked to prove your eligibility (either income-based or program participation-based). To make sure the process is as quick and simple as possible, prepare clear copies of your proof documentation in advance.
- To prove your income, you can provide a copy of your current income statement from your employer, paycheck stubs, prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, a Social Security statement of benefits, Veterans Administration statement of benefits, Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, a retirement/pension statement of benefits, divorce decree, child support award, or a similar official document showing your full legal name and income.
- To prove your participation in a qualifying government assistance program, you can provide a copy of the approval letter, benefit award letter, benefit verification letter, statement of benefits, or a similar official document showing your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the issuing institution, and a valid issue date.
You may also be required to prove your identity, age, address, emancipation, or even life.
Keep in mind that you will also need to provide some personal information during the application process, such as your full name, date of birth, home address, and the last 4 digits of your SSN or Tribal ID number.
Depending on how you are planning to apply (online or via mail), prepare clear digital or physical copies of some of these documents and make sure to never submit original documents.
You Must Apply for the Government Assistance Program
The application process consists of two steps:
Step 1: Apply Through the National Verifier
National Verifier is an institution that has the tools and right to assess each applicant’s eligibility. As such, you should first apply through them. You can do so online or via mail, however, it is advisable to apply online, as this way you may be able to get immediate approval, while the mailing process inevitably takes a lot more time.
To apply online, visit https://nv.fcc.gov/lifeline (for Lifeline) and http://nv.fcc.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply (for ACP), log in, or create a new account, and then follow the on-screen prompts to fill out and submit the form.
To apply via mail, print out a Lifeline application at https://www.lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf, an ACP application at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf, and a Household Worksheet at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf (this is recommended to include when applying for ACP). Complete the forms, add physical copies of your proof documentation, and send the package to Lifeline/ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Step 2: Apply Through Assurance Wireless
When your National Verifier application gets approved, you can proceed to apply through Assurance Wireless. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Make sure to prepare the information and documentation listed above, as well as your National Verifier application ID, as you may need to provide them during the application process.
- Visit https://www.assurancewireless.com/.
- Enter your ZIP code in the provided search box at the top of the page.
- If Assurance offers its services in your area, you will be redirected to your state’s offer.
- Review the offer and choose the plan that best fits your needs (make sure the plan also includes a free smartphone). Press Apply Now.
- You will then be redirected to the company’s online application form. Fill it out by providing all the required information and eligibility documentation.
- Press Continue at the end of each page, and finally, submit the application.
Assurance will review your application as soon as possible and when it reaches a decision, you will be notified via email or another contact method that you have provided.
What Other Benefits Can I Get from Assurance Wireless
If your Assurance Wireless application gets approved, you can expect to receive some of the following benefits:
- A free smartphone will be sent to you via mail.
- Free unlimited (or limited) talk minutes
- Free unlimited text messages
- Free unlimited (or limited) data including up to 25GB of high-speed data
- Up to 2.5GB of mobile hotspot data
- Access to T-Mobile’s nationwide network
The exact amount of minutes and data depends on the plan you choose.
Can I Get Free Moxee Devices from Other Lifeline and ACP Companies?
It is uncertain whether or not other Lifeline and ACP companies offer free Moxee devices, as most of them don’t reveal their device models in advance.
However, it has been confirmed that AirTalk and Cintex Wireless currently offer the KonnectONE Moxee tablet.
Where Else Can I Get a Moxee Phone if I Can’t Get One from Assurance Wireless?
If you are unable to get a Moxee phone from Assurance Wireless, you can try the following alternatives:
- Check other Lifeline and ACP companies. You may need to contact each company’s customer support service to find out.
- Check with your local charities and non-profit organizations, as they may offer free Moxee phones.
- You can purchase a Moxee phone directly from Moxee at https://www.moxee.com/.
- You can purchase a Moxee phone from a carrier company or a retailer, such as Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Amazon, etc.