NewPhone Wireless is one of America’s leading providers of Lifeline and Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) services. The company offers wireless services and free cell phones to people in need through both the permanent Lifeline government assistance program and the temporary EBB program designed to help low-income families affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
NewPhone Wireless is considered to be one of the best government providers and their eligible subscribers may receive both free monthly cell phone service and a free 4G/5G LTE smartphone. Receiving these benefits will help the subscribers stay connected to their family members, employers, school, and emergency services.
NewPhone’s cell phone service includes nationwide coverage on one of the country’s most reliable networks.
Why Does NewPhone Wireless Offer Free Cell Phone Services?
NewPhone Wireless is a reputable supplier trusted by FCC and authorized to provide Lifeline and Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) services.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC program designed to help households struggling to afford internet services during the Covid-19 pandemic. It is a temporary program, which will end either when the pandemic ends or when the program runs out of funds (whichever happens sooner). The benefit is designed to connect eligible low-income households to their loved ones, jobs, online education, critical healthcare services, and more.
Lifeline, on the other hand, is the permanent FCC program designed to help make communication services more affordable for low-income consumers. Lifeline provides subscribers a discount on monthly telephone service, broadband internet service, and sometimes even free cell phones.
Both EBB and Lifeline are government-funded assistance programs and NewPhone is simply one of the many providers nationwide, which is the reason why NewPhone Wireless offers free cell phone services.
Why Register With NewPhone?
There are numerous reasons why registering with NewPhone Wireless may be a great idea, including:
- NewPhone Wireless is one of the leading government program providers and they claim to always put customer satisfaction first.
- NewPhone has over 1 million customers and over 10 years of experience.
- As NewPhone Wireless truly understands the importance of connectivity, they are the first provider to offer free phones to customers.
- With NewPhone you will get a premium device, such as iPhone 6s, Samsung Galaxy S7, and more.
- NewPhone’s services include unlimited talk and text, as well as unlimited data.
- NewPhone offers customers a nationwide network, which is available all throughout the U.S. territory.
Who Qualifies for The NewPhone Wireless Free iPhone?
A person or household is eligible for NewPhone’s assistance program and a free cell phone if they meet one (or more) of the following criteria:
- Has an income below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Participated in certain assistance programs, such as Medicaid, SNAP, or Lifeline.
- Received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers in 2020.
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or Covid-19 program.
You can find out more about the requirements at newphone.com/news/emergency-broadband-benefit/who-is-eligible-for-the-emergency-broadband-benefit-program.
Read one of our past articles How To Get Sky Devices Government Phone
What Documents Are Required for The NewPhone Wireless Free iPhone
During the application process, you may be required to provide certain documents that verify your identity and prove your eligibility.
The documents that you might have to provide to verify your identity include:
- Driver’s license
- Social security number
- State ID card
- Taxpayer Identification Number (individual) with name and date of birth
The documents that you may be required to provide in order to prove your eligibility include:
- A document that proves that you (or another member of your household) are a Pell Grant recipient for the current academic year.
- Current income statement
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General assistance (SNAP, Medicaid, etc.)
- Free or reduced school meal award letter
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Recent Tribal TANF letter or card. Current BIA card
- Tax return in 2019 or 2020
- Unemployment statements
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Other documents that prove that your household income is 135% or less than federal poverty guidelines.
- Other documents that prove your participation in a qualifying government assistance program.
Note: Make sure to only provide copies of the documents, which you can make using a copy machine, scanner, a camera, or a smartphone, and to never ever provide original documents.
How to Apply for A NewPhone Wireless Free iPhone
Applying for the NewPhone’s assistance program and receiving the benefits (including the free cell phone) is simple. All you have to do is to follow the easy steps below.
- Step 1: Apply online. Visit newphone.com. At the top of the page, you will see two boxes under the headline saying ‘Apply for 4G/5G LTE Free Smartphone Now’ requiring you to fill in your ZIP code and email address. Fill in the information and press ‘Sign up now’. During the application process, you will be required to provide certain information and attach certain documents that may prove your EBB or Lifeline eligibility. The process will take as little as 5 minutes and you can apply from the comfort of your own home.
- Step 2: Once you have applied, all of the provided data and proofs will be verified through the government’s secure system. Your documents are always guaranteed to be confidential.
- Step 3: Once your application is approved (which will happen as long as you are EBB or Lifeline eligible), you will receive the monthly service discount and a free phone. Expect to receive the free phone within 7-10 business days. The shipping is completely free of charge.
What Other Benefits Does NewPhone Wireless Lifeline Offer
NewPhone Wireless Lifeline program offers numerous benefits, which are valued at $750 a year. The immediate benefits include:
- A free 4G/5G LTE smartphone. Expect to receive a premium device, such as an iPhone 6s, a Samsung Galaxy S7, or another similarly great cell phone. Note: Only customers registered with NewPhone can receive this benefit.
- Unlimited monthly talk and text.
- Unlimited monthly data.
These benefits will result in a number of other benefits, such as:
- The ability to afford internet service even if you have a low income or are unemployed.
- The ability to stay connected with friends, family members, and other loved ones.
- The ability to stay in touch with work and/or to seek out better job opportunities.
- The ability to attend online classes and to pursue online education.
- The ability to stay in touch with emergency services in case you need them.
How Do I Activate My NewPhone Free Phone?
You can activate your NewPhone free cell phone with 1 easy step!
Simply make an activation call. Use your free phone to call 611. Once you do, press option ‘3’. After doing so, you will receive a message saying that your NewPhone device has been successfully activated. As soon as you receive this confirmation message, you can begin to use your NewPhone device.
In case you try to activate your phone when it’s already been activated, you will just receive a message saying that your device has already been activated.
You can read one of our past articles Qlink Free Phones And Service Guide
What Are The Restrictions for NewPhone Wireless Government Free Phone
When it comes to NewPhone Wireless government free phones, there is one specific restriction: You can only get 1 free device per household.
However, as getting a free phone depends on being EBB or Lifeline-eligible, it’s important to mention other NewPhone Wireless Lifeline program restrictions, which subscribers applying for service must agree to:
- NewPhone Wireless Lifeline program is only available for one connection per household.
- Subscribers must meet the eligibility criteria for receiving Lifeline service and must provide documentation of eligibility if required. They can either be eligible based on income, based on participation in another government assistance program, or anything else listed in the ‘Who Qualifies for the NewPhone Wireless Free iPhone/ Lifeline Program?’ section.
- Subscribers applying for the service certify that they do not participate in any other Lifeline program. In case a subscriber does participate in another Lifeline program at the time applying for NewPhone Wireless Lifeline service, he or she must agree to cancel Lifeline service with any other provider.
- In case a subscriber changes his or her address, he or she must immediately, and no later than within 30 days, notify NewPhone Wireless of the change.
- Subscriber must immediately, and no later than within 30 days, notify NewPhone Wireless if they no longer participate in at least one of the state or federal programs required to receive Lifeline discounts or no longer satisfy any other criteria for receiving the Lifeline discount.
- If the subscriber provides NewPhone Wireless with a temporary residential address, the subscriber must verify the temporary address every 90 days.
- Subscriber must acknowledge that providing false or fraudulent information to receive Lifeline benefits is punishable by law.
- Subscriber must acknowledge that it may be required to re-certify continued eligibility for Lifeline at any time, and failure to re-certify within 30 days will result in de-enrollment and the termination of the subscriber’s Lifeline benefits.
- Subscriber applying for NewPhone Wireless Lifeline service must affirm, under penalty and perjury, that all foregoing representations made when applying for service are true and correct to the best of his or her knowledge.
What to Do If Your NewPhone Wireless Phone Gets Damaged, Stolen, Broken, or Lost
If your NewPhone Wireless phone gets damaged or broken due to the subscriber’s misuse, NewPhone Wireless will not be responsible and will not accept returns or provide refunds.
However, wireless handsets purchased or received directly from NewPhone Wireless may be returned for a full refund within 30 days of receipt. All wireless handsets come with a 15-day warranty from NewPhone Wireless. In case you experience a handset malfunction, contact NewPhone Wireless’ Customer Service by phone at 1-855-204-3667 or via email at [email protected].
If your NewPhone Wireless phone gets lost or stolen, it’s best to notify the company immediately, as the subscriber is considered responsible for all charges incurred until NewPhone Wireless is notified of the lost or stolen phone. In order to report a lost or stolen wireless phone, please contact NewPhone Wireless’s Customer Service by phone at 1-855-204-3667 or via email at [email protected]. Once the company gets notified, they will suspend your account immediately. In case the subscriber doesn’t find the phone (or activate a new device) within 30 days of the suspension of the account, the account will be deactivated and the subscriber will lose the phone number.
NewPhone Free iPhone Others Thing You Should Know
How Good Is a NewPhone Free iPhone?
At NewPhone Wireless you can get a free iPhone 6 GSM model, which might not be the newest and most advanced iPhone model, however, it is high-quality and reliable.
Does NewPhone Charge Any Cost for Free iPhones?
No, government phones are free of charge.
Can I Have Two NewPhone Free Phones?
No, each household can only receive one government free phone.
Can I Upgrade My NewPhone Free iPhone?
Yes, you can buy an upgrade phone at NewPhone. However, the upgrade phone isn’t free – you will have to pay for it.
Can Seniors Get NewPhone Free iPhones?
Yes, Seniors can get free phones, however, they must be NewPhone EBB or Lifeline-eligible to get it.
How Long Will it Take to Receive Approval from NewPhone Wireless?
Generally, it takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes for an application to be approved. Certain applications, however, may take up to 3 or 4 days or even longer to get approved. This delay usually happens when the proof documentation needs to be reconfirmed. As soon as you get approved, you will be able to see it on your account, plus, you will receive an email confirmation.
When Will I Receive NewPhone Free iPhone and Free Service After I Sign Up?
Once your order is complete, your device will be shipped within 7 to 10 business days.
Why Do I Need to Provide My Social Security Number?
Providing your SSN is necessary in order to verify your EBB or Lifeline eligibility. You will also be required to provide proof of your qualifying benefit program or income, depending on your eligibility criteria. Nonetheless, the information and documentation you provide are strictly confidential.
Will I Receive a Notification When My NewPhone iPhone Is Shipped?
Yes, as soon as NewPhone ships out your device, you will receive an email notification immediately. The email will contain a tracking number, which will enable you to track the order. It’s best to check your Spam folder for the confirmation number as well.
Can I Switch to NewPhone?
Yes, you can switch to NewPhone at any time. To receive a free device and service, you must be EBB or Lifeline-eligible. In order to sign up visit apply.newphone.com.
In case you also need information What Phone Companies Give Free Phones When You Switch?
How Can I Check My NewPhone Application Status?
In order to check your application status, visit apply.newphone.com/checkstatus and enter the email address and ZIP code you used while applying. When you log in you will see the status of your application and other information.
What Carrier Does NewPhone Wireless Use?
NewPhone Wireless is a reseller of its Underlying Carrier’s mobile broadband Internet access network.
How Do APN Internet Settings for NewPhone Wireless iPhone Work?
In order to access the internet, you will need to set up an APN, which is the name of the gateway at the Internet Service Provider that enables connection to another network – in this case the public internet. You can set up NewPhone Wireless APN internet settings for iPhone by following these steps.
- Step 1: Go to Settings.
- Step 2: Press Mobile Data.
- Step 3: Choose Mobile Data Network.
- Step 4: Input the following settings:
Username: (leave this box blank)
Password: (leave this box blank)