Where to Get an Online Application Form to Get a Free Tablet?
Are you planning to apply for a free government tablet in the near future? If so, you may be interested where you can even access the online application form to get a free government tablet in 2023. Well, look no further, as this section contains just the information you are searching for, while the following chapters will tell you everything else you need to know about the application process and how you can get your own free device. Let’s get started.
First of all, it’s important to note that the only way to receive a free tablet from the government is through the government assistance program that offers free internet services and internet-connected devices (primarily tablets). This program is relatively new and it’s called the Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP. As such, you must find the ACP application form, complete it, and submit it. You can find an ACP application form to get a free government tablet in several places:
- You can find the ACP National Verifier online application form at https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply. If you apply through the National Verifier and your application gets approved, you will be able to get your ACP benefits from any ACP provider that operates in your area of residence. The National Verifier is the national institution designed to verify the customer’s eligibility. While some ACP providers run their own application forms through the National Verifier, others don’t and may ask you to apply through the National Verifier before applying through their website. As such, it’s always best to apply directly through the National Verifier first and then through a selected provider (if your National Verifier application gets approved).
- Applying online through the National Verifier may result in immediate approval. Moreover, it is considered safer and much faster. However, if you prefer to apply the old-fashioned way – via mail, you can do so. You can find the application form at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf, however, after you print and fill it out, make sure to follow the application steps described below.
- Finally, you can find an online application form to get a free government tablet in 2023 on the websites of all ACP providers in the country. As you can only apply through a provider that operates in your area, you must find a list of all the tablet providers near you (we’ll learn how to do so below). Compare their offers, choose the provider that best fits your needs, visit its website, find the online application form, complete it, and submit it. As mentioned above, the provider’s application form may be checked by the National Verifier automatically, which means that you don’t have to apply through the National Verifier yourself. However, the providers that don’t run their application forms through the National Verifier may ask you to apply through the National Verifier (online or via mail) yourself. You can see the instructions on how to do so in the following sections.
Who Can Fill an Online Application Form to Get a Free Tablet 2023
As we have already established, you can only receive a free tablet from the government through the new assistance program called the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which offers numerous amazing benefits. However, participation in the ACP program isn’t available for anyone. The only people who can fill out an online application form to get a free tablet are those who meet the government-determined eligibility criteria. As a matter of fact, anyone can fill out and submit the application form, however, only qualifying applicants will be approved to participate. You can see the ACP eligibility criteria in the next section.
Eligibility Process for Online Application to Get a Free Tablet in 2023
To receive a free government tablet, you must successfully apply for the ACP program. To do so, you must meet the universal government-determined eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you can qualify based on the following criteria:
- Based on Your Income:
- Your household income must be 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines, which varies depending on your household size and state.
- You may need to provide proof of income. See the acceptable documents below.
- If You Participate in Certain Government Assistance Programs:
- Participation in programs like SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Medicaid, WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children), SSI, FPHA, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, or the fact that you received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year can make you eligible for the ACP.
- You may need to provide evidence of participation. See the acceptable documents below.
- If You Already Receive a Lifeline Benefit:
- If you are currently receiving a Lifeline benefit, you automatically qualify for the ACP.
- You can receive both benefits simultaneously and apply them to the same or separate services. Contact your internet company to learn how to start receiving ACP discounts.
Moreover, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor to participate and you must be a resident of one of the states where your selected provider operates. You may also be required to prove your age or emancipation and address. See the acceptable documentation below.
Additionally, if you live on qualifying Tribal lands, you may be eligible for the ACP if your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or if you participate in specific federal or tribal assistance programs.
Remember to review the specific requirements and documentation needed when applying for the ACP to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria.
List of Documents Required for Online Application Form to Get Free Tablets
To prove your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and provide additional information, you may need to submit various documents. Here are the required documents for each category:
- Qualifying Assistance Program Participation:
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
- Household Income:
- Prior year’s tax return
- Current income statement or paycheck stubs
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree, child support award, or similar official document showing income
- Retirement/pension statement of benefits
- Identity and Age Verification:
- Valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth certificate
- U.S. driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Government assistance program document
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document
- Address Verification:
- Driver’s license or other valid government, state, or Tribal ID
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Duplicate Address:
- Complete an ACP Household Worksheet if someone else at your address already receives an ACP benefit.
- Emancipated Minor:
- Court document
- Certificate of emancipation
When submitting your documentation, make sure to make clear and legible copies or photos. Avoid sending dark or blurry copies. It’s recommended to scan, use a copy machine, camera, or smartphone to create digital copies. Never send original documents; only submit copies or pictures.
Also, keep in mind that you will be asked to provide relevant information, such as your full legal name, date of birth, address, contact information, the last 4 digits of your SSN or your Tribal identification number, your eligibility criteria, etc.
Step by Step Instructions to Fill Online Application Form to Get a Free Tablet in 2023
The step-by-step instructions to fill out the ACP application form and hopefully receive a free tablet depend on how you choose to apply.
- If you apply online through the National Verifier:
- Go to https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply.
- Read additional application instructions in other languages at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools/#instructions if necessary.
- Log in or create a new account if prompted.
- Fill out the form by providing all the required information and documentation copies. You can see which information and documentation is generally required in the previous section.
- Submit the form and you may receive immediate approval (if you qualify).
- If you apply via mail through the National Verifier:
- Print out an application at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- See additional application instructions if necessary at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools/#instructions.
- Also, print out a Household Worksheet at https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
- Complete the forms by providing all the required information.
- Add physical copies of your proof documentation.
- Send the package to ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- If you apply through an ACP provider:
- If you already have an internet provider, you can contact its support team and ask if they offer ACP discounts.
- If not, you can find another internet provider that does offer ACP benefits in your area.
- Visit its website and find the ACP application form.
- Enter your ZIP code and choose a plan.
- Fill out the application form by providing all the required information and documentation.
- Submit the application.
When filling out the application form, make sure not to make any mistakes and not to attach blurry, invalid, or incomplete documents. Such mistakes could result in your application getting rejected.
What Happens After Filling the Online Application Form to Get a Free Tablet
After you submit your application form(s), you can sit back and relax. Occasionally check your email, mail, phone, and other contact means, as both the National Verifier and your selected provider will notify you as soon as they reach a decision about whether or not your application got approved. If it got approved or rejected, you will surely be notified.
If approved, you will probably receive your free government tablet via mail in a few days.
Benefits You Can Get if You Successfully Fill a Free Tablet Online Application Form
If your application gets approved, you can expect to receive the following ACP benefits:
- A free SIM card via mail along with activation instructions.
- A reliable tablet with basic features and great connectivity options. Note that according to government rules, you will have to pay a mandatory fee of between $10 and $50 to obtain the device.
- An account with your provider that will include free monthly internet services. The exact amount of high-speed data you will receive depends on the provider and state.
What Should I Do if My Free Tablet Online Application Form Gets Rejected
If your application gets rejected, you can contact the National Verifier or provider and ask them exactly why your application got rejected.
In case you really don’t meet the eligibility criteria, there is not much that you’ll be able to do. However, if you only got rejected due to the fact that some information/documentation was incorrect, incomplete, invalid, or unclear, you can ask to reapply and fix such mistakes.
Reasons for Rejected Online Application Form to Get a Free Government Tablet
Common reasons for ACP application rejection include:
- Incomplete or missing documentation.
- Ineligibility based on income or program participation.
- Failure to meet age or residency requirements.
- Providing fraudulent or inaccurate information.
- Not meeting the specific criteria outlined by the ACP.
- Applying with duplicate or multiple applications.
- Submitting documents that are illegible or unclear.
List of Free Tablets That You Can Get After Successfully Filling a Free Tablet Online Application Form
Each company offers different ACP tablets. Moreover, their offers depend on the state of application, the plan, and availability. Additionally, most ACP companies don’t reveal which devices they offer in advance. However, the companies that reveal the list of attainable devices currently offer:
- Alcatel Joy Tab 2
- Apple iPad 6
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Apple iPad Mini 3
- KonnectONE Moxee Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2020
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
- Sky Elite T8 Plus
- Sky Pad 8
List of Providers Offering Online Application Form to Get Free Tablets 2023
All the ACP companies that offer free tablets have an online application form on their official websites. Some of the best ACP companies that offer free tablets in some states are:
- AirTalk Wireless (visit https://airtalkwireless.com/)
- Cintex Wireless (visit https://cintexwireless.com/)
- Easy Wireless (visit https://myeasywireless.com/)
- Excess Telecom (visit https://www.excesstelecom.com/)
- Maxsip Telecom (visit https://maxsipconnects.com/)
- NewPhone Wireless (visit https://newphone.com/)
- Q Link Wireless (visit https://qlinkwireless.com/)
- StandUp Wireless (visit https://standupwireless.com/)
- TruConnect (visit https://www.truconnect.com/)
- Unity Wireless (https://apply.gounitywireless.com/ACP/)
How to Find a Free Government Tablet Provider in My State
The companies listed above don’t operate in all US states. However, luckily, there are also some other companies that offer ACP free tablets. To find exactly which companies offer ACP benefits in your area, go to https://cnm.universalservice.org/, enter your location, select the ACP program, and press Search. The system will generate a list of all available ACP companies in your area. The list will include information about whether the company offers discounted devices and each company’s website link. Visit each provider’s website to choose the right one for you.