Q Link Wireless and ACP Tablets
Q Link is a popular nationwide Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program provider that uses government assistance funds to provide eligible low-income customers with free monthly cell phone services with unlimited monthly talk, text, and data on America’s largest network. Qualifying customers can bring their own phones and get free phone service every month. In addition, eligible customers can also receive a new tablet.
Q Link’s tablet offer is funded by the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), as such, only ACP-eligible customers can receive the device. The ACP program is a new government assistance program that offers discounts of up to $30 or $75 for eligible Tribal households on monthly broadband services. Certain ACP providers also offer customers a one-time discount to purchase an internet-connected device, such as a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. However, according to government rules, the customer must pay a mandatory co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50 to receive the device. Q Link offers ACP tablets at the lowest possible co-payment of $10.01.
Q Link’s discounted tablet offer varies by state. It depends on several factors, such as the location, the customer’s plan, and availability. As such, Q Link does not disclose which tablet brands and models it offers in advance. Nevertheless, the company does reveal that the tablet includes the latest Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capabilities.
ACP subscribers tend to not know which device they will receive in advance. However, according to several customer testimonies, Q Link Wireless offers the Scepter 8 tablet with a large ACP discount. As such, today, we will check out how to receive the device, its specifications, Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 reviews, and more.
Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet Specifications
Scepter 8 is a quality tablet with basic yet reliable features, such as a webcam, Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth connectivity, and more. Its purpose is to help customers stay connected with their loved ones, work, education, healthcare, and other services. The device is compatible with Q Link’s network and services, however, it does not support cellular connectivity.
The tablet has an 8-inch display, which is large enough for a variety of activities and tasks, such as reading, writing, gaming, and watching videos. The 1GB RAM and 16GB internal storage that can be expanded through a microSD card enable a relatively smooth performance and enough storage to save some documents or photos. The device also enables customers to add new documents and files through the built-in Microsoft software and the back and front cameras. Moreover, Scepter 8 comes with a long-lasting battery that allows customers to make the most of it on a single charge.
Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 tablet specifications include:
- Brand: Q LINK WIRELESS
- Series: Q Link Wireless Scepter 8
- Device Type: Tablet
- Model: Scepter 8
- Operating System: Android 11 (Go edition)
- Processor: Quad Core
- RAM: 1 GB
- Storage Capacity: 16 GB
- Display Type: IPS LCD
- Display Size: 8 Inches
- Maximum Resolution: 1280 x 800
- Rear Webcam Resolution: 2 MP
- Front Webcam Resolution: 0.3 MP
- Network: Not Applicable
- Internet Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Headphone Jack, Micro-USB
- Battery: Lithium-Ion
- Battery Capacity: 3500 mAh
- Power Source: AC & Battery
- Color: Black
- Dimensions LxWxH: 8.2 x 4.9 x 0.36 inches
- Weight: 6.3 ounces
Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet Reviews
According to Q Link customers and online tablet testers and reviewers, the Scepter 8 is a decent tablet overall, however, it does come with certain disadvantages:
- Even though the device is almost free and the fee that customers have to pay is the lowest determined by the government, customers argue that it is still too much considering the quality of the device.
- The webcams are of poor quality. They do serve basic communication purposes, however, they are not good enough to make quality photos or videos.
- The company does not reveal what type or size of microSD cards is compatible with the device.
- Customers tend to be dissatisfied with the tablet’s speed, reactivity, and performance. The device may lag behind or freeze up.
- The new software is too advanced for the old hardware.
How to Receive a Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet
The fact that at Q Link Wireless you can receive a decent-qualify Scepter 8 tablet for only $10.01 sounds nice! But not so fast! Not all people can receive this discounted device.
In fact, only qualifying customers who follow the strict process described below can receive a Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 tablet.
- You have to meet Q Link’s ACP eligibility criteria. See the requirements in the following section.
- You must provide certain documents that prove your eligibility. See the list of acceptable documents below.
- Apply for a Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 tablet. See the exact application steps below.
How to Qualify for a Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet
As Q Link’s tablet offer is funded by the ACP, customers who wish to receive the device must meet the government-established ACP eligibility criteria. A household is ACP-eligible if it meets at least one of the following requirements:
- Your annual household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. The guidelines vary based on the state and family size.
|Household Size||Alaska||Hawaii||Other States, D.C., and Territories|
|For each additional person add:||$11,800||$10,860||$9,440|
- You or another member of your household participates in at least one of the following qualifying government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) (including Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers), Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811, Public Housing, and Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives, or Native Hawaiians)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
In addition to these universal ACP eligibility rules, in order to qualify for the Q Link government assistance program, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of one of the states where Q Link offers its services.
Q Link offers its services and tablets to eligible residents of Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
What Documents Are Needed to Apply for a Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet
As Q Link’s ACP tablets are only available to eligible low-income customers, you will have to prove your eligibility during the application process. You can submit these documents physically via mail or digitally by attaching them to the online application. Make sure never to submit original documents. Instead, submit clear copies. The documents must be official and valid. Submit a document from each category:
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Or another document that includes your first and last name and date of birth
- Driver’s license or other valid government, state, or Tribal ID
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Or another document that includes your first and last name and physical address
Household Income Proof
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- Or another document that includes your first and last name and household income
Program Participation Proof
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
- Or another document that includes your first and last name, the name of the program, the name of the administrator that issued the document, and an issue date within the last year or a future expiration date
You may also have to provide a duplicate address, your Social Security Number, or proof of emancipation.
How to Apply for a Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet
To apply for a Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 tablet, follow these simple steps:
- Visit qlinkwireless.com.
- Type in your ZIP code and email address in the provided search boxes.
- Press ‘Get It Now’.
- If the company offers its services in your area, you will be redirected to the company’s online application form.
- Choose the plan that best fits your needs and one that you qualify for.
- Fill out the application form by providing all the required information and documentation.
- Submit the application.
- If your application gets approved, you will be notified. Before you receive the device, keep in mind that the tablet offer is subject to product availability and that shipping days may vary.
However, before you apply through Q Link, you may also be required to apply through the ACP support center. You can do so via mail or online.
Apply through the ACP support center via mail:
- Print out an ACP application form in English at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- Print out a Household Worksheet at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf. This step is optional but highly recommended.
- Complete the application form and Household Worksheet by providing all the required information.
- Add your proof documentation.
- Send the package to ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Apply through the ACP support center online:
- Visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true.
- You will be redirected to the official ACP online application form. Fill it out by providing all the required personal information and documentation. At the end of each page press ‘Next’ and at the end of the application form press ‘Submit’.
In case you also need information How to Get Qlink Free Government Phone
Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet User Guide
Once you have received a Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 tablet, you can start enjoying its features. As any new piece of technology comes with some unknown features, here are a few tips that will help you get started.
- Before you start using the device, make sure to charge it fully.
- Once charged, press the power button that will turn it on. Note that this button also serves to turn the tablet off, turn off the display, wake it up, etc. In order to simply turn the display on and off, press the button once and shortly. To turn the tablet on or off, long-press the power button.
- At the side of the device, you will also see the volume up and down buttons, which adjust your audio volume.
- At the bottom, see the home and back buttons. Pressing the first will return your tablet to the main desktop. Pressing the second button will make it return to the previous page or menu.
- Note the Settings button. It is designed to help display the device’s settings and history. It also allows you to access the connectivity settings, battery settings, apps, etc.
- Make sure to enable Wi-Fi connectivity and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Now, you can start using the device for work, education, socializing, or entertainment.
- If you have any questions, or experience any issues, make sure to contact Q Link’s customer support service.
Scepter 8 Tablet Related FAQ
Who Manufacturers the Scepter 8 Tablet?
This is a Q Link Wireless phone by Q Link. However, according to some testimonies, the device is actually manufactured in China.
Does a Scepter 8 Tablet Support SIM Cards?
No, it does not support SIM cards and it is not able to connect to Q Link’s network and services. However, it does have Wi-Fi connectivity and thus enables you to use all internet-enabled features and apps.
How Do I Speed Up My Scepter 8 Tablet?
According to reviewers, this tablet is likely to lag and freeze. To speed it up, try to close all tabs that you are not using, delete unwanted apps, delete large files and folders to clear up some space, etc. You can also try to update the software, clear cached data, and restart it.
What If My Scepter 8 Tablets Stops Working?
First of all, if you are not satisfied with your tablet, you can return it within 14 days of the delivery. To do so, call the customer support service. Q Link’s tablets also come with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, which allows you to report any issue within the first year and perhaps receive a new device for free. However, the warranty cannot be expired and it does not cover malfunctions caused by physical damage or abuse.
Is the Q Link Wireless Scepter 8 Tablet Any Good?
It does offer the basic features and it should serve its basic purpose. As it is a Wi-Fi-enabled device, it allows you to connect to your loved ones, read, write, check your emails, browse the internet, and maybe even watch a video. However, the more advanced the task, the higher the chance that the device will lag or freeze.
Why Should I Use a Scepter 8 Tablet?
Honestly, if you have the resources to buy another tablet, it would be better to opt for a Samsung device or an iPad. However, if you can’t afford such tablets, having the Scepter 8 is definitely better than having nothing at all. It will enable you to connect to the internet, browse, call and text your friends and family members, stream, work, access virtual classrooms, study, and perform other basic tasks.