Q Link Wireless is a wireless telecommunications company and Lifeline provider. The company offers free and discounted wireless services to Lifeline-eligible customers. They provide prepaid mobile services, including talk, text, and data services. Lifeline-eligible customers can get a free Always On Lifeline Plan, which includes unlimited data, unlimited talk and text, unlimited picture messages, voicemail, 3-way calling, access to 10 million free Wi-Fi locations, a free SIM card, the ability to keep your phone and number, and a new tablet for Emergency Broadband Benefit-eligible customers.
In this article, you will find out all you need to know about the Q Link Wireless free tablet offer. Let’s dive right into it!
Does Q Link Wireless Offer Free Tablets?
Q Link Wireless is both an Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) and Lifeline provider.
Lifeline is a government assistance program that offers eligible customers free cellular phone services every month.
Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), on the other hand, is a limited-time program providing discounted monthly broadband internet services and certain connected devices. It is operated by the FCC, funded by the U.S. government’s COVID-19 relief efforts, and it provides unlimited data, talk, text, and a new tablet to eligible customers.
In order to qualify for the Lifeline and/or EBB, you must either participate in a government program like Medicaid, SNAP, and SSI, have your household income at or below 135% of the federal poverty level, or be currently unemployed.
Only EBB-eligible customers are qualified to receive a new tablet as a part of the EBB device discount. While the tablet is not completely free of charge, it is highly discounted. Eligible customers are only required to pay a $10.01 co-pay fee. Also, note that this is a limited-time offer, that it depends on product availability, and that it depends on FCC rules and updates.
In Which Areas Currently Q Link Offers Free Tablets?
Q Link’s EBB-eligible customers can get a discounted tablet in any U.S. state, however, the exact eligibility requirements, terms, and conditions vary from state to state. You can find out more about Q Link’s state-specific terms and conditions at qlinkwireless.com/terms (STATE-SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS).
The best way to make sure whether or not you qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit and can receive a new tablet is by signing up at qlinkwireless.com/lifeline/emergency-broadband-benefit.aspx. It will only take a few minutes to sign up and you will get notified whether you qualify in no time. You can also contact Q Link Wireless customer support at qlinkwireless.com/members/support.aspx and ask them any tablet or EBB-related questions you may have. You call also call 611 or 1 (855) 754 – 6543 to find out more about the Emergency Broadband Benefit.
How to Get Q Link Wireless Free Tablet?
As we have mentioned before, only Emergency Broadband Benefit-eligible customers will receive a new tablet as a part of their EBB device discount. The tablet will be equipped with a webcam, microphone, and Wi-Fi capability. After applying an EBB device credit of $99.99, the eligible customer will be required to pay a $10.01 co-pay, which he or she must pay within 30 days. The FCC does not allow this amount to be subject to company credits that the customer may have earned for previous purchases. Once the customer places the order, the shipment may take up to 6 or 8 weeks, depending on availability. Note that this is a limited-time offer subject to product availability.
How to Qualify for Q Link Wireless Free Tablet?
Only EBB-eligible customers qualify to receive a new tablet. You can qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit in three cases.
First, if you participate in the same government programs as Lifeline, such as:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Survivors Pension Benefits Fund
Second, if your household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty level.
Third, if you are currently unemployed.
In addition, you must be at least 18 years old (or an emancipated minor) to participate in the EBB program.
What Documents Do I Need for Q Link Wireless Free Tablet?
When you apply for the Emergency Broadband benefit, you may be asked to provide information or documentation to prove your eligibility. These documents include:
- An official document to prove a qualifying assistance program participation (for example, approval letter, benefit verification letter, benefit award letter, etc.)
- An official document that confirms that your annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines (for example, last year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits, etc.)
- Identity verification document (for example, a state ID, U.S. driver’s license, SSN, passport, etc.)
- Address documentation and duplicate address
- An official document showing substantial loss of income
- An official document showing that you are either 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
You will be asked to make clear copies or pictures of the documents and to send these copies (never original documents) either online or by mail.
How to Apply for Q Link Wireless Free Tablet?
You can apply for the EBB and Lifeline program at qlinkwireless.com/signup/g-6-717. Simply provide the required information and documentation and follow the simple on-screen instructions. The application process will only take a few minutes and afterward, you will be notified whether or not you qualify. In case you do qualify, you will get verified, and you will be able to activate Q Link’s service and receive all the benefits, including the new tablet.
What Are The Benefits if I Qualify for a Q Link Lifeline and/or EBB Program?
Both Lifeline and Emergency Broadband Benefit are assistance programs designed to help low-income individuals and households receive government benefits. Lifeline is designed to ensure low-income households have access to basic telecommunication services and thus stay connected to their family members, jobs, healthcare providers, and emergency services. EBB is an additional limited-time program created by the FCC as a response to the COVID-19 crisis that provides discounted monthly broadband internet services and certain connected devices.
The benefits of qualifying for the Q Link Lifeline and/or EBB program include:
- Free or discounted cell phone service
- Unlimited talk, text, data
- Unlimited picture messages
- Free SIM card
- Free activation
- The ability to bring your own phone and keep your number
- Nationwide coverage and access to America’s largest 4G LTE and 5G network (T-Mobile)
- Constant access to emergency service calls to 911
- The ability to connect to 10 million free Wi-Fi locations
- A new tablet
- No contracts, no monthly bills, no fees
Are There Any Restrictions for Q Link Wireless Free Tablets?
To get the discounted tablet, you must meet some requirements and respect some restrictions. The restrictions include:
- You can only get a new tablet if you are EBB-eligible (see the eligibility requirements above).
- You must pay a $10.01 co-pay to receive the device.
- You must pay within 30 days.
- The FCC doesn’t allow the co-pay ($10.01) to be subject to company credits that you may have earned for previous purchases or to be subject to general or universal waiver.
- You cannot choose the tablet, as this offer is subject to product availability.
- You must understand that this is a limited-time promotional offer.
- The offer may vary depending on the state and availability.
- It may take up to 6 or 8 weeks after placing the order to receive the device, depending on availability and location.
- It is a one-time offer and the device is non-transferable.
Can I Replace a Q Link Free Tablets?
While Q Link doesn’t state any official tablet replacement rules on their website, we may assume that the replacement rules for discounted EBB tablets are similar or the same as mobile device replacement rules.
When it comes to mobile devices and accessories, Q Link states that in case the tablet is defective, you can return it within 14 days from the delivery date. Q Link Wireless may replace the product with a refurbished product of the same model if the model is available, otherwise, you may receive a comparable refurbished product. To replace a defective phone, call Q Link’s customer support service at 1-855-754-6543.
If your Q Link Wireless mobile device gets lost or stolen, on the other hand, you may purchase a replacement device for a small fee. In the case of a cell phone, the fee is $25.
As mentioned before, these replacement rules apply to mobile devices (and accessories). To find out whether the same rules apply for discounted EBB tablets, contact Q Link’s customer service.
Read one of our past articles How To Replace Qlink Wireless Phone
Which Brand Tablets Does Q Link Wireless Offer for Free?
Q Link Wireless doesn’t offer free tablets, however, they do offer new tablets at a highly discounted price of $10.01 to their Emergency Broadband Benefit-eligible customers. The brand and model of the discounted tablet depends on the location and availability and the customer cannot choose the exact device he or she wishes to receive. However, all the provided models feature a webcam, microphone, and Wi-Fi capability.
While Q Link doesn’t offer a list of potential tablet brands and models eligible customers may receive, other sources claim that eligible customers may receive one of the following tablet models:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 8″ Ruggedized Tablet, Black
- Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2021- Space Gray
- 2020 Apple iPad – Space Gray (8th generation)
- New Microsoft Surface Go 2 – Platinum (Latest Model)
- Fire HD 10 Tablet + Amazon Standing Case (Sandstone White)
- LG G Pad 5 -4GB LTE Unlocked Tablet
- Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet
You can read one of our past articles Latest Qlink Wireless Compatible Phones
Alternative Ways to Get Free Tablets for Low-Income Families From Charities and Non-profit Organizations?
In case you applied for a discounted government-funded tablet at Q Link and got rejected, you may still be able to receive a free or discounted government tablet from charities and non-profit organizations.
Volunteers at charities and non-profit organizations may sometimes receive a PC, laptop, or tablet. Thrift stores regularly donate used tablets to their staff members. Certain charities also offer free tablets to people in need. They may provide either new or used tablets. Churches and other religious institutions and groups are also known to offer free tablets to low-income households and students. In addition, students from low-income families may receive a free or discounted tablet at school.
The programs and organizations that may offer you a free or discounted tablet include:
- Ctac-Computer Technology Assistance Corps
- The Salvation Army
- With Reasons
- Microsoft Registered Refurbished
- The On It Foundation
- Technology Assisting People In Need
- World Computer Exchange
- Computers For Learning
- Komputers 4 Kids
- Accelerated Schools Programs
- Public Libraries
- Local Churches
- Search for used or refurbished tablets, as many companies may offer them for free
- Federation of Italian American Organizations of Brooklyn offers free tablets for Kings County seniors
How Free Government Tablets Help Low-income People?
There are many ways in which receiving a free government tablet may help low-income people that may not be able to afford to purchase one.
- It helps low-income individuals and families stay in touch with family members and friends.
- It provides internet access and thus enables low-income people to take an online course, read books, studies, and articles available on the internet, get an online education, and learn new skills.
- It enables people to apply for jobs.
- It enables students to apply for scholarships and education programs.
- It enables people to do their jobs and earn money.
- It enables people to monitor their health and stay in touch with health care providers.
- It provides more advanced communication equipment that can in many ways replace a cell phone.
- By providing more communication, work, education, and other options, it may improve the quality of life.
In case you also need information Free Government Cell Phones For Low Income
Q Link Wireless Free Tablet Related Others Thing You Should Know
Does Q Link Charge Any Cost for Free Tablets?
Yes. The tablets you can receive at Q Link aren’t completely free of charge but highly discounted instead. To receive the discounted tablet you will be required to pay a $10.01 co-pay.
How Long Does It Take to Receive a Q Link Free Tablets?
Once the customer places the order, the shipment may take up to 6 or 8 weeks, depending on availability.
Does Q Link Give Free Phones?
No, Q Link provides their Lifeline and EBB-eligible customers with free cell phone service with unlimited data, talk, and text, and discounted tablets. However, unlike some other Lifeline providers, the company does not provide free phones.
Can I Use Any SIM Card on Q Link Free Tablets?
It depends on whether or not the tablet is unlocked. If it is unlocked, you may be able to use any SIM card with it. However, if you wish to use the tablet with Q Link’s free monthly services, which a Lifeline or EBB-eligible customer will receive, you will have to use Q Link’s SIM card.
Does Q Link Tablet Have a Hotspot?
It depends on the exact tablet model you may receive. However, Q Link currently doesn’t offer a hotspot for devices with their plans.
Read More About Qlink Hotspot Does Qlink Wireless Have Hotspot