Qlink wireless is the fastest growing cellphone company that understands the great importance of communication. Consequently, the company works hard to ensure everyone is connected wirelessly. It has the best customer care services. Qlink is one of the most trusted and reliable providers that has collaborated with the government to provide free cell phones to eligible consumers through Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Additionally, the company provides free call minutes, texts and monthly data. It offers these services in several states like Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Why Would You Choose Qlink Wireless?
There are several Lifeline and ACP companies in the US. Among many, why would you choose Qlink?
- Qlink services are cheap with no extra hidden charges. It has cheap discounted plans that are affordable to many. Additionally, it has completely free plans with zero incurred costs.
- It has no renewable contracts. Qlink is contract-free. That means consumers can easily retract from their services at any time with no fines.
- It conducts no credit checks on consumers.
- It has national wide coverage. That means it has services in several states across the USA.
Does Qlink Provide Free Phones? What Services Does Qlink Offer
Yes, it does. As stated earlier, Qlink partners with Lifeline and ACP federal programs to provide free cell phones to eligible beneficiaries. This company offers the following services:
Provides Free Call Minutes
Qlink offers free and discounted call minutes to eligible consumers. Eligible members receive 1000 call minutes. As if that is not enough, the company offers a free bonus of 100 call minutes after inviting family members or friends to their services.
It Provides Free Text And Data Services
In addition to free calls, Qlink provides free text and data services to qualified Lifeline beneficiaries. It provides unlimited texts constantly throughout the USA.
Data bundles vary per state and range from 1-2 GB per month. It also offers free 100 MBS to every referred member.
It Provides Free 411 Directories Help Services
This service is meant to help obtain important phone numbers or addresses of an individual or business entity.
Provides Free 911 Services
Qlink offers free 911 services to acquire help during emergencies like a fire, accidents, and robberies.
The company provides other services like:
- 3-way calling.
- Call waiting and forwarding.
- Caller ID.
- Free roaming.
What are the Steps to Get a Qlink Wireless Free Phone
Customers can also receive Qlink free phones, however, to do so, you must meet certain requirements, respect some rules, and follow a simple, yet vital process.
First of all, in order to receive a Qlink free phone, you must meet the company’s government assistance program requirements. Obviously, the government does not hand out free phones to people who have more than enough money to purchase a device themselves. It does, however, offer free phones and services to low-income households that are struggling to buy these necessities themselves. In order to set apart the people who really need help from the ones that can get by, the government has determined a set of eligibility criteria, which must be met if a person or household wishes to enroll in the program. You can see the Qlink Lifeline and ACP eligibility criteria in the next section.
Secondly, in addition to being eligible, you must also be able to prove your eligibility by providing certain official documents that contain the required information. See which documents are acceptable below.
Thirdly, if eligible, you can apply for the Lifeline and ACP program and a Qlink free phone. If your application gets approved, you will be notified. You will then receive a Qlink free phone, a Qlink free tablet (if ACP-eligible), and free monthly services.
How Do I Qualify for a Qlink Free Phone Through the Lifeline and ACP Programs
To benefit from Qlink, you must either meet the Lifeline/ACP income eligibility or program-based eligibility.
Lifeline and ACP Income-based Eligibility:
Your annual household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (for Lifeline) or 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (for ACP).
Lifeline and ACP Assistance Program-based Eligibility:
You or any other member of your household must be an active participant in a federal government assistance program. Eligible programs include:
- Supplemental nutritional assistance program (SNAP) (for Lifeline and ACP)
- Medicaid health program (for Lifeline and ACP)
- Supplemental security income (SSI) (for Lifeline and ACP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) (for Lifeline and ACP)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit (for Lifeline and ACP)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (for Lifeline and ACP)
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard) (for Lifeline and ACP)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF) (for Lifeline and ACP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (for Lifeline and ACP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) (for ACP)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools (for ACP)
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year (for ACP)
In addition, all Lifeline participants are automatically eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Also, to participate in Lifeline or ACP, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of one of the states where your selected provider offers its services.
What Documents are Required When Applying for Lifeline and ACP to Receive Qlink Free Phones
To benefit from Qlink Lifeline services, you have to present evidence of eligibility. You can show that you qualify for the government assistance program by providing the following types of documents:
- Identity Verification. Provide a copy of an official document that includes your full legal name and date of birth. Acceptable documents include a valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID, passport, birth certificate, U.S. driver’s license, certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization, permanent Resident Card or Green Card, etc.
- Address Verification. Provide a copy of an official document that includes your full legal name and physical address. Acceptable documents include a valid government, state, or Tribal ID, driver’s license, utility bill, mortgage or lease statement, or most recent W-2 or tax return.
- Household Income Proof. Provide a copy of an official document that includes your full legal name and annual income. Acceptable documents include paycheck stubs, current income statement from your employer, prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, a Social Security statement of benefits, Veterans Administration statement of benefits, divorce decree, child support award, a retirement or pension statement of benefits, Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, etc.
- Qualifying Assistance Program Participation Proof. Provide a copy of an official document that includes your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the institution that issued the document, and an issue date within the last year or a future expiration date. Acceptable documents include an approval letter, benefit award letter, benefit verification letter, statement of benefits, or school documentation.
- Other Potential Documents. Emancipated minors must also provide proof of their emancipated minor status, such as a court document or certificate of emancipation. You may also be required to provide a duplicate address, Social Security Number or Tribal ID Number, and proof of life.
Make sure the copy is not blurry or dark. You can make a copy using a scanner, copy machine, or camera/smartphone. Most importantly, make sure to never submit original documents.
How To Apply For a Qlink Wireless Free Cellphone
Here is the complete process to follow when applying for a Qlink wireless free cell phone:
- Visit Qlink offices or official website: Qlink does generally not reveal which phone brands and models are available in advance, as it depends on the availability and the location. However, you can enquire about the options and perhaps even select your preferred phone.
- Apply for the phone:Start the application process by entering your ZIP code and email address on the official website. Press ‘Get it Now’. You will be redirected to the company’s online application form. Fill out the form with the correct required details.
- Prove eligibility: While completing the form, also attach reliable documents to prove eligibility.
- Submit the form: This is the final stage. After proving eligibility, submit your form and wait for approval.
Rather than the above-mentioned ways, you can also submit your Qlink phone application form along with relevant documents to the provider’s physical address. All residents of Bexar, Wilson, Karnes, Frio, Bandera, Medina, Atascosa, and Kerr can send their applications to:
Qlink wireless, LLC,
499 E Sheeridan street
Danias, Florida 33004.
You can also call them via Fax: 1-855-837-5465 or Cellphone number: 1-855-754-6543.
What Happens After Submitting The Form?
After submitting, Qlink investigates your documents to prove if you qualify. In most cases, they contact you for an interview. Later, the company takes two to three weeks to process the request and deliver your phone.
How Can I Check My Lifeline and ACP Application Status
Once you submit your Qlink Wireless Lifeline and ACP application form and the company determine whether or not you qualify, Qlink will notify you as soon as they come to a conclusion. You will probably be notified via email.
In addition, you can check your Lifeline and ACP application status by signing into your Qlink account on Qlink’s official website. There, you can see all the information about your account. You will be required to create an account during the application process anyway.
What are the Main Reasons for Not Qualifying for the Lifeline and ACP Program
In case you have applied for Qlink’s Lifeline and ACP program and your application did not get approved, you probably do not qualify. Some of the main reasons for not qualifying include:
- The provided personal information is invalid.
- The provided proof documentation is invalid (expired, blurry, etc.)
- You do not meet income-based eligibility or program-based eligibility.
- You are not 18 years old or more or an emancipated minor
- You are not a resident of one of the states where Qlink offers its services
- You forgot to provide certain information or documentation
- Another member of your household already receives the benefit
- Your household already receives the benefit from another provider
If I Don’t Qualify for the Lifeline and ACP Programs, Is There Any Other Way to Get a Free Phone From Qlink
If you don’t qualify for the Lifeline and ACP programs, there is unfortunately no other way to receive a free phone from Qlink Wireless.
However, the company does offer a large selection of highly discounted phones, including:
- Qlink Smartphone
- HP Serrano
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- NUU X6 Plus
- Motorola Moto g Fast
- ZTE Blade A3 JOY
- Nokia 3.4
- OnePlus Nord N100
- TCL A30
- BLU View 3
- CAT S42H+
- RCA Reno
- Apple iPhone 12, etc.
View the company’s selection of discounted phones at https://qlinkwireless.com/shop-phone/.
What are the Qlink Wireless Lifeline and ACP Benefits That You Can Get With a Free Phone
In addition to a Qlink free phone, eligible customers can also receive numerous other great benefits, including:
- A Qlink Wireless free tablet. This is only available for ACP-eligible customers. And according to the government rules, the customer must pay a mandatory fee to receive the device. The fee is more than $10 and less than $50 (depending on the provider).
- Free government cell phone service with:
- Free unlimited data
- Free unlimited talk
- Free unlimited text
- Free unlimited picture messaging
- Emergency service calls to 911
- Access to 10 million free Wi-Fi locations
- Keep your phone and number (if you wish to do so)
- Free SIM card and activation
- Additional features, such as voice mail and 3-way calling
What are the Qlink Wireless Lifeline and ACP Plans
Qlink values equality. Spite the fact that services differ from one state to another, this company has equalized plans in nearly all states.
It has free lifeline plan with the following services:
|Plan name||Texts||Call minutes||Monthly data|
|Free Lifeline Only plan||Unlimited||1000 call minutes||4.5 GB|
|Free Lifeline & ACP plan||Unlimited||Unlimited call minutes||Unlimited GB|
Qlink discounted bundle plans.
|Plan names||Data||Texts||Call minutes|
|$15/month plan||500 MB||Unlimited||Unlimited||+International calling, picture messaging|
|$25/month plan||1 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited||+International calling, picture messaging|
|$30/month plan||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||+Picture messaging|
/$35 with auto refill
|3 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited||+International calling, picture messaging|
/$45 with auto refill
|5 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited||+International calling, picture messaging|
/$55 with auto refill
|Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||+International calling, picture messaging|
If you got friends or relatives outside the USA that you need to communicate with, then Qlink has got you covered. It has the following international plans:
- $3 rate per minute plan.
- $5 plan for global connect. The plan has unlimited calls for 30 days.
- $5 for 5 world link plan.
- $10 for 10 world link plan.
You can also just add minutes or data:
- $1 unlimited minutes for 1 day + unlimited texts
- $5 unlimited minutes for 30 days + unlimited texts
- $3 100 MB data Only + unlimited texts (30 service days)
- $10 500 MB data Only + unlimited texts (30 service days)
- $15 1 GB data Only + unlimited texts (30 service days)
- $25 2 GB data Only + unlimited texts (30 service days)
- $45 4 GB data Only + unlimited texts (90 service days)
- $55 5 GB data Only + unlimited texts (90 service days)
Purchase additional Qlink plans at https://qlinkwireless.com/members/cart/quickpurchase.aspx?shop=bundles.
How Do I Activate My Qlink Wireless Free Phone
Qlink customers have two options in regards to cell phones – they can either receive/purchase one directly from Qlink Wireless or they can bring their own (carrier-unlocked and compatible) device to the company. Either way, before they can start using the device, they must first activate the new Qlink SIM card. To do so, they must follow an easy 4-step process:
- Step 1: Insert your SIM card. Once you receive your SIM card kit (and phone), you can locate the SIM card in it. Take your phone and carefully remove your current SIM with the SIM card ejector tool. Select the right SIM size and insert your new SIM card into your phone’s SIM slot, close the tray, and turn on the device.
- Step 2: Reset your network. Go to your phone’s settings. Android users will then press ‘Reset’ or ‘Network Settings’, select ‘Network Reset’, and follow the prompts. iPhone users, on the other hand, will go to ‘Settings’, press ‘General’, scroll down and select ‘Reset’, and ‘Network Reset Settings. Then, they will enter their iPhone password and confirm the reset.
- Step 3: Transfer your phone number. To do so, you will have to keep your current number active, pay any remaining balances with the current carrier, ensure that the device is unlocked, and have no existing ports initiated. Then, you can follow these instructions to transfer your phone number: https://support.qlinkwireless.com/can-i-transfer-my-number-to-q-link-wireless/.
- Step 4: Download the app. This will enable you to manage your account.
What are the Restrictions for Qlink Wireless Government Free Phone
As is the case with any government assistance program, Qlink’s Lifeline and ACP programs come with certain government-imposed restrictions, including:
- The Lifeline/ACP program only allows 1 enrollment per household.
- Only eligible households can apply.
- Lifeline and ACP benefits and non-transferable.
- While a household can change its Lifeline/ACP provider, it cannot receive benefits from several providers at once.
- In order to continue receiving the benefits, you must use them at least once a month.
- In order to continue receiving the benefits, you must reapply once a year.
- If you are no longer eligible, make sure to notify the company within 30 days.
What If the Qlink Wireless Free Government Phone Doesn’t Work? Is There Any Warranty?
Qlink Wireless customers have 14 days from the delivery date of their cell phone (free or purchased) to return any defective device and/or accessory. The company will exchange the defective device for a replacement device at its own discretion. To receive a defective device replacement, call Qlink’s customer support service at 1-855-754-6543.
Note: This 14-day limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship under normal use by the subscriber.
6 Best Qlink Government Free Phones
Qlink allows customers to use their personal phones under BYOP program. It also gives free cell phones to those who can’t afford them. Below is a list of the best cell phones that are given out by Qlink for free.
1. Motorola Moto E5+ Smartphone
This is one of the best cellphones that Qlink offers to its customers. The phone is designed with a wide raft of breathtaking features. Firstly, it boasts of a 5 MB front camera and 8 MP rear cameras. It also has 4000 MAH battery that enables your phone last for several hours when fully charged.
The phone has 5.7 inch display and a scratch resistance screen with a resolution of 720×1440 )pixels. More to that, it operates under the latest android 8.0, has a storage capacity of 16 GB.
2. LG Stylo 4 Smartphone
This is another best Qlink smartphone with amazing features that can never disappoint. For instance, it has 13 MP rear and 5 MP front cameras for high quality images. In addition, it has large internal storage capacity of 32 GB and a memory card slot for external storage purposes.
The phone has a display of 6.2 inches and a resolution screen of 1080 ( 2160 ) pixels. It also has ambient, proximity sensors and 3300 MH long lasting battery that goes for long duration without recharging. It operates under 9.0 latest android with 4 G speed internet for faster and convenient browsing.
3. Motorolla Moto G6 Play Smartphone
From the great Motorola Company, this phone is designed with a long life battery of 3000 MAH. It operates under the latest android IOS 8.0 and a 450 CPU snap dragon. It has large display size of 5.7, 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage capacity.
It’s known to have the best HD plus screen with a resolution of 1080×2160 pixels which is slightly higher compared to other qlink phones. It has high quality rear camera of 12+5 MPS and a front with 8 MPS.
4. Samsung Galaxy A Smartphone
It is another reliable qlink cellphone with 6.2 inch display and 720 ×520 resolution water proof screen. It operates under 9.0 pie android and a 4 G LTE internet speed of 150 MBPS.
Galaxy A is build with 3400 MAH battery, 13 MP back camera, and 5 MP front cameras. In addition, it has other special features like ‘face and lock’ security lock, 32 GB internal storage and external storage of 512 GB.
5. Apple iPhone 8
Well known, apple has the best phones. The phone has 4.7 inch display and a strong screen that is iron strengthened. It has amazing RAM and storage that varies. I mean, some models have 2 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage while other models have 2 GB ram and 256 GB internal storage.
Iphone 8 operates under IOS 11 which can be upgraded to IOS 13.3. Amazing, right? Moreover, it has 12MP back and 7MP front camera for quality images. It has an inbuilt 182 MAH long life battery.
6. Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy note 9 has 12 MP back and 8 MP front cameras. It has 4000 MAH battery which charges quit quick. Its storage varies; as some models have 128 GB storage while others have 512 GB storage.
Its RAM also varies since some models have 6 while others have 8 GB RAM. It has 4GB internet capability of 400 MBPS. Its display is huge with a high resolution of 14402×960 pixels screen of 16 million colors.
This model operates under android 8.1 Orio with spectacular audio features firmly fitting music lovers.
Recommended post: Best Free Touch Screen Government Phones
5 Best Unlock Phones Compatible With Qlink 2022
Below is a list of the most recent phones that qualify for BYOP Qlink program
1. iPhone 5 S
This phone easily compacts with qlink services. It has excellent audios, Bluetooth connectivity and reliable 8 MP back camera for quality videos and images. It has a 4 inch LED camera and 1.3 GHZ cyclone processor.
2. LG Nexus 5 D820
This phone is also compatible with Qlink. It has a 4.85 inch display, 2.3 GHZ krait processor. It has 16 GB storage and operates under android 4.4 versions that can be upgraded to android 6.
3. LG X charge
It is an IT&T/ T mobile and sprint unlocked phone. It has huge 5.5 HD display, 4500 MAH long life battery, 13 and 5 MP back and front camera. The phone runs on 7.1 android.
4.Motorola Google Nexus 6
Google Nexus 6 is another amazing phone that qualifies for BYOP program. It is powered through a high 2.7 GHz snap dragon processor, 3 GB ram and a huge 64 GB internal memory.
It also features a long life 3220 mAh battery that last for 6 hours and above without recharge. Last but not least, it has dual cameras with 13 MP rear and 2MP front for quality images and videos.
Pixel XL is a modern 2016 phone that qualifies for BYOP program. It has a huge 5.5 inch display, 13 MP, 8 MP back and front camera, 32 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM.
It is also inbuilt with a long life 3450 MAH battery, fingerprint sensor and an active noise cancellation Mic. The phone comes with a wide selection of attractive colors like blue, silver and black.
Qlink Bring Your Own Phone Program
Qlink allows consumers to bring their personal phones through a platform known as QLink ‘bring your own phone’ program. This program has conditions that require your phone to be unlocked and compatible with Qlink postpay and prepay services. If you want to know about Qlink replacement you can check here How To Replace Qlink Wireless Phone
Steps To Use Bring Your Own Phone In Qlink Wireless
- Confirm whether your phone is compatible with Qlink
How do you check? Qlink has ways to prove eligibility on BYOB program. All you need to do is enter your phones MEID, ESN or IMEI to https://www.qlinkwireless.com/BYOP.aspx. What is mobile equipment identifier (MEID), electronic serial number (ESN) and international mobile equipment identity (IMEI)? They are model numbers used to identify a specific phone in USA. You can also research a list of Qlink compatible phones to check whether your phone is among them.
- Receive SIM card
If your phone compacts with Qlink services, you will receive a free SIM card from the providers. You can pick it personally from the provider’s offices, but if you are far, it will be shipped or delivered to you with no cost.
- Activate your phone
How to activate your android phone.
- On your phone, press these characters: ##72786#, press okay and tap ‘yes’.
- After that, your phone will shut and restart while activated.
- To confirm whether the activation was successful, conduct a test call through the number 305-260-6232.
How to activate an iPhone.
- On your iphone screen dial ##873283#.
- Tap the green icon that appears, then ‘ok’.
- After ok’ your phone will start updating.
- Once the process is complete, press ok.
- Conduct a test call through 305-260-6232, to confirm activation.
Qlink Customer Care Services
This provider offers great customer care services that are available every Monday to Friday from 8 am to 12 am. These services are also available on weekends starting from 9 am to 6pm. For convenience, it offers online chat services every day from 9 am to 12 am.
Its customer care telephone contact is 1-(855) 754-6543. You can also contact them through their website https://www.qlinkwireless.com.
Are Qlink Free Phones Really Free?
Qlink’s Lifeline and ACP program does not offer free phones in all states. However, where it does, the devices come completely free of charge.
How Good is a Qlink Wireless Free Phone?
As mentioned before, it is unknown exactly which phone model and brand an eligible household may receive, as it depends on several factors. Nevertheless, most Lifeline/ACP providers offer mid-range Android smartphones that are not the latest models but do come with most modern features. As such, it is safe to assume that Qlink offers similar high-quality devices.
Can I Upgrade My Qlink Wireless Free Phone?
Yes. To do so, contact the provider’s customer support service. Provide the representative with your full name, your Qlink phone number, and your account ID number. You will be required to pay an upgrade fee.
Can I Get a Free SIM Card From Qlink Wireless?
Yes. As a Lifeline/ACP subscriber, you will receive a free SIM card if you also get a free phone or if you bring your own device.
What Carrier Does Qlink Wireless Use?
Qlink is a mobile virtual network operator that uses T-Mobile’s nationwide network and services.
Can I Switch to Qlink Wireless?
Yes, if you meet the above-listed eligibility criteria, you can switch to Qlink Wireless at any time you wish to do so.
How Long Will It Take to Receive Approval From Qlink Wireless Free Phone?
It depends, however, the company tends to approve applications within a few days.
What is Lifeline?
Lifeline is a government benefit program that helps make communications services more affordable for low-income people.
Does Qlink Offer Free Tablets?
Yes, Qlink is one of those ACP providers that also offer discounts on internet-connected devices (tablets). However, due to government rules, eligible customers must pay a mandatory fee of at least $10.01 to receive the device.
Does Qlink Offer Free iPhones?
It is unsure and it depends on several factors. Before you apply, make sure to contact the company’s customer service and check.
Can I Transfer My Qlink Service to Another Phone?
Yes, as Qlink allows customers to bring their own phones, you can use your Qlink service with another phone. However, the device must be carrier-unlocked and compatible with Qlink’s services. Check your phone’s compatibility with Qlink at https://qlinkwireless.com/byop.aspx.
Who Are the Best Free Government Phone Providers?
It depends on your needs and priorities. However, some of the best providers are probably those that offer both government assistance programs (Lifeline and ACP) and both free phones and tablets. Qlink is one of them.
Can I Get 2 Government Free Phones at Once?
No, both Lifeline and ACP benefits (services and devices) are limited to one per household.
Is Qlink Free Phone Locked?
Does Qlink Have Reliable Customer Care?
Yes. You can contact the company’s customer care service by phone at 1-855-754-6543 and via email at https://qlinkwireless.com/members/support.aspx.
Qlink is a reliable company that provides best free phones to its users. It also offers cheap and affordable plans with bonus calls and data for referral. Luckily, it has no hidden charges, no renewable contracts and allows replacement of stolen phones. It also allows customers to bring their own phone as long as they are UNlocked and compatible with Qlink services. Therefore, I recommend Qlink as one of the best lifeline cellphone providers.