Based in Dania, Florida, Q Link wireless provides the best free government cell phones to eligible consumers. This company started many years ago. Therefore, it has a number of old and new users. New members are lucky enough to get advanced phones with amazing features and plans. However, old users are also given a chance to trade in their old phones to newer upgraded phones at a small charge.
Why and When Should You Replace Your Phone?
The Q Link Wireless provides phone replacement services. According to Q Link, you should replace your phone in case:
- You lost your phone or it has been stolen.
- You broke your phone or it’s in poor working condition.
More generally speaking, some people suggest you should replace your phone every two years, simply because the hardware and operating system are both outdated by the time they are two years old.
Q Link Wireless Phone Replacement Policies
Replacement Of Lost Or Stolen Phones
If you are replacing your phone for the first time, you need to provide these details:
- Your lost phone’s serial number.
- A copy to prove that Q Link was your previous phone provider.
- Your social security number.
Q Link replaces your phone under the following policies:
- Q Link is not countable to any charges or lost minutes incurred between the moment you lost your phone and the moment you reported it. Therefore, make sure you report the issue to your provider immediately. This is to fasten your phone deactivation and hinder unauthorized persons from using it. Hence no extra charges apply.
- The company will replace your phone with little charges. If you lose your phone two weeks after owning it, Q Link conditions the user to pay a $25 replacement fee. Replacement is free if you lost it within two weeks of ownership.
- Every replacement phone comes with 1 GB of free data.
Q Link stolen phone replacement process:
Report it to your provider.
This will enable your provider to track the phone as soon as possible. To contact Q Link about the lost or stolen phone, you can send them an email to [email protected] or call them at 855-754-6543. Make sure to provide your phone number, name, and enrollment ID in the subject section.
This happens after tracking bears no fruit. Q Link will deactivate the phone to secure your remaining subscription balances.
Pay replacement charges.
After deactivation, you should pay a $25 replacement fee and get a payment receipt. You will then receive your phone within 24-48 hours.
Other lost or stolen mobile device policies:
- The replacement cell phone will come with all your remaining allotted minutes for the current month. However, any purchased minutes that you may have had on your lost device will not be replaced.
- In case you lose the replacement device or if it gets stolen, you will have to buy another phone.
- If a device gets lost or stolen during the transit to the customer before delivery, the device and the minutes may be replaced by Q Link as a one-time courtesy.
- In case you fail to activate a new phone or notify Q Link that you have found your lost device within 45 days for the date of notification, your Q Link account will be deactivated and you will lose your Q Link phone number and the Q Link Wireless Lifeline membership.
Replacement Of Defective Phones
Q Link gives its customers a warranty duration of one year to replace defective phones. Unlike lost phones, replacing defective phones is stricter. A thorough investigation is always done to ensure your phone did not defect or break carelessly. After that, you are required to pay the usual $25 replacement fee, and then you receive your phone. However, if the device was already defective when you received it, you have up to 14 days from the delivery date of the mobile device to return it. In this case, the replacement will be free of charge.
Q Link Replacement Terms And Conditions
Although replacing your phone from Q Link is easy, there are terms and conditions set for members to strictly follow. These are:
Must be eligible for Lifeline.
To replace your Q Link phone, you should prove lifeline eligibility. How? Provide evidence of participation in any federal assistance program; Medicaid, food stamps and Medicare, supplemental security income, and low-income home energy program among others.
You can also prove eligibility through relevant documents to show your income is below the federal poverty guideline.
Must have American citizenship
You can replace your phone under Q Link only if: you are an American registered citizen. However, you qualify to replace if you have lived in the US for more than five years and attained lawful residency.
You should be above 18 years old
To own or replace a Q Link phone, you must be an adult of 18 years or above.
Q Link Wireless Upgrade Guidelines
It is unfortunate that older Q Link beneficiaries have fewer privileges to enjoy. Luckily, Q Link does not restrict users to keep their older phones. This company upgrades your phone depending on the newer models available in their stores.
Why Should You Upgrade Your Phone?
Technology has really developed. Therefore, older phones are outdated. Consequently, older users are upgrading to more advanced and updated cell phones.
Secondly, Q Link upgraded phones will let you enjoy a lot of services. For instance, you get 1000 free call minutes for adequate services like making appointments, calling loved ones, and making relevant emergency calls.
To add, you acquire free text messages and 1 GB of monthly data with web browsing, video downloads, and social media interactions. You also get free international calls, call waiting, caller ID, voicemails, and free directory services among others.
How Do I Activate My Q Link Replacement Phone?
Regardless of whether you have your first Q Link phone, an upgraded phone, or a replacement phone, Q Link’s activation process follows the same simple steps.
- Step 1: Get a Q Link Sim card kit. You can buy it at their official website. If you already have a SIM card, you can use the old one. Also, make sure to have your phone ready.
- Step 2: Insert your SIM card. First, you must locate the SIM tray on your phone. It may be located underneath the device’s back cover, on the side, or on the top panel. Use the ejector tool included in your SIM card kit to open the tray. Once you do so, choose the right SIM card size to fit into your phone’s SIM tray. The SIM card comes in three different sizes. Then, carefully insert your Q Link SIM card into the SIM slot and close the back cover or the tray.
- Step 3: Reset your network. This step is more applicable in case you bring your own phone. With a replacement phone, you won’t be required to so. However, just in case, here is how to reset the network.
For Android devices: Go to ‘Settings’, scroll down and choose ‘Reset’ or ‘Network Reset Settings’. Press ‘Network Reset’ and follow the instructions. Wait for the device to complete the process.
For iPhones: Go to ‘Settings’, press ‘General’, scroll down and press ‘Reset’, and choose ‘Reset Network Settings. If asked, enter your iPhone password, and confirm the reset. Wait for the device to complete the process.
- Step 4: Transfer your number (if you don’t wish to transfer your number, you can skip this step). To transfer your number, call Q Link’s customer support at 1 (305) 260-6232. The technician on the line will guide you through the process. Make sure to have your account number and PIN ready to speed up the process.
- Step 5: Download the My Mobile Account app from Google Play Store or iPhone App Store (depending on which device you have) and follow the instructions. Log in with your Q Link phone number. You can manage your account through the app or by visiting qlinkwireless.com/login.
Can I Find My Friend’s Lost Q Link Phone Using My Q Link Phone?
Advanced apps, technology, and features make losing a phone way less of a problem than it used to be. They allow you to erase data, call the phone remotely, and even find your device pretty effortlessly.
One of the simplest ways to find your or your friend’s lost Q Link phone is through Google. Their ‘Find my device’ app can be used for both Android and iOS devices. While this app may not be able to provide the exact geo-location of the device, it will provide many other valuable clues:
- It will display a message on the screen as soon as you report to Google that your device is lost.
- You will be able to call the phone that has been lost from your friend’s device and the lost phone will ring even if it is in silent mode.
- You will be able to lock the lost phone and erase all data from your friend’s phone.
However, there are some preconditions for you to be able to use this service:
- Your lost phone must be turned on.
- It must be connected to data or Wi-Fi.
- The location features must be turned on.
- The device must be signed in to a Google account.
If the lost phone is connected to the network, you can try some other apps and tools to locate the device from your friend’s phone, tablet, or laptop. Some of these tools include:
- Family locator
- Google Home
- Prey anti-theft
If none of the above works, make sure to contact Q Link Wireless to help you locate the device. They will be able to reset your data, track the phone through its IMEI number, and even notify relevant authorities.
How to Forward Calls and Texts From a Q Link Lost or Damaged Phone?
The call forwarding feature is available on all Q Link smartphones and devices without internet access. It allows customers to receive phone calls and messages from other devices. It can also serve as a way to track down your lost phone. While this feature is very convenient, it does have its downsides. For one, as soon as you activate this feature, you won’t be able to receive any calls or messages to this number, as they will be forwarded to the designated number. Additionally, calls and messages can’t be forwarded to international numbers.
To activate this feature, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Dial *72.
- Step 2: Enter the phone number and area code to which you wish to forward your calls and messages.
- Step 3: Get the confirmation tone to approve the designated number.
- Step 4: Start receiving calls from another number.
To deactivate this feature, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Dial *72.
- Step 2: Select calls and text messages to be sent to your phone.
- Step 3: Receive a notification confirming that the calls and text messages will be sent to your phone number.
Qlink Wireless Upgrades Phones
1. Alcatel one touch
This garget is unique and happens to be one of the best smartphones for Q Link wireless upgrade. It has an upgraded 5.1 lollipop OS and a slightly smaller 4.5-inch display to carry around easily. In addition, it has a reliable screen resolution of 540(960) pixels, 4 G internal storage, 7 GB RAM, and a 7.2 GHz quad-core processor. It is also powered by a quality 5 MP rear camera.
2. Kyocera hydro edge
This is another amazing phone for Q Link upgrade. It is durable with a hard and bulky external cover that makes it water-resistant. It has a clear 5 MP back camera, a lasting 1600 MAH battery, and a dual-core 100MHz processor. Additionally, it is easy to carry around, with a smaller-sized 4-inch screen display and 480(800) resolution screen.
3. The legacy ( N 817 )
For a Q Link upgrade, consider this amazing model. It is built with a 1500 MAH battery, 4 GB internal memory, and a 1.2 GHz speed processor. The gadget weighs only 134 grams making it easily portable. Additionally, it has a screen powerful resolution power of 480(800) pixels. It is also built with a TFT color technology for top-quality images.
4. HTC desire 626
This is another smartphone that is suitable for Q Link wireless upgrade. It has clear 8 MP back and 5 MP front cameras. It also has a long-lasting 2000 MAH battery, 5.0-inch display, 720 ( 1280 ) resolution screen, and internal storage of 16 GB RAM. This model has multiple color designs giving users a wide variety to choose from.
5. Blackberry curve 8330
This is another gadget that suits Q Link upgrade services. It has an easy portable weight of 113 grams, a small display size of 2.5 inches, 1150 MAH lasting battery, and 32 MB RAM. It is also available in amazing colors making it beautiful and presentable.
Can You Change Qlink Wireless Phone Number?
It is very possible to change your previous phone number to a new Q Link phone number through this easy process:
- Contact Q Link customer care representative and pay 5 $ facilitation fee.
- After payment receipt, Q Link will process your new phone number.
While changing your Q Link number, note the following;
- If you have used the number for less than 30 days, then the changing process is completely free.
- Your new assigned number will be generated randomly.
- Once you change your number, all your old voicemail messages will be deleted.
- Once you change your number, you won’t be able to change it back to your current one.
Click Customer Care Services
Q Link customer care services are open every weekday from 9 is to 6 pm. These services are also open on weekends from 8 am to 12 am. Not to forget, they have an online live chat every day from 9 am to noon. You can also call them on 1-855-837-5465. In addition, you can send your request or complaint through the following address: E Sheidan ST, Ste 200, Dania, Florida 33004.
Q Link Phone Replacement Related Others Thing You Need to Know
Does Q Link offer any plans when I replace a Q Link phone?
When you replace your Q Link phone you will most likely stay on your former plan. Generally, you can choose between their standard bundles, minute plans, data plans, and international plans. To see their plan selection visit https://qlinkwireless.com/members/cart/quickpurchase.aspx.
How long does it take to replace a Q Link phone?
After paying replacement charges, Q Link will send you the replacement phone in 24 to 48 hours.
Can I put my old Q Link SIM in a new replacement phone?
Yes, you can put your Q Link SIM in any cell phone, as long as it’s Q Link compatible, which their won replacement phones definitely are.
Can I transfer my Q Link service to a replacement phone?
Yes, your Q Link service will be automatically transferred to your replacement phone.
Why does Q Link charge me when I replace my phone?
The replacement smartphones Q Link sends are packed with many advanced features and have a value of $75. As the federal government does not reimburse them for the smartphones they provide, they offer these advanced replacement phones at a discounted price of $25. In addition, they offer you 1 GB of free data.
Can I Change My Q Link Phone Number when I replace my phone?
Yes, you can change your Q Link phone number when you replace your phone. To do so, simply follow the instructions given above.
How to cancel my Q Link Wireless service if I lost my phone?
To cancel your Q Link Wireless service, simply contact Q Lin’s customer care. You can send them an email to [email protected] or call them at 855-754-6543. They will guide you through the cancellation process. To rejoin the network, contact the number again and they will start the application process.
What carrier does Q Link Wireless use?
Q Link is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) that uses T-Mobile’s network and cellular towers.
Among many, Q Link is always the best lifeline service provider to consider. This is because, rather than free lifeline services, the company introduced phone replacement and upgrade services with easy and convenient policies. Its upgrade services allow the user to use more advanced and efficient phones. The company is also known to provide the most reliable and effective customer care services.
In case you also need information government free cellphones providers and plans