Why Does Sometimes the New SIM Card Not Work With a Q Link Phone?
Do you have a new Q Link Wireless SIM card and when you insert it and turn the phone on, you get the ‘Q Link Wireless SIM card not working notification’? If so, you are at the right place, as we will tell you how to fix it.
There are several reasons why your Q Link SIM card may not work:
- If your phone is not charged, it may experience difficulties reading the new SIM card that hasn’t been activated yet. Charge your phone or connect it to a charger to avoid this. Being connected to Wi-Fi could also help.
- The card may not be properly inserted into the device’s SIM card slot. The SIM card must fit the slot perfectly and the card’s chip must be at the exact right location for the device to connect with it. Also, make sure that the SIM card is not dirty, as dirt or dust may also interfere with the connection.
- Your phone may experience a minor glitch. Sometimes these things happen. If it happens to you, simply restart your device.
- Your phone is in Airplane mode. If so, the SIM card won’t be able to work. Simply turn off the Airplane mode and you should be able to use your Q Link SIM card and services.
- Your Q Link SIM card is not compatible with your phone. See how to fix this issue in the next chapter.
- Your phone may need a software update. See how to update your device’s software to fix the ‘Q Link Wireless SIM card not working’ error in the section ‘How Can I Get the Latest Software Updates on My Q Link Phone?’.
- Your SIM card hasn’t been activated yet. You must activate it to start enjoying your Q Link services. See the Q Link SIM card activation process below.
What if Q Link SIM is Not Compatible With My Phone
Q Link Wireless is a Lifeline and ACP provider that offers eligible low-income customers free monthly phone service with unlimited talk, text, and data. ACP subscribers can also receive a discounted ACP tablet. However, Q Link Wireless does not offer phones (at least not in all states and at all times). Luckily, the company does allow customers to bring their own phone to Q Link through the provider’s BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program.
However, you can’t bring just any phone to Q Link. To bring your device to Q Link, the device must be carrier-unlocked, purchased and paid in full by you (leased phones are ineligible), and compatible with Q Link’s services.
If your phone is not compatible with Q Link’s services, your Q Link SIM card will simply not work with it. To check whether or not this is the issue, go to qlinkwireless.com/byop.aspx, enter your device ID (ESN, IMEI, or MEID) in the provided search box, and press ‘Continue’. The system will immediately notify you if that is the issue.
If your phone is in fact incompatible, you will have to use another device that is compatible (check its compatibility on the link above).
How Can I Get the Latest Software Updates on My Q Link Phone?
If you believe outdated software is causing the issue, try updating it. To do so:
- Take your phone and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select System.
- Press Advanced.
- Then, press System Update.
- Finally, tap ZTE Update.
- Press Check for Update.
- If an update is available, your phone will automatically start to download it to the device.
Once the phone is updated, perform a network reset, as it will clear the ‘junk’ files and make your phone run faster. To do so:
- Go to Settings.
- Press System.
- Select Reset Options.
- Press Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, and Bluetooth.
Restart your phone and connect to the upgraded network.
Q Link SIM Card Correct Activation Guide
If your Q Link SIM card hasn’t been activated, this is probably the reason why your phone is displaying the error. If so, you will have to activate it. Before you start, make sure the phone you are using is unlocked. Then, proceed by following the instructions below:
- Turn off the device and carefully insert the SIM card. Make sure that the phone is charged, that you choose the correct SIM size, and that you insert it properly.
- Reset your network. If you have an Android device, go to Settings, Reset or Network Settings, and Network Reset. Then, follow the prompts. On an iPhone, visit Settings, General, Reset, and Network Reset Settings. Enter your iPhone password and confirm the reset.
- If you haven’t done so already, you can then transfer your phone number.
- Finally, download Q Link’s My Mobile Account app, where you can also do the activation and manage your account.
You can also activate your Q Link SIM card by contacting Q Link’s customer support service.
I Cannot Activate My SIM Card or Fix the Q Link Wireless SIM Card Not Working Error, What Do I Do?
If you are unable to activate your Q Link SIM card and none of the methods offered in all of the sections above can fix the ‘Q Link Wireless SIM card not working’ notification, make sure to contact Q Link’s customer support service.
You can do so at qlinkwireless.com/members/support.aspx or by calling 855-754-6543.
How Do I Fix My Q Link Data if It Isn’t Working?
If your data isn’t working, make sure it is enabled on your phone. If not, you must enable it.
To do so on an Android phone, visit Settings, Wireless & Networks, Data Usage, and toggle the Enable Data switch to the right.
To do so on an iPhone, go to Settings, Cellular, and toggle Cellular Data to the right.
In addition, check your available data balance on your account.You can read one of our past articles Qlink Wireless 5G Fastest APN Settings
My Q Link Phone Keeps Turning On and Off. How Can I Fix This?
If your phone keeps turning on/off, reboot it. It should fix the problem. To do so:
- Turn off your phone.
- Hold the power and volume-down buttons simultaneously, until a recovery screen appears.
- Scroll down to Reboot System Now with the volume-down button.
- When the option is highlighted, press the power button to choose it.
The phone will reboot and turn back on automatically.
Where Can I Find the Q Link SIM Card Number on My iPhone?
There are 2 different ways to locate your SIM card number on your iPhone:
- First, you can go to Settings, General, About, and scroll down to see the SIM card or ICCID number.
- Alternatively, you can eject the SIM card and locate it written on the SIM card.
Where Can I Find the Q Link SIM Card Number on My Android Phone?
There are also 2 different ways to locate your SIM card number on your Android phone:
- First, go to Settings, About Phone, Status, scroll down and locate the SIM/ICCID number.
- Eject the SIM card or remove the back cover and battery. Find the number written on the card.
Where Can I Find My Account Number and PIN From My Current Carrier?
It depends on the carrier, however, it is usually located in the upper right corner of any bill or your online account. If you can’t find it, contact your carrier’s customer support service.
What if My Phone Doesn’t Work or Breaks?
If your phone doesn’t work, try checking it for any battering or charger problems, make sure it’s not constantly roaming, and restart the device. If nothing works or you get an unknown error message, contact Q Link’s customer support service.
Will I Need a New SIM Card for My Phone if I Bring It to Q Link?
If you already have your own SIM card in the phone you are planning to use, enter the SIM number’s last 4 digits to see if it’s compatible with Q Link’s network.
If your current SIM card is compatible, simply activate it.
If not, order a free SIM card kit with a new SIM card. Once you get it, insert the SIM card, and activate it.