Why Choose Republic Wireless Compatible Phones?
Republic Wireless is a popular U.S.-based MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) and no-contract wireless service provider. The company provides its customers with low-cost cellular service, a decent selection of high-quality mobile devices, flexible and affordable plans, nationwide coverage, and more. The service provider also allows customers to bring their own compatible devices.
Since a huge selection of cell phones is compatible with Republic Wireless network and services and since the provider offers many amazing benefits, there is a good chance that you are considering bringing your device to Republic Wireless. If that is the case, but you are not certain yet, let’s first take a look at the biggest advantages of being a Republic Wireless customer.
The MVNO is known for offering a high-quality service, great reception, unlimited plans with amazing international options, Wi-Fi calling, home phone services, data protection tools, a built-in spam call-blocking feature, great devices from the most reputable brands, comfortable cell phone financing options, cell phone and home tech protection services, a user-friendly BYOP program, and more. The best thing about Republic Wireless may be the fact that its services are truly affordable.
Republic Wireless offers a variety of simple budget-friendly plans. According to their website, the average customer actually only pays $20 a month. The company charges $5 per GB and they even offer an annual plan for an average of just $200 for the entire year. Their plans come with no contracts or hidden fees, reliable support, and a 14-day money-back guarantee. All plans offer unlimited talk and text and either the option to pay by the month or by the year. Read more about Republic Wireless plans in the ‘What Are Republic Wireless Compatible Plans’ section below or at republicwireless.com/pages/cell-phone-plans.
One of the company’s major selling points is its reliable nationwide coverage that connects 99% of all Americans. As an MVNO, Republic Wireless has agreements with two of the country’s major carriers, T-Mobile and Sprint, therefore customers get great reception throughout the entire country. The provider offers free talk and text roaming, a 14-day money-back guarantee in case you are not entirely satisfied with the coverage, and free hotspot capabilities. You can check the exact coverage in your area at republicwireless.com/pages/coverage-map by providing your address.
The provider also has an award-winning customer support service. They are knowledgeable, responsive, and reliable. They provide their customers with a member community, a help center, expert customers, and more. They are available via email at [email protected] and by chat (the chat button is located on the bottom of their website and the service is available every day from 9 am to 9 pm ET). While they don’t have a 1-800 phone number, they do offer customers to open a help ticket, ask a question or share an issue, provide the necessary information, and request a phone call. One of their representatives will call you as soon as possible. You can open a help ticket at republicwireless.com/pages/contact (press the ‘Open a Ticket’ button below the ‘Looking for phone support’ section).
How Do I Check My Phone Compatibility With Republic Wireless?
In case you wish to become a Republic Wireless customer but you already have a phone that works for you, you can simply bring it to Republic Wireless. However, to be able to use it with their services, the phone you bring must be unlocked and compatible.
There are two ways to check whether or not your phone is compatible with Republic Wireless services.
- You can check compatibility with the Republic app. Simply install the app and open it to see if your phone works with the provider’s service.
- If you prefer not to install the app, you can check your phone’s compatibility at republicwireless.com/pages/compatible-phones#phone-checker-manual. There you will see two boxes. In the first box, choose your phone brand, and in the second box, select the phone model and press ‘Go’ to verify if your phone is compatible. If you don’t know exactly which phone model you have, you can go under ‘Settings’ and ‘About Phone’. The device’s model should be noted there.
In case your phone is not compatible with Republic Wireless, you can either bring another phone or you can buy a new device at republicwireless.com/collections/phones. Republic Wireless also has an agreement with Swappa that allows customers to bring a compatible pre-owned phone from Swappa to Republic Wireless. You can find out more at pages.republicwireless.com/swappa-rw.
In case your phone is compatible, you can bring it to Republic Wireless. To do so, simply follow the simple steps provided below.
- Step 1: After checking your phone’s compatibility and confirming that your phone is indeed compatible with Republic Wireless, you can order a SIM kit. It comes with a 3-in-1 SIM card to ensure the card will fit your phone, a SIM tool, and instructions. You can order your SIM kit at republicwireless.com/products/sim-card.
- Step 2: Once your SIM kit arrives at your address, unpack it, pick the SIM size that will fit your phone, turn the phone off, and carefully insert the SIM card into the SIM tray or slot of your compatible device. If you don’t know how to insert the SIM card, you can learn more at help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006666068-Installing-Your-SIM-Card.
- Step 3: Lastly, turn your phone back on and start the activation process. Launch the Republic app and follow the provided prompts. During the activation process, you will be able to select a My Choice plan (older plans, such as Republic Refund, cannot be used with the BYOP program), however, you can later change it if you wish. If you are a Republic member, you will able to sign in to your account and either replace a number or add a new line to your account.
Republic Wireless Compatible Phones List
Republic Wireless Compatible 3.0 Phones
The phones mentioned below work with Republic Wireless My Choice (4.0) plans. However, if the phone has been purchased through another carrier (for example, Verizon, AT&T, etc.) it is not compatible and officially supported by Republic Wireless, even if it has been unlocked.
- Alcatel A30 (5046G)
- Alcatel A30 (A576RW)
- Google Pixel (G-2PW4100)
- Google Pixel 2 (G011A)
- Google Pixel 2 XL (G011C)
- Google Pixel 3 (G013A)
- Google Pixel 3 XL (G013C)
- Google Pixel 3a (G020G)
- Google Pixel 3a XL (G020C)
- Google Pixel 4 (G020I)
- Google Pixel 4 XL (G020J)
- Google Pixel 4a (G025J)
- Google Pixel 4a 5G (G025E)
- Google Pixel 5 (GD1YQ)
- Google Pixel 5 (GD1YQ)
- Google Pixel XL (G-2PW2100)
- Huawei Ascend 5W (H1623)
- LG K30 (LMX410ULMG) (2018 version)
- LG Stylo 5 (LM-Q720QMCCABK)
- moto e (XT2052-1)1
- Moto E4 (XT1768)1
- Moto E4 Plus (XT1775)1
- Moto E5 Play (XT1921-2)1
- Moto E6 (XT2005-5)1
- Moto Edge (XT2063-2)
- moto g fast (XT2045-3)1
- moto g play (2021) (XT2093-4)1
- moto g power (2021) (XT2117-4)1
- moto g power (XT2041-4)1
- moto g stylus (2021) (XT2115-1)1
- moto g stylus (XT2043-4)1
- Moto G4 (XT1625)1
- Moto G4 PLAY (XT1607)1
- Moto G4 PLUS (XT1644)1
- Moto G5 Plus (XT1687)1
- Moto G5S Plus (XT1806)1
- Moto G6 (XT1925-6)1
- Moto G6 Play (XT1922-9)1
- Moto G7 (XT1962-1)1
- Moto G7 Play (XT1952-4)1
- Moto G7 Power (XT1955-5)1
- moto one 5G ace (XT2113-2)1
- Moto X Pure Edition (XT1575)1
- Moto X4 (XT1900-1)1
- Moto Z (XT1650-03)1
- Moto Z Play (XT1635-02)1
- Moto Z2 Play (XT1710-01)1
- Moto Z3 Play (XT1929-4)1
- Moto Z4 (XT1980-3)1
- Nexus 5X by LG (LGH790)
- Nexus 6 by Motorola (XT1103)
- Nexus 6P by Huawei (H1511)
- OnePlus 6T (A6013)
- OnePlus 7T (HD1905)
- OnePlus 8 (IN2015)
- Samsung Galaxy A10e (SM-A102U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A11 (SM-A115U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A20 (SM-A205U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A21 (SM-A215U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A51 (SM-A515U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A6 (SM-A600U)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J320A)2 (2016 version)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J327U) (2017 version)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J337U) (2018 version)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J727U) (2017 version)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J737U) (2018 version)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (SM-N970U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (SM-N975U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (SM-N981U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 (SM-G981U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G781U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-G988U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ (SM-G986U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 (SM-G991U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (SM-G998U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ (SM-G996U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T)2
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930U)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935U)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965U1)
Republic Wireless Compatible 1.0 and 2.0 Android Phones
The phones listed in this chapter work with Republic Refund (2.0) and Republic 1.0 plans.
- Moto E1 (XT1019)
- Moto E2 (XT1526)
- Moto G1 (XT1031)
- Moto G3 (XT1548)
- Moto X1 (XT1049)
- Moto X2 (XT1094)
Republic Wireless Compatible DEFY Android Phones
Republic DEFY plan will only work with the two phones listed below.
- Motorola DEFY XT (557)
- Motorola DEFY XT (557D)
Phones that are compatible with Republic Wireless only include Android smartphones. Flip phones and iPhones are not compatible with their services.
What Are Republic Wireless Compatible Plans
Republic Wireless has a number of affordable and flexible plans designed to fit any customer’s needs. You can choose a monthly or annual plan with unlimited talk and text, Wi-Fi calling, and extended home phone service. The provider offers the following plans.
- The unlimited text and talk plan. It comes with unlimited talk, unlimited text, unlimited extended home phone service, and the option to add cell data for $5 per GB. It costs $15 a month or $150 a year, in which case you save $30.
- The unlimited text and talk plan with 1 GB of 4G LTE data. It comes with unlimited talk, unlimited text, 1 GB of 4g LTE data a month, unlimited extended home phone service, and the ability to use your phone and data as a hotspot. It costs $20 a month or $200 a year, in which case you save $40.
- The unlimited text and talk plan with 2 GB of 4G LTE data. It comes with unlimited talk, unlimited text, 2 GB of 4g LTE data a month, unlimited extended home phone service, and the ability to use your phone and data as a hotspot. It costs $25 a month or $250 a year, in which case you save $50.
- The Build Your Own Plan. It comes with unlimited talk, unlimited text, the possibility to choose up to 15 GB of data a month, unlimited extended home phone service, and the ability to use your phone and data as a hotspot. It costs $15 + $5/GB a month. The yearly price depends on the amount of data you add – you can calculate it by multiplying the monthly price by 10.
How Do I Get A Republic Wireless Compatible Phone?
There are three ways to get a Republic Wireless compatible phone.
- The simplest and safest way to get a Republic Wireless compatible phone is by buying one directly from them. They offer a decent selection of high-quality Android smartphones from Motorola, Samsung, and Google Pixel. As the company currently doesn’t have any retail locations, you can purchase any of their phones, as well as SIM kits and accessories, on their official website at republicwireless.com/collections/phones.
- The second way to get a Republic Wireless compatible phone is by getting a pre-owned Republic-compatible phone from Swappa. As Republic Wireless has a special agreement with Swappa, you can get a pre-owned device directly from their official website. You can find out more at pages.republicwireless.com/swappa-rw.
- The third option is to bring your own phone. The phone must be compatible with Republic Wireless network and services. You can check the compatibility on the Republic app or at republicwireless.com/pages/compatible-phones#phone-checker-manual. See the full list of currently compatible devices at help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005789107-Republic-Wireless-Phones.
What Other Carriers Are Compatible With Republic Wireless?
As Republic Wireless uses both T-Mobile and Sprint’s network, these two major carriers are compatible with Republic Wireless. The MVNO does not allow the customer to bring a device from another carrier, such as Verizon and AT&T, as any devices associated with other carriers are not officially supported, even if the phone is unlocked and the model is included in the list of compatible devices above.
On the other hand, if you wish to take your original Republic Wireless phone to another carrier, you must make sure it is unlocked (all their Republic Wireless 3.0. phones are unlocked). You can then take the unlocked phone to T-Mobile, Sprint, or any other provider, as long as the device meets the new provider’s BYOP requirements. Republic Wireless CDMA phones may also be compatible with other CDMA-supported carriers and MVNOs (such as Verizon and U.S. Cellular) and their GSM phones may be compatible with other GSM-supported carriers and MVNOs (such as AT&T).
What Are The Republic Wireless Compatible Phone Replacement Terms?
In case you decide to bring your own compatible phone to Republic Wireless, the provider will not be able to help you with replacement, repair, or refund, in case the phone gets broken.
On the other hand, if you buy a smartphone directly from Republic Wireless and it gets damaged or broken, the MVNO may repair, replace, or refund the cost of any device. The exact service and response time depend on the device that you wish to replace. The company may provide you with the exact same or functionally equivalent refurbished, reconditioned, or new device or part. If the company determines that the phone has been damaged by you, their warranty policy will not apply and you will be required to pay for a replacement phone.
In case your original Republic Wireless device gets lost or stolen, the company will not provide you with a replacement phone free of charge.
Republic Wireless Phones Others Thing You Should Know
How Is the Republic Wireless Coverage?
Considering that Republic Wireless uses T-Mobile and Sprint’s network with a 99% 4G LTE coverage and the largest 5G network in the country, the MVNO has excellent nationwide coverage. As the towers the company uses are not equally distributed throughout the country, the exact coverage may depend on the area. You can check the coverage in your area at republicwireless.com/pages/coverage-map.
In Which States Can You Get Republic Wireless?
You can have Republic Wireless in any U.S. state, however, coverage in Hawaii and Alaska is limited. Moreover, the provider doesn’t assign Hawaii or New Hampshire numbers.
Does the Government Provide Republic Wireless Compatible Phones?
Republic Wireless is not a Lifeline provider. As such, they do not offer government-funded phones. However, you may be able to bring another government-provided phone that you got at a Lifeline provider to Republic Wireless, if any of the government-provided phones are compatible with Republic’s services.
Read one of our past articles Government Free Phone
Can I Get a Free Republic Wireless Compatible Phone?
While Republic Wireless is not a Lifeline provider and they do not offer any free phones at the moment, you could be able to bring another government-provided or otherwise free device from another carrier. To do so, the free phone you wish to bring must be compatible with Republic’s services.
Are Republic Wireless Phones Unlocked?
Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 phones are not locked, however, the unique software that powers their services is not technologically compatible with other carriers. Republic Wireless 3.0 phones are fully unlocked and can be taken to another provider as long as they meet the new provider’s BYOP requirements.
Can I Upgrade Republic Wireless Compatible Phone for Free?
You can upgrade a Republic Wireless compatible phone anytime you wish, however, you cannot do it for free, at least not if you buy it directly from the provider.
Can I Use Bring Your Own Phone With Republic Wireless?
Yes, Republic Wireless offers a great user-friendly BYOP program that allows users to bring their own compatible devices. You can read more about their BYOP program at republicwireless.com/pages/compatible-phones.
What Is Republic Wireless Customer Service?
Republic Wireless has reliable customer service. They are available via email at [email protected] and by chat (the chat button is located on the bottom of their website and the service is available every day from 9 am to 9 pm ET). While they don’t have a 1-800 phone number, they do offer customers to open a help ticket at republicwireless.com/pages/contact and request a phone call. One of their representatives will call you as soon as possible.
Is Republic Wireless CDMA or GSM?
As the company is backed by both T-Mobile, which is a GSM carrier, and Sprint, which is a CDMA carrier, most of their phones can run on either GSM or CDMA network. Nonetheless, due to hardware limitations, some of their devices will only work on the company’s GSM network.
What Towers Does Republic Wireless Use?
Republic Wireless is an MVNO that uses T-Mobile and Sprint’s towers and network. Each customer gets access to one of these two networks, not both, depending on which network has the best coverage in your area.